Peace

DRIFTING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

3 month later… 

 

Things have been going on well lately. Me and Chaerin have split the time to take care of Chaera and work. Bom wants to help but Chaera doesn't seem happy about it so she decided not to come to the hospital and help with Chaerin's work in the office when she is absence. 

 

"Come on, baby, just  one more." 

 

Chaerin is struggling feeding Chaera with the soup. I can't imagine how it tastes, just looking at the appearance, I can tell it tastes like drugs. Chaera locked his lips tightly. 

I approached both of them after watching from the sofa beside the bed, "I'd rather see her stop eating and eat her pills than seeing her puke right now in front of our face." I said, and then asked Chaera to drink the water before giving her the pills.

 

Chaerin put down the bowl of soup on the table beside the bed. 

 

"Next time, I won't come here at noon. You're not listening to me." Chaerin pouted.

 

Chaera doesn't bother. She seems like not talking to Chaerin. It's weird. She is obeying me, and she always finish her soup if I feed her. Why isn't she listening to Chaerin, especially recently.

 

Chaera looked at me with sad and tired eyes, "Mom, are you two still hating each other?" she asked with innocent voice and face.

 

I glanced at Chaerin who is quickly looking away. 

 

"No. We don't hate each other. Why would us?" I caressed Chaera's forehead and asked her to leaned back on the cushion behind her.

 

"But you two don't act like you used to. And I don't understand what is aunty Bom doing with mom." 

 

"We're just friends, Chaera, I told you thousand times already." Chaerin speaks up.

 

Chaera sighed and pouted, "I know I'm going to die." she murmured.

 

I widened my eyes, so does Chaerin. We both are stoned, surprised with that statement. Chaera looked at both of us with her round and brown eyes. "I know things too. And I know aunty Bom is mom's new girlfriend. I know both of you don't talk with each other like you both used to. I know pretty mom is miserable and always sad every time mom is with aunty Bom. I know mom still loves pretty mom…"

 

"Chaera yah…" I stopped her. But she keeps going. I didn't know a six years old would say such a thing.

 

"Can I ask for something for the last time? Can you both get back together, and love each other like in the past? I really miss those moments." she ducked her head and her eyes are teary.  I went to hug her. I pushed her head to my chest and embraced her tightly. I want to cry, so bad. I love her, I don't want her to die. !!! Why is this happening to us?

 

"We're not hating each other, Chaera. Trust me, we're fighting because we love each other… so much." I looked at Chaerin. She is also looking at me with her upset face. And then she hesitantly tapped Chaera's head and smiled to me bitterly, "Yeah. We love each other." she added and placed her arm around my shoulder. 

 

***

 

"Tea? or coffee?" 

 

"Milk, chocolate, please." 

 

I smirked, "Thought you would go for beer." 

 

Chaerin chuckled as she rubbed her face, "I'm not drinking beer in the hospital. It's weird." she replied.

 

"Okay, then. Chocolate milk. I'll be back in fifteen minutes." I said, grabbing my purse and walked away from Chaera's room. It's dark already, oh how day went so fast every time I stay in the hospital. It happens so fast, not enough for me to stay together with both Chaerin and Chaera.

 

"I'm gonna go with you." Chaerin suddenly appeared by my side. 

 

"No. Who's gonna watch over Chaera?"

 

"She is smart. She can press the call button if she needs anything." 

 

Yeah, Chaerin is right. Chaera is smart enough to call the nurse, and even smart enough to recognize what's going on between us. It feels weird, because Chaerin has never volunteered to go with me, she always avoided when there's an occasion when she can be alone with me. She often also avoiding eye contact, and she has been watching me secretly, well, I can feel that. 

 

I watched her looking at a rack full of chips, her favorite. I smile slightly, finding how cute she is. Great, now I wanna cry. 

 

I realized that I've stopped crying since my relationship with Chaerin is getting better but now I feel like, all this time, all the ease feeling is just fake. I'm still sad, and still crying inside. I miss Chaerin, I still want her, I still want to get back together with her. And I still can't fully accept the fact that she is dating with Bom.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter