Tiring

DRIFTING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"What's wrong with you?" Jiyoung folded his newspaper and looked at me worriedly through his glasses. I sat across him, ordered a coffee and looked at him, then, my tears run down my cheeks. He is like, freaking out and keep starring at me, wondering what's happening. 

 

"Hey, you okay?" he placed his hand on my backhand. 

 

I gasped and shook my head, "Do I look okay?" 

 

He held my hand tight, "No, what's wrong?" 

 

"I screw up! You know that, right?" 

 

Jiyoung nods with his upset face. I remember telling him the whole story about the cheating and my separation with Chaerin. He didn't say anything, he hung up on me because I was telling him on phone. I think he was mad at me. Of course, who wouldn't?

 

He leaned back on his chair and looked out the window, "I haven't said anything to you yet but… this is so bad. Why did you do that to her? She loved you so much." He is now glaring at me.

 

I shrugged, "Yeah I'm sorry. I didn't know what happened to me. I don't know why I am such a . I don't know. I can't fix it now and I'm so devastated. Please, Jiyoung, tell me what to do."  

 

I know Jiyoung is sick of me too. Okay, I screw up with them both, Jiyoung and Chaerin. They're not mine or not by my side now. I abandoned them after all they did to me. I'm such a . An ungrateful . I don't even think I deserve any of them. 

 

"Just deal with it. We'll see what would happen. Besides, I don't think Chaerin is that selfish to ditch you away regarding to Chaera's condition." 

 

I agree with what he's saying, but still, it's not enough. I looked at him seriously now and can't stop the tears and pain, "I see them, everyday, they look so happy, they are in love, I don't know what to do. It hurts me so much…" I can't continue anymore. I need to cry so badly, I can't hold it anymore, now that there's someone listening to my story, I have to do it before I think of committing suicide. You know, crying by myself all this time is so tiring. 

 

"I know what you should do." Jiyoung looked at me in the eye, "Don't ruin it." 

 

Don't. Ruin. It. 

 

He means, don't ruin Chaerin's happiness and her romantic relationship with her new girlfriend. I get it. Jiyoung is not helping at all. He is on Chaerin's side and I can't blame anyone but myself.

 

He held my hand again and leaned forward to wipe out my tears and my cheeks, "Just stay out of it, Dara. Trust me, if you really love Chaerin, let her be happy. I believe if she still loves you, and if she loves you that much, she will eventually come back to you."

 

"I don't think that's gonna happen…"

 

"Yes it is. Because she loves you and therefore, she will always forgive you, because she can never live without you. She just needs time to heal. It's just the matter of time." Jiyoung smiled to me. 

 

"What you have to do is just wait. Wait, and stop crying." he wiped the last tears from my eyes. 

 

I smiled back to him, "I'm glad you're still as wise as you were." 

 

He chuckled, "Of course, come on, Dara, cheer up!"

 

"Thanks." I said with a grin. 

 

Oh my God. It's such a relieve talking with Jiyoung. 

 

"What's your occasion in town?" I asked him as I received my coffee from the waiter.

 

He sighed and took off his glasses, "Business. I hate it. I think I need a week off. What about we go to the lake house this weekend?" 

 

I smirked, "You kidding me? Me, you and your wife?" 

 

He widened his eyes, "Okay this sounds weird. I think It's deja vu. I remember when we were going to the lake house and it turns out that you and Chaerin had , behind my back. It's so low of you!!" 

 

I almost choked, "What? How did you…??"

 

He shook his head and smirking at me, "Chaerin told me."

 

I rolled my eyes, "Oh God that girl can't shut the up!!" I muttered.

 

"Anyway, we can…"

 

"Wait." I d my purse because my phone is ringing. It's from Chaerin, why the hell she is calling me? As long as I remember she was sick and being taken care by her lovely hot girlfriend. 

 

I pressed the button 'accept' hesitantly, "Hello?"

 

Okay it's Bom's voice.

 

I stood up immediately, "Okay I'll be right there." 

 

I'm panicked. Jiyoung is panicked as well. This is bad. I feel bad. No. It's not about Chaerin, but Chaera. 

 

 

***

 

 

Inside me is still grumbling. I still can't believe what had happened. I entered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter