Chapter 19

Professional Opinion

Chapter 19

 


 

“Stop hitting me.”

“Stop trying to hold my hand then.  This is our first date.  You’re getting kind of bold, huh?”


“I can’t help it.  You’re too beautiful.  I just want to touch you, and kiss you, and---”

“If this was seriously our first date I would have slapped you by now.”

“Sorry, got carried away.  Reverting back to middle school mode.”


Jiyong took a gigantic step away from me and stuck his arms behind his back like a little boy would do.  I the ice cream cone in my hand and rolled my eyes at him, more interested in the treat Jiyong had just purchased for me.


Jiyong and I had successfully spent the entire day together and spent around 12,000 won total.  We started our day in the park with Gaho by our sides.  The elderly couples and young children that were scattered amongst the park’s ground made me feel like an absolutely normal couple with Jiyong by my side.  Though, I never forgot for a moment that I was currently on a date with the most adored idol in all of Korea as of now.  I had to refrain myself a couple times from grabbing him and kissing the life out of him.  I could tell he was feeling the exact same way.  But the both of us didn’t want to start any scandals by public display of affection.  The obvious radiated off our skins while Jiyong tried to soothe it by attempting to hold my hand.  After many failed attempts, I finally allowed him to put his arm around my shoulder while we walked Gaho along the park’s paths.  This was still our first date, technically, and since Jiyong wanted to play along with it I decided to try and make this authentic as possible.


The Seoul air was crisp and cooler than usual as we laid down on a blanket in the park.  Jiyong and I traced random animals with our fingers towards the clouds while Gaho ran around by the pond.  The sense of security enveloped me as I felt Jiyong’s presence near me.  His existence gave my life so much new meanings: life, passion, strength, loyalty, and maybe, I don’t even, perhaps love.  Love?  I was getting completely ahead of myself.  Laying here next to Jiyong, my heart began to pump rapidly in my chest.  Just the word began to frighten me.  That was definitely not part of the plan, but then again, Jiyong and I was never part of the plan.  I was only 23 years old.  Even though I had a stable career and an adoring boyfriend as of now, I wasn’t ready for love.  The idea of love seemed nice, at times, but actually experiencing it was a whole other story.  People in love were supposed to spend their lives together, people in love were supposed to get married and have beautiful babies together, people in love were supposed to be together forever.  I could barely think 2 days ahead of myself, and now thoughts of marriage and babies began ruining Jiyong and I’s perfect afternoon together.  Love?  No, this wasn’t love.  This couldn’t be.


After a genius idea popped into my mind, Jiyong and I decided to free-load off samples at the near-by food huts by the street.  Our challenge was simple: see who can get the most free food before 10 minutes was up.  Being especially competitive myself, I had to win no matter what.  Jiyong and I exchanged playful smirks before we headed off in separate directions.  First stop: a small waffle hut.  I sent the owner of the hut a small smile and the next thing I knew I had a free waffle in my hands.  One point for me.  Jiyong popped his head out of the tent he was at and I proudly showed off the waffle in my hands.  A frown appeared on his beautiful face.  Sore loser. 


After many waffles, rice cakes, stews, kimbap, and fishcake sticks later, I was absolutely sure that I had won this challenge.  But the minute I laid eyes on Jiyong, I knew I had lost.  He carried in his hands packages of food.  Literally, packages of food.  A proud smirk graced his lips as I shoved him hard in the chest.  Jiyong explained to me that one of the ahjumma owners noticed who he was but instead of blurting out his identity, she instead gave him food from her cart and told him to tell everyone that her hut had the tastiest and cheapest food around.  The words liar and cheater left my mouth as I playfully smacked him in the arm.


Our smiles were contagious and we were both catching each other’s infectious diseases.  Jiyong’s laughter filled my heart and ears with such joy, and at that minute I had a realization.  My life with Jiyong would consist of the small memorable moments like this.  I realized what my new purpose in our relationship was.  Jiyong would be the inspiration behind every design, art piece, and drabble of writing I would do.  I would be his biggest fan and cheerleading in life.  I would constantly support him and his goals and make sure he never stops pushing for more greatness.  But we’d be a team; he’d make sure he’d do the same with me.  We’d help one another to be the best possible versions of ourselves.  I’d make sure that we never stop chasing one another, but I would have to remember that we were two different people before we came together.  So I would make sure Jiyong made time for his friends as well as time for his family.  I’d make sure he’d attend as many family dinners and friend gatherings as possible, whether it be without me or with me.  I’d never let him forget the man he was before he met me; because that was the man I ultimately fell for.  But I would also remind Jiyong that I too had my own life and my own goals, and I would apologize in advance for not making him the highest priority.  But I’d always promise to tell him how much I appreciated his constant patience and support, I would drive to his home in the middle of the night and deliver him those egg rolls he loves so much, I’d randomly text him throughout the day reminding him that he was amazing in every way possible.  It was now my duty to make sure Jiyong laughed more than I laughed and smile more than I smiled.  I would cuddle the out of him and kiss his face while reminding him how I hate his perfect face so much because it drives me crazy.  I would listen to Jiyong’s fears and try my hardest to protect him from them.  My new purpose to Jiyong was to love every version of him, every single inch of him, and ultimately everything about him.


Because as much as I hated to attempt it, I was already over the moon with him.


“Favorite non-Korean food?”

“Hmm.  I love American pizza.  Especially Papa Johns!  Oh my God, I just got the worst craving now.  I blame you!”

“Sorry.  I will buy you all the Papa John pizza you want when we go to the States one day.”


Jiyong and I walked side by side as we made our way along a narrow path near the Han River.  The Seoul sun had finally settled over the horizon and the night sky greeted Jiyong and I while we were still on our date.  The cold air sent shivers down my spine, but with the help of Jiyong’s coat as well as his tempting body warmth that was felt through me, the cold was no longer felt.  Jiyong told me that he wanted to know more about me because it seemed that I was already Jiyong’s personal secret keeper.  At a slight disadvantage of knowing more about him, I obliged with a game of 20 questions.  With every step we took, our feet would always fall in unison with the other.  Our arms would constantly brush past each other’s fingertips, sending bolts of electricity throughout my body.  The smirks, the smiles, and the laughs that Jiyong displayed throughout the day together made me turn into a pile of mush.  The constant adoration of sweet compliments that left his tempting lips never stopped once throughout our day-long date.  If he wasn’t already complimenting how beautiful I was, he was either saying how lucky he was to have a girl like me.  My heart was so swollen from the words Jiyong spoke to me.  My heart was not going to be able to take all this idolization he was throwing at me.


“Okay, what is the best childhood memory you have?” Jiyong asked as we continued to walk along the long path towards his parked car.


A small sigh left my lips as I thought back to all the wonderful memories I had as a child.  To pinpoint one memory seemed like an impossible task, but for some reason, one memory stood out in my mind.  “When I was little I used to sit on the porch and read the books my parents bought me.  I remember my mom always used to give me home-made treats while I read outside.  I think that’s why I love cooking for people so much.  My mom always used to give her food away so freely, and I guess I always wanted to do that too.  Anyway, my dad used to sit on the chair next to me and he was constantly tinker with some electronic he had that day.  I don’t know.  It seems kind of boring when I think about it, but I just liked the feeling of being surrounded by my parents.  All I really remember was feeling content, I guess that’s why it stuck out in my mind so much.”

Jiyong nodded his head while a small smile graced his lip.  “Do you miss your parents?”

“All the time.”

“Can I meet them sometime?”


My feet halted and I watched as Jiyong turned around to meet my stare.  Jiyong only shrugged his shoulders and smiled down at me.


“I want to know the amazing parents who brought someone like you into this world.  I want to personally thank them,” he said with a smile.


Again, I felt the fluttering feeling in my stomach along with the pounding of my full heart heard loudly in my eardrums.  I don’t think I was ever going to get used to this.  But as much as its unfamiliarity scared me, I was ultimately so happy and appreciative of Jiyong for giving me my first experience with this feeling.


“Weirdo,” I said to him as I shoved him in the chest.  Jiyong smirked at me while he dug his hands into his pockets.  We began walking again and I felt Jiyong’s warm hand make its way into mine.  His fingers laced themselves with mine and I felt his grip tighten like he was telling me not to leave.  I couldn’t help the smile that was now on my face.  Sly bastard. 


“Why did your last relationship end?”

Jiyong swung our intertwined hands back and forth.  A small sigh left my lips before I responded to him.  “Because it got boring.  We grew tired of one another and our schedules were getting busier and busier.”

“Will you eventually get tired of me?”

“Probably not.  You entertain me too much.”


Jiyong lifted my hand towards his mouth and I felt his soft lips leave a small kiss on every one of my knuckles.  I could feel his smile against my skin.  My eyes wandered towards his face as I watched him leave his small kisses on my hand.  To be able to watch him display so much affection towards me made my knees want to buckle under his touch.


Keep your together, _______.


“Maybe its also because of my good looks.”


Obviously.


“Definitely not that.”


Jiyong raised his eyebrow and dropped my hand from his lips.  He leaned forward and I felt him exhale a hot breath of air on my face.  “Liar.”


I rolled my eyes at him and made my way ahead of him.  Jiyong attempted to link our hands again but I swatted him away.  I heard a small whine leave his lips before I felt him grab my wrist quickly to turn me around to face him.  My heart began to beat rapidly as his brown orbs stared down into mine.  Jiyong his lips and gently took my chin into his fingers.


Keep your together!


“Okay last question…will you let me kiss you tonight?”


, not kept together…goddamn it.


“Hmm, probably not.  Nice try though.”


Nice recovery, nice recovery.  Good thinking, act unaffected.


Jiyong pouted and let my chin go.  Though instead of his fingers holding me, he instead leaned his forehead against mine in an intimate way.  His hands s its way around my waist and I felt him fingers push my body to come closer to his.  Chest to chest, I titled my head so I could see him clearly.  Jiyong’s fingers brushed a couple of stray hairs away from face before tucking the rest behind my ear.


“I have something else to ask you,” Jiyong whispered to me as he tucked his fingers into my belt loop.  I felt his heart beat rapidly against my chest while he whispered those words to me.  I raised an eyebrow at him while he chuckled at my confused expression.  He pulled me closer to him and he leaned closer towards my face.  I reminded myself that we were in a public place and jumping him right now would be considerately inappropriate.  There might be children here, my God.  Jiyong’s delicate nose rubbed against mine softly and I felt him sigh at the point of our skin making contact.


“You’re so beautiful,” he whispered as his nose began sliding along the length of my own nose.  My hands wandered up his body until I placed them around his waist.  The heated glances exchanged between us was scandalous, if our eyes could talk, the parents around us would probably have to shun their children’s innocent ears.  Jiyong breathed into my skin once more before talking.  “Will you please do me the greatest honor of letting me be your boyfriend?


Heart.  Combusted.  In.  Chest.


“Please say yes and make me the happiest man alive,” Jiyong whispered against my skin.  His lips found its home in the crook of my neck.  The place he had claimed as his territory.  I felt him place another soft kiss there while he waited for my answer.  My breath was currently caught in my throat, my voice was somehow stolen by the evil sea witch Ursula herself.  My body remained frozen as Jiyong began his trail of kisses along my face.  His lips wandered around my features while I could only close my eyes.  Lips trailing along my nose, my chin, and my cheeks, Jiyong stopped suddenly at the corner of my mouth.  My eyes slowly opened and I saw him peering down at me.  Nothing in this lifetime could prepare me for the feelings that I was feeling right now.  The excitement, the passion, I felt for Jiyong right now was to the point of extreme.  A smile finally danced along my lips.


“Yes.”


His arms enveloped me as he lifted me high in the air.  A loud gasp escaped my lips as Jiyong spun me around in his arms.  My hands placed themselves on his shoulders while my legs wrapped around his body.  Jiyong looked up at me with bright eyes and I smiled widely back at him.  Jiyong lowered me to the ground slowly though making sure we never broke eye contact.  His hands cupped my face lovingly before he whispered against my lips.


“Baby?”


My heart jumped at his new name for me.  Of all words to make my pulse increase, it was that word.  His new name for me, in our private little world we had made our own.


“Can I kiss my girlfriend now?”


I smiled against his lips before he dove into our first kiss as an official couple.  My arms wrapped around his neck and began its assault on his hair.  Jiyong moaned into my mouth and I felt his hands support my back as he deepened our kiss.  Children in the park, evacuate immediately.


With our uneasy breaths hitting the other’s face, we finally parted our lips and rested our tired foreheads on one another.  Jiyong tucked more hair behind my ear before leaving a kiss on my forehead.  I couldn’t but help but giggle at his small gestures.  Again, his adoration towards me was so new and amazing that I never wanted it to stop.  I felt Jiyong’s hand leave my back while he lifted his hands to the collar of his shirt.  A confused expression graced my features while I watched him dig into his shirt.  A small scoff left my lips as I saw Jiyong smirk down at me.  Something shiny caught my attention immediately.  Around his neck he wore a simple silver chain, and entangled in the chain were two silver rings.  I tilted my head to the side and noticed the small engravings on the band.  Jiyong smiled at me and slowly un-did the chain so he could take the rings off.  He opened his palm and showed the rings to me.  I’ve seen these before.


“I was planning on asking you to be my girlfriend for a while, so I had these made,” Jiyong whispered as he grabbed my left hand.  “Read the engraving.”


Jiyong slipped the band on my ring finger and not long after he placed a kiss on it.  I brought my hand to my face and slowly turned my hand around to see how it looked on my finger.  Jiyong chuckled at me and I saw him place the other band on his ring finger.  My eyes went back to the ring and my eyes scanned the small letters that were in the band.


For my best friend


“Don’t worry, I know it says best friend but it’s a couple ring,” Jiyong said laughing.  “It looks good on your finger.”


My eyes couldn’t take its gaze off the ring that was now on my finger.  Not only was the inscription the perfect saying to describe me and Jiyong, but it was also the first piece of jewelry any man had every purchased for me.  I felt tears threatening to spill over any second now.  Not only was I officially Jiyong’s, but he confirmed it to the world by placing this display of our relationship on the most precious finger known to man.  My eyes slowly made its way towards Jiyong’s face.  He was lovingly admiring the ring on my finger.  His lips left small kisses along it while he intertwined our fingers.


“You know, my dad always used to tell me to look at girl’s hands,” Jiyong said while laughing.

“I know, it sounds weird.  But when I was 18 he finally told me why he kept telling me that.  He said that a girl’s hands are the most reliable telling to their heart.  If a girl has nice worn out hands, it means they have worked hard their entire life and that they were driven.  If a girl had small wrists, it means they were delicate and cautious of the world.  But my dad said that when you look at a girl’s hands you should be able to see yourself putting a ring on her finger. He told me the minute he met my mom he saw how beautiful her fingers were.  And after that, he knew that he had to buy her a ring to put on her finger to make her his.  And he said you should be able to see her holding your own child in her hands.”


Jiyong lifted my chin up to meet his gaze.  Breathing was beginning to become a difficulty for me as I heard those words leave his beautiful mouth.  Hearing Jiyong talk about babies, marriage, and our possible future together made my heart ache.  Ache not in a way that was associated with pain, but ache in a way that made me want him even more than I could ever want a human being.  The tears falling from my eyes went almost unnoticed by me, that was until Jiyong smiled and wiped them away with his fingers.  After blinking a couple of times, I realized that the man before me was not a dream I had imagined.  Here Jiyong was, standing in front of me, declaring his feelings towards me with such pretty words.  My body and my heart were aching for him.  I closed my eyes and bit down on my lip, more tears began to escape.  No words could express how I felt right now.  My voice was gone once again and I was left speechless and breathless in front of him.  Jiyong lifted my chin again and began wiping the tears from my eyes.  He smiled before leaning towards my face to leave a few kisses on my lips.  He pulled away from me and began his soft whispers towards me.


“You have beautiful hands,” Jiyong said while kissing my knuckles.  “That was the first thing I noticed about you up close.”

“But then I actually got to know you and I realized how beautiful your heart was.  Pretty face, pretty hands, and a beautiful heart to match,” Jiyong said laughing slightly.  “You seemed too good to be true.”

“Jiyong…”


Jiyong laughed against my skin before placing a soft kiss on my lips.  He stole my breath once again while his tongue glided onto mine with ease.  My fingers ran through his hair and I felt his soft hands linger under my shirt.  I reluctantly pulled back from our embrace and I heard a small chuckle escape his lips.  My eyes met his while my voice finally found itself.


“Thank you.”

Jiyong raised his eyebrow before responding, “For what?”

I smiled widely at him and I felt another tear fall on my cheek.  “For being my best friend.  For being my boyfriend.  For being there for me even when we physically weren’t together.  For never giving up on us for one minute.  Thank you for fighting for me.  For everything you’ve ever done for me that made me feel so loved and secure.  Just thank you for being you.”


Jiyong smiled at me and linked our hands again.


“Thank you for being my home away from home.  For taking care of me and making sure I sleep and eat well.  For treating me with such respect and always making me feel so special. I feel so lucky to have someone like you and I don’t know, I just want to thank you for making me feel so blessed.  You make me feel so crazy inside that I don’t even know how to describe it.  Just, thank you for making me feel this way.  I’m so thankful that you are the one that makes me feel this way, I wouldn’t want anyone else.”

Jiyong leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on my lips before speaking into them, “Baby, you never have to thank me.”  Jiyong kissed me again and my heart exploded at his nickname for me.  “And you’re not the lucky one.  It’s me.  It’s always been me.”


I will always remember this night for as long as I live.  If somewhere down the line, Jiyong and I end up parting, this memory will forever be the one I take around with me.  The way he looked into my eyes and spoke his confession, the way he kissed me after I said yes, the way he told the story about his father and how to look at a girl’s hands, and the way he placed our couple’s ring on my finger…everything about this night was something I ultimately thought happened in movies.  I never thought this would happen to me, hell, I never thought I’d find myself in a relationship with a man like Jiyong either.  Someone so perfect, so amazing, so precious like Jiyong was now officially mine.  Mine, mine, mine. 


I was ready.


I was so incredibly ready for my life with Jiyong.

 

 

 

 

 

A.N.


AHHH my feels for this chapter :D  This was one of my favorite ones to write so far!  Sorry the updates haven't been as frequent as before.  Its because there are only a couple more chapters to this story so I wanted to prolong the ending as much as possible haha.  I hope you all enjoyed this update and thank you for being patient and supportive!  I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this chapter :D  I don't know when I will have time to update next but with your encouraging words I know it will be sooner than expected, hopefully!  Well my lovely silent readers, commenters, and subscribers...have a nice day and happy reading!