Love.

High School Love Story?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The scurrying sounds of shoes against the asphalt ground and the loud dribbles of the ball could be hear in the basketball gym as they all chase for one ball, trying to grab it from the petite girl's grasp. 

It was fast, barely seen when the said girl dribbled around as she quickly make her way past the opponent smoothly before passing over to her sister when she saw the opportunity. She run towards the free spot and without no time at all, Hyoyeon turned to avoid her opponent's hand that tried to swat the ball before passing the ball back to Taeyeon.

She run forward with the ball and spotted Sooyoung, passing it to the latter. With her long legs, Sooyoung smoothly run towards the basket and score. The loud cheers erupted the whole gym at the number added on the screen, their school leading the game. 

Sooyoung grinned and searched for one person in the crowd, winking and blowing some air kisses - biting her lips as she sway her body playfully and put a hand on her heart when her gestures were replied by some small hearts Jessica made with her hands. 

Taeyeon, Hyoyeon and Sunny made a face at the gross interaction between the two while Yuri made some puking gestures before pulling her lovesick friend to focus back on the game. 

"Ugh, gross." Tiffany and Hyomin muttered at the same time, scrunching their faces playfully when they saw how uncharacteristically shy and mushy Jessica were.

Seohyun and Nicole giggled at the flushed on Jessica's face when she was caught. Yoona didn't say anything yet the small teasing smile on her face embarrassed Jessica even further. Jessica had always control her expression, her feelings and her interaction with Sooyoung in front of the others so her little slip was unexpected to say the least.

The game continued when the referee blew his whistles and the sound of shoes against the ground could be heard again, along with the sound of ball hitting the ground. The opponent's team shouldn't be taken lightly when they also sprint fast towards the end to score for their school while dribbling the ball.

And they scored. The screen showed the same number of points between the two school. The girls went to drink and listened to their coach, nodding to whatever their coach is saying. He nodded to Taeyeon and complimented her - as usual for her agility before complimenting the others and encouraged them to do their best.

The coach's words of compliment did powered up her will to do just as much, or even much better to win the trophy for their school but when her eyes wandered around and met those pair of smiling eyes in the crowd, Taeyeon thought that Tiffany's eyes complimented her much better.

"Fighting." Tiffany mouthed and cheered with her fist up, showing the fighting gesture along with that cute pair of eye-smiles. 

Well, that didn't just bring her fire and spirits to win, but awakened the flutters inside her heart as well. Love, she grinned as she looked at her - feeling more energized.

Taeyeon might be flying, adding the number on the screen for their school by the amount of butterflies in her stomach at this point.

Well, maybe she did really fly because she went straight to the end to score the moment she had the ball in her hands - running and fly high in the air when she jumped before she scored. Short she is, but love make her fly. (Cheesy as hell, ugh)

The game continued and it was fast when the ball was swatted away from the opponent's hand by Taeyeon and it flew into Yuri's hand. The two friends quickly shared a knowing grin before Yuri sprint towards the end.

A certain girl followed every movement made by Yuri, how fast and smooth the tan girl go past the messy defends from the opponent, hands gripping the iPod Yuri gave her - silently encouraging the older girl.

Yuri speed even more faster than the ticking time on the screen, determined to score another point as the time lessened even more before the final whistle but a harsh push on her body caused her to lost her grip on the ball and feel herself collided against the floor from the high jump, shoulders landed first.

Yoona's eyes widened at the loud thud and the sounds Yuri makes when she landed first on the ground, sliding a few distance away. Seohyun gasped loudly beside her, a worried frown on her face at the sight of her sister writhing on the floor.

The others were very surprised and worried as well.

It caused a chaos among the audience and the players as Sunny and Hyoyeon went from checking on Yuri to voiced their argument to the referee when it was too obvious that the opponent pulled a dirty trick in the game on Yuri. The coach had to step up as well, voicing out his own opinion too.

It was settled a moment later that their school deserved one shoot before the final whistles was blown. 

"Go midget! Make my fall worth it!" A shrieking voice echoed as Hyoyeon was picked to shoot the ball. 

Hyoyeon stared at the retreating figure on the stretcher as she was pushed away from the court, "Go away, black bean. Go eat your medicine." she shooed.

Yuri then was brought to the nursery immediately after had received some aid from the medical staff and Seohyun immediately leaped up from her seat, grabbing Yoona's hand - snapping the latter out from her worry - and make their run to the nursery after excusing themselves to the others.

They were greeted by a smile when the older girl realized their presence the moment they opened the door. "Hiya, my favourite girls." she waved her free hand that's not holding a glass of water and flinched when she realized she had moved her injured shoulder.

"Ish." Seohyun frowned as she pulled Yoona inside, closing the door before she approached her sister and held the glass for her. "Can you be careful unnie." it was a demand than a question as she let Yuri sip the water before putting the glass away.

"I'm fine, Seohyun-ah. It just a small bruise." Yuri patted her sister's cheek, assuring her. 

"By the way you flew onto the ground, no, I won't believe you." Seohyun frowned, "Stay put." she ordered before making her way to the small closet in the room, leaving them both as she searched something inside.

Yuri chuckled, "Where would I go?" she shook her head before turning her head. Yuri's smile turned wide when she saw Yoona standing beside her idly, watching her. "Hi, Yoong." she reached out her hand and the younger girl timidly wrapped her pinky around Yuri's. 

"Are you okay?" Yoona asked, concerned and worried was plastered on her face as she glanced at the bandaged shoulder. She changed the grip she had on Yuri's hand into a full hand holding, trying to soothe her somehow.

"Yeah, it's nothing. I'm alright." Yuri assured, nodding. She then noticed something in Yoona's free hand and the way its earphones dangling around her neck. "You're adorable. Were you listening to it when you watch the game?" she grinned. "Was I cool when playing?" she asked, trying to distract the younger girl from worrying.

Yoona smiled and nodded. "You were very cool." 

"Much cooler than Taeyeon?" Yuri teased - knowing that Yoona had somehow grew much fonder towards Taeyeon and chuckled when Yoona wondered for a while, hesitating. "You hesitated, Yoong." she pouted playfully.

"Taeyeon unnie was fast and very agile." she answered. "I really like her way of sneaking around and how smooth she was when she past the players. She was so cool." she nodded to herself, admitting.

"Yah." Yuri sulked, frowning.

"But you're my favourite player so you're much cooler." Yoona grinned innocently, looking so cute trying to sound bold but the flush on her face betrayed her - but it was brave nonetheless since she rarely ever do that to anyone else.

Yuri stifled a chuckle when she heard a distant giggle from another person in the room and finally letting a laugh when Yoona's eyes widened, her face flushed even more upon realizing Seohyun's presence.

"You're lucky it's not Sooyoung or Hyoyeon, you cutie." Yuri chuckled, happy at the cute attempt. "Why are you so cute." she shook her head fondly when the embarrassed look was replaced by a cute grin as she tried to mask it.

The youngest returned, holding a small bowl in her hand and a towel on another. She grinned as she put the bowl on the desk and sat on the free space on the bed. "Yeah, you're lucky it's me." she giggled some more as she dipped the towel into the bowl, squeezing it dry before moving closer to Yuri.

Yoona smiled sheepishly and watched silently when Seohyun started to wipe Yuri's body clean from the sweat. She fiddled with the iPod in her free hand as she watched, not knowing what to do. She wanted to do something for Yuri but she didn't know what since Seohyun took over the task from her.

So she held Yuri's hand tighter and smiled, liking the attention Yuri had on her when they stared at each other like there's no one else in the room. 

Love, Seohyun shook her head when she saw what's happening. But she don't mind at all as she suddenly reminded of a certain someone. Love did that, she smiled.

Seohyun stopped for a second and glanced at her friend, "Unnie, you do it." she somehow had to interrupt and gestured to the towel and smiled at her. "Since she's your favourite player and your favourite person." she grinned innocently but the mischievous glint in her eyes was too obvious.

Yoona's face reddened. "Hyun-ah!" her flustered respond caused them to laugh at the red face and the comeback of embarrassed look on the girl face again. 

"Yuri-ahhhhhhhhhhh~" they were interrupted by a loud annoying voice behind the door. 

"Whoops, here comes the dorks." Seohyun put the towel in the bowl and brought the bowl to the embarrassed girl - winking before she went to greet the others, opening the door for them. "Wait, you unnies step away. Unnies, Nicole." she nodded towards Jessica, Tiffany, Hyomin and Nicole - gesturing them to enter first. "You guys stay outside." she ordered at the rest.

"What? Hey!" Sooyoung protested and held the door opened when Seohyun was about to close the door.

Seohyun giggled and let them in, smiling in amusement when literally every one of them calling her rude and sulked when they past her. Shaking her head in fondness, she closed the door.

"Ooooooh." They awed in unison at the sight of Yoona wiping Yuri's body clean with the towel, grinning teasingly - laughing when Yoona literally shushing them with the obvious expression of embarrassment on her face.


~~~


Slipping into her basketball hoodie as fast as she can, she leaped over the bench and close the locker quietly - checking around for her friends and grinned when they all are still in the shower before sneaking out of the room.

Jogging lightly, she slowed down as she looked around and immediately swiped her pass onto the door and smoothly let herself inside. She exhaled and grinned as she climbed the stairs to the rooftop, humming happily.

She had purposely took the shortest shower she ever had in her life, sneaking out without telling her friends just to have a few minutes of freedom of her own at the rooftop. It's her escape to treat herself such pleasure away from her friend.

She climbed to sit on the railing, shoes tucked inside the lower rail to secure herself should she fall and gripped the railing with her hands as she enjoyed the wind that's slapping her face ever so gently.

Could anything else is better than this?

The thoughts was answered when the door of the rooftop was opened and entered the girl she's been waiting for. Her freedom, their freedom, even for a few minutes - their secret meet ups, is indeed better than anything else.

The girl grinned and wrapped her arms gently around the short haired girl, securing her even more from falling. "Get down, please. It's dangerous." she reminded but the grin on her face hasn't flattered even a bit when the latter wrapped her arms around her shoulder. 

"My kiss first." The short haired girl pouted her lips, grinning when her wish is granted.

"There you go." she smiled. "Can you get down now? You could fall." her grip tightened around her back as she glanced over, shuddering at the high distance from their position to the ground.

They could have broken a few bones, at least, should they fall.

"I already fall. For you." she grinned cheekily yet relented when her body was pulled to the ground gently. She chuckled when her girlfriend made a face at her lame yet cheesy line. "Did I do good earlier? I haven't got the chance to score but I did good right?" she pecked her girlfriend's lips a few times.

"Mmhm, you did very well. You were fast and good at defence. I'm proud of you." Hyomin cupped her cheeks and give her a proper kiss, long and sweet. "There, a reward kiss." she smiled and pinched her cheeks.

Sunny grinned happily and took Hyomin's hand, leading them to sit facing the view - legs dangling in the air as they rested their arms on the lower rails. "We can't be long though. What excuse you gave them?" she asked, leaning her forehead against the upper rail.

Hyomin mirrored her actions before answering. "That Miss Soojin asked me to meet her." she took out two chocolate bars out from her pocket and handed one to Sunny. "Here, your favourite." she grinned.

Sunny chuckled. "Thanks." she thanked her with a kiss on the cheek, swinging her legs playfully. "I think you should create a new excuse, Hyomin-ah. You've been using that excuse, like, eeeeeeeeverytime." she dragged her last word in a weird voice. 

"Ah, why? That's a reasonable excuse that I could think of." Hyomin pouted, fiddling with the chocolate wrapper with her fingers. "I always help Miss Soojin so it shouldn't be a problem, right?" she tore the wrapper before taking a bite.

"Yeah, that's true. But don't you think it's a little bit suspicious? Because," Sunny paused. "Um, Miss Soojin.. Might be related.. To us, somehow..?" she grinned in guilt, raising her shoulders - trying to gauge her girlfriend's reaction.

"Huh? You guys are related?" Hyomin stumped, shocked.

"Yeah. She's Sooyoung's sister." Sunny revealed, "We kept this as a secret from everyone because we all had some terrible experience in the past when they know about our families so yeah.. But you guys are sincere and very important to us, so we will tell you guys this eventually. It just, didn't cross our mind and we forgot." she explained as she bit her chocolate bar.

Hyomin chuckled, "You guys are just full of surprises." she reached out and wiped her girlfriend's mouth. "It's fine, because there's a lot for us all to learn about each other. We have time, you would learn a few of new things about us, too." she shrugged. 

"What would you like me to learn about you, then?" Sunny smiled playfully, looking at her in adoration.

She wandered, chewing on her treat. "Hmm, I'm not sure. Nothing comes in mind right now." she looked at her with a smile. "I'm sure you will learn along the way. Just like how I would learn about you." she tapped Sunny's nose with her finger.

"Well, in that case, want to know another secret?" Sunny grinned at the raised eyebrows. "Well, it's about the school principal," she started but was interrupted by a gasp.

"Don't tell me... He's related as well?" Hyomin's eyes widened.

Sunny chuckled, "Yeah, let me tell ya, he's Yuri's brother. But he's just our principal, here. Nothing more." she shrugged. "Living here is fun, compared to Japan. They knew everything about us and it just," she shuddered. 

Hyomin smiled, "I understand. It , huh." she wandered to herself. "No wonder you guys were very careful in making friends. So that explained it because I remember you said that you guys didn't like attention but," she giggled, shaking her head.

"At least the attention is not about our status, our family. We're just irresistible, that's why." she quipped in, playfully flipping her non-existent long hair - causing her girlfriend to shake her head in fondness as she giggled. "But yeah, we're grateful that we met you guys. You guys were so sincere, kind and nice without any agenda from befriending us. You guys are wonderful, inside and out. How can we not fall with you guys." Sunny chuckled, eyes softening. 

"You know, it's totally relatable. We prefer being secretive about our status and family as well, as I already told you before. That's our only way not to get hurt." she exhaled. "I can say the same, for us. Well, yeah, it took a while for us to open up but," Hyomin shrugged, "Here we are, with you guys." she smiled, putting a hand on Sunny's cheek - patting it.

Sunny smiled, "Now you know. So, try to think of a new excuse yeah?" she teased. "We're doomed should they somehow connect the dots or something. But I don't really mind, though. It's you, who decide to wait." she tapped Hyomin's nose playfully.

"Wait a little longer, my cutie. I want to enjoy the less teasing, for now. And it's fun, doing this secret escapades with you." she pecked her lips, the smile on her face still didn't flatter even a bit. "And didn't we agreed to tell them when all of them are official?"

"Babe, that's gonna take, like, I don't know, months, years?" she rolled her eyes. "Those , such a slowpoke. I mean, it's obvious! We've been dating almost a month, Hyomin-ah. Why are they so slow." she cried. "Poor those girls." she faked a sob.

Hyomin laughed, finishing her bar and pulling her legs out carefully. "Because they are taking slow, babe." she shook her head when Sunny flailed her arms, yelling 'exactly' in her irritated voice, finding the gestures cute. "They are being careful, baby. You," she nodded to her, "On the other hand, are just too impatient, maybe?" she grinned cheekily.

"What? Yah!" Sunny started pulling her legs, "Park Hyomin!" she chased the running

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter