What are friends for.

High School Love Story?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In the basketball gym, you could hear the scurrying of running shoes making quick turns and pivots against the asphalt ground.

The tanned-girl dribble the ball while keeping her eyes on the hoop as she try to avoid other players from stealing the ball from her. The tallest among the players tried to reach for the ball but failed when the tanned-girl used a trick to escaped. Smirking, she make her way to the hoop - whirling when she saw her opponent shielding her way before swiftly throw the ball in the hoop.

A long whistled echoing the gym, "Well done you guys! You can take a rest!" the coach instructed. They make their way lazily to the side and slump their body on the ground, panting for an air.

"Hey captain!" Sooyoung throw a mineral bottle at Yuri before drinking her own. She slumped her body on the ground, beside Hyoyeon who are laying on the ground - gasping for an air.

Yuri catched the bottle in ease, smiling. "Thanks Soo." she opened the cap and take a sip before she give it to Sunny. 

A shout from one of their teammates make them turned their heads, "We're going to take a shower! See you guys in the next practice then!"

"Sure Minho! See you guys later then!" Yuri smiled, making the boy called Minho blushed when he saw her charming smile. He quickly leave with others to their private shower room - only for basketball players.

Taeyeon wiped her sweat with a towel, "Dang you captain. You won't even let us play! It was just a practice for my dookong's sake!" she complained.

It's not that they didn't able to steal that ball from Yuri, but that kid always has a trick to fool other players. That's why others agreed and support the idea to let her become a captain. That kid seriously has many strategies, tricks and not to mention, her pranks ideas even when playing.

Yuri chuckled, "Sorry." she throw the towel she used to wipe her sweaty neck on Taeyeon's face.

Taeyeon quickly throw it away, "Yuck! Gross!" she make a gross face.

Yuri laughed as she ruffles Taeyeon's hair, "To make you feel better, your hair look more cool than Choi Sooyoung." Sooyoung looked up from messing her hair with the towel to look at Taeyeon, raising her eyebrow.

Sooyoung shrugged, "Well, yeah. But I'm hotter than you. You are still short." Sooyoung laughed. Well, Taeyeon's short hair really make her look hot than cute when she's sweaty. Well for Sooyoung, her messy hair always make her look hot.

Taeyeon raised her fist at Sooyoung.

Yuri chuckled, "You don't lose your cuteness no matter how hot you are Kim Taeyeon."

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, "Whatever." she stand up from the ground. "Want some another round? I'm still not satisfied for today's practice." she asked the girls.

Hyoyeon waved her hand lazily, "Pass. I'm dead tired." her voice muffled in the towel on her face.

Taeyeon chuckled at her twin, "I can't believe you're the one who had the most stamina among us. So much of being a dancing queen." Hyoyeon pull the towel, only revealing her eyes to glare at her twin. Taeyeon laughed before grabbed the ball on the ground, dribbling it along her way to the court. She looked at the others, "Pass or another round?" she asked, dribble the ball calmly.

Sooyoung shrugged, "I'll join." she stand up and drink a water till the bottle empty before throw it on the ground beside her bag. She joined Taeyeon on the court.

Sunny stand up as well, "Can we make a bet? At least I have more spirit to win." she grinned.

"Tch! It's always about prizes huh?" Taeyeon scoffed.

"Well, you guys know me well." Sunny grinned. "And you Kwon Yul, just relax. Don't bother to play." she narrowed her eyes at the stretching Yuri.

The stretching girl turned her head, "Why? I want to play. I want a prize too." she teased.

Sunny glared at her, "No. Just do whatever you want, don't bother to play." the others laughed.

They know whenever Yuri get the ball, she won't give a chance and that's mean a lose for them. Although Yuri maybe not good enough in snatching ball, but once she get the ball, no one able to snatch it away from her.

Yuri snickered, "Arasso omma." she then stuck her tongue out before continue her stretching, ignoring Sunny's glare at her.

Sunny then make her way to Taeyeon and Sooyoung, "How about we bet something fun? No prizes, no money involve, NO FOOD treating for a month or whatever." Taeyeon glanced on Sooyoung as she emphasize the last few words.

Sooyoung pouted, "N'aww, now what's the fun when there's no food? I was about to bet that if I win."

Taeyeon chuckled, "That's why I don't want that kind of bet."

Sooyoung smirked, "Ahh, so you kinda expected that you would lose? Huh?"

Taeyeon rolled her eyes, "Oh please. If you're lucky enough to win."

"Yah! Was that an insult?" Sooyoung knocked her head with her knuckles.

"Depends." Taeyeon shrugged before she knocked Sooyoung's head as a revenge. "I'm still the older here."

Sooyoung pouted, "Sorry." she mumbled while rubbing her head.

Sunny laughed, "Okay okay. Let's not fight about this you cocky girls. How about we just agree on Taeyeonie's idea? More fun, I guess."

Taeyeon folded her arms proudly as she nodded her head. Sooyoung found that was adorable and patted her head teasingly, "Okay, I will agree on this cute puppy's idea." she laughed when Taeyeon slapped her hand away.

"Do not tease me! And I am not a 'cute puppy'!" Taeyeon exclaimed.

"Sure sure. What kind of bet SoonKyu?" Sooyoung teased Sunny.

Sunny smacked her head, glaring at her before cleared . "A dare? It would be fun."

"How about this? The loser have to drink Yuri's ma with her every morning and do all housework for a week. How's that?" Sooyoung suggest while rubbing her head.

Sunny and Taeyeon make a disgust face, "Housework is fine but drink Yuri's ma? Eww~! I don't think so I can." Sunny grimaced.

Sooyoung shrugged, "That's why it called dare sis. Everyone doesn't like that..that..that green drink."

Taeyeon agreed by nodding her head, "Except for Kwon Yuri and her sister."

Sooyoung and Sunny laughed, "Well, they are sisters. Healthy sisters." Sunny glanced at Yuri who seems oblivious that they are talking about her.

"Then deal?" Taeyeon asked as she dribble the ball calmly while looking at Sooyoung and Sunny.

"I will make sure I won't lose this time. Anything to avoid that green thing." Sunny quickly dashed forward, trying to steal the ball.

"Woah!" Taeyeon luckily had a fast reaction and quickly avoid Sunny from stealing the ball by dribbling the ball to her side. Sensing Sunny didn't give up, she run to the middle of the court while dribbling the ball along.

Sunny and Sooyoung quickly run to steal the ball. It's one versus one versus one, basically they have to survive on their own. Seems they are really serious about this bet because none of them already score a point. The ball keep changing hands as they continue to steal the ball.

Yuri sat on the ground beside the looking-dead Hyoyeon while opening the cap of the bottle before drink it. She put the bottle in her sport bag before drifted her eyes to the trios who keep snatching the ball from each other.

They always make a bet whenever they play something, it was fun and challenging. Plus, they can took the opportunity to make their body healthy and upgrade their skills while playing.

"I wonder what is their bet." Yuri brought her knees up and leaned her back while supporting her body from falling by putting her both palm on the ground. She look at Hyoyeon, "Hey Hyo, do you know what's their bet?" she chuckled when she received nothing from the latter.

"One score for a person. The last one lose." Sooyoung smirked as she dribbled the ball towards the hoop. She jumped and throw the ball lightly, hoping the ball enter the hoop. The ball bounce on the ring, purposely teasing Sooyoung. "Wha..?" she weared a disbelief expression when the ball didn't enter the hoop and bounce just beside her. Taeyeon laughed out loud before dashed forward to grab the ball along with Sunny.

She could easily grab the ball but she was spacing out for a second. Before she could reach her hand to grab the ball, Sunny quickly snatch it from her.

Yuri laughed at the side, "Yah shikshin! Snap out of it!" her eyes widened in fear at the thought of drinking Yuri's ma for a week.

She quickly run towards Sunny who wants to throw the ball in the hoop, with adorable kid trying to block the ball from going inside the hoop despites her height. Since Sooyoung was way too taller than them, she caught it easily.

Without waiting a second, she swirled herself and jumped to make a perfect slam dump to make the ball completely enter the hoop without teasing her. "Oh yeah!" she laughed out loud at her victory like a mad person.

Taeyeon throw the ball lightly at her body, "Yah! Just get outta here." 

Sooyoung stuck her tongue at both Sunny and Taeyeon, "I win~! Good luck danshins." she mocked at them before dashing to Yuri happily.

She slumped her body beside Yuri, "Yah, what is the bet?" Yuri asked her. She drink her water before grinning widely, looking at Yuri. "Yah, wipe that grin on your face. What's the bet?" Yuri repeated her question.

Before she could answer Yuri's question, a loud scream from the court along with ball bounces make they snapped their head to look at them.

They can see two shorties are trying their best to win. Whirling, teasing and tricks each other to grab the ball from each other. Unfortunate for Sunny, she was late for a bit.

Taeyeon laughed out loud, "Too bad SunKyu. I can't help you~ A bet is still a bet Sunny-ah~!" she high-five Sooyoung who was laughing as well. Sunny pouted as she settled herself beside Yuri dejectedly.

Yuri slumped her arm around Sunny's shoulder, comforting her cute friend. "Say, what's the bet?" she nudged Sunny's shoulder lightly.

Sunny look at her sheepishly, "The loser have to, err, drink your ma every morning for a week."

Yuri keep quiet for a while before grinning, "Well, it's not that bad." Taeyeon and Sooyoung laughed more while Sunny frowned, scrunching her nose in disgust.

"And I have to do all the cleaning stuff for a week too!" she puffed her cheeks and fold her arms.

Taeyeon lay her body with both hands spread on the ground and sigh in relief, "Phew! I was save by Sunny from losing the bet. Or am I too skillful for you to deal?" Taeyeon laughed before turning to the glaring girl, "Thank you SunKyu."

Sunny throw her towel at Taeyeon who was snickering, "You just lucky this time! I was a little bit late. Or else I'm the one who will score it." Sunny rolled her eyes.

Yuri chuckled, "Blame on your short legs and shorts arms."

Sunny slapped her shoulder, "You're supposed to be on my side. Not joining them."

Taeyeon packed her stuffs in her sport bag before she stand up, "I want to take a shower. You guys don't take so long. We have class after this." she shoulder her bag.

Sunny and Sooyoung stand up as well, "Let's go together then. I want to eat after taking a shower before our class start." Sooyoung poured the water from the bottle on her face and hair. She splash some on the looking-dead Hyoyeon.

Yuri smacked her head, "This is not a field for your information. Others might slip idios." Yuri throw her towel on the ground and wipe it with her feet.

Sooyoung grinned, "Sorry."

Hyoyeon throw her empty bottle on Sooyoung's head, "Thank you for waking me up nicely." she said sarcastically as she stand up as well and wiped her wet face.

Yuri laughed, "Let's go then." she shouldered her bag.

 

~~~

 

The girls are still in their locker room, looking all fresh after a shower. Being in the basketball team in this elite school are quite advantage, many students want to be part of basketball school team.

Among other sports in that school such as volleyball, tennis, soccer and football, surprisingly basketball is the most sport who gain a lot of attention.

Basketball players sure has a lot of advantages for being in basketball team other than their own skills when playing. Not to mention, basketball players are quite charm and cool.

They even had a special exclusive spots in the cafe. Not enough with that, they even had their own fan-club and tons of fan-girls. No one can enter their locker room because only the basketball players had the access to open the glass door. Well, to be truth, these five girls' own a different locker room than others because they are the only girls in the team.

Sadly, none of those things make these five girls impressed. They didn't even join the basketball team but was took in by the principal. He simply knew that the girls able to bring the school's name in basketball. To cover it, he simply said that he have seen the girls play basketball many times in the school during P.E.

Such a good principle he is. Honestly, his statement made Yuri rolled her eyes at her brother attempt of cover. He obviously know that five of them really disliked a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter