Na Honja (Alone)

We Are Meant To Be!

A crowd was forming around a table in the cafeteria when the Teen Top boys entered. Ricky, out of curiosity, stood up on a table and tried to look at the center. "I can't see!" Ricky shouted as he tiptoes up to see what or who is at the center. "Oh get down here Yoo Changhyun and let me do it." Chunji pulled Ricky down and replaced him on the table. It was easy for him because of his height. "Oh! It's Hyosun and the other Queenkas!" Chunji exclaimed as he look at the girls smiling endlessly at the crowd. “What are they doing anyway? Hmm...” L.joe murmured and started to make his way to the girls. It took some time for them to get through after some shoving away.

“What’s going on here?” L.joe crossed his arms on his chest and looked at Hyosun. “The unnies think we should get a personal assistant.” Hyosun answered and smiled at her friends except for her ex-fiancé/boyfriend. “P. A? What do you need that for?” Niel asked, looking at the girls with curiosity. “Oh, just a few stuff.” Yuri shrugged. “Like?” Chunji raised his eyebrows. “Like helping us shop, getting what we need, reminding us of what we need or should do. Duh.” Hyuna rolled her eyes and went back to entertaining the applicants. “The school just let you do it?” CAP asked, brows furrowing. “Yes.” Sulli answered while writing something down at something that looks like a list. “Why is it that you get away with everything smoothly while I always get in trouble? It’s like you have nine lives.” L.joe pouted and acted cutely at Hyosun. “Are you in a mafia or something...?” Ricky suddenly asked, earning an “oh-no-you-didn’t-just-say-that“look from the others. “Yep. I’m the Goddaughter.” Hyosun flipped her hair and they all laughed. “By the way Hyosun... can we talk?” L.joe said, trying to avoid eye contact with Hyosun. “Well you’re talking now...” Hyosun answered flatly. “I mean in private...” L.joe slightly blushed at the thought of being in private with his love again. “No. I’m busy.” Hyosun answered coldly, distracting herself with some applications from other students as their Personal Assistant. “Dammit, Kim Hyosun! Just come with me!” L.joe finally snapped, gripped Hyosun’s wrist and dragged her out of the cafeteria and into a deserted room.

“Now you have me. What do you want?” Hyosun walked around till she found a seat far enough from L.joe. “Hyosun, I’m really sorry about what happened to us. I didn’t...“ L.joe started but was cut off by Hyosun. “The damage is done. There’s no turning back. I’ve been hurt and I don’t wanna be hurt again. So if you don’t have anything else to say, I’m leaving first.” Hyosun made everything clear, stood up and started for the door but L.joe, being L.joe, grabbed her, pulled her into him and kissed her lips hardly. Hyosun pushed him off her and slapped L.joe hard enough to leave a mark on his cheek.

L.joe was on the verge of crying but he got hold of himself and went back to the cafeteria. He just didn’t know what happened to Hyosun, how she became like that. *Are you crazy? You don’t know? It’s because of you, jerk.* his conscience appeared out of nowhere in his mind. After hearing those words, he just kept on looking down at the floor while walking. He doesn’t even care if he bumped into someone or something. He reached the Queenkas’ table and sat on a vacant seat. “I’m gonna go home. I’m not feeling well...” he heard Hyosun say. L.joe looked at her, and there he met her gaze and felt the pain Hyosun was feeling since the day she found out about his monkey business. L.joe sighed, earning the attention of the others. “Let me guess, she slapped you...” Jiyeon smiled at L.joe but she suddenly frowned. “...because you’re such a jerk.” She continued. Hyuna pinched Jiyeon lightly, a gesture that means she wants the other girl to stop talking. “You know L.joe... you can’t blame Hyosun for becoming like that.” Yuri forced a smile, but he can hear the sympathy in her voice. “I know noona. I just...” L.joe said but wasn’t able to finish his sentence. “Just give her time.” Sulli, being the youngest and most innocent, knowingly said.

Hyosun walked slowly as she makes her way back to her house. She lives alone again because Roy has been busy since he won Superstar K4 and Mingyu lives at Seventeen’s dorm now. She admits it too, that it’s hard to live alone. That’s why she invites her friends over as often as possible for their schedule. With that thought, an idea came to her but she has some trouble accepting it. Since most of her friends are idols, why not become one? But she also thought about the restless days that will come to her once she’s become an idol. By being friends with Yuri, Jiyeon, Hyuna, Sulli, Chorong and Teen Top, excluding her flirty and unfaithful (as she calls him) ex-fiancé, she can feel their stress as they often sleep at class when they have the chance to. A memory came to her at that thought...

Hyosun looks at her fiancé as the teacher discusses a lesson about something related to Romeo and Juliet and William Shakespeare. L.joe was slumped on his desk as the teacher keeps on talking. She looked at him lovingly and smiled as she looked back to the blackboard just in time for the moment when the teacher threw his chalk on the sleeping L.joe. The sleeping boy woke up and looked at the direction of where the chalk came from with a glare but his eyes grew when he saw the teacher glaring at him too. “I’m so sorry, Sir! It’s just...” L.joe tried but was cut off. “Out, Mr. Lee!” the teacher yelled and L.joe ran outside of the classroom, leaving his classmates laughing, including Hyosun.

She smiled unknowingly but as she realized the obvious, she shook the thought off and continued walking. *I hate him. I don’t deserve him. I deserve better.* she thought as opens the gates of her house. *Tomorrow’s the last day of school... I think I should plan a getaway...* she sighed as she makes her way to her room as soon as she enters the house.

Hyosun sat in front on her computer and started surfing the internet for vacation airfare promos. *click* *click*. She sighed. “This is driving me crazy! Oh wait... this one’s good...” she clicked a promo and signed up for it without thinking twice. She’s not planning on telling it on her friends that next morning.