Not Real

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: Double update ^^ Unless you count the chapter that was uploaded at 1 AM, then it's a triple update~}

 

- - - - -

 

Luhan sighed as he carried you all the way back to his house. He was mentally prepping himself for the long talking-to he'd get from Kris. Luhan flinched, just imagining the volume of his voice. He looked down at you in his arms. *But then again...I guess I deserve it.*

Soon enough he came upon the gates to the mansion EXO-M all lived in.

Luhan shifted your weight onto one arm and one of his knees, unlocking the door and walking right into the main room. He knew the others would hear him, so he didn't bother to say anything.

"You were gone a long--" Chen froze, his eyes wide and on you. "What the hell?!"

"I'll explain in a minute," Luhan said impatiently. "I need to get her to a room." He dashed up the stairs, glad he was faster than the average human. He opened up a spare room and laid you down on the bed, yanking your shoes off and pulling the covers over you. *, she's freezing.* He softly touched your cheek and sighed. "I'm sorry."

"Would you like to explain this to me?" Kris growled as he leaned against the doorframe, glowering at Luhan.

Never mind the fact that Luhan was covered in dried blood. They were all too busy yelling at him.

Luhan pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "Not right now, Duizhang."

"I told you to explain this."

"Not right now!" Luhan said, raising his voice. He glanced back at you nervously, checking to see if you had woken up. When you didn't move, he felt relieved.

"Why is Haerin lying there?" Tao murmured as he came in. "And why is her pulse so weak?" His eyes snapped up to Luhan who was looking down with a guilty expression. He put two and two together. He ran up to Luhan and took him by his collar. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!" he snarled, teeth bared at his gege.

Luhan was actually a little scared. But only a little. He yanked Tao off of him. "Let me explain before you yell at me!"

Slowly, the rest of EXO-M filtered into the room, all with expressions of shock as they saw you lying on the bed, weak and broken-looking.

"Okay," said Kris in a deadly calm voice. He strode over to the bed and swept your hair back from your neck, ignoring the electricity he recieved. Then he moved on to your wrists. Kris's eyes darkened as he saw the two marks on your wrist. "You bit her."

Gasps and growls filled the air. Luhan bit his lip, already feeling guilty enough. "I did." More growls and glares. Luhan met eyes with Kris. "Allow me to explain then."

"Go ahead."

"I was going to the store, just like I said I would. But...this guy, he looked like he needed help. He was crouched over in the ally and he looked like he was in pain or something. So, I went to help him." Luhan bit his lip, ready for the next part. "Then, when I went over to touch him, I could smell his blood. It was so inviting. He stood up then, and I was too distracted by his blood. He took out a knife, and I pushed him. But he didn't go far since we were in an ally. He punched me back then shoved a knife in my stomach."

"How could his reflexes be faster than yours?" Kris asked, eyes narrowed.

Luhan looked him dead in the eyes. "He was a Hunter. That's why I couldn't heal...until I had blood. See, Haerin, she was just...walking by and she heard my calls for help. She went to help me, but I didn't know it was her. She willingly gave me her wrist so, I bit her. And I drank from her. But I think..." He sighed. "I think I took too much. She passed out, so I brought her here."

"Gege," Lay whispered. "How could you do that to her? Why couldn't you stop?"

"Outside," Kris ordered, taking Luhan's arm. "Now."

"Wait!" called Tao. "You didn't...you didn't let her drink from you, did you?"

Luhan shook his head. "Of course not. I'm not stupid." Then he let himself get dragged out.

"Poor mei mei," Xiumin muttered, brushing your hair away from your face. "I bet she was scared to death."

"What do we do?" Tao asked in a whisper, looking like he was about to cry. "She's lost so much blood."

"I don't think it was enough to put her in serious danger," Lay muttered, checking your pulse, somehow able to ignore the urges it should've brought up. "I think she'll be okay. She just needs some rest."

That made everyone let out a breath of relief.

"But we do have one problem," said Chen. "Now we have to tell her what we are. We have no choice but to."

"I just hope Duizhang doesn't kill Luhan," Xiumin said, shaking his head and moving away from your bed.

 

- - - - -

 

"Do you have any idea what could've happened?" Kris demanded. "You bit her, Luhan! That's not something you're supposed to take lightly!" Kris pushed Luhan against the wall. "I'm just thankful she didn't drink your blood, and that she didn't d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter