Of Greenhouses & Chocolate Chip Pancakes

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: TURN YOUR FACE AWAY FROM THE GARISH LIGHT OF DAY~ TURN YOUR THOUGHTS AWAY FROM COLD, UNFEELING LIGHT~ omg sorry, watching Phantom of the Opera ^^

DOUBLE UPDATE GUYS♥}

 

- - - - -

 

"This is your bathroom," Tao introduced, opening the door across from yours. "It has a lock and everything, so don't worry! We all have our own bathrooms, so you don't have to share with a whole bunch of guys or anything like that!" You smiled at how happy he was.

Tao grabbed your hand and pulled you down the hall, stopping at a blue door with a small sign on it that said, 'Tao' in Chinese characters. "This is my room," he told you, opening the door to reveal a surprisingly clean, large room. The walls were dark blue, his bed large and covered with a matching blue comforter. He smiled as he watched your reaction. "You can come here anytime you want!" Tao nodded happily until he realized that could've sounded wrong. "Er, I didn't mean it that way! I swear! I'm innocent!"

"I knew what you meant," you assured with a smile.

"Phew. Good. That room is Duizhang's." He pointed at the room across from his. "The one without a sign, like he said. The red door is Lay ge's, since you can't read Chinese. The gray one is Chen ge's, the green one is Xiumin ge's. And the light blue one is Luhan ge's." You nodded, signalling that you understood. It didn't matter anyway; you could read a lot of Chinese, but Tao didn't know that. Only Lay did.

"To the top floor!" Tao grabbed your hand again, opening a door to reveal a staircase. "Now, there are two staircases to the third floor. The main one that continues after the one that leads up to here, and this one. But this one is special because it's hidden."

You chuckled. "Am I allowed to use it?"

"Of course~" He continued to drag you up the stairs with him, opening a door at the top of the stairs that led to a small, dark room. "Whoops." Tao moves around a little bit until he flipped on the light, and you realized how close the two of you were. His chest was close to yours, so close that you could feel the heat from him. One of his arms was leaning over you, still on the lightswitch. He was too busy staring at you to move.

Tao gulped, eyes tracing over your features. *So pretty...*

"W-why are we in a closet?" you asked, breaking him from his trance.

He blinked. "Oh. Remember how I said it was secret?" You nodded. "Well, the entrance can't be obvious. So it lets out into here It's pretty much a storage room, but we don't put anything in here." He smiled softly at you, moving his arm and opening the door to go out. "See?"

You turned to see another room, this one brightly lit. There was one wall that was made of glass, like one giant window. The other walls were painted a nice cream color, giving the room a bright feeling. One one wall was a large flat-screen TV, a few game consoles on a shelf beside of it, one of them hooked up to the TV.

Across from that were beanbag chairs, some of them with the game remotes lying on them. In one corner was a pool table and darts, an old Pac Man machine resting not far from it. You looked around in awe.

Tao chuckled at your reaction. "As you guessed, this is our game room. We spend a lot of time up here." Tao sunk down onto a dark blue bean bag. "We have movie nights here, too. Every Friday. Usually we go for horror, or choose cheesy vampire movies since we like to make funny of them." Tao suddenly got up. "I thought ahead and got you a beanbag yesterday." He shot you a grin over his shoulder as he opened a door that led to a closet that they actually put stuff in, unlike the one the stairs led to.

"Ta-dah~" Tao sang, pulling it out and showing it to you. "Cute, right?"

"It looks like a chair," you laughed. "And it's pink."

"Yeah. I know your favorite color is yellow but..." He shrugged. "I couldn't find any yellow ones I liked. But this one is nice and comfy!"

You chuckled. "It's okay, Tao. I like it. Thank you. You didn't have to get me one."

"Of course I did! Unless you wanted to sit on my lap?" He grinned, raising an eyebrow at you.

"Don't turn into Jongdae oppa," you warned.

He chuckled. "Okay, okay. I was just kidding. Here, I'll set your chair right next to mine." Tao placed the pink beanbag chair next to his and smiled. "Tomorrow's Friday, so you'll get to watch a movie with us too! It's really fun, I promise."

"Thank you."

"No problem, Haerinnie." Tao beamed at you and grabbed your hand again. "I'll show you the greenhouse too!" He pulled you out of the game room and down the hall and up another small flight of stairs before coming across a wider door. "I have a feeling you'll like it here." He opened the door, revealing a land of green.

There were a few tables going through the middle of it, all with different plants on them. There were flowers and vegetable plants and trees and everything else.

"Who takes care of this place?" you asked in wonder.

"Believe it or not...Kris ge."

You looked at Tao in surprise to see if he was joking or not. But there was only sincerity in his voice and expression. Tao gently touched the petals of a hibiscus. "I think it's the whole idea of life. Because Kris ge doesn't think we're worthy of life."

"Why not?"

Tao looked at you and smiled half-heartedly. "You'll have to ask him that yourself. He'll tell you when the time's right I guess. But I'm sure he'd let you help around here, if you want."

You recoiled at the thought of asking Kris for anything. "N-no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter