Worry

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: Competitive cheer season started guys, so I won't be able to update as much ;~; I'm sorry~

BUT HERE'S A PRESENT GUYS♥

SHORTER CHAPTER, BUT YOU'LL LIKE IT! OR AT LEAST SOME OF YOU WILL!}

 

- - - - -

 

Kris sat close to you as he blew on your lasagna, just in case it was hot. He held the fork out to you. You blushed, well aware of the five hard stares the two of you were receiving. But you opened your mouth, accepting the food. Kris gave a small smile, using the same fork to take a bite of lasagna for himself. That did it.

"YAH!" yelled Tao as he stood up, slamming his hands down on the table.

Kris gave him a look. "Did you just yell 'yah' at me, Huang ZiTao?"

Tao didn't back down. "I did," he confirmed. He continued on in Mandarin. "What are you doing?! I thought you didn't like her! That was a freaking indirect kiss!"

Kris scoffed. "I used my teeth, genius. But why would it matter to you if I had an indirect kiss with her?" he challenged.

Lay stiffened, knowing you understood what they were saying. He looked at your blushing face and inhaled, closing his eyes at the scent of your blood. He shook his head, trying to distract himself with Kris and Tao's argument.

"B-because," stammered Tao.

"Because what?" Kris raised one brow.

"Aish!" Tao got up from the table and disappeared.

For a moment, there was a pause of silence. Chen broke it when he held out a bite of lasagna to you. "Eat, Rinnie. Don't mind them, okay?" He gave a charming smile. You took a bite off of the fork though, unaware of the little battle Chen and Kris were having over the top of your head.

Kris shot Chen a hard look. Chen replied by smirking and raising one eyebrow. Kris frowned deeply and glared. Chen gave a sarcastic smile and looked back at you, taking a bite of lasagna himself before giving you another bite.

"My Rinnie eats so well~" he cooed, pinching one of your cheeks.

You blushed. "D-don't."

Lay gulped and stood up. "I'm done," he said. "I'll be in my room."

You stared at him, confused. "What's wrong with YiXing ge?" you asked in a quiet, worried voice.

"Don't worry about him," Xiumin said with a small smile. "He's probably just tired."

"Oh." You frowned. "Gege..." You looked at Kris. "Oppa..." You looked at Chen. "I'm full." You got up and went to grab your plate, but Kris already got it. You smiled. "Thank you." He nodded and went to the kitchen as you turned to start going up the stairs.

"Where are you going Haerinnie?" Tao called.

"I'm going to check on YiXing ge."

"Okay." Tao's voice was soft. He frowned, feeling a twinge of jealousy twisting his stomach.

 

- - - - -

 

Lay raked a hand through his hair. "Aish," he muttered, gulping. *Her blood...I want it. I want her.* He groaned and bit his lower lip. He needed blood. But not just any blood. He needed your blood, needed to feel your pulse beating beneath his lips. *Song Haerin. What have you done to me? I want you. But I don't want to hurt you.*

Then, almost as if it were a sign, a tentative knock came on his door. Lay only had to inhale to know who it was. "Yes mei mei?" he called, resting his back against the door without opening it.

"A-are you okay g-gege?"

"I'm fine," he said, softening. *She's worried about me.*

"C-can you open the d-door please?"

He took a deep breath. *You can do it, Zhang YiXing. You won't hurt her. Because...because you love her.* It felt nice admitting it. With a tiny smile, he opened the door to see your worried face. Your eyes were wide, your lower lip caught between your teeth. He felt his heart flutter as he grinned crookedly. "Hey, mei mei."

"Are you sick?" Your hands immediately flew to his face, checking his forehead and cheeks, even with your bandaged hand.

Lay chuckled and grabbed your wrists. "I don't get sick, mei mei," he reminded in a quiet voice. "Vampire, remember?"

"Oh yeah." You frowned. "Then what's wrong?"

"Nothing." He kept your wrists in his hands, pressing your palms to his cheeks again and leaning into them. He inhaled the scent of your blood as it rushed through the veins on the insides of your wrists. Unknowingly, Lay's lips neared your wrists as he pressed a kiss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter