Umbrella

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: So guess what guys? I'm 3 subbies over 1000!!!!! -spazzing-  Omg so happy:) Thank you all so much! I very love you♥}

 

- - - - -

 

"You're an idiot," Luhan said to Xiumin, one eyebrow raised.

Xiumin sighed, rubbing his temples in annoyance. "I should've stayed home today."

"Or maybe," said Chen, "you should've drank your blood instead of giving it all to Tao. The kid drinks plenty of the stuff."

Xiumin glared at the younger boy through his sunglasses. It was an odd sight. It was kind of dreary outside, looking like it was about to rain. Yet there Xiumin was, sitting in between Lay and Chen, across from Luhan, in the cafeteria, wearing almost black-tinted sunglasses. Why? Right now his eyes were a weird red-brown color because he had given his blood to Tao yesterday instead of drinking it himself like he was supposed to. That and his eyes were sensitive to light.

"I needed that blood!" Tao defended, pouting at Chen.

"Not more than Xiumin," Kris pointed out in a flat tone. "Xiumin, sometimes you're too nice."

Xiumin nodded in agreement. "Tao, I love you, but I'm never letting you have my blood again."

"Geesh," Tao muttered, crossing his arms, "It was O positive anyway. Not like it was something rare."

Lay chuckled quietly, writing something down on his notebook.

"What are you writing?" Chen asked, leaning over Xiumin to look at Lay's notebook.

Lay pulled it back, giving Chen a look. "Words."

"Nooo," Chen said sarcastically with a roll of his eyes. "I never would've thought that you could be writing words! What are these words you speak of? What is their function?"

"Don't be such a smartass," Kris said though he himself was a bit amused.

"I'm writing lyrics," Lay confessed. "Okay?"

"Song lyrics?" Luhan asked, tilting his head.

"What other kinds of lyrics are there?" Tao pointed out. The boys kept bickering. Tao drowned them out, glancing around the cafeteria. There were a lot of people staring at their group, as usual. Tao overlooked them, his eyes searching for one person. When he found that person, he brightened. He stood up, telling his geges, "I'll be right back." He noticed you exiting the cafeteria, so he ran after you. "Haerin!" he called.

You didn't look back. Not because you were ignoring him. Because you were reading and the book was in the best part. The only thing that existed right then was you and the words.

Of course, Tao didn't know that, so he frowned and puffed out his cheeks before continuing his chase. "Song Haerin~" he called, putting a hand on your shoulder.

You jumped, nearly dropping your bubble tea. You blinked in surprise at Tao. "Oh, hey."

He chuckled. "Yeah. Hey. I was calling your name. Didn't you hear me?"

"Nope," you replied, shaking your head. Then you showed him your book. "I was reading so...I probably zoned out."

"Where are you headed?"

"The library."

He grinned. "Want company?"

You tilted your head. "Won't your friends miss you?"

Tao shrugged, still smiling. "They will be fine without me. Besides, you're my friend too."

With a small chuckle, you nodded. "Alright. You can come if you like."

"Great!" The two of you started to walk towards the library when Tao spoke again. "I wish I could do that."

"Do what?"

"Get really into a book and zone out so there's nothing else." Tao swung his arms a bit, giving him a childish look that made you smile. "I get distracted too easy," he sighed.

"It's okay," you assured. "I'm actually a little odd. Not many people can drown out every single noise like I can."

"I see you zone out in class too. Do you sneak your book onto your lap or something?"

"Oh." Now you felt a little embarrassed. "No. I read it inside my head."

Tao's eyes widened. "Wah. You have photographic memory?" You nodded with a sheepish smile. Tao smiled, impressed. "Bet that comes in handy in school. You can just look at your notes and memorize them. Lucky."

You lightly hit his arm. "You can gain a photographic memory. It's not hard."

"I don't really need it," he said, thinking. "But I know someone who does."

"Who?"

"Lay ge, one of my friends. He's really forgetful. Even if he has a list or something with everything he needs on it. Then he justs forgets that he made a list, or will forget to look at it." Tao chuckled. "I think you'd like him. He's 4D, just like you."

You puffed your cheeks out, an action that made Tao want to pinch your cheeks so bad. With a smile, you looked back at Tao. "Maybe you can get us to talk one day. I don't have any friends here--"

"Except me," he cut in with a grin.

"Except you," you allowed with a playful roll of your eyes. "So I'd like to make new friends. So long as your fangirls don't kill me."

"I'll protect you," he assured. You looked at him, a bit surprised. Your heart melted a little bit and your felt your face heat up. You looked away, hoping he wouldn't notice your blush.

But Tao didn't need to look at you to know. He could smell your blood, he could sense how your heart beat a tiny bit faster. That made him smile, but then again, as he sensed the heat in your face, he wanted to attack you again. He swallowed and bit his lip lightly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter