Awkward Emotions

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: Another update for you guys ^^}

 

- - - - -

 

"Morning guys," you greeted in your usual sleepy, quiet, groggy voice once you headed downstairs, still dressed in your pajamas.

"Morning, sleepy head," Lay replied softly, smiling crookedly at you as you sat down at the end of the couch beside Tao. Since you were still in your PJs, and it consisted of a T-shirt and pair of shorts, your legs were cold. Pulling them to your chest, you hugged your legs, resting your chin on your knees.

Tao chuckled softly. "Cold, Haerinnie?" You shook your head slightly, though it was quite obviously a lie.

A blanket fell around you, and you looked up to see Xiumin fixing it around you. "Aigoo. You should go put some pants on before you freeze, mei mei." Xiumin nodded and sat down, stealing the remote from Chen.

"Are you hungry?" Luhan asked, looking at you with a gentle smile. *Please. Please don't be as awkward around me as you were with Lay. Please.*

The moment you looked at him, memories of the night before automatically rushed at you, the scenes dancing just behind your eyelids. Your cheek tinted pink and you bit your lip, quickly averting your eyes from his. "Um...a little, yeah."

"I can make you something," Luhan automatically replied, smiling at you as he got up.

Lay was watching with narrowed eyes. He looked at your blushing cheeks, then at Luhan. *Hm...did he perhaps...confess to her yesterday? God I hope not. Luhan you idiot. She's already bonded to me. You know that. Song Haerin is bound to me.* Lay puffed his cheeks out, also getting up. "I can do it. I'm the one that always makes breakfast. Right, mei mei?" Both boys looked at you.

Bewildered, you looked at them both, Tao frowning at them as well as he wrapped an arm around you. "Uh..." you began, mostly speechless. "Or I could make myself breakfast."

Both of their shoulders deflated in disappointment. You smiled a tiny bit and stood up. "You guys don't have to baby me, you know. I enjoy being independent sometimes." First, you headed upstairs to change your clothes before coming back down and heading to the kitchen. Tao was already waiting there with a light blue apron on, a spatula in his hand. You laughed softly. "I said I could make myself breakfast."

Tao nodded. "And I decided I could help." He handed you the pink apron, smiling. "So, what's on the menu?"

"I wanted to make omurice," you replied with a crooked smile, tying the apron around your waist.

Tao blinked. "Well, I make a great sous chef. And a bus boy." He nodded and smiled. "So...what first, Chef Song?"

 

- - - - -

 

"Pssst," a voice hissed in your ear. Blinking, you looked behind you to see Xiumin grinning at you. "Mei mei, let's go outside and play in the snow. It's going to melt soon. Come on~ Play with me!" He smiled that adorable smile of his and you couldn't help but nod and agree to whatever he wanted to do.

"No!" Tao grabbed your arm, hugging it. "You have to play with me, Haerinnie."

You smiled softly and shook your head. "I'll play with both of you, okay?"

And that was how you ended up outside, dressed in multiple layers of clothing (thanks to the other members worrying about you catching a cold), and making snowballs with Xiumin and Tao.

"Wait, why are we doing this?" you asked. "You said we weren't going to have a snowball fight."

"We're going to throw them at the others, of course!" Tao said, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Tilting your head, you looked at Tao. "But...they're inside..."

"And that's the best part!" Xiumin said. "We're going to bring them outside! And you're going to be the bait, mei mei."

"The bait...? But how am I going to get them outside?" You frowned, confused.

"Forgive me," Tao said quickly, pulling the back of your hood, pulling away your layers of clothes to drop a snowball down the back of your shirt. "But it'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter