Today I'll Be Selfish

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: Now so many of you have guessed right on the Hunters~

Also I'M SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. I HAD A PLAGIARISM ISSUE I HAD TO SOLVE!

I love you all ♥}

 

- - - - -

 

"Mei mei~" sang Xiumin as he wrapped an arm around your shoulders. You were sitting at the window with a book and mug of hot chocolate that Lay had made for you. You blinked at Xiumin as his grin grew. "Want to go outside?"

"Outside?" You tilted your head. "And do what?"

He grinned. "Build a snowman, have a snowball fight...there are a lot of things we could do."

"A snowman?" You smiled at the thought. "I've never built a snowman before."

Xiumin's eyes widened. "You haven't?!" When you shook your head, he made a tsking sound. "Well, today you will." He grabbed your hand and pulled you up. "Come on mei mei, you need to go get dressed. Wear layers of warm clothes so you won't get sick!"

You nodded and chuckled softly, heading upstairs and to your room. You put on leggings and skinny jeans, then a tank top, long-sleeved shirt, sweatshirt, then your coat, grabbing your scarf and mittens. Heading downstairs, you became excited. *I'll get to make a snowman! And with someone I care about...* A warm smile grew on your face.

Heading downstairs, you saw Xiumin pulling on his boots on the stairs. He smiled brightly once he saw you coming down, your scarf in your hand. You sat beside of him, pulling on your boots. Xiumin grinned at you and helped you stand up once you were finished. Xiumin chuckled and wrapped your scarf around your neck, his fingers brushing your throat. You shivered, and Xiumin gulped at the feeling of your steady pulse beneath his fingertips. But he smiled softly as he finished tying your scarf, moving it above your nose.

"You look really cute," he commented with a grin, pulling the hood of your sweatshirt up then the hood of your coat up. He leaned in and kissed your forehead, causing you to blush. Xiumin grinned again, taking your mittened hand in his. "Now let's go make a snowman!"

 

- - - - -

 

If you thought Xiumin was hyper by himself, he was worse in the snow. He ran around happily, falling into the fluffy snow and making snow angels, getting up and making another one. He ran and took your hand. "Make a snow angel mei mei!"

You chuckled and nodded. "Okay oppa." You followed him as he fell back with you, the both of you spreading your arms and legs. Xiumin got up carefully and lifted you so you didn't ruin the snow angel with footprints.

"Hm..." he murmured, tilting his head at the snow angel.

"Is it not right?" you asked, worried.

"No." He patted your head. "I was just thinking how much prettier you are."

You blushed a light shade of pink, though your scarf covered most of the blush. "Th-thank you."

Xiumin smiled in response, then took your hand again. "Time for a snowman!" he declared, bringing you both down. "Okay, so you start out with a snowball. Then you roll it around until it gets too big. Then you just pack snow on it until it's about this,"--he held out his arms--"wide. Then you can start the second layer. You make it the same way, just a smaller ball. And the first layer is the same too. Ready?"

You nodded, a serious expression on your face. Your first snowman was going to be the best snowman ever made, gosh darn it. Xiumin chuckled at the expression on your face, starting the snowball and rolling it around. You let Xiumin pile it until he couldn't roll it anymore and packed snow onto it, starting the second layer.

Xiumin smiled and clapped. "It's perfect mei mei! Good job!" He nodded a few times and grabbed the large snowball, setting it on top of the first. You both packed more snow onto it to make it stay, Xiumin rolling the head and setting it on top.

Xiumin got a carrot from inside and you got sticks and pebbles. Xiumin took the carrot and stuck it in the center of the top snowball while you made its eyes and mouth, Xiumin sticking the sticks in for the arms. You both stepped back and admired your work.

"We did a good job," Xiumin decided, nodding. You smiled softly and nodded in agreement.

 

- - - - -

 

Inside, Kris was watching you and Xiumin make the snowman with a small frown. For some reason he didn't quite understand, he had a strong urge to push Xiumin away and help you instead.

With a frown, Kris took another drink of the coffee in his hand. He didn't actually need the stuff for anything like caffeine, but he enjoyed its taste. He his lips and rested against the window's frame, continuing to stare outside as both of you admired your sno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter