Overprotective

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: Hohoho all of you guys are all "Yay! she'll be with all of them!" and others are like "noooo! I want her to be ONLY with Kris/Luhan!" And then there's the LayRin/HaeLay shippers that are all like "YES OMFG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!"

Just saying....you guys should know never to doubt the author. I have plans. And you'll either love me or hate me for them when you find them out. -cue evil laughter-

ALSO! THIS STORY IS NOW OVER 1000 SUBBIES! -throws confetti- and i'm over 1660 subbies ^^ THANK YOU GUYS. I VERY LOVE YOU!

AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT CELEBRATE IT~

And this chapter is kind of like.....idk. Like a filler (?) Yeah. So I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense >.<}

 

- - - - -

 

Since that night....things had been different. Every time you saw Lay your cheeks would turn bright red and you'd avoid eye contact at all costs. Lay was quite the opposite. He flashed his dimpled smile at you with every chance he got. He would sit as close to you as possible and sometimes wrap his arms around you in an attempt to get closer to you.

That is...if the others let him.

Not long after you had consumed Lay's blood, you had passed out. And that was when five angry vampires had burst into the room, fuming.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!" Tao had roared, gripping Lay by the throat and slamming him against the wall angrily as he walked out of Lay's room, the rest of the vampires following since they didn't want to wake you up.

"I Bonded," Lay answered with a cheeky smile. "Don't be jealous now, didi."

Tao just growled and tightened his grip on Lay's throat. Chen had walked over with his hands balled in fists and punched Lay. He would've broken his nose if Lay weren't a vampire. Xiumin had even taken Lay out of Tao's grip to choke him himself.

In the end, Kris had to pull the other vampires away from Lay, even though he had waited a while before he decided to do so. He was angry too. His hands shook as he placed them on Lay's shoulder. "Zhang YiXing," he said, his eyes soft and his voice sad. "What have you done?"

Lay blinked. "I've chosen my mate."

"But you've done so much more than that," Kris muttered. "Or do you not see that? You know as well as I do that Tao likes her." Kris took a deep breath. "And...not only Tao likes her, Lay. You could've just destroyed your relationship with us. With your brothers. All for your Bond to Haerin. You could've waited for this. Waited to see if she liked you back. We both know she's unsure of her feelings, Lay. You could've just destroyed her life. She's a girl too. She has feelings. Even if..." Kris had to take another breath to calm himself. "Even if she told you it was okay, you shouldn't have done it. She doesn't understand what this Blood Bond is for us. What it will do to us. And I'm disappointed in you, Zhang YiXing. You know what this will do to you. This Bond only affects you. Mei mei probably feels only a little closer to you. Her heart can change. And when it does...she'll break yours."

Lay blinked, taking in the information Kris had just told him. "I know," he whispered. "That's why I'll fight for her heart."

Kris ran a hand through his hair in frustration before turning to Luhan. "You're awful quiet," he said, suspicous. He knew Luhan liked you too.

Luhan looked at Kris, and then at Lay with large, sad eyes. "You really don't know what you've done," he said in a quiet tone. "A Bond is something that's so much stronger than people tell you it is. And I don't think you're ready. I know mei mei isn't ready." Luhan sighed and pushed off the wall, walking back to his room.

"I don't regret it," Lay said in a strong voice.

"Not yet," Xiumin sighed as he went back into Lay's room. He came out a few seconds later with you in his arms, the bite mark on your neck healing because of Lay's blood. Though there was still Lay's dried blood on the corners of your lips.

"I refuse to let her sleep in your room," Xiumin told Lay when he noticed Lay's questioning gaze. Xiumin carried you to your room and gazed down at you softly. "My poor mei mei," he whispered as he brushed the hair from your face. "Lay doesn't understand what he's done. Even though you told him it was okay...he shouldn't have done it." Xiumin leaned down and kissed your forehead. "Goodnight mei mei. Please...please don't go to Lay in the morning. My heart won't be able to take it." He got up and exited your room.

 

- - - - -

 

"Mei mei," said Lay as he came into the living room with a tray of hot cocoa on it. "I made us hot chocolate."

You gave him a tiny smile, still not sure about how to act around him. "O-oh. Thank y-you, ge."

"Of course." Lay beamed at you, ruffling your hair affectionately and setting down the tray on the coffee table in front of you. He would've sat next to you...except you had two others clinging to you.

Tao had an arm wrapped around your waist protectively, something he'd been doing a lot, especially when Lay came in the room. Tao glared at Lay as he sat the tray down. Chen was on your other side, and he also had his arm around your waist.

You reached forward and took the hot chocolate, your movements slightly constricted because of the arms around your waist. You blew on the chocolate and sipped it, feeling terribly awkward. Kris, Xiumin, and Luhan were out getting blood. They had tried with all their might to get Lay to go with them, but he refused.

"It's good gege," you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter