Decorations And Cookies

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: Haha guys. Apparently some of you don't read my author's notes. Remember, the group of Hunters have 7 people. Not six~

Let's review the clues, shall we?

7 members. Tall maknae. Blond leader. Member with a nice body, black hair, and a charming smile. Some of you have guessed right, and a lot of you have listed groups but not one of them were right~

Shorter chapter, but I think you'll all like it~}

 

- - - - -

 

It was December now. Snow fell down over everything like a blanket. The way it fell all day put a sort of gentle lull on everything. It was one of your favorite times of the year. The feeling in the air, it was simply magical. You loved decorating your tiny apartment with the few Christmas decorations you had, setting up your mini tree with your one present to yourself under the tree, sometimes a present from the apartment building's owner under there as well.

This year you wouldn't be spending Christmas alone, and that made you feel undeniably warm inside. It wasn't far into December, and Christmas was a week and a half away. Already you were thinking of what to get the boys for Christmas, not knowing what would ever live up to their kindness towards you. You wanted to thank them properly after all.

But for today, you were helping the vampires decorate the house. Lay was in charge of decorations as the artistic one, and you offered to help him since he wanted to do something different this year.

The two of you were at the store. No one else had gone with you since everyone was busy. Plus, you had to assure the guys a million times that you were safe with Lay and that you wouldn't let him do anything 'bad' to you. The two of you were holding hands as you looked at a shelf of different colored ornaments for the tree this year.

"Which colors should we have?" Lay asked, tilting his head at the ornaments.

"I don't know," you murmured, also tilting your head.

The sight was actually quite cute to people passing by. A couple looking for Christmas decorations, their heads tilted as they tried to think of what colors to use for decorations.

"Red and green is used too much," Lay murmured. "Besides, we did it last year. How about...blue and white?"

"Too icy," you mumbled. "It would make me feel like everything was cold and frosty. I want warm and happy. How about...silver and gold?"

"I feel like that's also too cold," Lay said with a sigh. Then an idea popped up in his head. "How about gold and red? It's warm, still Christmas colors, and I think they would look nice in the house." He reached for two different ornaments. One a warm gold, the other a red-orange-golden color. They did look warm, and would look good in the house, like Lay said.

You smiled and nodded. "I like them."

Lay smiled and gave your hand a squeeze. "Then these two it is." The two of you got the colored ornaments and placed them in your cart. Lay took your hand and flashed his grin at you. "We have the lights...let's go get the tinsel and a star to put on top." He kissed the top of your head. "Also, we all have an ornament on the tree. Pick out yours."

"Hm..." You stared at all the cute ornaments, Lay lacing your fingers together. You looked at a reindeer ornament and tilted your head slightly at it. You put it back and looked at a snowman, then a little Santa oranament.

You were so occupied by the ornaments that you didn't notice when Lay let go of your hand, instead wrapping his arms around your waist and locking his fingers over your stomach, his head on your shoulder. He smiled softly to himself, happy his moment with you wasn't interrupted.  He kissed your temple, which caught your attention. Slowly, you turned to face him, bright red. He grinned then reached around you to pick up a paint brush ornament. "How about this one?"

You snapped out of your daze and looked at the ornament, a smile finding its way on your face. Lay noticed the way your eyes twinkled when he held up the ornament. It was just a normal paint brush, one used for finer detail work as opposed to one you would use for painting a wall or something large. On the tip it had purple paint, purple being your favorite color. It was perfect for you. "You found it," you whispered with a smile.

Lay smiled back at you and nodded, placing the paint brush in your hand. He chuckled and released his hold on you, taking your free hand and pushing the cart with his free hand. "Now let's go get the tinsel~"

Today was Lay's dream day, really. He was alone with you. Well, out in public, but alone. He could count it as a date. He could freely hold your hand and hug you and do things a normal couple would. Every time he heard someone whisper "how cute that couple"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter