Baby Goodnight

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: School started ;A; So I don't have much time during the day anymore. Because my schedule is: school, come home and eat, go to cheer practice, come home, eat, take a shower, sleep. So yepp.

By the way, the movie they watched is something I made up. It's bits and pieces of other scary movies actually.

HOPEFULLY I CAN UPDATE MORE THIS WEEKEND~

"Wo de meili de nuhai" means "My beautiful girl"  and 'Wo bu piaoliang' means 'I'm not pretty' in Mandarin.}

 

- - - - -

 

It seemed like an eternity passed before the movie finally went off. You had been right--everyone died, except for the mom and little girl, both left bloodied and tired as they watched their house burn.

By that time, you were already asleep in Lay's arms. Lay wasn't quite sure when you had fallen asleep, but as soon as he glanced at you sleeping peacefully he felt his heart stop. To him, you looked like an angel drifting off in a peaceful slumber. Lay smiled softly and moved the hair from your forehead so he could see your face better.

"Aish," Xiumin grumbled. "Stupid panda fell asleep."

"Mei mei fell asleep too," said Lay. "I'll take her to bed."

Chen scoffed. "I'm leaving Tao here."

"Sounds good." Luhan got up, stretching and grabbing the now-empty popcorn bowl. "He can get murdered by that girl's ghost for all I care."

Kris cleared his throat. "Are you sure you've got her, Lay?"

Lay nodded. "She's light. It's fine, I've got her. I'd never drop her." He gazed down at you.

Kris looked at you for a long moment, then looked at Lay. He felt a bit...odd, with the way that Lay was looking at you. Kris shook his head slightly, not even wanting to think about it. "So long as you'll take care of her I guess. I'm going to bed now. Night."

Without looking up, Lay replied, "Yeah. Me too. Night." Lay carefully went down the stairs and down the hall, balancing your weight on his knee as he opened the door to your room. Ever so carefully, he set you down on the bed, positioning you so you'd be comfortable before pulling the blankets over you. He smiled softly and swiftly leaned down to lightly kiss your forehead.

He felt butterflies in his stomach as he stared at you for a moment longer. He grinned, pleased with what he had done. "Goodnight mei mei. Wo de meili de nuhai."

"Wo bu piaoliang," you answered in your sleep.

He blinked and tilted his head before chuckling. *So she talks in her sleep.* Lay watched you for a minute and kissed your cheek before he turned suddenly, feeling someone watching him. He blinked at the person, then chuckled. "What's wrong, Luhan?"

Luhan gulped. "What...did you just do...to her?"

Lay shrugged. "I kissed her cheek. It's no big deal. Not like it was on the lips or anything."

"You like her, don't you?" Luhan looked down at his feet, biting his lip like he always did.

Lay glanced back at you, then at Luhan. "I do."

"Do you...love her?" Luhan glanced up at him, almost as if he was afraid of his didi's answer.

"Hm...I don't think it's that far yet."

*Yet.* Luhan repeated in his mind. "Well...good luck I guess. I think she likes you too, judging by the way she clung onto you tonight. So yeah." He cleared his throat. "Yeah," he whispered again. "Night." He sighed and walked to his room.

Lay tilted his head, confused. *Luhan ge couldn't possibly like her too...could he? I hope not. I already have competition with Tao. I saw him in her bed this morning after all.* He glanced back at your sleeping figure and softened before going out, closing the door behind him.

 

- - - - -

 

In the morning, when you woke up, you felt warm, a pair of arms wrapped firmly around your waist. The owner of the arms had their face buried in your hair, their body melded against yours. It felt natural to you at first, so you relaxed until your senses came back. *Person...in my bed...holding me...curled up against me...omo!* Your eyes shot open and you quickly looked over your shoulder to see Tao sleeping peacefully, a tiny smile of content on his face.

You blinked, turning around in his arms, slightly relieved it was only Tao. You weren't used to this type of skinship and intimacy, but since Tao looked so peaceful and you were comfortable...you didn't want to move. You studied his sleeping face for a moment and felt something flutter inside of you. He looked young and innocent, his lips slightly parted with deep, even breaths escaping them. His canines were slightly elongated, probably because he hadn't had blood in a good twelve hours and was hungry.

The thought didn't bother you though, even though your neck was so close to his face. Actually, the long teeth made him look cute, even though the first time you had seen them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter