Keep My Heart Alive

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: This story just got over 800 subbies O.O Thank you guys! I very love you ♥ }

 

- - - - -

 

When you woke up in the morning, you had brief flashes from the night before. Suddenly, you remembered Luhan's arms around you. His lips on your ear and cheek, temple. You felt your face getting warmer. *Well...he was drunk. He probably won't remember, right? I've heard people don't know what they're doing when they're drunk. And that they forget the day after. Let's hope it applies to vampires too.*

With a sigh, you got out of bed and headed to your bathroom for a shower.

Once you got out, you smacked into someone. You bowed immediately in apology. "Mianhamnida." The person chuckled and you looked up to see Luhan. Your cheeks turned a brighter red. "O-oh. L-Luhan ge." Suddenly, you could still feel his lips on your skin, making your body prickle with heat. "I'm s-sorry. I d-didn't s-see you th-there."

Luhan smiled softly, remembering last night. *She's embarrassed. How cute.* "You don't have to apologize mei mei," he assured. "I'm sorry I was in the way. But...why are you stuttering?"

"S-stuttering? I'm n-not."

"You are." Luhan raised an eyebrow, amused. "Anyway, did you have fun last night?"

You gulped and nodded, avoiding his gaze. *Does he not remember then?* "Y-yeah. It was f-fun."

"I'm glad." He reached out to tilt your chin up to him, leaning closer to you. "But mei mei~" he whined. "Why aren't you looking at me?"

Your eyes widened once you realized how close he was to you. His face was only inches away. You could see the details of his face, the way his brown eyes shined, blue contacts gone. He blinked. "You still haven't answered me, mei mei."

"O-oh. I just, um...I d-don't know."

"Why are you so nervous?" he whispered.

"I'm n-not."

"I think you are. Your heart's beating really fast. Like a humming bird's." He leaned even closer to you so you could feel his warm breath ghosting across your lips, causing shivers to go down your spine. Luhan kept coming closer and closer. "You're nervous, I know it."

"Wh-why would I be n-nervous?"

"Because you think I'm going to kiss you."

You blinked at him, surprised. He obviously knew what he was doing. You took a deep breath. "But you won't," you whispered, voice steady.

Luhan tilted his head curiously. "And how do you know that?"

"I just do."

"Hm," he hummed before pulling back and smiling as if nothing had happened. "Let's go eat breakfast, mei mei." He grabbed your wrist, lightly brushing his thumb across the scars there before pulling you down the stairs with him. "Oh, and remember to dry your hair better next time, mei mei. Don't want to catch a cold."

You swallowed the lump in your throat and nodded, taking a shaky breath. *What was that? Is he bipolar or something?*

Luhan looked back at you and smiled to himself. *It's working. My plan is working.* Yes. Luhan had a plan. He was going to get you away from Lay and Tao and to him. And last night? Just the beginning. Luhan laced his fingers with yours. "Your hands are cold," he said, his voice soft as he looked back at you.

You blinked. "A-are they?"

*She's nervous again.* "Yeah," Luhan murmured before bringing your hand to his lips and kissing the back of it. He watched as the blood rose to your face, making it bright red. Luhan took a deep breath, letting himself smell the sweet scent of your blood. *I want her. All of her.* He closed his eyes before opening them again and smiling at you. "You're so cute mei mei." He said the next part in Mandarin. "I just want to hold you and never let go." Your face turned darker red, making Luhan tilt his head in amusement. *She must like being talked to in Mandarin.*

Luhan continued downstairs with you, causing him to get stared at by some of the guys at the table, their eyes narrowing in on your hand in his. Luhan smirked at them slightly while you quickly tugged your hand out of his grip.

Tao swallowed but quickly got up to pull out a chair for you, the one right beside him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter