Guitar Lessons and New Years

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

{A/N: Aww all of you want Lay to have some love ♥ Here you go~

And the Eddy Ate Dynamite thing is something my dad taught me when he was teaching me how to play guitar XD}

 

- - - - -

 

Today was the start of your guitar lessons with Lay. You took your pretty guitar out from its case and gingerly sat it on your lap, Lay getting his own guitar out. He chuckled when he saw how careful you were being with it. "I promise you won't break it easily."

"It just seems so delicate..." You bit your lip and strummed the strings. "Is it in tune?"

"Yep!" Lay nodded happily. "I got it tuned when I bought it. I also have an extra set of strings in case one breaks. I know how to replace the strings too, and how to tune a guitar, so we're good." He flashed his smile at you. "Ready to learn the strings?" You nodded, looking down at the strings. "Starting from the top on the thickest string," said Lay. "E, then the next is A, then D, then G, then B, then the smallest string is the high E."

You blinked. "So....E, A, D, G, B, E?"

"Yes. But there's a way to remember it. 'Eddy Ate Dynamite. Good Bye Eddy.'" Lay smiled widely. "Just use that phrase and take the first letter and go from top to bottom and you know the strings!"

"Wah~" You nodded and strummed each string carefully.

"Now for your first chord!" Lay moved his long fingers expertly on his own guitar. "I'll start with the G chord. It's common and used in a lot of songs." He showed you where to place your fingers. "Ah, no mei mei. Your first finger goes on the A string on the second fret. And your middle and ring finger are on the third fret. There you go!" He smiled and nodded when you got the chord right. "Now press down each string tightly--it'll hurt your fingers for a while--and strum."

You strummed the guitar strings with your thumb, frowning when it didn't make a pretty sound like Lay's guitar. Lay smiled softly and moved around you, setting his guitar on the couch and moving his arms around yours. You tensed when his chest pressed to your back, fingers moving over yours. "Press tightly," he murmured into your ear, pressing your fingers down firmly. "Now strum." He moved your other hand, humming in satisfaction when it made the right noise.

Slowly, you felt heat rise to your cheeks. "N-next?"

Lay grinned and quickly kissed your red cheek, making your face turn brighter red. "The A chord," he said, moving three of your fingers. He pressed his cheek against yours as he moved your fingers over the strings.

"You're doing well," he commented after teaching you two more chords and going over all the ones you learned. "Very well. I'm proud of you mei mei."

"You were d-doing all the work," you mumbled, avoiding his gaze since it was literally right next to your face.

"You still did very well," he chuckled, kissing your cheek again and lacing your fingers together. His gaze fell to your neck, where the Y necklace rested. Lay beamed and moved his hand to play with the chain. "You're wearing it," he murmured.

"Oh. Yeah, I am." You looked down at the necklace. "I always wear it." You turned your body slightly and smiled when you saw the H necklace around Lay's neck. "You're wearing your necklace too."

"Of course I am," he murmured, raising your hand to his lips to kiss the back of it. "I never take it off. Being completely honest, the moment I take it off will be the moment I lose it."

"I know." You smiled at Lay. "You're forgetful." Lay started to pout, but you quickly added, "It's cute."

Lay hummed in satisfaction before looking at you with a pout. "Mei mei, during our New Years party...don't let Luhan or Chen anywhere near you, okay? Especially when they're drunk. They'll try to kiss you the moment it turns into next year."

You bit your lower lip and nodded, remembering Halloween clearly. "Okay," you whispered.

"Good." Lay beamed, flashing his cute dimple. He moved away from you, leaning in front of you to kiss your forehead. "Are you hungry mei mei?"

"A little."

"I'll make you lunch." He grinned, ruffled your hair, then went to the kitchen.

A few seconds later someone appeared next to you on the couch. You jumped in surprise and looked at Tao with wide eyes, a hand over your heart. "You scared me."

"Sorry~" he sang, smiling. "Haerinnie, you're going to be with us during New Years, right?"

"Of course." You nodded. "There's no reason why I wouldn't  be."

Tao smiled and nodded. "Good. But Haerinnie, you haven't had your first kiss yet, right?"

You blushed lightly and nodded. "Right."

"Make sure no one steals it on New Years, okay?" He nodded a few times, grabbing your hand and squeezing it.

"Um..." You bit your lip and nodded. "Okay."

"Great!" Tao grabbed your hand, kissing the back of it. "I'll see you later Haerinnie. I'm going to go bother Chen ge." He smiled and left.

You blinked in confusion. *Okay then...* Looking up, you saw Lay come in with a tray containing two bowls of soup, two sandwiches, and two glasses; one filled with orange juice, the other filled with blood. Lay sat close to you and set the tray down on the table in front of you, handing you the bowl of soup. "Careful," he said. "It's hot." Lay handed you the spoon. "What was Tao telling you about? I heard him talking but didn't pay attention to what he was saying."

"Oh. Nothing much. Just asking me about New Years." It wasn't a lie, really. Just not the whole truth. You gave Lay a small smile before sticking a spoonful of soup in your mouth, wincing when it burned your tongue. "Ah!"

"Babo," Lay scolded, handing you your orange juice. "I told you it was hot! Blow on it first."

You nodded and took a drink of the orange juice, smiling apologetically at Lay. He si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter