Dinner

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: So...school is starting for me on TUESDAY ;A; Because of school and sports, plus the fact that I am taking 3 honors/advanced classes plus 1 AP class, I probably won't be able to update every day like I do now. Sorry, but school comes first, as you can guess. *sigh* Okay, moving on ^^ Short chapter, sorry~

**Note: 'Ke ai' is 'cute' in Mandarin}

 

- - - - -

 

As soon as you went into the kitchen, led by Chen who was in front of you, you were amazed at the food on the table. It was hard to believe Lay had made everything here.

There was steak made, except all the boys had theirs underdone and bloody, while there was one that seemed to be cooked perfectly.

Lay smiled at you as you came in. "This one's yours," he said, pointing to the actually cooked steak. "Here, sit by me."

"I want to sit by her!" Tao complained.

"Sit on my other side," you offered helpfully, flashing a smile.

He beamed. "Good idea." Tao pulled out the chair on your other side, sitting down and placing a bloody steak on his plate happily. He spooned out mashed potatoes onto his plate, and then onto yours. "Eat lots, okay Haerinnie?"

"Haerinnie?" Luhan repeated with a raised eyebrow.

Tao nodded. "It's a nickname. Because we're the same age, I can't call her mei mei like you guys do." He puffed out his cheeks. "Though I wish she could call me gege or oppa."

You smiled a little bit, grabbing a knife to cut your steak. "YiXing ge, did you really make all of this?"

He blushed a tiny bit and nodded. "Y-yeah. So eat lots, okay?" You grinned and chuckled, nodding.

Then you noticed Kris coming in. He had a bag of red liquid in his hand. He cut a small part into the bag and poured some into a wine glass, passing it down to Luhan, who did the same. When it came around to Tao, he handed it to you and said, "Pass it to Lay ge please." You nodded, passing the bag.

"Does that gross you out?" Xiumin asked. "The blood, and the fact that we're drinking it?"

You shook your head. "Not really. I mean, I have no right to judge. It's something you have to have to live. Like how I have to have water. You guys just need blood. It's no big deal. If you were killing people, I suppose I would be a bit...scared. But since you don't, I find no reason to fear you."

"None at all?" Luhan asked, leaning forward with one eyebrow raised. "You don't find us scary?"

"Not really."

"Then why did you faint when Tao showed you his fangs?"

You blushed and looked away from Luhan's gaze. "W-well...it was just so much to take in, and I was feeling light-headed and weak already. It was kind of the timing of it."

Luhan chuckled, leaning back again. "So if you were to see our fangs, you wouldn't be scared?"

"N-no."

Luhan smiled. "Haerin, look at me." You looked up to see that Luhan's canines had elongated into pointy fangs. Those fangs had sunk into your skin. You glanced down at your wrist, studying the small marks. Luhan realized what you were looking at and felt guilty, closing his mouth. "Sorry."

"It's fine."

"Stop scaring her," Tao said gently.

"I'm not scared," you protested quietly.

"Either way."

Lay watched as you started cutting up your stake. He noticed you were a bit clumsy with the knife and smiled. Carefully, he moved closer to you, resting part of his arms on top of yours, his hands coming down on top of yours. "Let me," he said in a calm tone.

You looked at him in surprise, your heart doing funny things from his touch. "I can cut it."

"You're so clumsy it wouldn't surprise me if you cut yourself. And that's probably not a good idea." He raised an eyebrow at you.

You bit your lip and moved your hands away, letting him take your for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter