Lessons of A Panda and A Dragon's Healing Powers

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: HAPPY LATE HALLOWEEN!! I hope you guys got lots of candy, but didn't eat too much and get a tummy ache:) And for the record guys, I'll be adding Kris/Xiumin/Chen-Haerin moments more♥ Promise!

Also, this chapter is a little shorter BUT IT'S SO FLUFFY}

 

- - - - -

 

"Do you think this is gross?" Tao questioned, motioning to his metal flask of blood. "I mean, we drink it all the time. And to you, blood probably tastes like metal or something. But it doesn't to me." Tao tilted his head as he stared at the flask. "Weird..." he muttered, eyes shifting back to you as he suddenly smiled brightly. "So," he said, "does it gross you out?"

You grinned, trying not to laugh. "Not really," you admitted. "Yeah, blood tastes like metal to me. But it doesn't bother me that you drink it. People have different tastes, right? That might as well be tomato juice." You shrugged one shoulder.

"Tomato juice," repeated Tao in wonder. "I'll bet that tastes gross."

"It does," you said with another amused smile. "Well, kind of. It's sort of like tomato soup, just cold."

"So it is gross."

You burst out laughing--you couldn't help it anymore. Tao was just...silly today. Tao grinned when he saw he made you laugh. *Ha! Take that, Xiumin ge! I AM funny!* With a soft smile, Tao took another kimbap from the lunchbox--kimbap that you had made for the two of you, actually. It nearly made him jump for joy when he saw you had made him food, even though it did nothing for him nutrient wise. But still. You thought of him, and that was more than enough to make his heart flutter.

"This is really yummy, Haerinnie," Tao complimented with a smile.

"So you've told me," you said in that quiet voice of yours. "Twice."

"It seemed worth repeating," he replied, taking another and eating it whole. He clapped happily like a little kid. He swallowede before talking again. "So, actually, I want to ask you something."

You looked up and tilted your head. "Yes, Tao?"

Tao grinned at you. "Have you ever wanted to learn wushu, Haerinnie?"

"Wushu...?" you repeated, thinking of the expert moves Tao had shown off to you before. You shrugged and took a sip of your bubble tea. "I guess I never really considered it. It seemed too...manly and violent for me."

Tao noticed you were talking a lot more. Your voice was still quiet and timid, but you spoke more words. And that made him happy. He sat close to you and wrapped an arm around your shoulders, causing you to stiffen and blush slightly. "Well then Haerinnie," he said. "Today's your lucky day because you get the one and only kungfu panda's free mentoring for the day."

"You're going to teach me?" You blinked at him, bewildered.

"Yep!" he crowed happily, standing up and pulling you with him, grabbing another kimbap as he stood up. Walking over to the corner of the room, he took out a long wooden stick. Your eyes widened and he understood immediately. "You won't use this," he assured. "Nor will I use it on you. I won't hurt you Haerinnie! I promise." He nodded twice and twirled the stick in the air, moving it behind his back and over his head.

"Then why do you have it?" you wondered out loud.

He grinned and twirled it again. "To show off."

You smiled and rolled your eyes. "Of course."

"Now come here Haerinnie." Tao put the stick down and held out his hand, beckoning you with two fingers. Most of the cuteness drained from Tao. There was still that cute smile on his face, but his eyes had a playful glint to them that reminded you of a predator as it circled its prey. You swallowed and moved towards him. Once you were close enough, he took your hand and pulled you to him, causing you to trip lightly and nearly fall into him. But he caught you,wrapping one arm around your waist and teasingly flicked your forehead. "So clumsy."

You turned red and looked away when you realized how close you were. "W-what are we going to be doing?"

"I'm going to teach you some of my wushu moves," he informed you, finally letting you go. "Just follow my motions and do as I say."

You nodded and watched as he got into a stance, copying it yourself. "Is this right?"

He smiled and nodded. "Yep! Good job, Haerinnie. Now, for a punch!" He shot his right arm straight out, acting like he was punching someone. You blinked then copied it. He chuckled. "Your movements have to be strong, Haerinnie. Stiffen your arm. You couldn't even bruise someone with that punch."

You pouted. "I don't want to bruise anyone."

Tao laughed lightly and moved towards you, taking your arm and pulling on it so it was perfectly straight. He nodded in satisfaction then pulled your arm back. "Punch!" He moved your arm out in a punch, smiling when it was stiff. "Now that would knock someone out! And yes," he added suddenly. "I know you don't want to knock anyone out. And you won't have to. Because I'll do it for you."

You looked back at him to see his serious expression, indicating that he wasn't joking. Somehow...that made your heart flutter, knowing he wanted to protect you. It was a first time, having multiple people care for you and wanting to protect you. You couldn't help but feel touched.

Tao snapped you out of your thoughts. "Another punch." He suddenly moved around you so his chest was pressed to your back. His chin was nearly resting on your shoulder, your cheeks pressed together. Tao laid his muscular arms over yours, long fingers wrapping around your wrists to easier guide your movements. He heart your heart speed up and smiled. He inhaled your scent and closed his eyes. "You smell good," he murmured, suddenly forgetting about the wushu.

You blushed. "Me or my blood?"

"Both," he answered honestly, moving his arms from over your arms to around your waist. His long arms easily curved around your tiny waist. You turned a brighter shade of red and nearly squeaked. "Shh," he murmured, as if reading your thoughts. "Just for a little while...let me hold you like this. Just this once."

His words made you soften and feel slightly guilty. The others had been closer to you than this, so it was unfair if you didn't let him. Being honest though...you liked the feeling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter