Scars

A Real Pain In The Neck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: You get to know a little more about Haerin's past here ^^ But just part of it~

And this chapter's a bit short =/ }

 

- - - - -

 

Xiumin sat beside you in the living room as you both did your homework. You sighed and puffed out your cheeks as you stared at the picture you were supposed to draw.

It was for art. Everyone was given a picture that you had to draw. It would usually be fairly simple...except for the fact that you had to draw it upside down. It wasn't too much harder, but you couldn't get the shape of the cartoon guy's head right while looking at it upside down. "Why is it so difficult?" you sighed, frustrated.

Xiumin chuckled. "You're good at drawing though, mei mei. This shouldn't be hard for you. You just need to breathe. Or wait. It's getting colder outside so...do you want me to make you my famous hot chocolate?"

You looked at him curiously. "Your famous hot chocolate?"

He smiled and nodded. "I make the best hot chocolate in the world. Stay here and I'll come back with it, okay?" You smiled back at him and nodded, anticipating the world's best hot chocolate.

You stared down at the cartoon for a moment longer, frowning. "Why can't I get his head right?" you asked no one, close to ripping up the stupid picture into tiny pieces. That in itself was weird for you; you had a fairly good temper and didn't get mad or frustrated easily. Guess there's an exception to every rule. Yours happened to be drawing, even though it was something that requried a lot of patience.

A few minutes later, Xiumin came back in with a tray in his hands. He smiled at you as he sat it down on the coffee table in front of you. There were two mugs; a red one and a yellow one. You smiled, knowing the yellow one was for you and taking it. It had a lot of whipped cream on top of it, caramel and chocolate drizzled on top of it.

Xiumin gave a small smile, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, I figured you were the type that liked sweets so I put extra whipped cream and caramel in it... But if you don't like it, I can make you another!"

You chuckled. "I love sweets. You were right. Thank you so much, oppa. I appreciate it." You flashed him an eye smile that made his heart flutter before taking a drink.

"Careful, hot," he warned in a soft voice.

You nodded a tiny bit, taking a sip. It wasn't too hot since the whipped cream was cool. The chocolate was smooth and just the right texture, not powdery at all. So he didn't use a mix for it. You blinked in surprise as you swallowed. "How did you make this?"

Xiumin started laughing. More than laughing, he was clutching his stomach and leaning back slightly like he was about to fall over. You tilted your head, about to ask him what he was laughing at when he started laughing harder, tears forming in his eyes.

"Oppa!" you complained, crossing your arms. "Tell me what you're laughing at! Private jokes are rude!"

"I'm s-sorry!" he managed out between fits of laughter. "Y-you have--whipped cream--all over your--upper lip!"

You turned bright red and looked at your reflection in one of the mirrors. In horror, your face heated up even more as you pulled down your sleeve, ready to use it to wipe away the whipped cream mustache. But before you could wipe it away yourself, a hand caught your wrist. Xiumin smiled at you, biting his lip to keep himself from laughing some more.

"Don't," he managed to say in a calm tone. "It'll get your shirt dirty. Here, let me." He raised his hand to wipe away the whipped cream with his thumb. Just as you opened your mouth to say something, he the whipped cream off his thumb, causing you to turn red again. You bit your lip and said nothing, taking another sip of your hot choclate and looking back at the drawing. The whipped cream was melted down slightly so it wouldn't get on your lip again.

Xiumin watched you in amusement. *Cute. It's fun to mess with her.* He chuckled, remembering something Chen had done before. "Hey, mei mei?"

"Hm?" you looked at him, still kind of pink.

"That whipped cream was really sweet. Sweeter than normal whipped cream. Want to know why?"

"Um...because it had chocolate and caramel?" you tried.

Xiumin laughed lightly, shaking his head. "No. It was because it came from your lips."

"O-oppa!" you stuttered. "It's n-not nice to m-mess with people like th-that."

"Are you embarrassed right now, mei mei? You said when you stutter you're either embarrassed, nervous, or scared."

"A l-little," you admitted.

"Hm." Xiumin rested his cheek on his hand. "You're very cute, mei mei."

"N-no I'm not. Really." You took a deep bre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter