First Meeting

Cafe Latte

 

(Beatrice’s Point Of View)

I went to school by evening. Uncle texted me to go to his office before heading to our classroom. As I got in front of his office door, I knocked three times. The door suddenly opened and I went in. As I entered, I saw them, the celebrities that my uncle was talking about, the KPOP Idols.

“Where are Sakura and Rhiyou?” I asked getting my senses back.

“I have no idea,” uncle replied.

“Why are you looking for us?” I heard Rhiyou’s voice somewhere.

As I turned around, I saw them entered. I could see their reactions. They were shocked as I am but the only difference was mine wasn’t visible.

“O…mo…” Rhiyou said.

“Can’t believe they’re actually here?” I asked both of them and they nodded slowly.

As I turned to face the celebrities, they were puzzled why they’re here with us.

“Let me tell you their names…”

“2ne1…” Rhiyou cut in.

“A.N.Jell without Park Shin Hye unni,” Sakura continued.

“SHINee,” I spoke.

“Leeteuk,” Rhiyou added.

“Donghae,” Sakura smiled.

“And…?” my uncle asked thinking that I wouldn’t know the last.

“Cho Kyuhyun of Super Junior,” I answered.

“Omo, they know us,” Jonghyun said in Korean.

“Nae…unbelievable,” Onew said in the same language.

“Who wouldn’t know you?” Sakura asked in their language.

“Besides we love KPOP,” Rhiyou said.

“Jinjjayo?” Taemin looked at me.

I just looked at the two girls and they nodded.

“Nae…” they said.

The three of us knew different languages since we travelled around the world together with our parents every time our parents were having world trips.

“How about you?” Young Hwa pointed his gaze on me.

“Nugu?” I asked.

“Neo,” Donghae said.

“Naega?” I asked and they nodded. “What about me?”

“KPOP, johaseo?” Minho asked.

“Nae…jeogeum…nae,” I said.

They hummed and nodded. I turned my gaze again to my uncle.

“So what are we going to do now?” I asked him.

“You’ll be their guide and guardian in this school from now on. You’ll responsible for them,” my uncle said.

Responsible? Guardian? Are we going to be some kind of a parent now?!

“What?!” Rhiyou blurted out.

“Why us?” Sakura asked.

“Because you’re the only ones who won’t be panicking when it comes to celebrities,” my uncle pointed out.

“Have you handled celebrities before?” Dara unni asked.

“Nae…but that’s because of business,” I said.

“And you also handled Korean people before like Park Shin Hye and Kim Tae Hee,” my uncle revealed.

“Have you?!” Sakura and Rhiyou asked as if they couldn’t believe it.

“Nae…” I said helplessly.

“That’s why I’m giving you this task because I trust you and I know you know what to do,” my uncle smiled.

He’s always like that whenever he knew something about me…

“I’ll do it,” I said as if I have no more choices.

“Then it’s settled,” he clapped his hand once and thought of something else.

I think he forgot something…

“You won’t have any classes on Wednesday. You may all go now,” he said.

The Celebrities bowed their heads in sign of respect. We went out of the office and head to our first class. It was almost six-thirty in the evening and our teacher for the whole night was Ms. Shin, Greyne.

She was the last to enter the room. She saw all of us and asked who the class president was. I stood up and she didn’t react anymore because she knew me. She was my third year teacher in Mathematics and Science. She didn’t start the discussion. She just wanted to know all of us.

We started introducing ourselves and she asked some questions. It was fun knowing a teacher and I felt comfortable with it.

“So girls, who do you like most in the boys,” she asked.

“Who are you asking ma’am?” CL unni asked.

“I’m asking the Tres Grandes daughters,” Ms. Shin said.

“Us?” Rhiyou said.

“Why are you asking us?” Sakura asked.

“Kasi alam kong may nagugustuhan na kayo sa kanila (Because I know that you like someone from them already),” Ms. Shin said.

“What did you say ma’am?” Hong Ki asked.

“Nothing. It’s just for us girls,” Ms. Shin replied.

“Dara-ssi,” Ms. Shin called out.

“Waeyo sonsaeng-nim?” Dara unni asked.

“Whatever you’ll hear tonight, can you keep it a secret?” Ms. Shin asked a favor.

“Arasseoyo,” Dara unni said.

“So let’s start with you Rhiyou,” Ms. Shin pointed.

“Well, gusto ko si Geun Seuk pero mas gusto ko si Jonghyun (Well, I like Geun Seuk but I like Jonghyun more),” Rhiyou said in a different language.

“Waeyo?” Jonghyun and Geun Seuk asked as they heard their names.

“Aniyo,” Rhiyou said and waved his hand for saying the word.

“How about you Sakura?” she asked.

“Gusto ko si Hong Ki pero mas gusto ko si Kim Kibum (I like Hong Ki but I like Kim Kibum more),” Sakura confessed in the same language.

“Yah! What are you saying? Why can’t I understand it?” Key complained.

“It would be better if you don’t know it,” Sakura stuck her tongue out and sat down.

“How about you Bea?” she asked me.

As I turned my body to see all of the boys at the back, I couldn’t find out who I like most so I turned to face Ms. Shin.

“Well?” she smiled at me while asking the question.

I shook my head and sat down.

“Wala kang nagustuhan sa kanila? (You don’t like any of them?),” she asked in the same language she used before.

“Aniyo,” I said in response.

“Waeyo?”  Dara unni asked.

“Molla…Maybe I don’t know them that well,” I said.

Well it’s true. I really don’t know what are their personalities and attitudes… How could I pick if I don’t know something about them? I don’t even care if they’re celebrities because for me, they’re just the people in my eyes.

“Are you sure?” Ms. Shin asked and I nodded. “Well that’s the first…”

“Hey Bea, are you still into my brother?” Rhiyou asked all of a sudden.

I suddenly bowed my head the moment she mentioned her brother. I still have feelings for him but he never noticed me.

“I don’t know,” I just answered.

“Well, you have to be sure,” Rhiyou was pressuring me to blurt out the truth.

“I really don’t know because I’ve never seen him for the past years,” I said making an excuse.

“Ok that’s it for now. Now, let’s group you into three,” Ms. Shin said.

What are the groupings for?

“This is the only way for all of you to have bonds with each other. So Rhiyou, you’ll be grouped with Geun Seuk, Leeteuk, Onew, Jonghyun and CL. Sakura, you’ll be grouped with Hong Ki, Donghae, Key and Minzy while you young lady,” she pointed me out. “You’ll be grouped with the rest that’s left behind.”

Those people are Bom unni, Dara unni, Kyuhyun oppa, Yong Hwa oppa, Minho and Taemin.

As we formed three circles, the conversation in groups started.

“Annyeong haseyo, choneun Beatrice-imyeyo,” I introduced myself.

The others followed and we started the real conversation.

“So Beatrice-ssi, where are you from?” Minho asked the first question.

“I’m here from the Philippines,” I answered.

“Can you describe yourself to us?” Bom unni asked and I nodded.

“I’m the youngest daughter of the family McGowell,” I said.

“McGowell!!” they were shocked and I nodded as if they didn’t know a thing.

“What else?” Kyuhyun oppa asked.

“I sometimes go to our business building. I went to different places including Korea. I passed an application in Korea for my college. My sister is a fashion designer and her code name is Mystique,” I said.

“Omo…I love those clothes. I’m actually wearing one,” Bom unni showed us the label.

“I have all of her designs and I’m one of her models,” I smiled.

“How come we don’t even know you?” Taemin asked.

“Because I don’t want to be known. It’ll be a mess for me,” I answered.

“That dress was made two years ago,” I pointed to the dress of Bom unni.

“Did you ever have a boyfriend?” Dara unni asked.

That question was quite shocking. I never expected it!

“To be honest, I never had a boyfriend,” I confessed.

“Omo…you’re so beautiful and yet you never had a boyfriend?! That’s so sad,” Dara unni said.

“Well, people are afraid of me because I’m not really this nice,” I told them.

“I don’t think so. Maybe you’re just saying that because you want to scare us,” Kyuhyun oppa said.

“We all feel that you’re a great person,” Yong Hwa oppa smiled at me.

“You might not know. If that day comes, that guy might accept you for who you are,” Minho said.

“You just need someone who’ll love you and will never ever leave you,” Taemin said.

He pointed the very special trait that I like in a guy. As I looked at him, I could feel his sincerity but there’s something else I felt, I felt my heat pumped as loud as it could. Like it’s beating for him.

“Maybe,” I said getting back to reality and looked at all of them.

Did he know from the very start? I really wonder why I never had a boyfriend even though I liked MJ a lot but he never really liked me. It was just a one-sided infatuation. I hope that this feeling I’m feeling for him end as soon as it could. My love for him hurt me a lot when he had a girlfriend and she’s Annabelle.

I hope that these people with me, would be good to me and be closer to me even more. I think I’m starting to like them. I hope that one of them would be a best friend of mine.

For the whole period of first class and second class, that was all we did. We knew each other very well and we became friends with one another in a short period  of time.

I knew the others because every time that Ms. Shin clapped her hand, the groups before will never be grouped again. The three groups will be a new group and that’s how we all bonded. It was fun and I felt comfortable already.

“Are you going home?” Kibum asked me.

“Nae, waeyo?” I asked as I packed my things while the others were going out of the classroom already.

“Aniyo. Chukahae,” he smiled at me.

“Waeyo?” I asked again.

“I didn’t know that you’re so kind and well-mannered,” Kibum complimented.

“Gomawoyo Kibum-ssi,” I said as I smiled at him.

“Nae…can you drop the formality? I’m just a year older than you. Just call me oppa or any nickname you like to call me,” he said.

“Arasseo,” I said and we went out of the classroom together and went home to our houses.