Knowing What's Behind

Cafe Latte

 

(Beatrice’s Point Of View)

Rhiyou, Sakura and I went to our usual meeting place, the Café. There, Dara unni and Sanghyun-ssi were already waiting for us.

“Oh, Bea-ah! Over here,” Sanghyun signaled by waving at us.

He was happy to see us not as Café Latte but as ourselves. He didn’t know a thing yet…

“Sanghyun-ah, I want you to meet Rhiyou and Sakura. They are my childhood friends,” I introduced my company.

“Annyeong haseyo Rhiyou-ssi and Sakura-ssi,” Sanghyun greeted them both.

“Annyeong haseyo?” Rhiyou and Sakura said in chorus.

Rhiyou couldn’t stop smiling since she had a huge admiration on Sanghyun. Luckily, I met Sanghyun three years ago and we became good friends.

“Omo…I almost forgot, where are the Café Latte noona?” Sanghyun asked his sister.

“That’s why we’re here to explain everything Sanghyun-ah,” I said.

“Bea, don’t tell me that…”

“Ne…I’m going to tell him,” I cut Rhiyou from talking since she looked afraid.

“What if he tells it to his friends?” Sakura contrasted.

“Tell to my friends what?” Sanghyun was already getting confused.

“To be honest Sanghyun, what’s in front of you now is the Café Latte,” Dara unni revealed.

“Mwo?!” Sanghyun got shocked. “Noona, how?!”

The first question that Sanghyun asked to his sister. We took our seats and started discussing everything to Sanghyun. We sat at the farthest seat so no one could hear us. Because if we sat near the other costumers, our career and our lives will be at stake already.

“Is that so…” Sanghyun finally understood after we told him everything.

“Sanghyun-ah, please keep it a secret,” Dara unni pleaded.

“Don’t worry noona. You know that you can always count on me,” Sanghyun said with his thumbs up.

He then looked at me.

“Bea-ah, do still have my number?” Sanghyun asked me.

I picked up my phone and scanned my contacts.

“Is this still your number?” I asked as I showed him the screen of my phone.

“Ne,” he smiled. “I’ll still contact you, ok?”

I nodded and all of us stood up. While we’re walking off from the Café, my phone suddenly rang.

“Yeobeosaeyo?” I answered since it was Taemin.

“Snowflake-ah?!” Taemin said cheerfully.

“Ne, waeyo Snowflake oppa?” I asked while we’re still walking.

“Oh, annyeong hikaseyo Bea-ah, Rhiyou-ssi and Sakura-ssi,” Sanghyun said as he bid goodbye.

“Ne, annyeong,” the three of us said.

“Are you with Sakura and Rhiyou?” Taemin asked.

“Ne, waeyo?” I asked again.

“Where are you Snowflake-ah?” Taemin asked.

“I just got out from the Café, wae?” I informed him.

“Nothing. I want you to go to the SMent building and looked for Minho hyung arasso?” he said.

“Ne. I will,” I said as he turned off the call.

“What is it?” Rhiyou asked.

“It’s Taemin. He wanted me to go to the SMent building now and look for Minho,” I said.

“We’ll go with you,” Sakura said and I nodded.

The three of us went to the SMent building. We just walked and walked.

(Amber’s Point Of View)

I asked Dara unni where she was going. She told me everything and she also said that she’ll meet Beatrice, Rhiyou and Sakura there. I also went to the Café that day just to talk to Beatrice. I didn’t expect that the three of them will also meet Dara unni’s brother, Park Sanghyun.

“What is he doing here?” I asked myself.

I hid myself not too far from them but I didn’t mean to eavesdrop to their conversation.

“Omo…I almost forgot, where are the Café Latte noona?” Sanghyun asked his sister.

“That’s why we’re here to explain everything Sanghyun-ah,” Beatrice said.

“Bea, don’t tell me that…”

“Ne…I’m going to tell him,” Beatrice cut Rhiyou from talking since she looked afraid.

“What if he tells it to his friends?” Sakura contrasted.

What was really going on?

“Tell to my friends what?” Sanghyun was already getting confused.

“To be honest Sanghyun, what’s in front of you now is the Café Latte,” Dara unni revealed.

It shocked me for what I have heard. I didn’t expect that Rhiyou, Sakura and Beatrice would be the Café Latte. It struck from that moment. I couldn’t speak and I couldn’t believe it since I never really met them in person.

As I went to  the SMent building, I went to our rehearsal room, the F(x) rehearsal room.

“Unni, what happened to you?” Krystal asked me.

“Yah!” Victoria unni placed her palm in front of my face and moved it up and down.

I was shocked and couldn’t speak. Would I reveal it or keep it a secret? If I reveal everything, Taemin will sure be shocked and Sulli will sure block-mail Beatrice. If I keep quiet, things would just be normal and nothing would go wrong.

“Unni, what’s wrong?” Sulli asked.

Luna startled me since she clapped once and a very loud one.

“Yah, gwenchana?” Victoria unni asked.

“N-ne…” I said as I got back to my senses.

“You look pale. Are you sick?” Luna asked me.

“Aniyo. I’m fine. I just need some air,” I said and started walking going to the rooftop of SMent.

“Annyeong haseyo oppa,” I heard a girls voice near the door of SHINee’s rehearsal room.

As I looked, it surprised me to see Beatrice. What is she actually doing here?

 

(Beatrice’s Point Of View)

“Oh, Bea-ah. What are you doing here?” Onew oppa asked me. I just got in to the SMent building. Rhiyou and Sakura went to the rest room for a while so I was left alone as I went to the SHINee’s rehearsal room.

“I’m kind of looking for Minho, oppa,” I told Onew oppa.

“Ne, waeyo?” as I looked behind me, it was a tall man who was standing and as I looked up, it was Minho.

“Taemin said that I should look for you when I got here. I don’t know why but he just told me so,” I explained to Minho.

“Arasseo,” he said and pulled out a scarf.

It was a big handkerchief and he blind folded me.

“Wait what is this for?” I tried to struggle but I failed.

“You’ll soon see,” Minho said.

I just took a deep sighed and didn’t struggle anymore.

“Oh…oppa!” I heard Rhiyou’s voice.

“What are you doing to her?” Sakura voice came next.

“Wish heart-ah,” Jonghyun oppa’s voice echoed to the room.

“What’s going on wish heart?” Rhiyou asked Jonghyun oppa.

I didn’t hear what Jonghyun oppa said became I couldn’t hear anything anymore.

What was really going on?

 

(Third Person’s Point Of View)

Beatrice didn’t forget that is was their monthsary. She didn’t know what was really going on. As Jonghyun told something to Rhiyou, Rhiyou smiled and she started giggling.

“What is it?” Sakura asked.

“Taemin wants to surprise Bea in their date tonight, for their monthsary is today,” Rhiyou whispered to Sakura.

“Yah! What are you two talking about?” Beatrice couldn’t see anything as she asked the girls.

“Nothing,” Sakura giggled.

“Bakit ka kinikilig? (Why are you giggling?)” Beatrice asked.

“Wala (Nothing),” Sakura replied.

“Yah, what are you two talking about?” Key asked.

“Bea is asking me why am I giggling. I told her that it was nothing Starlight,” Sakura said to Key.

“I hope she gets surprised,” Key whispered to Sakura.

All of them knew what Taemin was planning except for Beatrice. That day was very special for Taemin and he also wanted Beatrice to feel that.

“Come on now princess,” Minho said as he guided Beatrice upstairs.

“Where are you taking me?” Beatrice said as tried to touch her surroundings.

Minho got her hand and held it just to make her safe. Minho was somehow sad but at the same time happy because he knew that Taemin wouldn’t let Beatrice be hurt and unhappy. He also knew that Taemin was becoming a better man because of her.

“We’re here,” Minho told Beatrice.

“What do you mean here? I can't feel anything,” Beatrice said.

Cold breeze touched Beatrice’s face. Minho left her and went to their rehearsal room. Taemin was looking at the city lights. As he turned around, he saw Beatrice. She looked lost and just stood there not too far from him like a kid. He chuckled and went towards her.

He hugged her that made Beatrice startled.

“Taemin is that you?” Beatrice asked as her voice shivered.

“Yes, it is me Snowflake,” Taemin whispered to her ear.

“What’s going on?” Beatrice asked as she broke the hug. “And can I remove this scarf already?”

Taemin chuckled again. He hugged Beatrice for the second time and kissed her on her forehead.

“Happy monthsary,” Taemin whispered as his cheek touched Beatrice’s cheek.

“Happy monthsary,” Beatrice hugged Taemin tighter.

Taemin removed her blindfold and Beatrice slowly opened her eyes. She saw Taemin in front of her and smiled as she sighed. As she looked further, she saw how beautiful the rooftop was. The rooftop was full of lights and the stars could be seen anywhere.

She walked near the spot where she could see the city lights.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” Taemin asked.

“Yes it i…” Beatrice was cut off from talking since Taemin kissed her all of a sudden. “…is…”

She finished her sentence as their lips departed.

“Mianhae,” Taemin apologized as he hugged Beatrice even tighter. “I just missed you so much.”

“Na tto,” Beatrice said as she hugged him back.

She was smiling but couldn’t deny that she’s sad because she was lying to him.

“I want this day to be memorable so I made this,” Taemin said as he looked from Beatrice going to the rooftop.

“It’s really beautiful Snowflake,” Beatrice said sincerely.

“I’m glad that you liked it,” he smiled back and kissed her crown. “Wait, there’s something I want to give you.”

Taemin almost forgot the of his work. he left Beatrice’s side for a while and got himself back with a sunflower on his hand.

“A sunflower,” Beatrice looked at him weirdly.

Taemin chuckled for he knew that Beatrice wouldn’t be surprised by that. His whole plan was working perfectly.

“Come on. Let’s go down stairs already,” Taemin said.

“Where are we going?” she asked but Taemin grabbed her hand already.

“To the dorm of course,” Taemin said as he smiled.

“Let me just go to the rest room for a minute. I’ll meet you at your rehearsal room,’ Beatrice smiled.

“Ok. I’ll wait for you there,” Taemin kissed her on the cheek and left her already.

Beatrice went to the rest room to wash her hands. She didn’t know that Amber was there waiting for her.

“You should be careful you know,” Amber said as she showed herself on the corner.

“What do you mean unni,” Beatrice asked as she looked at her in the mirror.

“I know your secret Beatrice…or should I say Coffee of Café Latte,” Amber revealed.

Beatrice was surprised and looked at her face. The water was still running but she turned it off after.

“How did you know unni?” Beatrice asked the first question.

“The important thing here is, why do you need to lie?” Amber asked.

“You wouldn’t understand unni,” Beatrice said calmly.

“Then make me,” Amber said.

“What if you’re in my position? Would you disguise yourself so you couldn’t be hated? Would you disguise just for the sake of your own identity. I know that many people hated me and I know a lot as well. But I want to do something. Something that would make them listen to me,” Beatrice explained.

“And this is your way?” Amber asked.

“Yes, because this time, just for the first time, I want to speak out what I really feel,” Beatrice’s tears started to trickle but she wiped them off and went out of the restroom leaving Amber.

 

(Amber’s Point Of View)

Her last words stabbed me from my heart. I knew why she’s keeping her identity when she turned into Coffee of Café Latte. Now I knew who she really was. She’s having a hard time dealing with everything since she’s one of the daughters of her family, McGowell.

“I didn’t mean to…” I said as I became alone in the rest room.

As I went out, the SHINee members and the three girls left the SHINee’s rehearsal room. I wanted to apologize to her but I think that this wasn’t the time for me to do that.

 

(Beatrice’s Point Of View)

We arrived at the SHINee’s dorm. Rhiyou, Sakura, Jonghyun oppa and Key oppa went to the living area. Onew oppa went to the kitchen to prepare some food while Minho was sitting in the dining area reading a book.

“Go to the rooftop. I’ll be there in a minute,” Taemin said.

I obeyed him. I was still holding the sunflower when I went there. As I peaked in, I didn’t see anything unusual. It was the same so I went around. I saw another sunflower on the chair and another under the table where the vase was laying on it. Now I’ve got three sunflowers…

“Hey…” I looked around and it was Taemin who just got onto the rooftop.

“I’ve got three sunflowers,” I felt happy as I showed it to him.

“You found them,” Taemin said like he wasn’t even surprised. “Look over there!”

Taemin pointed at the sky and I looked there. There was nothing special…he fooled me again…as I look back to him, I spotted him holding something so I looked at his hand. He was holding a necklace. It wasn’t just any necklace, it had a pendant of Snowflake…

“Yeppeuda,” I said as I gazed on the necklace.

Taemin went to my back and locked the necklace on my neck. As I turned around, I was already holding box and showed it to him.

“What’s that?” he asked.

He took the box from my hand and opened it.

“Bea-ah,” his voice softened and he felt shocked.

He took one of the rings and looked at the carved words inside.

T&B: Snowflake forever

He read the carved words. I got the other ring and took his right hand. I put the ring on his finger and it was a perfect fit. He also did the same thing and I giggled.

“We already looked like a real newlyweds,” Taemin was trying not to smile too wide.

“Yes we are,” I replied.

“Can you promise me one thing, please?” he asked as he looked at me seriously.

“Mwoya?” I asked as I looked at him.

He turned me around and hugged me from the back tightly like he didn’t want to let this moment pass.

“Promise me that we’ll hold on and never to let go of each other,” Taemin said. “Promise me.”

“I faced him from my back before I answered.

“I will,” I said as I smiled.

Our eyes met for few seconds then he slowly moved his head and our lips locked.