Competition

Cafe Latte

 

(Beatrice’s Point Of View)

That was the happiest day of my life. Taemin and I still talked to each other even though I’m only near him. He always put “I love you” and “Take care” whenever he’s saying goodbye to me. He always mentioned our call sign as well whenever he missed me and that’s how I felt his love, his sincerity and trust.

“Bea we’re up,” Rhiyou called me.

It was our comeback stage since our comeback album was released a week ago and our comeback music video was next after three days after our comeback album.

People who loved us were increasing. Then our interviews came next. They were asking how we ever made such great songs. Many people bought our songs already. We’re gaining more popularity than our debut and now, we’re having our world tour.

“What are we doing here?” Sakura asked.

“Today, Lee Soo Man ajhussi will pick the singer couples for the world tour,” Minho said.

“What for?” Rhiyou asked.

“For the romantic part of our world tour performance,” Onew oppa said.

“Ok, take your seats,” Lee Soo Man ajhussi walked in front of us. “I’ve chosen your partners.”

All of us took our seats. I was in the middle of Rhiyou and Sakura. Sulli was beside Taemin while clinging onto his arms. Krystal was beside Minho doing the same thing and she looked persistent in winning.

“But there’s one problem,” Lee Soo Man ajhussi looked at us. “I can’t choose who will be Taemin and Minho’s partners but three are chosen, Coffee, Sulli and Krystal.”

The three of us stood up. Krystal and Sulli were both glaring at me while Minho and Taemin were looking at the three of us.

 

(Third Person’s Point Of View)

Coffee wasn’t nervous whether she’ll be picked or not. Both Krystal and Sulli didn’t want to give way for Coffee. They wanted to be superior to her since Coffee was just their hubae. They also thought that Coffee would let go of it.

“I don’t know if Coffee should be partnered to Taemin or Minho,” Lee Soo Man ajhussi said.

“It would be better if Coffee-ssi will be partnered to Taemin,” Amber said.

“Aniyo. That’ll never happen,” Sulli glared at her unni.

“But she’s also better if she’ll be partnered to Minho,” Soo Young said.

“Andwae! Oppa’s mine,” Krystal said while threatening Soo Young using her eyes.

“Why not compete?” Sugar suggested.

“Whoever wins in the first round will be Minho’s partner and whoever wins in the last round will be Taemin’s partner,” Cream said.

“What happens to the losers?” Donghae asked.

“They’ll compete over Minho’s partner since Taemin gets the highest one since he’s the youngest or Minho will pick one of them,” Coffee suggested.

“I’ll go with your first choice,” Minho said.

“Who will go with Coffee’s first choice?” Lee Soo Man asked.

Almost all of the idols raised their hands. Both Krystal and Sulli looked afraid but they’re not also holding back. They both wanted to win because they wanted to perform together with their loved ones but the only problem was the boys didn’t like them, they’re both in love with someone else. It was just a one sided love for Sulli and Krystal.

“Then let’s begin,” Lee Soo Man said.

The three girls went on stage. Krystal was beside Sulli while Coffee was in front of them. The songs started playing randomly. The idols as audience will be the judge to everything. The girls started doing their thing. Sulli and Krystal were joining forces to beat Coffee but it was their biggest mistake because Coffee changed her routine of dance.

“Oh no…” Sugar said.

“It’s too dangerous for her,” Cream got worried.

“That’s…” Kyuhyun was shocked.

“…new…” Sunny said.

Coffee made new dance moves. She was gonna reserve those dance moves for their comeback performance but she didn’t want to lose as well in this competition.

“Whoah…” Taemin got surprised.

“Someone’s been hiding something,” Key said.

“More hidden talent and I love it,” BoA said.

As the song fade out, Sulli and Krystal were both catching their breaths while Coffee just took a deep breath and closed her eyes and let the air out through as she opened her eyes.

“So who wins?” Lee Soo Man asked.

Everyone pointed at Coffee. Krystal and Sulli have no choice but to compete with each other.

“Now the two who didn’t win will now compete with each other. Whoever wins will be Coffee’s competitor for the last round,” Lee Soo Man said.

“Krystal-ah,” Sulli said since she was getting worried as the song played.

“Mianhae unni but I have to win for Minho oppa and you should too for Taemin oppa,” Krystal said as she dance and so as Sulli.

“Let’s just do our best,” Sulli said as she smiled.

Both of them smiled to each other. Their smile faded away quickly and they became serious for one of them should get the goal. No one knew what they had talked about. Both of them did their best from the beginning until the end. But Sulli won in the end.

“Now, may the best partner wins,” Lee Soo Man said.

Coffee stood up from where she was sitting. The music started playing and she run going to the stage. She made a vertical tumbling and landed perfectly as the explosive sound matched her landing. Sulli was giving her all but Coffee wasn’t.

“You’re going down!” Sulli assumed as she glared at Coffee.

Coffee smirked and changed her last routine that made Sulli lost the bet. Nobody heard what Sulli said to Coffee.

“Your words turned you down,” Coffee teased.

“So Taemin who will you choose?” Lee Soo Man asked.

“I want Coffee to be my partner,” Taemin said.

“That means, Sulli will be partnered…”

“Ani…Krystal can have Minho oppa as her partner,” Sulli cut Lee Soo Man from talking as she walked out and went to her seat.

She didn’t want Minho to be her partner. She only wanted Taemin. Only him and no one else anymore. As they were dismissed, Taemin picked up his phone and started calling Beatrice but unfortunately, she’s not picking her phone.

“Who are you calling Taemin-ah?” Minho asked.

“My Snowflake. But she’s not picking up,” Taemin said.

“I’ll leave first. I’ll meet you guys in the rehearsal room,” Coffee said to her girls since she heard Taemin and Minho’s conversation.

Beatrice’s phone rang again and she finally picked it up.

“Hello?” Beatrice said.

“Snowflake-ah! I have good news for you,” Taemin said softly and sweet as he walked in to their rehearsal room.

“What is it?” Beatrice asked.

As Taemin turned around, he saw Coffee talking to someone on the phone. He suspected something from her.

“I’ve been partnered to Coffee-ssi,” Taemin changed his tone since he was looking at Coffee’s back who was in Café Latte rehearsal room.

“Chukahae! You must be feeling great about it, aren’t you?” Beatrice said.

“Yes. Where are you Snowflake-ah?” Taemin asked.

“I’m in the company right now,” Beatrice lied.

“I see…” Taemin said. “I have to go.”

“Ok bye,” Beatrice said and hang up.

Taemin was still looking at Coffee. Coffee took off her mask and looked at her bag.

“It can’t be?!” Taemin thought as he was surprised to see Coffee’s face. “She looks like Beatrice. Could it be that Bea and Coffee are one?”

When he was about to come closer to her, Coffee’s friends came near her and they started rehearsing.

“What is it Tae?” Minho asked.

“Nothing hyung,” Taemin said.