Feelings

Cafe Latte

 

(Beatrice’s Point Of View)

“Beatrice-ah,” Dara unni called me as I slung my bag.

“Waeyo unni?” I asked.

I heard Rhiyou’s voice calling Taemin. I didn’t mind them since Dara unni wanted to talk to me.

“Anong problema? Mukhang nag-aalala ka mula pa kanina (What’s the problem? You look worried during class hours),” Dara unni said in Filipino.

“Ok lang ako ate. Huwag mo akong alalahanin (I’m fine unni. You don’t have to worry about me),” I smiled and said it in the same language.

“What is it? You know you can always tell me. Maybe I could help you?” she asked.

“It’s really nothing unni. Maybe I’m just pre-occupied,” I said.

“Ok, but if you have something to tell, just approach me ok?” she said as she held my shoulder.

“Ok unni. Thanks,” I said and went out of the classroom.

I went home after. I don’t know why I’m pre-occupied. Maybe it’s because of Taemin’s questions? Maybe not. He just wanted to know more about me that’s why he acted like that…

I dumped my back on my bed as I felt tired already. It was a tiring day for me. I closed my eyes and saw MJ. As I opened them, I sat on my bed.

“Why is he in my mind? Aish…better forget him Beatrice!” I said to myself as I slapped my head not too hard.

I head my phone rang. As I grabbed it, I saw Rhiyou’s name on the screen. She texted me but why?

From: Rhiyou

Message: Could it be that you still like my brother?

I didn’t reply to her message for I don’t want to blurt out the truth. So what if I still like him? Does anyone care?!

I just slept and cleared my mind for I don’t want to confess anything because I know that I’ll be hurt.

The days started to pass one by one. Rhiyou and Sakura were still having their vocalization training in the morning and at night, we went to school. We were getting closer and closer to one another with the KPOP celebrities.

It was getting awkward for me for I’m developing my feelings for Taemin already. I don’t know how but I just felt it.

 

(Minho’s Point Of View)

As days passed by, all of us were getting even closer to the three girls. They took care of us so much. Whenever we need help, they were the ones who were helping us. It’s so much fun being with them but the only thing that was unusual was I’m starting to fall for Beatrice. I know that it was wrong since Taemin liked her and he confessed it to me and to our hyungs as well.

I know that I should get rid of this feeling but I just don’t know how to do it.

“Hyung!” Taemin interrupted my thoughts. “You’ve been so quiet all these past days. What’s happening to you?”

Taemin asked me but I just smiled at him.

“Maybe Minho is in love,” Jonghyun hyung gestured.

“Nuguseyo Minho-ah?” Onew hyung asked.

“Is she in the same campus as we are?” Key hyung asked.

“Aniyo…” I lied and laughed it out.

“Then why are you like that?” Onew hyung asked.

“You’ve never acted like that,” Key hyung said.

“Yah! Who’s in love?” Kyuhyun hyung asked as she passed by the living room.

“Minho-ah,” Jonghyun hyung blurted out.

“Ani!” I raised my voice in disagreement.

“Yah! You wouldn’t be like that except for a girl,” Donghae hyung listened as he was using the computer.

“Yah hyung! I’m not like that,” I said.

“Jinjja?! When was the last time you became silent like that?” Leeteuk hyung asked.

“As long as I remember, I think when he said he like Yoona noona,” Taemin thought out loud.

“Aish…this kid! Jinjjayo?!” I shouted quite loud.

“Yah Minho-ah! Since when did you become impatient?” Key hyung asked raising his voice on me.

“Better keep it cool Minho-ah…Taemin is a maknae…” Onew hyung reminded me.

“Mianhae…it’s just…” I couldn’t continue what I was saying.

“Just what?” Donghae hyung turned his body to look at me.

“It’s just I’m not sure yet who it was,” I sighed.

“You’ll soon figure it out Minho-ah,” Jonghyun hyung tapped my shoulder and they went to their original businesses.

I already knew that Jonghyun hyung liked Rhiyou since he’s a showy type of man. Even though he can't say it in words, he would say it using actions. Key hyung confessed that he liked Sakura. He said that she was funny and very caring.

I don’t know why I liked Beatrice. I just felt and I couldn’t explain it.

“I almost forgot! Taemin’s birthday is coming,” I looked at Taemin and he just blinked at me.

What was he planning for his birthday anyway?

“Omo! You’re right,” Key hyung said.

“Are you planning to invite the girls?” Jonghyun hyung asked.

“Mollayo,” Taemin said as he formed a smile on his face.

“Omo…Taemin-ah is blushing…” Onew hyung said.

Yes, it’s been a month since we knew the girls. The days that were counting became a month already.

 

(Rhiyou’s Point Of View)

My voice and Sakura’s were already fine. We could sing well and we thanked Mr. Sijan about it. We also thanked Beatrice since she did this for us to be part of the KPOP industry. We all know that it wouldn’t be easy for us to get in.

Luckily we haven’t sung in our music class and never danced at our dancing class as well even though a month has passed away.

“So are you all ready?” Beatrice asked.

It was the day of our audition for becoming the next KPOP icon of SM Entertainment or SMent for short. We prepared a lot for this day. Beatrice also trained us in flexibility and in different kinds of dances. She was also the one who made steps for our audition.

“Let’s go,” she said happily.

Our friend never changed. She was still the Beatrice we knew when we were young…

As we were called to the audition room, we formed a line. I was shocked to see the SHINee members next to the judges.

“Annyeong haseyo, we are the Café Latte,” we greeted as we bowed.

Café Latte was the group name we could think of.

“So you’re Coffee, Sugar and Cream, right?” one of the judge asked.

Coffee was Beatrice, I was Sugar and Sakura was Cream.

“Why are you wearing masks?” the first question they asked us.

“Don’t you want to be known as who you are?” the other asked.

“To be honest, we just want to keep our normal lives,” Sakura answered.

“We don’t want to be revealed,” I replied.

“And we don’t want rumors to go all along when we’re in your care in the future,” Beatrice added.

We wore masks because of these things. They never recognized us because of our outfits. We wore mini-shorts, y tops, high heels and high heeled boots…

“Please start,” Onew oppa said.

We started dancing to the beat. The song wasn’t new. It was ‘Magic by Secret.’ Our dance was y hip-hop. I could see their expressions, they were impressed.

As the song fade out, we formed a line again.

“Thank you for coming, we’ll contact you if the results came out already,” Minho oppa said as he was writing the scores.

“Kamsahamnida,” we said and bowed.

We went out of the audition room and started walking.

“We did great,” Sakura said happily.

“I hope so,” Beatrice said like she was worried.

“Don’t worry, we’ll definitely get in,” I cheered her up.

We got in to her family car and took us home. It was a tiring day and month for me  but it’s worth it. I took a rest and slept for few hours.

 

(Beatrice’s Point Of View)

“So how did the audition go?” Mr. Sijan asked as he called.

“I don’t know if we did good or not,” I said feeling uneasy.

“For sure it’s great,” he said happily.

“That’s what Rhiyou said a while ago,” I replied.

“Well, you let me see your last rehearsal right?” he asked.

“Yes but…”

“Your last rehearsal was actually fantastic,” he chuckled.

“Thank you sir,” I said.

“Well, I have to go. You should take your rest now. Bye…” he said and hung up.

It was nice talking to Mr. Sijan. I got home and took a few hours rest. The day was very tiring. I did a lot of effort just to perfect the dance. I trained Rhiyou and Sakura so when we got in, just in case, we won't be going to training anymore.

As I got to school by evening, I saw Rhiyou and Sakura and went towards them. I didn’t know that the SHINee members were behind us already.

“Hey guys,” I said.

“How are you feeling?” Sakura asked.

“Still feeling nervous about the result?” Rhiyou asked.

“What result?” I heard Jonghyun oppa at my back.

As we turned around, we saw them. We didn’t know what to do.

“Nervous about what?” Key oppa asked.

“Ah…it’s nothing actually,” I said so they wouldn’t notice.

“Did something happen to you?” Taemin asked as he got closer to me.

“There’s nothing wrong with her. Don’t worry too much,” Rhiyou covered for me.

“Hey, have you know about the auditions today?” Minho started.

“What about it?” Sakura asked.

“Well, the judges posted the results already,” Taemin said.

“Did the Café Latte got in?” Rhiyou asked enthusiastically.

“How did you know about them?” Onew oppa asked.

“Well, they’re our friends,” I covered.

“Jinjjayo?! Oohh…they’re so good,” Jonghyun praised.

“So did they got in?” Sakura repeated the question.

“Well to be honest, yes, they got in,” Minho said.

The three of us were happy and enjoyed the night for the good news had come. We intertwined our hands and started jumping round and round.

“Well, you look too happy about the result,” Taemin said.

“We’re just glad that they got in,” I said.

We went to the classroom. The three of us couldn’t hide our happiness and the others started asking.

“Your smile is creepy Bea…did something happen?” Leeteuk oppa asked.

“Nothing oppa. I’m just happy,” I covered because I’m afraid that they will know everything.

“Yah, why are you that happy?” Dara unni asked again the same question.

Rhiyou and Sakura looked at me and they’re giving me a hint to tell it to Dara unni.

“I’ll tell you later unni,” I replied.

“Yah, you’re being unfair…” Leeteuk oppa said. “Why are you telling her and to me you’re not telling it?”

“Mian but I can't really tell you oppa,” I pouted and made a cute puppy face.

“Arraseo,” he finally understood.

“Kamsa oppa,” I said and smiled.

As the last class ended, I packed my things and slung my bag after closing it.

“Beatrice-ah, Taemin wants to talk to you,” Minho said.

“Where is he?” I asked looking confused.

“He’s in the garden,” he replied.

“Why is he there?” I asked again.

“I don’t know…” Minho shrugged and went out of the room.

I couldn’t find Rhiyou and Sakura anymore and so as Jonghyun oppa and Key oppa. What’s going on? It was weird for me to know that they were gone.

As I reached the garden, Taemin was sitting on a bench near the fountain.

“You wanted to talk to me?” I asked as I got closer to him.

“Nae…there’s something I want to tell you,” he stood up from where he was.

“Mwoya?” I asked in his language so he could understand me more.

“Nan johahae,” he was looking at me in my eyes and he was serious.

“You’re kidding right?” I asked.

He didn’t answer my question but I was surprised when he moved from where he was standing and went towards me. It shocked me for a few moments. He kissed me without hesitation and it was my first.

As our lips departed, he looked at me again.

“No,” he answered. “Naneun saranghamnida.”

I felt something in my heart as I heard him say those words. He just didn’t like me but he also loved me. It made me smile.

“Waeyo?” he asked.

“Aniyo…” I answered. “Na tto sarangahae.”

“Jinjja?” he asked as he felt happy.

I nodded while looking at the ground. In a few seconds, he hugged me. He surprised me but I felt happy.

“If I’ll court you, will you let me?” he finally asked.

“Mwo?” he stunned me for a few seconds.

“Will you let me be your suitor?” he asked again.

It took me a few seconds more to answer his question. I thought it through because I don’t want to regret everything.

“Nae,” I gave him my gentle eyes as I answered.

A warm smile was next and he hugged me for the second time. As I looked up, I saw Rhiyou and Jonghyun oppa. Omo…Jonghyun oppa kissed Rhiyou!!!

“Where’s Sakura and Key oppa?” I asked.

“Key umma should be proposing right now,” he checked his wrist watch as he checked the time.

I heard his phone rang but it was a message tone. He was smiling and looked up to the rooftop.

“Waeyo?” I asked.

“Jonghyun hyung and Rhiyou-ah are a officially a couple,” he smiled at me while giving the details.

I knew that there’s something going on with them but Rhiyou wouldn’t tell me about it…

 

(Sakura’s Point Of View)

I went to an empty room. Donghae oppa said that Key wanted to see me but I just don’t know why. He just told me to go to the third room of the third floor. When I got there, I opened the door and went inside.

“Hello…is anyone here?” I shouted not too loud. “If you wanted to talk to me Key, just say it.”

I said and the lights suddenly opened. To my surprise, I saw Key behind the door and he closed it.

“What is it that you want to tell me?” I asked him as I was getting nervous.

I liked Key from the very start but I don’t know if my dreams will gonna happen. What was that? To be with him…

He turned off the lights and I couldn’t see anything because of full darkness inside the room.

“Where are you?” I asked as I looked around.

“Will you listen to what I will say?” he asked as I heard his voice around the room.

I kept silent to know that I’m ready to listen.

“I like you,” he started and I felt my heart pumping fast. “I don’t know why but I just do. It was very strange for me at first but now I’ve realized that it was more than that.”

Is that the reason why he kept on approaching me?

“Those flowers that were sent to you, those flowers came from me,” he confessed.

I didn’t know…I was shocked to hear it…but was that the reason why he asked to get my complete address?

“That’ so sweet,” I murmured.

“Now that I found it out myself, I realized I love you,” the last sentence he said.

“Mwo?” I asked in shock.

I heard some footsteps but I never expected that it was him going towards me, going to kiss me. It was unexpected…it was good…it was warm…and the last thing, I felt his sincerity…

As our lips departed and as I opened my eyes slowly, I could see his face clearly in the dark.

“Would you be my girlfriend?” he finally asked.

I couldn’t say anything because he kept surprising me. I don’t know what to say…

“Maybe I’ll think about it first,” I finally gave him my answer.

“That would be great,” he smiled at me and we went out of the room together. “I’ll be waiting.”

 

(Beatrice’s Point Of View)

That was the day that Rhiyou and Jonghyun oppa became a couple. It was 21 of June. Taemin courted me. He gave me flowers, we dated and had so much fun together. By July 7, we became a couple while Sakura and Key oppa were in a relationship in July 8.

Rhiyou, Sakura and I were always happy when we’re with them. Everything was magical in that moment but we kept something from them.

“Your photo teasers will be shot by tomorrow morning and so as your recording for your debut album,” our manager said.

Our manager at that time was Ms. Witherfield. She knew everything about us and that includes our real identities as daughters of Tres Grandes.

We were in the sub building of SMent in the Philippines when she said that. Every time we went there, we always wore our masks and our whole different outfits like we became different persons.

“Annyeong haseyo Café Latte,” the SHINee members greeted.

We always have to act like we’re not that close to them. We always ensure that when it comes to work, the love lives should not become a bothersome to all of us.

“Annyeong haseyo sunbae,” we greeted.

Whenever we’re in the sub building, the SHINee and the Super Junior members were always there to take care of us and look for us.