A New Beginning

Cafe Latte

 

(Beatrice’s Point Of View)

Last night, I had so much fun knowing the celebrities. They were not that bad at all. I thought that they’ll be rude but I was wrong.

I woke up by morning and it was nine. As I got in to the bathroom to take a bath, someone knocked on my bedroom’s door outside.

“Who is it?!” I shouted for the person to hear me.

“My lady, Lady Rhiyou and Lady Sakura are downstairs,” it was John who was outside of my bedroom.

“I’ll go down there. Let me just prepare myself,” I said and he closed the door.

After preparing, I went down stairs to greet the two of them.

“Good morning,” they said in cue and they were smiling.

“Good morning,” I greeted as well.

“So tell us who became your ideal-best friend?” Sakura asked.

“I don’t know yet but I’m thinking Minho,” I said. “How about you guys?”

“For me it’s Taemin,” Rhiyou said.

“I think it’ll be Leeteuk oppa,” Sakura said.

We continued our conversation and stopped when someone knocked on the door. As we all turned around, I smiled and stood up naturally on my seat.

“Mr. Sijan! It’s so nice to meet you again,” I said as I walked towards him and hugged him.

“You too Beatrice,” he hugged me back.

As we both broke the hug, he looked at Rhiyou and Sakura sitting on the couch.

“Good morning sir,” they greeted.

“Are they the girls you’re telling me?” he asked and I nodded.

“Yes sir. Their voices weren’t that good but if they will be trained, their voices will be good and pleasing to hear,” I said.

“Can you sing for me first before we start the vocalization?” Mr. Sijan asked Rhiyou and Sakura.

They sang their favorite songs but Mr. Sijan wasn’t pleased with their voices. They started the vocalization when Mr. Sijan made them stopped. I was there listening to them.

This will be the start of a new journey for all of us, not just as friends but as a team as well.

Hours passed and they all went home to prepare for school. I wore my clothes for school and took my bag. I went out of the house after eating my dinner. I hopped in to the family’s car and went to the school.

I saw some of the celebrities walking at the side of the road.

“Can you pull over, please,” I said and the driver pulled over.

As we got closer to them, I pulled down the window by its handle.

“Wanna ride?” I asked them and they smiled at me.

“Nae…” Taemin said.

It was the SHINee members who I saw and they went in to the car.

“Are you always going to school using this?” Onew oppa asked.

“Nae oppa waeyo?” I asked.

“You’re really rich aren’t you?” Jonghyun oppa asked.

“Not really. It doesn’t matter for me if I’m wealthy or not,” I said in a low tone.

“You don’t like being that wealthy?” Key asked.

“Aniyo…” I answered. “I just want some attention and feel that I am loved.”

 

(Taemin’s Point Of View)

Her last sentence echoed to my mind. I didn’t know that she wanted attention and to be loved. I know that I have that with my hyungs but I never felt it with a special someone in my life.

“Did you ever had someone special in your lives?” Beatrice asked but we all shook our heads.

“I don’t know how it felt,” Minho hyung said.

“We never did,” Onew hyung answered.

“If we’ll have a chance to feel it, for me, I wanted to make it last,” I said.

I looked at Beatrice and she seemed happy about my answer. My heart was pounding wild and I don’t even know why. I looked away and looked at my hyungs. They seemed sad and worried.

Am I starting to like her? Am I starting to fall for her? It’s just been a day since we met and I felt comfortable with her already. Am I starting to be happy because of her?

“Beatrice-ah, could you possibly like someone?” I asked an awkward question.

I don’t know why I became curious but I just really want to know…

“Nae…but that person was long gone. He never look at me the way I looked at him so I just give up on him,” she gave me a small smile and felt sad.

It probably hurt her that much…

We arrived at the school and we walked up stairs and I still approached Beatrice.

“So where is he now?” I asked.

“He’s in states studying the course he wanted,” Beatrice replied and bowed her head a little.

I didn’t ask her anymore since she’s feeling sad about it. I didn’t know why I asked questions like that. We arrived at our classroom and sat on our seats. As moments passed, the others came and the first period started.

Our teacher, Mr. Cleyne Kent didn’t discuss about his subjects. He just introduced some of his famous things he did in his classes and he made us comfortable so that we won't be awkward when he’s discussing. All of us were happy. I just caught myself looking at Beatrice. Why am I looking at her? I just want to be close to her but I think I’m falling for her already. I just want her to be happy.

“Yah Taemin-ah, who are you looking?” Minho hyung distracted me.

“Do you like someone from them?” Key umma asked.

“A-aniyo…you’re talking nonsense hyung,” I laughed so they wouldn’t catch me.

“Aish…this kid…” Key umma said.

“You’re keeping secrets from us now eh…” Minho hyung glared at me.

“That’s not true hyung,” I blurted out in a low voice.

“You don’t have to explain anything Taemin-ah,” Jonghyun hyung was eavesdropping from behind.

“Hyung!” I turned my back to face him.

“What’s happening there Taemin-ssi?” Mr. Kent asked.

“Aniyo sonsaeng-nim,” I stood up and bowed my head. “Jeosonghaeyo.”

It was embarrassing since Beatrice was looking at us. Not just her but the whole class. Aish…my hyungs are getting me into trouble so much…

As  the class dismissed, I packed my things and closed my bag then slung it on my shoulder.

“Taemin-ah,” I looked at Rhiyou who called me.

“Beatrice-ah,” I saw Dara noona called Beatrice.

“Waeyo unni?” Beatrice asked.

I heard their conversation but I never understood a single thing.

“Waeyo Rhiyou-ah?” I asked as Rhiyou came closer to me.

“So have you tried to talk to her?” she asked.

“Nae…but I think I hurt her feelings,” I said.

“Waeyo? How?” she asked looking shocked.

“I didn’t mean to ask her about who is the one she liked,” I replied.

“Then?” she asked again.

“She said he’s in states and taking the course he wanted,” I answered.

“Aish…this kid…Babo yah…” Rhiyou made an angry expression.

“Waeyo? What did I do?” I asked her.

“Of course she doesn’t want to talk about him…don’t ask her about that or she’ll get hurt even more! Do you want to hurt her more and more?” she asked me angrily.

“Anijji!” I said with hand gestures.

“Then make it right!” she tapped my shoulder and smiled at me.

“I will next time,” I said and smiled as well.

I went out of the classroom and never spotted Beatrice. Maybe she went home already…