Focus

Cafe Latte

 

(Beatrice’s Point Of View)

Our world tour started. All of us were busy and we didn’t have much time to talk to each other. I missed my girls. Rhiyou, Sakura and I used our cellphones to message one another. We couldn’t talk face to face since we’re stuck with our partners. SHINee and Café Latte didn’t have any group performance since Lee Soo Man ajhussi decided to pair us for the romantic performance.

Our world tour lasted for five month. We’ve been performing and rehearsing different routines. Although we didn’t have much time to sleep, we enjoyed working with our partners but something happened when we’re in Barcelona, Spain.

“What are we doing here?” I asked Taemin since I was still Coffee.

“Tell me honestly…” he looked at me and he’s so serious.

“Tell you what?” I laughed off.

“Neo, take off the mask,” he commanded.

“Mwo?” I got surprised.

“Take off the mask,” he repeated.

“Wae?” I asked.

“Could it be that you’re my Snowflake?” he looked at me as he moved his face forward to mine.

“Aniyo. Why would you think that?” I was getting nervous at that time.

“Coffee-ah!” I heard Rhiyou’s voice.

As I looked around, she was with Jjong oppa.

“Yah, wait for me,” Sakura voice was behind her.

What’s going on? Why was Key umma with her? Could it be that we’ve been caught?

“What do you want to know?” I asked Taemin.

“Just take off the mask, that’s all I want,” he said as he crossed his arms under his chest.

“Fine,” I said and slowly took off my mask.

He got surprised and so as Key oppa and Jjong oppa. Rhiyou and Sakura did the same thing.

“Wish Heart-ah…”

“Star Light-ah…”

“Snowflake-ah…” the three of them said.

“Mwo?” Rhiyou, Sakura and I said as if we didn’t know who were they.

We pretended that we’re not the girls they liked. Mianhada Snowflake-ah… But they took a closer look on us. They were disappointed by what they have seen.

“No…”

“It’s not them,” Jjong oppa and Key oppa said.

“Can we put our masks again?” Rhiyou asked.

“Nae,” Taemin said. “Mianhada.”

He then went off together with the other SHINee members. Before we go home from Barcelona, we did a special performance as Café Latte. We performed our new song for our upcoming album.

As we got home to Seoul, my father called.

“What is it dad?” I asked.

“Our company became successful Bea. We’re going to Seoul for meeting,” my father said happily.

“Why?” I asked.

“We’re going to have a collaboration with SM Entertainment for the merging of the two companies,” my father said.

The Russell Corporation and the SMent will be joined as one soon?!

“T-that’s great dad,” I said as I lowered my tone.

“Ok, I’m hanging up now sweetie, bye..” my dad hung up.

“Who called you?” Sakura asked.

“It’s my father,” I replied.

“What did he say?” Rhiyou asked.

“The Russell and the SMent will be merging,” I confessed.

“Mwo?!” both of them got shocked.

I was also surprised when my father said that to me. will the SMent agree?

We had a week to prepare for our upcoming album. The day of our performance had finally arrived. Taemin and I didn’t talk a lot anymore. I felt guilty for not telling him the truth. But I knew that if I told him the truth, he would be more anxious.

The host called us from the backstage. We’ve been interviewed before performing. The audience liked us very much. Our appearance didn’t let them down.

“Let’s give it up for Café Latte!!!!” the host said and we went to our positions as the audience clapped.

Our three minute performance was done. We bowed and went beside the host.

“Wow, that’s a different performance! We’ve been seeing different performances from you guys as your albums are released every time,” the host praised us.

“Kamsahamnida,” we all said.

“I wonder who is the choreographer of your dance. Can you tell us?” the host asked.

We all smiled and looked at each other.

“To be honest, we only have one choreographer,” Sugar said.

“Nugu mwonde?” the host asked.

My girls pointed me.

“Chincha?!” the host got shocked.

“Nae,” Cream said.

“Then who’s writing the songs?” the host asked again.

“Sugar and Coffee,” cream replied.

“Whoa… so talented,” the host said as he smiled.

“But all of you can dance, rap and sing, nae?” the host asked.

“Nae,” we all said.

“Can we hear a sample?” the host requested.

Rhiyou rapped Minho’s part in Live Like Oxygen, she took the high notes in Replay and dance the whole song of Juliette. Sakura rapped Key and Minho’s part in Amigo, she took the low notes in Love Like Oxygen and danced Replay. I sang the whole song of Last Gift, took the rapping part in Love’s Way and danced the whole song of Amigo.

We got the attention of the audience. They were amazed by our talents.

“Did you memorize those choreography?” the host asked.

“Aniyo,” Sakura said.

“We just took a look on it,” Rhiyou answered.

“What do you mean by “you just took a look on it” Sugar-ssi?” the host got confused.

“She meant that we just watched the whole choreography of it once or twice,” I answered.

“Whoa…you’re truly amazing! But we need to say goodbye now,” the host bid farewell.

“Annyeong?” the three of us said.

As we went to the dressing room, I quickly picked up my phone to check some messages. Taemin messaged? That’s new…

            From: Snowflake

            Message: Come to the restaurant near the Kirin Art University.

Wae? Is there something wrong?

“Rhiyou-ah, I’ll go first,” I told her.

“Wae?” Sakura asked.

“Taemin messaged me. He wanted me to meet him,” I said.

“Arasso, better come back early,” Rhiyou smiled.

“Arasso,” I said.

I changed my clothes and removed my mask and face paint. I went out of the dressing room as I wore my shades. I then went to the said location.