Busy Days

Cafe Latte

(Beatrice’s Point Of View)

Everything went according to my plan. Rhiyou, Sakura and I woke up by morning before the SHINee members did. Sakura will go to the bathroom to take a bath while Rhiyou took care of the breakfast and I would make our beds and went outside to exercise.

Whenever I got back to the dorm, I will be the last one to take a bath and prepare to go. Once, we finished, we’ll leave the dorm and went to the building.

“I’ll go to the music room to compose some music for our next album,” Rhiyou said as we walked inside the SMent building.

“That would be good,” I said. “I’ll train Sakura and teach her the steps afterwards.”

Rhiyou nodded and we departed ways. I trained Sakura using the warm-ups.

“Bea…it hurts!!!” Sakura cred.

“You have to endure it,” I replied to her complain as I walked around the room.

I was a bit harsh to Sakura for I knew that she needed to be more flexible like us. After her one hour warm-up, I taught her the steps. I moved slowly so she could get the steps well.

“Let’s take a break for a while,” I said as I finished teaching her the steps until first chorus.

“How could make such difficult moves?” Sakura groaned.

“Because I don’t just want to reach the netizens expectations. I want them to be amazed by us,” I explained to her.

“Do you think it’ll work?” Sakura asked worriedly.

Hey, I’m back!” Rhiyou shouted as she entered the room.

Sakura and I looked at her. Sakura looked while she was still lying on the floor taking her rest.

“So what now?” Rhiyou asked.

“Are you done with the songs?” I asked Rhiyou.

“Well…yeah,” Rhiyou answered.

A knocked was heard on the door. As we looked, we saw Ms. Witherfield.

“Hey guys I just want to ask if you need to hire a composer for you and a choreographer?” Ms. Witherfield asked.

“Aniyo. We’re good,” I said.

“Besides, we already have a choreographer and a composer,”  Sakura added.

“Nugu?” Ms. Witherfield asked as she looked at us.

“Coffee and Sugar,” Sakura replied. “Coffee is the choreographer and Sugar is the composer.”

Sakura explained further.

“Then who wrote your whole debut album songs?” Ms. Witherfield asked as she got shocked.

“I composed our song in our music video,” I said.

“The other two was hers as well while the rest was mine,” Rhiyou added.

“And Coffee choreographed the whole dance for our music video,” Sakura explained some more details.

Our manager was somehow surprised and nodded slowly.

“I can't believe I became your manager…I felt overwhelmed to work with such talented girls,” our manager praised and we giggled.

“Annyeong haseyo,” a group of boys greeted.

As Ms. Witherfield looked at her side, she saw the SHINee members and we also looked at them.

“So what are you doing?” Taemin asked.

“We’re rehearsing,” Sakura replied.

“Did you hire a choreographer already?” Jonghyun oppa asked.

“And also a composer?” Key oppa added.

“Aniyo,” Rhiyou and I chorused.

“We already have our choreographer and composer,” Sakura said.

“Nugu?” Onew oppa asked.

“Coffee is the choreographer and Sugar is the composer,” Sakura answered.

“Jinjjayo?! Oh…daebak!” Minho praised.

“Coffee-ssi, if you have time, can you teach me the dance moves from your songs?” Taemin asked.

“Sure. Do you want me to teach it to you now?” I asked him.

Rhiyou and Sakura were shocked about what I’ve asked. I knew that we’re in the middle of training but I thought that Taemin wouldn’t last.

“So do you wanna try?” I asked another question.

Taemin nodded and I started teaching him the dance moves.

“Ok…one…two…three…four,” I counted as I showed him the steps.

He was dumbstruck as he saw how hard the steps were. As I looked at the other members of SHINee, they were also shocked.

“Well?” I asked Taemin.

“Can you show it to me one more time? Just make it slow,” he requested.

I did what he asked for. I moved step by step so he could come up with me.

“One…two…three…four,” he counted as he did the steps.

“Shall we move on?” I asked and he nodded.

“Is that the steps for our upcoming album?” Rhiyou asked.

“Ne, waeyo?” I asked her.

“Nothing. It’s just a piece of cake for me,” Rhiyou smiled.

“Yeah…so easy that you can never utter those words again on the latter part of the dance,” I warned her.

Rhiyou gulped and felt nervous. I knew that she would complain a lot once she saw the whole dance.

“Let’s move on,” I said.

“Wait,” Taemin made me stop. “Can you show me the whole dance so I would know how it was done?”

“Ok,” I said. “Sugar, can you turn the music on?”

Rhiyou obeyed what I’ve said. She the music and I danced to the beat.

“My gosh,” the first complain that I heard from Rhiyou as she saw the dance.

“I know,” Sakura said.

“It’s…”

“…so…”

“…HARD…” the SHINee members said.

I saw Taemin’s reaction. His jaw got dropped. I smirked and almost laughed but I stopped it. Hehe…they didn’t know how I worked things out. Now, they’ll get the unexpected!

“So are you ready?” I asked him after I finished dancing the whole song.

Taemin gulped as he moved closer to me.

“Yah! Why aren’t you rehearsing your dance for your upcoming album?” I heard a man’s voice near the door.

“Manager hyung,” Onew oppa got shocked and we looked who he was referring to.

“Annyeong haseyo ajhussi,” the girls and I greeted.

“Annyeong? Mianhada for interrupting you Café latte,” their manager said.

“Gwenchanayo, they’re not even disturbing us,” I said.

“They’re just here to learn our dance,” Rhiyou added.

“And we’re glad to teach it to them,” Sakura smiled.

“Jeongmal mianhae,” their manager apologized.

“Hyung, we’re done rehearsing our dance for our upcoming album,” Taemin said.

“Jinjja?” their manager asked. “Can you show it to us?”

The SHINee members danced their song in front of us. I nodded since I find the moves  very easy to memorize.

“Can you repeat your dance again?” Sakura requested as they finished their dance.

SHINee repeated their dance and as they finished, Sakura, Rhiyou and I looked at each other.

“So what do you think?” Minho asked us.

“It’s too easy,” Rhiyou mocked.

“Well it is. I just rehearsed that in three days,” Taemin said.

“But we didn’t need to practice that,” Sakura said.

“Wae?” Key oppa asked.

“Because we know it already,” I said.

“Would you like us to dance it in front of you?” Rhiyou asked.

“Ok guys, that’s enough. You still need to rehearse for your upcoming album. SHINee, leave them for a while,” Ms. Witherfield said.

The SHINee members left and so as their manager. We continued rehearsing and we finished everything in a week.

Our interviews came. We were interviewed from KBS World, KBS 2, SBS, TVN, Weekly Idol and many more. At first, the SMent president, Lee Soo Man wouldn’t let us but as we explained, he finally gave us permission.

“So let’s welcome, Café Latte!!” the MC said as he mentioned our name.

We did a performance and after that we took our seats.

“So, how’s the life of being the new Icon of KPOP world?” the MC asked.

“Well, it’s fun even though it’s very tiring,” Sakura replied.

“Did you make friends already?” the other host asked.

“Nae…” Rhiyou answered.

“Would you like us to let them in?” her partner asked.

“Nae,” I replied.

The other KPOP idols came in and we were shocked to see all of them. We unexpectedly stood up from our seats as we saw them. Rhiyou, Sakura and I hugged them.

“Oh…it’s a sweet reunion,” the girl host said.

“But wait, some are missing,” her partner said.

“Nugu?” the girl MC asked.

“The Tres Grades’ daughters,” the guy host said.

“The girls were very busy so they couldn’t make it,” I said just to cover everything.

“Don’t worry, we’ll see them later,” Rhiyou put the white lie.

“We’ll bond together as sisters again,” Sakura added.

“Oohh…looks like you’re really close to them aren’t you?” the girl MC asked.

“Ne.” we replied together.

When the show was done, I suddenly bumped into someone and I didn’t know who it was.

“Mianhae,” I said as I bowed in front of him without even looking into his face.

“Gwenchana,” he said.

As he spoke his voice looked familiar to me.

“Hogshi…” I said and looked up. “Sanghyun-ah…”

“Oh…Coffee-ah, annyeong haseyo,” he greeted as he smiled.

“Ne…na tto,” I said as I bowed again.

“Oh…Be…Coffee-ah,” Dara unni called me and I was startled.

She almost revealed who I was. She was the only one who knew everything about me, Sakura and Rhiyou.

“Sanghyun-ah, have you met them?” Dara unni asked.

“Ne…she’s a friend of mine noona, wae?” Sanghyun asked.

Park Sanghyun was the brother of Dara unni. We became friends since he knew that I was also a friend of Beatrice which was a lie. It only means that he didn’t know anything.

“Unni, does he know?” I asked Dara unni.

“Ani…wae? Do you want me to tell it to him?” Dara unni responded.

“Tell me what?” Sanghyun asked.

Dara unni and I accidentally looked at each other. I blinked my eyes twice before making up my mind.

“Tell me what?” Sanghyun repeated his question.

“Maybe we should tell him,” Dara unni pleaded.

“Let’s meet together somewhere together with the girls,” I said.

“Who are you talking about?” Sanghyun asked.

“I’ll tell you later,” Dara unni dragged her brother and left.

“Annyeong Coffee-ssi!” Sanghyun bid goodbye as he looked back.

I also bid goodbye and when I turned around, I was startled to see Amber unni.

“Unni, you scared me,” I said as I took a deep breath.

“Mian,” she said. “I was just wondering if Beatrice would come today.”

“Ne, waeyo?” I asked curiously.

“Nothing. It’s just…I want to ask her something,” Amber unni said.

“I’ll tell her that you’re looking for her,” I said as I smiled.

“Coffee-ah!” I heard Rhiyou’s voice so I turned around.

“Oh, waeyo?” I asked.

“I heard that you talked to Park Sanghyun-ssi,” Rhiyou couldn’t hide her happiness.

“What about him?” I asked weirdly.

“Pwede mo ba akong ipakilala sa kanya? Gusto ko siyang makita ng personal (Can you introduce me to him? I wanna meet him),” Rhiyou giggled.

“Huwag kang mag-alala. Makikita natin siya ngayon (Don’t worry. We’ll meet him today),” I said.

Rhiyou and I started walking to our dressing to pack our things. Amber unni suddenly got into my head. She caught me getting worried, worried about us getting caught. What if she found out? Will she reveal everything or keep silent?

(Amber’s Point Of View)

I heard Sanghyun-ssi and Dara unni talking to Coffee-ssi. I became curious since Dara unni talked to Coffee like they were very close.

“Unni, you scared me,” Coffee got startled because of me.

“Mian,” I said. “I was just wondering if Beatrice would come today.”

“Ne, waeyo?” Coffee asked curiously.

“Nothing. It’s just…I want to ask her something,” I said.

“I’ll tell her that you’re looking for her,” she said as she smiled.

“Coffee-ah!” Rhiyou came near and Coffee turned around.

“Oh, waeyo?” Coffee asked.

“I heard that you talked to Park Sanghyun-ssi,” Rhiyou couldn’t hide her happiness.

“What about him?” Coffee asked.

I walked away since I couldn’t understand what they were talking about anymore.

“Unni, where have you been?” Sulli asked.

“I just walked around,” I made an excuse.

“Noona, is Beatrice really coming?” I heard Taemin’s voice from the door of our dressing room.

“Ne, waeyo?” I asked.

“Nothing. I wanna surprise her since it’s our first monthsary,” Taemin said and left happily.

As I looked at Sulli, she’s starting to have fire in her eyes. Looking at her, I could clearly see her emotions getting mixed, her sadness and anger.

“Sulli-ah, it would be better if you will let him go and be happy with Beatrice-ssi. He’s happy with her already,” I said.

“I’ll let this pass since I know that in the end, Taemin will soon be mine,” Sulli said as she turned around from me and left together with her things.

What she said gave me a hint. What did she mean by “Taemin will soon be mine”? Is she planning to…? I hope not…