First Day

Cafe Latte

 

 

(Beatrice’s Point Of View)

I went to school by morning. I was alone at the classroom. I was always early since I didn’t want to be late, as always. I always wished my friends were here since I missed them so much.

It was the start of the school year and I was in my fourth year high school. My uncle was the principal of the school where I was studying while I became the student council president and the president of the class.

My family had a business called the Russell Corporation. They’re starting to build it and negotiated to some of our friends. I kept asking them who were they but they wouldn’t tell me.

“Hey, have you ask your father about it?” I heard a familiar voice as she entered the room.

“Yeah, but he won’t tell me who is it and why?” the other entered.

I was surprised to see the two of them. I felt happy and at the same time felt awkward. Why were they here? I thought they won’t be back for this year.

“I thought you won’t be back for this year?” I asked both of them and they were startled to hear my voice.

“I thought, no one’s…” the curly hair said.

“Here?” the wavy girl continued.

As they turned around, they saw me at the corner of the room. They were both shocked. I stood up from my chair and walked towards them wearing a smile on my face.

“It’s been a while, isn’t it?” I asked as I stopped in front of them.

“Bea…” the wavy hair said.

“It’s been a while,” the curly hair said and hugged me.

“Bogo shippeoso,” I said as I broke the hug and smiled to both of them.

“Nado,” the way hair said.

The curly hair formed tears on her eyes. I chuckled since she’s still our youngest and the immature one. She’s Rhiyou Kinuei Eissej McCain, the only daughter of their family. She had a brother named Mark John McCain. He was studying in states taking up Civil Engineering. The wavy hair was Sakura Kylhie Nicole Gatherfield. She’s the only child in their family. Her parents were both working and they have business all over the world like Rhiyou's family and mine as well.

“Do you know what they call us?” Sakura asked.

“Mwoya?” Rhiyou asked.

“They call us Tres Grandes,” I answered.

“Why Tres Grandes?” Rhiyou asked.

“Because our families we’re the leading group when it comes to business and needs,” Sakura explained.

“It might be rude but it’s true,” I said to them.

“I know but I don’t think it’s appropriate,” Sakura said.

“They are the ones who gave name to our families so why worry?” Rhiyou asked.

“True but it’s still…” Sakura couldn’t finish her words.

“Still what?” Rhiyou asked.

“It’s kind of high…they think that we rule this country or the world because of our businesses,” I thought out loud.

“Well that’s what I’m trying to say,” Sakura said.

“But…” Rhiyou couldn’t finish her sentence since the bell already rang.

“Are we in the right room?” Sakura asked.

“Let me see your registration card,” I asked for their registration cards and they gave me one.

I scanned the registration card and I was kind of happy because they were my classmates for the whole year.

“Take your seats. The class will start soon,” I said to them as I approached my seat.

“Are we in the right room?” Rhiyou asked the same question.

I nodded and I smiled to them.

“You’ll be my classmates for the rest of the year,” I said as I took out my book.

The room became crowded since the students started to come inside the room. Our teacher came last and he was holding a piece of paper together with his things. He looked around and spotted me, Rhiyou and Sakura.

“Ms. McGowell, the principal wants to talk to you. He said to bring two of your friends,” our teacher instructed.

What for?

Rhiyou and Sakura were as puzzled as I was. The three of us didn’t know what was going on.

“Hurry up,” the teacher said as he became impatient. “And bring your things as well.”

We went to the principal’s office together with our things. We all looked worried and at the same time asking ourselves as well.

As we knocked, his assistant opened the door for us. We went inside and placed our bags on the ground. I was scanning the place and spotted my uncle sitting on his working chair. He turned his chair around and looked at us.

“What is it uncle?” I asked the principal.

“Uncle?” the girls said on cue.

“Since when?” Sakura asked.

“He’s uncle Kim. The one I’ve been telling you since we were young. I told you that he owns a school remember?” I told them.

As they were scanning the things I told them behind their brains, their eyes widened.

I guess they remembered it just now.

“Mian if we forgot about it,” Rhiyou said.

“It’s been so long and we can't remember everything in the past,” Sakura said.

“Just a few,” Rhiyou added.

“It’s ok,” I said as I smiled to both of them.

I turned my gaze to my uncle again.

“So why did you call us here uncle?” I asked him once again.

“You’ll be shifting to night class,” he said straight.

Night class? But there’s no night class in this school.

“What do you mean?” Rhiyou asked.

“I thought there’s no night class in this school,” Sakura blurted in a calm manner.

“Well there isn’t but we’ll have it for this year only,” uncle said.

“For this year only? But why are we included?” I asked.

“Because you’ll be the one to handle them,” uncle pointed out.

Us? Going to handle them? Who were they?

“Them? Who’s them?” Rhiyou asked.

“Celebrities,” uncle answered.

I’m not liking this…

“Celebrities from Korea,” uncle added. “K-POP celebrities to be exact.”

“O…mo…” Sakura said.

Rhiyou’s mouth was hung open because of what she had heard. I gulped the moment I heard it. It will be unusual for me since I’ve never handled any of them from the past years.

“It would be better if you’ll take a rest for now and come back later at six in the evening,” uncle instructed.

“That sounds good for me,” I said and picked up my bag.

Rhiyou and Sakura also picked theirs. We went out of his office and I took a deep breath.

“I always wanted to see them,” Rhiyou giggled.

“I wanna work with them,” Sakura frowned.

Sakura’s words echoed to my mind while we’re walking to the hall way heading to the ground. I almost forgot that I scanned something in the internet about auditions for the company entertainments.

“Why not try an audition?” I suggested.

“Are you kidding me?! I don’t even know how to sing!” Sakura complained.

“Me too,” Rhiyou said in a sad tone.

“Then we’ll train first before entering to an audition,” I said in a happy tone.

I knew that all of us wanted to be part of the KPOP world but we just didn’t want to know what will happen next if that happened.

We head home. As I got home, I picked up my cell phone and called a voice trainer I knew. He was the one who trained me when I was young.

“Hello,” he answered the call.

“Hello Mr. Sijan. It’s me, Beatrice,” I introduced myself.

“Oh, Bea! Why did call? Is there something wrong?” he asked.

“Actually, I kind of need your help,” I said while biting my lower lip.

“What kind of help can I offer you?” he asked again.

“I was wondering if you could train two of my friends. We’re kind of planning to go to an audition next month,” I said to him thinking he would agree and take the opportunity.

“Sure. When do you want me to start?” he asked with a pleasing tone.

“Can you start tomorrow morning?” I asked.

I hope he takes it…

“But you have your class on morning right?” he asked.

“The head of the school changed the schedule for the three of us. He said that we’ll handle students at night,” I explained.

“Ok, morning it is,” I was glad that he approved.

“Thank you so much,” I said and hung up the call.

The next thing I did was text Rhiyou and Sakura. I told them the good news and that they’ll start their training by tomorrow morning in our house.

My parents were busy taking care of the new business we’re having, the Russell Corporation. They said that two more families will be with that company for negotiation. I wonder who will be those two families are?