~ It’s Fate that Playing with us ~ Chapter 6~

It's Fate that Playing with Us

-One year later-

Opening the door, Yuri sees Tiffany massaging on Donghae’s hand again. He placed a bag of apples on the table. Holding on her shoulder, “Tiffany, shouldn’t you go home have a rest. You’d stay here for a week; there are still lots of thing that needed you to look after.”

Tapping on his hand, Tiffany shook her head, “I know you’re trying to say I’ll get sick. I can still handle this.” Pulling up the comforter, she forced out a smile, “Secret Garden has you and Hyoyeon there’s not a need for me to worry…”

“What about Hwang Holdings? It’s been almost a month you did not go to work.” Yuri turned her around in order to talk to her face to face, “You intend to continue like this forever?”

Swinging off his hand, “Doctor said Donghae will awake in this two weeks time, I’ll stay here until he awake.”

“What if Donghae doesn’t awake? You remain in this condition forever?”

‘Knock knock’

“I’m sorry if I happened to bothering the both of you,” the doctor apologized. “It’s time to have a check up on Donghae, will you all please exit the room.”

“I’m sorry,” Tiffany lowered her head. “I don’t mean to put on my anger on you, but if wasn’t me…”

Seeing her on the verge crying again, he pull her into his hug, “Little girl, it’s been a year you’d blaming yourself. He’ll be alright.”

Suddenly, the nurses in Donghae’s ward running out aggressively. Tiffany stood up hoping there’s someone answer her, “What happen?”

Yuri calms her down, “Maybe she’s in a rush getting equipment, don’t worry.”

Three minutes later, the doctor let Tiffany and Yuri enter the ward. Stepping into the ward, Tiffany somehow feels bad as the doctor face expression seems to have a bad news.

“Miss Hwang, we’d tried our best,” the doctor lowered his head. “Through out the year, Lee Donghae shi’s condition had been gone up and down. With your agreement, we put a testing treatment on him; however, his condition was unstable. We thought it might be the indication of him awakening. But…”

Tiffany emotion uncontrollably pushes the doctor and shouts, “Didn’t you say the treatment could heal him? Why isn’t him awaking?”

Yuri pull her back, “Tiffany listens to the doctor’s explanation first. So what’s this suppose to mean?”

“The fact is, Donghae shi brain had damaged completely. With his current condition, true his heart is still beating. But there won’t be a day he’ll awaking.” The doctor explained. Continues, he say, “We’re now just using the medical equipment to keep him alive. Once that tube which support him air remove,”

Pushing away the doctor, Tiffany hugged on Donghae’s body, “No, he’ll not leave me alone.”

“Whether you want to keep him relying on the medical equipment to live on or end his time being a lifeless body here, it’s up to you all. We’ll respect your decision.”

Walking over to Tiffany, Yuri tries persuading her, “Tiffany, it’s pointless. Donghae can never awake anymore. Don’t make him relies on the equipment.”

Crying sadly, Tiffany rested her head on Yuri’s chest, “Yuri oppa…why is this happening to me. Donghae…”

-

Placing the specs on desk, he leans on the swivel chair and closed his eyes for some rest. A knock on the door, he sees his dad approaching him.

“Taeyeon, shall we have dinner now?”

Looking on his watch, it’s already ten. “I didn’t know I’d keep my dad starved for three hours.” Turning off the computer, he takes his blazer from the coat stand, “Why didn’t you call me earlier.”

“Knowing you’ll not leave not until this time, that’s why I didn’t want to waste my energy,”

A smile formed on his face, “Where are we having dinner at?”

“Home,” he turned to Taeyeon. “Right, heard from Changmin, your heart ain’t feeling very well lately. Have you done a check up?”

“Don’t worry,” he placed his arm around his dad, “I’ll take good care of myself. Perhaps, next week I’ll be doing a full check up.”

“I’m glad to hear that…”

Taeyeon smiled. Getting into the car, he then took out the necklace in his blazer pocket. He touches on it and filled himself in thoughts.

As Kim brings up a conversation, he turns to Taeyeon when there is no reply from him. “Taeyeon…” staring on the necklace in his hold, “Such a delicate necklace, newly bought?”

Placing it back into his pocket, he shook his head, “No, I found it somewhere on the ground.”

Kim frowned disbelievingly, “If it’s for girlfriend just be frank, I won’t mind.”

“No seriously not,” Taeyeon tried to explain.

-

“Mr. Kwon,” Yuri turned around to see the doctor stood behind him. “Two years ago, Donghae approached me and telling that he would like to donate every useful part in his body once he’s dead. This is the letter regarding the donation.”

Having hold on the document file, Yuri look into the ward where Tiffany holding tight on Donghae’s hand. “I’ll speak to her…”

He nodded his head, “The final decision is with her. We’ll respect her decision.” Placing his hand on Yuri’s shoulder, “By the way, once Tiffany agree to remove the air supporting tube from Donghae, the hospital party will not take charge of removing it and his relative will responsible in doing so.”

Walking into the ward, “Tiffany, have you think about it?”

She nodded her head, “I know, he doesn’t want to be in this condition.” Noticed the document Yuri holding, “Donghae told me before, he would donates every part of his body is it could help others.”

Handing it to Tiffany, Yuri said, “The decision falls on your hand.”

Picking up a pen, she signed on the letter and a drip of tear dropped on it. Within a minute, the doctor entered the ward. Yuri told the doctor that Tiffany had agreed to remove the air supporting tube.

Yuri walks towards the machines with tubes attached with Donghae’s body. As he was about to reaches his hand to the tube that keeps Donghae alive, Tiffany grabs hold on his arm.

“I’ll remove it myself,” Tiffany tried hard holding back her tears. Taking out a jewelry box from her coat’s pocket, she opens it to reveal a diamond ring in it. “Donghae, saranghaeyo…” she wears on the ring and gradually removes the air supporting tube. Her tears uncontrollably flow down on her face from her pair of hazel eyes.

-

After answering a call, Taeyeon turned to his dad and apologized, “Dad, I need to make my move as our company biggest client had just arrived and I need to have some preparation.”

“Be careful son…” not being able to finish his sentence, Taeyeon had already disappeared from his sight. He sighed, “Did I make a mistake to let him take over the family business?”

Walking out from the elevator to the exit of the seven stars rated hotel, Taeyeon’s pace gradually slow down. He brought up his hand and pressed hard on his chest as if unable to breathe. Sweat gradually formed on his forehead and he was frowning in pain.

Changmin reached his arm to Taeyeon’s, “Young master, are you feeling okay? It’s your heart aching again?”

On the next second, Taeyeon fainted falling on floor. Changmin immediately called the ambulance and Taeyeon was rushed into the hospital to undergo a heart transplant surgery immediately. He was lucky enough for being able to find a suitable heart for his transplant surgery.