9: Unforgotten Past

Idol Fixer

 

I felt alone. As if my body was plunged into a deep dark ambyss without any air to breath. My children's faces appear in front of me. I try to reach them yelling calling their names tears going down my eyes, but they just turned away. They started to disappear as they grabbed their dad's hand leaving me in the darkness alone and scared.

"JAKE! ADALIA!" I screamed loudly as I sat up with tears streaming down my face. I felt hands land on my shoulders to hold me down as I continued to scream. In panic I thrashed around to be let go while I screamed my children's name in panic. I need them. My babies. They got taken away from me.

"Roxy! Calm down!" I heard Jr's voice as I felt him pull me into a tight hug. My head rested against his chest as his arms wrapped around me protectively. I finally opened my eyes to see that I am in an infirmary room. "It's ok. Shhh! It's ok!" He said comforting as he rubbed his hand on my back soothingly.

"He took my kids." I sobbed out. I felt Jr's hands tightened around me as his body shook.

"Who took them?" His voice cracked as he breathed out softly. He is trying to keep his cool for me.

"Their father." I spoke softly as I pulled away looking at Jr straight in the eyes. "His name is Matt. Matt Baker." I sighed looking down at the bed I was sitting on in fear. Thinking about my past. My heart ached so much. I felt a warm hand under my chin forcing my head up to look up. Jr looked at me with worry as his hand moved to my cheek it softly.

"Now would be a good time to let it out." He whispered. "You can't be holding it in. For the sake of Jake and Adalia. Tell me. Please Roxy. Please let me be in your life." He begged making me look down again.

Can I really let out my past to him? An international idol? I looked up at him again to see worry plastered all over his handsome features. I lifted my hand to his cheek. Jr lifted his hand up putting it over mine as if keeping my hand there. As if I would disappear. He closed his eyes and sighed then looked at me.

"I'm worried about them to. Please let me. Don't hold it in anymore. Stop holding everything in." At his words I simply nodded sitting up straighter.

"Where do I start?" I asked confused on how I should tell him.

"Who is Matt? What happened to you guys that you broke up."

"I told you. Matt is the twin's father." I breathed out not liking to repeat myself. I sighed again knowing this is a waste of time. I need to get my kids now.

"So what's wrong with the twins seeing their father!"

"THEY CAN'T SEE HIM! HE IS A BAD PERSON! THEY CAN'T BE NEAR HIM! THAT'S WHY I NEED TO GET THEM NOW!" I screamed as I went to get up, but Jr only held me down.

"CALM DOWN! YOU'RE NOT THINKING IT THROUGH, ROXY! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO RUN AROUND OUTSIDE UNTIL YOU FAINT AGAIN. YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE HE IS AT!"

"BUT I CAN AT LEAST TRY! HE WILL FIND ME! HE HAS GUARDS EVERYWHERE LOOKING FOR ME. I KNOW HE DOES BECAUSE I ALMOST DIED ESCAPING FROM HIM!" I yelled as my mind went back to my past. Tears going down my face. Jr just stayed quiet and looked at me in shock. "Matt is the son of a big mafia that was in Texas. When his dad died he took over. When I met him....he wasn't like that..I loved him." Jr looked at me as if saying to go on. I already started might as well finish. I sighed as I ran my hand through my black curly hair. "We met when I was 17 years old. It was the start of my senior year in a new high school at a new state. Matt would always try to hit on me, but I always turned him down. You know my personality is super strong. ha." I chuckled sadly as I looked down. "It eas the middle of my senior year when Matt and I slept together. We were fighting because we got partnered up for school. He went over my house to finish it up. While we were fighting he just grabbed me and kissed me. One thing led to another and that happened."

I looked up to see Jr stiffen as envy and anger emitting from him. I felt nervous to keep going I just looked down. Why would he be like that for that reason? He should know that is how Jake and Adalia came into this world. Jr looked at me then nodded motioning me to continue.

"Our relationship got better after that. I'm not saying we were dating or anything, but we didn't fight as much. I found myself falling in love with him. Everytime he was around me I blushed and my heart would race." I went on explaining. "After a few weeks I noticed something wrong with me. I felt nauseous all the time then I would crave the wierdest things. In panic my friend made me take a pregnancy test. It was positive. I was scared. I went three months keeping it to myself cause I was so scared. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to run away. Maybe live with my sister or brother knowing they would help me after they question me. I wasn't smart back then. Finally after 4 months finding out myself my mother figured it out. She noticed my morning sickness, my stomach growing really big , and my wierd cravings. When I finally told her she took me to the doctor where we found out I was having twins. My mother kept telling me to tell the Father that he needed to be in the childs life, but I didn't want to cause it was a one night stand."

"Did you tell him?" Jr spoke quietly as he refused to look at me.

"Of course!" I said almost offended. " When I told him we argued because he said it wasn't him cause we were protected, but condoms only work 99% of the time. Idiot thought I was on birth control. We fought for 3 days nonstop whenever we saw each other. He spreaded rumors around the school that I was a lying . Only a few friends chose to stay by my side through my pregnancy. Matt just watched me from afar with worried eyes. Then the day I gave birth to Jake and Adalia he visited me."

*********

"What are you doing here!" I yelled as I noticed Matt at the door. He breathed heavily as he stared at my worn out body on the hospital bed. I just gave birth to the twins and I just want to sleep. Why is he here?

"We have twins?" He said almost not believing as he looked at me in the eyes. The tears coming down softly.

"NO! I have twins! You have nothing!" I yelled in rage as I glared at him. After everything he did to me he just wants to watz into our lives like if nothing happened.

"I helped make them!"

"Yes make them! That doesn't make you thier father! When I told you you wanted nothing to do with them, you douche! You weren't with me every step of the way.You weren't here when I named them. You didn't hold my hand at all. To think that I actually loved you!" I growled as tears went down my face.

"You loved me?" He spoke softly as he looked at me with disbelief.

"LOVED! Past Tense, ! You adandoned us! You don't deserve to be in our lives!" I yelled as I cried. "Get Out! I don't want to see you! I don't want you near my kids!"

"I DID ALL THIS TO PROTECT YOU AND THE KIDS!"

"GET OUT!" but Matt ignored my yells as he moved towards me grabbing my hands as he held me down on the bed leaning over me. I stared up into his bright blue eyes and black hair to only have tears running down my face. I struggled to get out of his hold as I kept sobbing.

"Roxy please!" He begged as his lips came on mine. I refused to kiss him back as I struggled out of his grasp. He wouldn't let go. He held me as his lips stayed over mine. After a while I finally kissed him back. Oh god I still love him. My hands went up his chest and around his neck as I pulled him down closer.

**********

 

"Ok! So you made up! So what happened that it led to your break up!" Jr hissed sounding mad. I flinched at the sound of his angry voice. What is up with him?

"I let him back in our lives. He told me that he would take care of us that he would never hurt us again." I snorted as I shook my head. "That was bull. Matt was there with us taking care of us, but I noticed he would leave for hours at a time then come back tired and worn out. He always told me he was working I believed it really was, but I was wrong. I called his job it turned out they never heard of him on top of that later that afternoon when he came for lunch to visit the kids he got a text message. I couldn't help it when he wasn't looking I read it to see it was a woman almost begging for him to come back that her body missed him. When he came back home I confronted him. The twins were about 4 years old around this time. They were the happiest kids in the world. Just at age 4 their lives changed so much that they will always remember."

***********

"I'm home!" Matt yelled as he stepped through the door. I looked up at him as I sat the phone down softly. Matt looked at me confused as he came in. "Where are the kids?"

"In their rooms!" I answered back softly as I looked up at him with hatred. "Where were you?"

"Working? Why?" He looked at me with a 'are you serious' face as he moved towards me. His black hair in a shaggy mess as his bright blue eyes stared at me almost angerily. I got up and looked up at him. He was taller than me by only a little bit I came up to his shoulder so I was facing his muscular chest.

"Really because I called your job. They said they never heard of you!"

"Why you calling my job. Don't trust me, babe!" He growled as his eyes turned darker. He grabbed me by my shoulders. I looked at him with wides eyes.

"Are you cheating on me?" I growled. After a few moments of silence I spat in his face. "You bastard you sicken me. We have kids twins that are still young does that mean anything to you? Everything we went through when we were first together mean anything to you. That day in the hospital when you kissed me when you told me you were an to protect us mean anything to you!" I got my hand free and slap him across the face tears streaming down my face.

"You don't know anything! Don't ing mess with me, you . Why don't you be a good ing mommy and stay here with the kids and don't go into my life."

"Well if you want that then you can just pack your pack your bags and leave. Never come back." I hissed as I went to walk away, but he grabbed my hand and pulled me angerily towards him. "Let go of me!"

"There is no way in hell I am letting you leave. See you to pretty to be out there I need to protect you and the kids."

"No you don't! We need to protect ourselves from you! Now let go of me. You cheating bastard." I shrieked as I went to pull away, but he didn't let me go.

"SHUT UP!" He yelled as his fist came in contact with my face. I fell down holding my bruised face with tears coming down. I looked up at him in shock. "WHAT I DO WITH MY LIFE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU! SO I AM WITH SOMEONE ELSE WHO ING CARES! YOUR JOB IS JUST TO STAY HERE AND TAKE CARE OF THE KIDS UNDERSTAND ME! DO YOU UNDERSTAND!" He yelled in my face as he picked me up from the ground and shook me. I felt his spit land in my face.

******************

 "After he yelled in my face he left the apartment slamming the door behind him. That same night I told my kids to pack their bags. We were leaving." I said I felt myself shiver in fear as I remembered the memories. "What I didn't know was that Matt had men watching us while he stormed out. To make sure we didn't leave. I found out who he really was the hard way." I breathed out my voice shaking in fear for this is when my bad memories start. "When I finally got everything packed I left with my kids on each hand out of the apartment. His men stopped us right before I could even get close to my car."

*****************

"What are you doing? Get out of my way!" I hissed angerily as I held on tight to my children's hands. I can hear Adalia and Jake whimper in fear as their hold got tighter on my hands. The black suited men in front of us looked at us with a glare as they just studied us. 

"We were given orders to keep you here." One of the tall men spoke darkly as they stood in front of me letting me know that I won't get past them. I glared at them angerily as my heart panged heavily in fear. 

"Who the told you that! You can't keep me hear!" I growled furiously. 

"Our boss."

"And who is your boss?"

"Your boyfriend." With that my eyes widen in pure fear. What is going on? Why would Matt be?? "Now may you please go inside and stay there with the children. We wouldn't want to resort into violence."

"Are you threatening me!" I growled as I narrowed my eyes at him angerily. My kids looked up at me in concern they are seeing most likely the tears going down my eyes. My heart was racing in pure fear. Fear for my safety. For my kids safety. I couldn't believe that Matt would actually put us in danger. 

"We are only doing this to protect you. Boss has ordered us to watch over you and the children and to make sure you don't leave." 

"Protect me from what? Because right now the only protection I need is from you!" My voice cracked as my feelings of fear betrayed me. 

"Make your way back inside now. It would be best." He explained as he and the four other men came closer to me with a threatening atmosphere. I looked down at my children's scared faces. 

"Jake. Adalia. Remember the big tree you love to play in?" I whispered as I bent down to their level hoping the mafia men can't hear me. My kids eyes widen in fear as they shook their head slowly yes. I looked at them with courage and determination praying they will take this as a signal that everything will be ok. "When I say run I want you to run as fast as you can over there. Don't look back and Don't stop until you get to the tree." 

"We won't leave you!" Adalia spoke up in determination as she looked at me with hard blue eyes. Her courage is masking her fear. I look at Jake looking at his sister with fear then at me with tears in his eyes. He mumbled out mommy softly letting out his fear. 

"Jake take your sister away. Protect her." 

"What are you talking about? I told you to go back inside and stay there." The man growled as he grabbed my shoulders squeezing it tightly. I flinched in pain as I looked down at my kids then at them. If this is Matt's doing then I don't want to be near here. Either way I don't. I want my kids to be happy in a good life. I will do anything for them to escape this even if it's my life. 

"No!" I said rebelliously narrowing my eyes at him not breaking any eye contact. The men looked at me in shock at first then angerily. The man got in my face breathing hard in rage. His black eyes not leaving mine. 

"If you know what's good for you and the kids you would go inside and be a good girl." 

"Over my dead body!" I spat in his face as I glared. 

"That can be arranged. The boss can keep his kids without having the mom around." He growled as he grabbed my arm and twisted it behind my back. I cried in pain as he slammed me against the building wall. My head vibrated in pain as my vision went in and out. "Go back inside, . The boss gave us permission to do whatever I want to keep you in.Even if it means that your body is dead. hahaha." He laughed along with the men behind him against my ear. I groaned in pain as I attempted to let out a breath. What kind of man did I have children with? I thought I knew him? Loved him? Now...

"Mommy! No! LET GO OF MOMMY!" I heard Adalia yell as she ran to the man hitting him with her little fist tears streamed down her eyes as she continued to hit the man. 

"Get off of me, brat!" The man yelled angerily as he pushed Adalia so hard that she fell to the ground. Adalia cried out in pain as Jake ran to her in panic. Her tears coming down her eyes as she looked up at the man. Her hands covered with blood and dirt from the impact with the ground. My eyes widen in disbelief. "Get the kids inside." The man yelled again as the men moved closer to my kids and with that I snapped.

"Jake! Adalia! Run!" I yelled as I struggled against the wall. The man pushed me harder against it. 

"No! Mommy! I Won't Leave you!" Adalia yelled as she stubbornly stood her ground glaring at them. I turned my body sharply to face them as I tried to pull forward,but the mafia man pushed me back against the wall only this time my back hitting it as he held my arms above my head. 

"JAKE! ADALIA! RUN NOW! LEAVE ME HERE!" I yelled as tears streamed down my eyes. I paniced in fear. 

"NO!"

"JAKE TAKING YOUR ING SISTER OUT OF HERE! I DON'T WANT YOU HERE! IF YOU STAY HERE MOMMY WILL DIE." I yelled. I saw as my kids face went into horror then Jake grabbed his screaming sister and ran. 

*******************


"I out right after I saw their little bodies running in a good distance away. The men tried to grab them, but I got to them first. My world went black at that momment." I sighed. "I woke up by feeling the drops of water landing on my face from the rain. I was on the ground and I was in pain. I looked up into the night to see the bodies of them men lying their covered in blood. I was so scared when I looked down to see I was covered in blood, cuts, and bruises. I remember lifting my hand up in horror to see the gun on my hands.I ran as fast as I could to the tree I told my kids to hide at. I didn't stop no matter how much I wanted to fall down. When I got to them I cried in relief to see their huddled figures holding each other under the tree in fear. Jake was awake holding his worn out sister in his arms protectively. I got to them and took them to the car. We drove away to here in California with no looking back. Ever since then we weren't the same."

Jr looked at me in silence as I finished talking about my past. His face expressionless as he looked at me with his dark eyes. He lifted his hand softly placing it on my face. I felt his warm thumb wipe my tears from my face. I closed my eyes softly as I leaned into his hand taking in the comfort and before I knew it. I was pulled into a tight hug. I leaned into him taking in the hug as my eyes closed in comfort. Tears went down my eyes in sorrow. Jr ran his fingers through my hair in comfort as I cried into his chest.

"My babies! He took them." I sobbed again as I held onto Jr. I stopped when I felt my phone ring in my pocket. In haste I picked it up thinking and praying it would be them. As if answering my prayers I hear the cries of my kids. 

"MOMMY!"