The task

Idol Fixer

 

"Jake. Adalia. Get in the car!" I said in haste as I unlocked our black honda pilot. The car beep echoed through the empty parking garage that is only filled with unoccupied cars.

The whole way here I kept feeling as if someone was following us. I at first ignored it thinking I am just paranoid, but then I saw the man's shadow move behind us while we walked to the car. Adalia and Jake immediately open the door and jumped into the backseat staring at me with worry through the window as I moved the suitcase's behind the car standing there looking as if I am going to open the back. I felt the man's presense behind me as I saw through the windows reflection his hand coming out to touch my shoulder. Not wasting time I immediately grabbed his hand twisting it to his back as I slammed him in front of him into the back of the car. I heard my kids cheered happily as the man groaned in pain. 

"Why are you following us?" I hissed angerily next to his ear as I moved my head to get a closer look at his face. He is middle aged Korean with brown hair I remember seeing him with those other men and the arrogant bastard in the airport.The middle aged man groaned yet again in pain as I pressed him harder against the car. "You were with that bastard! What do you want!" I yelled in Korean thinking he didn't understand english. 

"Your help! We need your help, please." He breathed out in Korean his cheek pressing hard against the car window. I narrowed my eyes at him angerily as my hands tighten on his hand and the back of his neck. 

"Help with what? What can you possibly need my help in? Who are you?" I growled angerily as I pressed him tighter against the car. He had the audacity to follow my kids and I as if it was nothing. They are only five. What can he possibly need my help? Why me?

"Mommy! Your hurting him!" I heard Adalia's small voice echo. I turned my head to see her and Jake standing beside me with worried eyes. 

"Didn't I tell you go in the car?" I yelled. Adalia shook her small head as she sighed. 

"Your hurting him, Mommy! He not hurting us!" She said as if stating that he won't hurt us. Ugh! Why do I feel like she is scolding me. 

"Mommy! Hear him." Jake spoke as he and Adalia looked at me as if begging. These kids. I sighed in defeat as I pulled away from the man letting him go. He breathed out in relief as he turned and faced me with a small smile. 

"Get in the car. Both of you! please!" I said softly as I looked at them tiredly. They nodded softly and sadly as they went back in the car closing the door behind them softly. I sighed as the door closed. What were they thinking? What if there was a real danger? Ugh! I shook my head not even wanting to think of that. I looked back at the man to see him studying me with curious eyes. "What did you want?"  I asked going back to speaking in Korean. 

"I speak english." He simply said speaking in a heavy accent. I nodded my head urging him to continue as I crossed my arms. He cleared his throat a little uncomfortable as he stuck out his hand. " Hi I am Nu'est's Manger." He said his name, but it was to complicated to remember. 

"What?" I asked confused. "Who is Nu'est?"

"They are the young men you ran into a few minutes ago. The man that you yelled at happened to be their leader, Jr. Well I am there Manger." I looked at him confused. So I was right those men were a famous Korean band. 

"What do you want with me?" I asked still confused on the matter. Here the manger of a famous Korean band just looks at me with begging eyes. 

"We need your help to convert Jr back to his oldself. He was never like that. Over the years fame has gotten to him. He is becoming worse and worse no one knows how to help him go back to his oldself." The manger said still looking at me with begging eyes. I looked at him confused as I cocked my head to the side. 

"What does this has to do with me?" 

"I believe you are the only one that can help him."

"Me?!? Why me?" I said out loud bewildered as I stepped back in shock. What the hell is going on here?

"The way you talked back to him as if not afraid of him shocked him completely. He has never been talked to like that not only that almost all the girls that don't know him fall for him for his looks. So this was the first time a woman wasn't affected by his looks or fame. It made him angry and shocked. I and the rest of the guys in the band really believe with your personality you can help him back to his old self. We are only in town for a month to do concert promoting around California. I ask if you would come with us and stay with us for the month helping him, Please!" The manger begged as he bowed down. This is to much. 

" This is insane! There is no way I would do that! I am sorry but no!" I said out loud as I shook my head walking to the drivers door of the car. I can see my kids staring at me with worry. The man made a small noise in anxiousness as he ran to me. 

"Please! Ma'am We need this! If Jr doesn't go back to his old self the members talked about disbanding and leaving the music industry." The manger begged as he put his hand on the door handle as if keeping me from opening it. I looked at him annoyed now as I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"Why me! Why can't you find someone else! I can't do this! I have children to think about! And why would I help you!" I yelled as I glared at him angerily. 

"We can't get someone else because there is something about you that made Jr's arrogant smirk drop. After you left he stayed quiet as if he was thinking he didn't have his arrogant smile up at all even when girls confessed their love for him. You seemed to impact him. You must care for a bit to help. Please you must help us. Not for him, but for the fans out there that are in love with this group. If Nu'est disbands it would devestate the fans and Jr. Jr used to be so into his music and he loved it. We know he is still in there. We need your help please. Please at least try." He begged yet again. I looked at him and sighed. I want to help I really do, but I can't. I have to think about my kids. 

"I'm sorry. I can't I have kids to think about now." I said as I looked at him apologetically as I sighed. My brown eyes stared at his eyes with sympathy. I can see his desperation for help, but I can't do it. One I can't drag my kids into the world of international fame. Two I don't even know if I can even help the Jr guy. And three I am scared that if I do this and it works at what price I would have to pay. 

"We would do anything! Pay you! Take care of the kids! Anything! Please! It is still summer and school hasn't started yet they can come everywhere with us. We will hire security guards to protect yourself and your children. We will make sure they are fine and comfortable as well as you. You can make this like a memory for them that they will never forget. They will have fun I swear to you! We will do anything!" The manger continued to plead as he looked at me begging.

I bit my bottom lip in frustration as I looked at my kids inside the car then at the man. My brows furrowed as I thought hard. Can I do this? Will they have fun? I know it will beat always being at home and going to the beach. I looked inside the car again to see that Adalia and Jake climb to the frontseat of the car opening the door slowly making the man and me back for  them to come out. We looked at the two brown haired five year olds curiously as they got off and walked to me. They looked at me and smiled softly as they grabbed my hands. Their blue eyes shining with excitment. I couldn't help, but laugh softly as I shook my head at the situation. I know they want to do this they want to help, but they want me to say it. They know I want to help to. They are encourageing me to do this. It's like their saying that it will be right thing to do that we will be fine. I shook my head again. These kids....

The Manger looked from me to the kids in confusion. I looked at him and smiled softly as I bent down to my kids level kissing their cheeks. Jake and Adalia giggled knowing I understood what they were trying to say. I looked at the manger from down at my kids level as I wrapped my arms around my little gifts from heavan. 

"Looks like they decided for me." I laughed at myself as I shook my head again. " We will help you!" I said with determination. The manger's eyes widen with excitement as he thanked us promising that he will take care of us. 

We were prepared to help Jr back to his oldself. This is how we got into the life of Kpop international fame with not intention of going back until we finish our goal. Jake and Adalia will have a summer that they will never forget. This is going to change our lives forever.