Temps

Guk

Doojoon needed to think and for that he needed rest. So he went home and slept fitfully. After his class, Kikwang stopped by a grill to get some food for Hyungseung. Ah, student life. At home, they ate while playing games. So  the days went and Kikwang's time was soon up. He went to see Yoseob to wrap some loose ends and Hyungseung's parents to let them know he was leaving soon. One evening, Doojoon took him to a restaurant that had just opened with promises of having his palate clamor for more after eating the food there.

Over dinner they spoke of all and nothing before Doojoon asked Kikwang, "Did I do wrong?"

Kikwang frowned, "What do you mean? I am loving my food. It is exactly as you said"

"No, no. I mean did I do wrong in edging Dongwoon out of your life?"

Kikwang put down his cutlery carefully. "First of all I have never seen you second guess yourself. You are very self assured, so why this doubt? Second, you give yourself way too much credit. Honestly, this was between Dongwoon and I. He did not have the courage of his convictions...no. Let me rephrase, I was not worth it and I accepted that. So you are fine. Stop dwelling and enjoy this frighteningly expensive meal, you are paying for."

But Doojoon did not want to let this go. Deep down, he finally accepted he messed up. All along, he had not been after his friend's happiness. He had been after having the upper hand, no matter what. Part of him wanted to blame Dongwoon, but this was on him. They ate their meal and resumed talking shop. But Doojoon's mind was still working over time.

"Can the wheels stop turning, puh lease?!" Kikwang finally snapped. He was about to say more when he spotted a golden head way behind Doojoon. He did not need to see the front to know it was Dongwoon. He was also having dinner with a lovely brunette. She seemed very familiar. It came to him, Uee. Kikwang let his look linger for a while on Dongwoon before resuming his meal. Doojoon was looking at him sheepishly as he apologized for not giving him his full attention. When done, they left and Kikwang made sure not look behind him.

That weekend, he and Hyungseung went to the market. Hyungseung had gone his way while he went to look at caps. He was struggling to get one at the top, while the vendor was occupied, when another hand reached from behind him and plucked it with ease. He turned around with a sunny smile to thank the person and his smile froze. Did Dongwoon have to look this good? They were at a market for goodness' sake and here Dongwoon was in his cut offs, loafers and an easy tee. He pushed his aviator glasses to his hair.

"Thank you,"Kikwang said calmly, "I still have not grown an inch apparently"

Dongwoon gave a small smile, "That's fine. I always liked you the way you are". His candidness, threw Kikwang off. Then he added "Walk with me".

Kikwang and Dongwoon walked around the market not saying anything.