Dire

Guk

Dongwoon stood there waiting to be castigated but Kikwang simply turned around. He was about to go after him when Doojoon grabbed his arm.

"Don't go after him. I think you have done enough" 

Dongwoon was about to argue then finally just nodded. Doojoon found Kikwang in one of the rooms. He was standing by a window hands in his pockets.

Doojoon walked up to him and stood by him without saying anything. They both stared at the view for some time. The bright lights in the night were really lovely. Then Kikwang asked, "You knew didn't you?"

Doojoon did not play stupid, "I did not know he would take it this far. I promise. Let me take you home Kikwang". That one did not not answer but after a while he simply said, "Alright. Dongwoon has a backdoor to his condo so we can leave with no fuss" Doojoon nodded as Kikwang continued, "Let Hyungseung stay though. I don't want to ruin his fun."

They both left and Doojoon knew Dongwoon had to be watching from his monitors but he did not come after them. Doojoon stayed with Kikwang till he fell asleep. He did not rant or rave or anything. Doojoon was worried but Kikwang reassured him he truly was fine. He only needed a good night's rest and went to his room for it. Doojoon remained in the living room pensive.

Doojoon was gone by the time Kikwang woke up the following morning. He found Hyungseung knocked out on the couch. He smiled thinking how peaceful he looked. He was still in clothes from last night so Kikwang removed his head band at least. For some reason he really felt energized. He did not have to be at the studio for another 4 hours but he decided to leave anyway.

Doojoon was very bleary eyed when he got up and still jet lagged but he did not let that deter him. After cleaning up, he met with Dongwoon at a cafe. They were in a booth when he demanded, "What was the point of that little piece of theatre last night?"

"Are you serious? You got what you wanted so why did you call me over here?" Dongwoon demanded, still standing up

"To find out how far you thought you could go and to tell you to stop"

Dongwoon faced him fully as he sat down, then  he said, "You knew Kikwang was behind me."  It was not a question but Doojoon still answered as such, "Yes"

Dongwoon shook his head in awe, "You are very cunning. You were wily when we were kids but your deviousness truly surpasses mine".

Doojoon tried to defend himself, "Well it was a charade after all"

"Whatever Doojoon. I am done. You won. I am not at Kikwang's side like you wanted and I am not even going to fight Yoseob on his search for potential investors. In fact, I will recommend some"

Doojoon looked up at him, now really perplexed, "Why are you acting all down and trodden. This was just a challenge for you and now I bet you will be on to the next one"

Dongwoon did not speak for a while then he said, "I really feel sorry for you Doojoon. Last night I felt like such a loser but you just reminded me right now, who the bigger loser was. Brunch is on me" He said as he threw a wad of bills on the table and walked out.

Doojoon was still trying to understand what Dongwoon meant.

Doojoon had to talk with Junhyun about his new single so he went to the studios when done with his meal. After his meeting with Junhyun, he went to the dance studio. Kikwang was hard at work. When class was done and the trainees trickled out, Doojoon walked up to him. Kikwang was sweating and finished a bottle of water at a go. When he saw Doojoon, he smiled, "Hey, what brings you here?'

"You" he answered matter of factly. Kikwang smiled. It was not as luminous as before, but it was still sincere as he asked, "Can I know how long you are going to fuss, so I can know how long to avoid you?"

Doojoon drew closer and passed Kikwang the towel he had asked for, "If you need a break after last night, Yoseob will understand, you know"

"I know but I discovered I love dancing and need to keep dancing to stay sane. Yes, it is too soon after last night but I have to go on, Doojoon because thoughts of Dongwoon are eating my head, you see."

Doojoon did in fact see. Then Kikwang announced, "After this debut, I am leaving Doojoon hyung"

Doojoon smiled sadly, "You must really mean it if you are using honorifics"

"I do", Kikwang was not smiling right now and looked more of a man than the sweet natured boy he was. Doojoon did not argue with him, "I understand". He changed topic to clear the gloomy air with a light hearted story. It did Kikwang good.

At the apartment, Hyungseung was giving Kikwang grief, "You are seriously leaving?"

"Yes I am" Kikwang said as he kept watching tv and eating his dak-gui. Hyungseung came and flung himself beside him on the sofa, "But what about that gorgeous lover of yours?"

"It did not work out" and Kikwang proceeded to give an elaborate and very convincing lie just to get Hyungseung off his back. That one bought it so much, he started nodding in understanding. "Yeah, then it is good you are parting ways now, so you can atleast remain friends. But I am so going to  miss you" he added as he gave Kikwang a tight hug. Then he left to study in his room while Kikwang ate away.

The days went by and neither Dongwoon nor Kikwang saw or heard from each other or about each other. Doojoon did not relax his guard though. He was in Yoseob's office when that one told him, 'This vigilance of yours is breaking my balls. Dongwoon is out, finito. So relax, in fact go out, get a girlfriend, live your life for God's sake!"  Yoseob finally exclaimed. Then he continued, "Even Dongwoon, I heard had an affair of the heart. Is there not some deep poetry out there about having loved versus not having loved at all?"

Then it clicked for Doojoon. That was what Dongwoon meant. Wait, what? Did Dongwoon mean he loved Kikwang?! Naw. Did he? Naw

Yoseob was clicking his fingers in his face, "Earth to Doojoon. Are you listening to me?"

Doojoon got up so abruptly, Yoseob stumbled, "Sorry to leave like this Seobbie, but there is something I have to do"

Yoseob was so surprised, he did not stop him. For Doojoon to revert to their trainee days by calling him 'Seobbie' meant whatever it was had to be urgent.