Stews, Flashbacks, and Whiskey

Movie Magic

2pm dorm

 

 The dorm room was empty sans for Jin guk. Since it was a Friday night, the other 2pm boys went out to party. With a bottle of Jack Daniels in hand, Jin guk sat on the living room couch and turned the TV on.

 

Now for today's entertainment news: Superstar K's manager confirmed the artist's participation in the upcoming film Dream high. He will be staying in Seoul for two months to shoot the movie and to do his major concert in the heart of Seoul. According to a reliable source, he will be arriving in the Incheon airport around 10:00 in the morning.

 

~~~~Jin guk's POV~~~~

 

I knew it. No wonder she seemed so eager in accepting the movie offer. He'll be in it. I might as well reject the offer for the movie. I can't take two months of seeing her with him. Heck! I can't even last a few hours with her in the same room without the feeling of this intense pain recurring.

 

~~~~End of POV~~~~

Jin guk continued drinking while remembering what had happened almost a year ago.

 

~~~~Flashback~~~~

 

It was Jason and Pil suk's wedding. Hye mi was on the dance floor with a bunch of their Kirin friends when Jin guk pulled her out of the crowd.

 

"Hey where are we going?" she asked.

 

"Don't ask just follow me." Jin guk said with a smirk knowing Hye mi will be very annoyed. She hated not being in control of the situation.

 

With much hesistation, she still followed him until they reached a dead end in the Labyrinth like botanical garden.

 

"Do you really know where we're going? Let's just go back to the party." she said with an obvious annoyance in her tone.

 

She turned her back and was about to leave when she heard a click. As she turned around again, she saw Jin guk grinning as he opened a secret door leading to a beautiful garden with a fountain in the middle.

 

"H-how did you find this? It's… beautiful." she said in a softer tone.

 

"This place is actually where Jason proposed to Pil suk. I helped him arrange everything for that day." Jin guk said while admiring the view of the garden with Hye mi in it.

 

Hye mi was at awe on how beautiful the place was. It reminded her of the book about a secret garden that her mother used to read to her as a kid. "Why did you bring me here?" she asked as she walked towards the fountain.

 

"I remembered when I met you back when we were still kids you told me a story that your mother used to tell you."

 

"Woah! You still remembered that." Hye mi was a bit shocked.

 

" That night was really memorable for me." Jin guk said looking straight at her.

 

Hye mi felt a bit self-conscious from Jin guk's stare and tried to avoid it by looking elsewhere. She then gave a sweet smile to mask her slight discomfort.

 

There was an awkward moment of silence before Jin guk finally muttered a word.

 

"Uhm… Hye mi… uhm… I brought you here because I wanted to tell you something." This time he was looking down on the floor and looking a bit nervous.

 

"Weh? What is it?" she asked with a sweet smile.

 

"I… I…I" he stuttered.

 

"What's wrong with you? You sound like a broken CD player. Spill it!" she blurted, feeling a bit impatient.

 

"I… still…" Jin guk started again. This time he began to pace.

 

"You still what?!" Hye mi half shouted.

 

"I still love you!" Jin guk stopped pacing and finally blurted those four words. He looked up and saw Hye mi's shocked expression.

 

"Jin guk…" Hye mi said in almost a whisper but was immediately cut off by Jin guk.

 

"I know it's been almost six years but nothing has changed for me." This time he walked closer to Hye mi and held her hands. "No matter how many pretty women I meet, you're still the one."

 

Tears began to fall on Hye mi's face. "I'm sorry." she whispered. Jin guk let go of her hands. He knew what she's going to say. "Yesterday Sam dong asked me to be his girl and… I said yes" she continued now looking down.

 

Those few words just pierced right through him. The pain was almost numbing.

 

He waited six years because of White Entertainment's policy of dating. 

 

"Jin guk… I..." Hye mi began. Jin guk suddenly interrupted "I know I'm not as famous as he is now. But I will work my hardest to reach him and even surpass him, if it's the only way for me to win you back." And with that said,  he left.

 

~~~~End of Flashback~~~~

 

 

Jin guk had already drunk half a bottle of Jack when Jason entered the dorm room. He was lying on the couch with the TV still left on.

 

"Oh s*#@!" Jason thought no one's home and was startled by an unconscious Jin guk who was plopped comfortably on the couch  when he turned the lights on. "Hey man you scared me. I thought you had some schedule to attend to. What are you doing here?"

 

As he moved closer to Jin guk, he noticed a strong smell of alcohol.

 

Jin guk who was now half awake tried to fix his disheveled hair before responding. "What is it to you?" Upon realizing he was being a bit mean to Jason, he added "my schedule got canceled" in a calmer tone.

 

Jason felt that his friend is not telling him something. "Hey man what's wrong? I know something's bothering you. I'm your best friend. You can tell me."

 

Jin guk pretended to not hear anything and made his way to his room when Jason suddenly said "You being like this, is it because of Hye mi again?"

 

Jin guk stopped with his back facing Jason.

 

"Do you still love her?" Jason continued.

 

"It doesn't matter. They're still together and he's coming back." Jin guk said almost in a whisper but Jason still heard him.

 

"I hope this doesn't mean you're rejecting the movie offer. I need you." Jason said.

 

"Why would you need me there?" Jin guk asked.

 

"Pil suk's 8 months pregnant." Jason said.

 

Jin guk  now turned to face Jason. "Woah. For real man?"

 

Jason nodded.

 

"Congratulations. That's great." Jin guk heartily exclaimed as he approached Jason for a hug, now with a big smile on his face.

 

After a generous hug from Jin guk, Jason continued "Thanks. So are you going to help me take care of Pil suk during the movie?"

 

The smile on Jin guk's face was replaced by a serious expression which made Jason a bit nervous.

 

"Sure…" Jason was about to hug Jin guk when he continued "under one condition." "What?" Jason asked.

 

"I get to pick the name of your child." Jin guk said with a big grin.

 

"Haha fine!" Jason said even though he knew that Pil suk may not agree.

 

Jason gave his friend a hug before leaving. He said "All will be okay man." before stepping out.

 

Jin guk now went back to his room. As he laid down on his bed, he began to think about the movie-- how it will be, the set-up and all. Then he thought of Hye mi and Sam dong. "Ughhh this will be torture!"

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hye mi's House

 

"hmm… Unnie what's that weird smell?" Hye sung asked as she went to the kitchen.

 

"Hey what do you mean weird? I'm cooking beef stew."  Hye mi replied as she drops some veggies on the stew while checking the recipe written on a pink notebook.

 

Hye sung almost choked on the piece of bread she's eating after hearing that her unnie is cooking. "Since when do you cook?" Hye sung asked sarcastically as she watched her sister carefully measure things.

 

"Since two hours ago! Now taste this." Hye mi said as she scooped a spoonful of the broth and handed it to her sister.

 

"Ehk!" Hye sung said while coughing a little bit.

 

"Is it that terrible? What did I do wrong? I followed the steps carefully." Hye mi began to fuss over the recipe again trying to find where she went wrong.

 

"No silly. It was just really hot. I think I burned my tongue." Hye sung said after drinking some water. "It tastes pretty good actually."

 

"Really?" Hye mi said with a huge smile on her face.

 

"Yeah…  Are you okay? You're smiling a little more than the usual." Hye sung asked her sister.

 

Hye mi went back to her usual straight face and said "Sam dong's coming back tomorrow."

 

"Oh that's why… I assume your sudden impulse to cook is because of him."

 

Hye mi nodded. "I got the recipe from his mom. It's his favorite dish"

 

Hye sung gave a small chuckle.

 

"Hey what's that laugh for?" Hye mi asked, a bit annoyed.

 

"Nothing. I just didn't find you to be the cheesy kind of girlfriend. Haha" Hye sung said with a smirk.

 

Hye mi gave her the deadliest death glare that one could ever give. Hye sung went running back to her room.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


P.S. You might be wondering why the gang didn't know about Pil suk's pregnancy, especially Jin guk who's part of 2pm with Jason. Hye mi and Baek hee are both too busy with their careers that they haven't seen Jason and Pil suk at all. Jin guk is working on his solo career for the past year so he hasn't been seeing Jason a lot. :))

COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS again are highly appreciated!!! ^_^