Flashback: The Garden

Movie Magic

 

~~~~Hye Mi's POV~~~~

 

Jin Guk grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the dance floor. He continued walking without even looking back at me. He just held my hand and kept walking. I don't know what to do. A few minutes ago, I was really upset with him. But after Jason's explanation, I'm confused… about how I feel for him. But does it matter anymore? I mean I've moved on now… right? I've moved on? Besides, I don't even know if what Jason said was true… that he has feelings for me. He hasn't done anything since that no dating clause in our contract was over.

 

We've just passed by the atrium where the wedding ceremony was held. Wait, where are we heading? I cleared my throat and asked him "Hey, where are we going?" I just realized this is the first thing I said to him for the past week.   

 

He smirked and replied "Don't ask just follow me!" in a deep and sultry voice.

 

My heart begins to beat faster. Ugh! What's wrong with me?

 

We reached a dead end of the Labyrinth like garden. "Hmph! Do you really know where we're going? Let's just go back to the party." I said to him. He leaned in closer to me. My heart raced once again. His face was inches from mine. I turned my back. I was about to leave when I heard a click. I turned around and saw him grinning widely as he push the secret door open. It revealed a wonderful sight. It was a beautiful garden. It was perfectly landscaped. The lights added whimsy to the colorful flora around. I walked towards the middle and admired everything. "How did you find this?" I asked him. "It's... beautiful." I continued.

 

"This place is actually where Jason proposed to Pil suk. I helped him arrange everything for that day." He said.

 

Everything was really beautiful. It reminded me of the book that my mom used to read to me. I walked towards the fountain and asked him why he brought me here.

 

"I remembered when I met you back when we were still kids you told me a story that your mother used to tell you." He said with a sweet smile.

 

I was shock. "Woah! You still remembered that." I exclaimed.

 

He walked towards the fountain as well and stood beside me. He then said " That night was really memorable for me." as he looked straight into my eyes.

 

My stomach starts to feel weird, like butterflies were flying around. I avoided his gaze and started looking elsewhere. There was awkward silence between us before he suddenly spoke up.

 

~~~~Jin guk's POV~~~~

 

This is it Jin Guk. This is the moment you've been waiting for. You can do this. Just ask her. Oh no, my palms start to sweat. You've been waiting for so long. C'mon just spill it.

 

"Uhm… Hye Mi… uhm…" I managed to say her name. Now, continue. Don't get nervous. You can do this. Breath in "Whew..."  Breathe out "hahhhh..."

 

She smiled sweetly and asked "Weh? What is it?"

 

  "I…I…I" S%*# stop stuttering.

 

"What's wrong with you? You sound like a broken CD player. Spill it!" she blurted. I might have made her impatient.

 

"I… still…" I stammered once again. I began pacing.

 

"You still what?!" She half shouted. Looks like I've annoyed her.

 

Get your S%*# together! Just say it!

 

"I still love you!"

 

~~~~Hye Mi's POV~~~~

 

What? Did he just say he loves me? My mouth was left wide open. I couldn't believe what I just heard. He has feelings for me too. I smiled momentarily. I felt happy for some reason. Then I remembered Sam Dong. My smile faded. What am I thinking? I shouldn't be feeling like this. I belong to someone now. I cannot accept his love.

 

"Jin Guk…" I began but he cut me off.

 

~~~~Jin guk's POV~~~~

 

"I know it's been almost six years but nothing has changed for me." I walked closer to Hye mi and held her hands. My palms are a bit sweaty, I hope she doesn't mind."No matter how many pretty women I meet, you're still the one." I looked into her eyes but her expression wasn't what I expected. Tears stream down her face.

 

~~~~Hye Mi's POV~~~~

 

Oh God… Why did he say this only now? If only he was a week early, or a day… I can't turn him down… but I must. This is the right thing to do. Right? I don't want to see him sad, but it must be done. "I'm sorry" I muttered but he managed to hear it. He let got of my hands. I continued. "Yesterday Sam dong asked me to be his girl and… I said yes"

 

~~~~Jin guk's POV~~~~

 

My heart shattered into pieces. How should I go on now? All this time, I thought this was my moment. This is the time that finally she'll be my girl. How ironic that I planned everything here meticulously to be beautiful, but it seems to be a dark lonely place to be in right now. Tears began to flow down my face.

 

"Jin Guk… I…" Hye Mi began to speak again. I stopped her. I didn't want to hear what she's about to say. I'm in too much pain now. I don't know if I can handle it.

 

I spoke up. "I know I'm not as famous as he is now. But I will work my hardest to reach him and even surpass him, if it's the only way for me to win you back."  Those were my last words before I walked out the door. I can't bear staying there. It's upsetting how history just repeated itself.
 

~~~~Hye Mi's POV~~~~

 

Tears seem to flow out continuously. I couldn't stop crying. Why does it hurt so much? I need to let him go. There's nothing between us anymore. That is what is right. I'm with Sam Dong now. I'm going to be happy with him.

 



I shall end the flashbacks here. Hope you liked it. :)) We'll be back to present time for the next chapters. Thanks for your support ^_^