Making Sense of the Confusion

Movie Magic

 

Jin Guk went to their next rehearsal quite nervously. He was afraid that his relationship with Hye Mi would change after that missent text. He arrived in the rehearsal studio again quite early. He walked down the hall with an uneasy feeling because he knows Hye Mi is an early bird herself.   "Aisshhh… Maybe I should have come later. What if she's already here? Gaaah… But sooner or later she would come so it's inevitable that we see each other. " He was having a conversation with himself while walking when suddenly someone called him from behind.

 

"Yah! Jin Guk-ah!" A stern voice said.

 

"My gut feeling was right. She's here." He said to himself.

 

He turned around slowly like a thief that was caught red handed.

 

"Annyeong Hye Mi-ah!" He said with a nervous smile.

 

She raised her eyebrow, crossed her arms and said "You owe me one."

 

Then she went inside.

 

Jin Guk was left outside quite flabbergasted. He was expecting her to shout at him for sending her that text but instead she just smugly said "You owe me one."

 

"What do I owe her?" He asked himself.

 

"Jin Guk-ie why are you just standing here outside?" Pil Suk asked.

 

He was so consumed with his thoughts that he didn't notice Pil Suk and Jason were already there.

 

"Huh? Uhhh… Nothing I just drop something here." He quickly made up an excuse.

 

"Ok shall we go in." Jason initiated.

 

 


 

 

The rehearsal was surprisingly normal. There was very little awkwardness despite the fact that Jin Guk sent that text to Hye Mi. Maybe it's the absence of Sam Dong and Baek Hee that made the rehearsal feel more comfortable. The lightness of everything gave Jin Guk a spark of courage to talk to Hye Mi about the text.

 

During their break, he approached her. She was getting water from the drinking fountain.

 

"Hye Mi-ah…" He started.

 

"Hmm?" She turned to face him.

 

"Uhm I would just like to ask you… about the… t-t-te... the water?" He suddenly blurted out. Unfortunately, the spark died down fast.

 

"Huh? Uhmm… It's fine, I guess." She got weirded out a bit by Jin Guk's question and was about to leave to go to Pil Suk.

 

Just before she can take a step away from him, he held her arm. "What I meant to ask was… about the text." He finally said.

Apparently, the spark of courage was alive again.

 

Hye Mi felt uncomfortable talking about it so she tried to deny the existence of that text.

 

"What text?" She asked hoping he'll ride the idea of putting it  behind them.

 

"My missent text for Sohee asking her what made her think you like me." He said bluntly.

 

"Aisshh…" She said to herself. She hated that he brought it up, but since the cat is out of the bag, might as well work with it.

 

"Oh that text. Uhm well I fixed everything so you better thank me." She said nonchalantly.

 

"What do you mean you fix everything.?" Jin Guk was confused.

 

"I made Sohee stop fighting with you… so you won't break up." She looked down, as she said the last line.

 

"Wait. What?" Jin Guk was now really confused.

 

Hye Mi was annoyed with Jin Guk's reactions. "Yah! What's with you?! You should've been thanking me instead of asking me to repeat myself. Hmph!" She said before she left to go to Pil Suk.

 

 


 

 

After the rehearsal, Jin Guk texted Sohee to clarify about the things that Hye Mi told him. He also sent Sohee the text that he accidentally sent to Hye Mi so she'll get the whole scenario.

 

After an hour, he received a call from her. He was already back in his room in the 2pm dorm.

 

"Yeoboseo"

 

"Hi Oppa. It's me Sohee. Sorry I kept you waiting, I just finished recording."

 

"Nah! It's alright. So why do you think Hye Mi said that?"

 

"I was supposed to call you earlier about this but I got busy. Well. You're text looked too urgent and too desperate for a reply. One

can easily mistook us fighting."

 

"Ahhh… that text really brought too much trouble."

 

Sohee suddenly gave a light chuckle.

 

"Yah! Sohee! Laughing at my misfortunes huh?"

 

"No. I wasn't laughing at you. I just realized something."

 

"Hmm? What is it?"

 

"In your text, it seemed like I was accusing her of liking you, but when she called me last night she was assuring me that YOU don't like HER anymore instead of assuring me that SHE doesn't like YOU anymore. Get it?"

 

"What are you saying?"

 

"I'm saying that she didn't deny what she thought I accuse her of, which is why now I'm really convinced that she likes you."

Jin Guk smiled after hearing that but then his face suddenly turned glum.

 

"Sohee-ah stop giving me false hope. She's with Sam Dong now. She can't like me."

 

"I just call it how I see it. Don't be too hard on yourself Oppa. The fact that they are together doesn't necessarily mean that she can't like someone else."

 

Jin Guk was speechless. He didn't know what to think anymore.

 

"Uhm Oppa? Are you still there? Anyway, I need to go now. My manager's calling me for a meeting. Bye!"

 

The call ended.

 

Jin Guk remained in his room for the next hour. He lay there thinking about what Sohee said.

What is she saying? Should I really go after her still? What if she doesn't really like me? What if this was all a mistake? I should get a second opinion. He thought. He then dialed a number and asked to meet at a café near their old school.

 

 


 

 

As he entered the café, he was greeted by a familiar face on the corner of the room.

 

"Jin Guk" Baek Hee said as she raised her hand to let him know where she is.

 

Jin Guk went to the counter to order his drink then he approached her for a friendly hug. Baek Hee obliged.

 

"Aww. I missed you!" She said after hugging him.

 

"You're too much. We just saw each other the other day." Jin Guk said teasingly.

 

"De. But that was just for rehearsals. We didn't even hang-out or anything." Baek Hee said with a cute pout.

 

"I was just teasing you, I missed you as well." He admitted.

 

"So what do you want to talk about?" She asked.

 

Jin Guk became silent suddenly. He was pondering on how he will ask Baek Hee for help.

 

"Oh! it's about Hye Mi." Baek hee suddenly said leaving Jin Guk quite surprised.

 

"How did you know?" He asked.

 

"You were doing the how-should-I-ask-about-Hye Mi-look." She said with a chuckle.

 

"What look? I don't have a look." He said quite childishly which made Baek Hee laugh even more.

 

"Well,  spill it! What do you want to ask?" She initiated.

 

"Uhmmm… the thing is… I have a friend that met Hye Mi who thinks that… she… might… could… still… like me." He said with many

pauses in the middle. He may seem strong and confident but when it comes to talking about Hye Mi he tends to turn into putty.

 

"Finally!" She said teasing him for pausing too much for that one sentence.

 

Jin Guk gave him an annoyed look.

 

"So I guess you're wondering whether your friend is right?" She asked straightforwardly.

 

Jin Guk nodded.

 

"Well, I've been observing her quite a lot while we were rehearsing then." She paused for a while to create suspense for Jin Guk. "I think she really does have some feelings for you still."

 

Jin Guk gave a shy smile.

 

"Are you just saying that to lead me on?" He asked.

 

Baek Hee smiled and shook her head. "I think she really does like you still. I'm her best friend, I would know."

 

"Why are you saying this to me? Aren't you supposed to support her relationship with Sam Dong as her best friend?" He was surprised that she would say those things to him.

 

"I didn't say I don't support it. It's just that I believe you two are a better fit." She said with a smile.

 

"So what should I do now?" He asked her.

 

"I don't know. It's up to you. Do you have the guts to fight for her again?" She said to challenge him.

 

Jin Guk smiled satisfyingly. "Thanks" He said.

 

They went on talking about other things for the next hour before they bid their goodbyes.

 

As Jin Guk was driving home, there was a motivated smirk plastered on his face. 


 

I hope you liked this chapter. Sorry for taking time in updating. For Woou fans, the next chapter will be for you :)

Thanks for all the comments and subscriptions. Please subscribe if you haven't still. ^_^