Lunch and Ice cream

Movie Magic

 

At To Sok Chon

“Mmmm… This Samgyetang is so good. I think I want to dress it up, put it in some nice shoes, and take it out for a date.” Jin Guk gulped down the remaining broth in the bowl.

“No. Scratch that. I think I’m going to ask it to marry me!” Jin Guk heartily said.

Hye Mi laughed really hard. She hasn’t met anyone so passionate with food like Jin Guk.

“Miss can I get three more bowls of this?” He said to the waitress.

She was shocked. There were already nine empty bowls just on his side of the table. She scurried off to get three more bowls.

“You really are a monster.” Hye Mi suddenly said.

 Jin Guk looked at her with confusion.

“You just scared off that poor waitress with your eating skills. You should apologize to her when she gets back.” Hye Mi kids.

The waitress then came back carrying three big bowls of Samgyetang. She bowed down and was about to leave when Jin Guk stopped her.

“Ms. Lee Hara (he read her name plate) my friend here says I owe you an apology for scaring you with my eating skills. Mianhe.” He said raising his right hand.

“Also, thank you for serving us well during our lunch. I will certainly ask for you the next time I eat here.” He said with a smile and a wink at the end.

The waitress giggled like a little school girl, bowed, and left happily.

Jin Guk faced Hye Mi and gave her a smug smile.

“See I’m not a monster.” He said.

She smiled with an obvious tinge of irritation.

“Yeah, I can see that. You’re a flirt.” She retorted.

 

 


 

 

After lunch the two decided to take a stroll in the park and eat some ice cream. Hye Mi sat by the fountain while Jin Guk ordered for himself and Hye Mi. He always knew what to get her. She need not say anything. They were always together if time permits them while Sam Dong was in America. They became so close that it came to a point that they can sometimes read each other’s minds. It was only the past year that the two sort of had their fall out.

“Strawberry and vanilla ice cream with chocolate sprinkles on top—just how you like it.” Jin Guk said as he hands the ice cream to Hye Mi.

She received it with a huge toddler-like grin. She absolutely loves ice cream.

“Thanks.” She said and excitedly her ice cream.

Jin Guk sat beside her and his pistachio ice cream as well.

They stayed there for a while; just sitting there, eating their ice cream, not talking at all.

Both of them finally finished their ice creams.

There was a brief and awkward silence.

“I’m sorry.” Hye Mi suddenly spoke up.

Jin Guk faced her and asked.

“For what?”

Hye Mi took her time before she replied.

“For hurting you back then.”

Again there was silence.

Jin Guk was now looking at the fountain with a serious tone on his face.

“I sometimes feel for the past year you’ve been avoiding me because of what happened that night.” She continued.

Jin Guk kept his gaze on the fountain. He remembered everything from that night. He remembered his excitement, his tears, her tears. This time though things were different. He didn’t want to sulk and be sad about it. He was ready to fight for Hye Mi again.

“I hope you won’t avoid me again after the movie is done. I missed this. I missed hanging out with you.” Hye Mi confessed.

Jin Guk faced her and gave her the sweetest smile. He then pulled her in for a hug.

Hye Mi was shocked.

He then released the hug immediately before anyone could see. They were idols after all. This kind of act can be easily misunderstood by some fans. He scratched the back of his head and gave a nervous chuckle.

Hye Mi glared at him and stood up with her back facing him. She smiled a little and spoke sternly.

“Let’s go. I want to go home now.”

 

 


 

 

Jin Guk dropped Hye Mi back to the Health and Lifestyle center where she left her car. They bid their goodbyes and went their separate ways.

As Hye Mi arrived at her house she saw someone sleeping on her front porch with a bouquet of peonies beside him.

“Sam Dong?!” She said as she approached the sleeping fellow.

Sam Dong woke up lazily. He had wiped the drool off his face and stretched his arms before he realized who was in front of him. He was startled.

“What are you doing here?” Hye Mi asked.

Sam Dong immediately stood up and gave her the flowers.

“I didn’t have any schedules today so I called your manager and asked if you’re free. I went here to surprise you and ask you to go out but you weren’t home yet. I fell asleep waiting.” He said with an adorable grin at the end.

Hye Mi smiled. She forgot how sweet Sam Dong can be. But of course she can’t let him see that she was touched by his actions.

“Pabo! Why did you wait here where it’s cold and not in your car where it’s warmer?” She said with a faux angry tone.

 Sam Dong smiled. He missed Hye Mi act like this. He knows she's just mad because she cares for him. “But I’m okay. You need not worry.”

“But… you might get sick again.” Hye Mi said softly.

“Uhm. Won’t you invite me in?” Sam Dong asked.

 



First of all SORRY for just uploading now. I know I said I'll be uploading like a day after, but I suddenly got busy with moving and school. Again I'm super sorry. I hope you like this chapter. I did it while I was in the plane :)

I'm eternally grateful for your continued support on this fanfic :))