Too Much Excitement Can Be Bad For You

Movie Magic

The next day Hye mi canceled all her schedules for the day. She woke up early in the morning and was very anxious with Sam dong's arrival that she  hardly slept at all.  She kept staring at her wall clock hoping time would move faster. Hye sung eventually woke-up and went down for breakfast.

 

After finishing her breakfast she asked Hye mi"Unnie, are you done? Can you bring me to school now?"

 

Hye mi wasn't listening. She was just staring blankly at the kitchen's wall clock.

 

~~~Hye mi's POV~~~

It's been more than a year since I last saw Sam dong. I wonder how it will be like seeing him in person again. Will he be different? I can't wait to hug him, kiss him again. Darn why can't lunch come any sooner? Have I really cooked the beef stew properly? I hope he likes it. What should I wea--"

~~~End of POV~~~

 

"Unnie?... Unnie??! HELLO?!!! Earth to Hye mi?!!" Hye Sung said as she waved her hand in front her sister's face.

 

Hye mi finally snapped out of her thoughts. "Huh… what did you say?"

 

"Aiiisshh poo brain can't stop thinking of Sam dong huh?!" Hye sung jeered.

 

"Well, this poo brain has just decided to let you walk to school today, so good luck" Hye mi sneered with fake a smile.

 

"WHAT?! Unnie, I was just kidding. I need you to bring me to school today or else I'm going to be late." Hye sung said.

 

Hye mi, still annoyed, continued to ignore her.

 

"Unnieeeee… bring me to school pleaaaaaaaaaaaasssseeee. Unnie Baek hee gives out really hard punishments to tardy people. Please please PLEASEEEEE bring me to school!!!!" Hye sung begged her sister.

 

Enjoying the sight of her sister begging on her knees, Hye mi agreed to bring her to school. Besides, she thought she could kill time chatting with her best friend Baek hee.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

In Kirin Arts School...

 

As soon as they arrived to Kirin Arts School, Hye sung ran to her classroom. She really didn't want to be late. As Hye mi was parking the car, the students of Kirin have already learned of her visit. As she entered the hallways, people started crowding around her. People were taking photos and asking for autographs and she obliged. She was very used to this being one of the top idols in Korea. Then suddenly someone blew a whistle.

 

"What's going on here?" Baek hee asked the students. Then she saw Hye mi. "Is this how we treat esteemed visitors? If you're not back in your classrooms in the count of five you'll be getting  detention." Baek hee shouted firmly. In an instant the students went scurrying back to their classrooms.

 

As soon as all the students were back to their classrooms Baek hee hugged her best friend. "Hye mi- ah!"

 

"For a second there I thought you were Ms. Shi. Haha" Hye mi said half giggling.

 

"She's out on vacation with Mr. Kang so I was left in charge. So... what brings you here?" Baek hee asked.

 

"Oh. I was just bringing Hye sung to school and I just thought I might as well stop by for a chat with my best friend." Hye mi said.

 

"Oh… Come let's go to my office." Baek hee said.

 

Inside her office, Baek hee made two cups of coffee and gave one to Hye mi. "Thank you." Hye mi said.

 

"Hey what were you doing last night? " Baek hee asked.  "Pil suk and Jason were a bit disappointed that it was just us three who had dinner last night." She added.

 

"Oh it was just you three? Jin guk didn't go?" Hye mi asked, completely disregarding Baek hee's question.

 

"He said he had some schedule to attend to. " Baek hee replied.

 

"Oh… He seems to be really working hard." Hye mi suddenly remembered something.

 

 I know I'm not as famous as he is now. But I will work my hardest to reach him and even surpass him, if it's the only way for me to win you back.

 

"Yeah. He once told me all his hard work is because of one person…" Baek hee said. Seeing Hye mi was getting a little bit uncomfortable she still added "We all know who it is, right, Hye mi?"

 

Baek hee has always known about Jin guk's feelings for Hye mi. They've become really good friends over the years. He would come to her for pieces of advice and vice versa. She actually prefers Jin guk over Sam dong for her best friend. He was just always there for her unlike Sam dong. But for the past year he has been extremely busy.

 

"Hm" Hye mi didn't like where this conversation was going and tried to change the topic. "So what did I miss last night?"

 

"OH MY GOD! YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE PIL SUK AND JASON'S ANNOUNCEMENT…" Baek hee said with overexcitement. The she paused for drama leaving Hye mi on her toes. "…….THEY'RE EIGHT MONTHS PREGNANT!!!" she finally blurted out.

 

"WHAT?! Oh my! I'm so excited! Wait?! 8 months?! No wonder she's looking a bit pudgy again." Hye mi exclaimed.

 

"Haha. All this time she's actually hiding her baby bump underneath those long thick clothes of hers." Baek hee said.

 

"Yeah I really wanted to ask her about her clothes but I never got around it." Hye mi said.

 

Both of them burst into laughter. They continued to chat about how their lives are going and shared some gossip going around in the entertainment industry when Hye mi saw the time.

 

"Oh my it's 10:30am, I-I need to go now Baek hee. Sorry."

 

"Why are you such in a hurry? You're meeting Sam dong, are you?" Baek hee said. She saw the news last night regarding Sam dong's arrival to Seoul today.

 

Hye mi nodded.

 

"Alright. Get out of here then!" Baek hee encouraged. Hye mi reached in for a hug and then hurriedly left.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

In Hye mi's house…

 

As soon as she got home, she prepared everything for her lunch date with Sam dong. She meticulously set the table, making sure everything is perfect. By 11:00am she went upstairs and took a bath. After that she wore the dress she prepared last night and put on some light make-up and perfume. At 11:30am she went down to the kitchen to cook some rice and had the stew out for heating. By 12 noon, she was ready.

 

It was already 12:30pm, Sam dong hasn't arrived yet. She decided to go to her living room to watch tv while waiting . She kept flipping channels, she couldn't find anything fun to watch. She was about to turn the tv off when she landed on the entertainment channel. "Here we are in the ribbon cutting of the first American Apparel store in Korea. We are moments to the big reveal of who their  special guest is. We heard it's an international star. Oh! The limo has just arrived." *Sam dong came out of the limo.*" It's the international Korean superstar K!" *Sam dong cut the ribbon and then went inside the store.*

 

"Aishh! What is he doing there? He's supposed to be having lunch with me!" Hye mi said out loud.

 

~~~Hye mi's POV~~~

 

Stupid Sam dong--  forgetting our lunch date! UGH! So irritating. I've slaved on that stupid stew for hours. All that for nothing.

 

~~~End of POV~~~

 

Out of frustration she went to the kitchen to dump the stew she had made for Sam dong. On second thought, it will be such a waste to just pour the stew down the drain so she thought of bringing the food instead to Pil suk's home.

 

Hye mi called Pil suk.

 

"Hello."

 

"Pil suk are you free today?"

 

"Yes. Why?"
 

"Can I come over?"
 

"Okay sure."

 

"Let's have lunch together."

 

"Alright. See you."      

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

In Jason and Pil suk's home…

 

Hye mi arrived in Pil suk's house 15 minutes later.

 

'Knock knock'

 

"Coming!" Pil suk shouted out as she rushed towards the door.

 

Hye mi was standing in Pil suk's front porch with the stew in hand. After a few seconds, Pil suk opened the door.

 

"Hye mi!" Pil suk exclaimed as she moved closer to hug her bestfriend.

 

"Ooh!" Hye mi was caught off guard by Pil suk's big baby bump that she almost drop the stew.

 

"Oops! Sorry!" Pil suk said.

 

"You really are eight months pregnant!" Hye mi jeered.

 

"You know?" Pil suk asked in shock.

 

Hye mi smiled coyly.

 

"Ah! Baek hee!" Pil suk said as she smacked her forehead with her right hand.

 

Hye mi giggled at her sillyness.

 

They then went to the kitchen. Hye mi assisted Pil suk in preparing the other food.

 

"Ooohh… That smells good!" Hye mi said.

 

"I didn't know you were bringing food so I made some curry." Pil suk said.

 

Hye mi set the table while Pil suk placed the curry in a serving dish.

 

"Let's eat!" Pil suk said.

 

They sat down the table and began to eat.

 

"Pil suk this is really yummy. No wonder Jason is just too CRAZY for you." Hye mi said.

 

"Haha! You got that right! Plus I add some special "ingredients" to make sure he stays CRAZY for me!" Pil suk kids.

 

She then tried the beef stew that Hye mi brought. "Mmm… This is really good. Where did you buy this?"

 

"I cooked it myself." Hye mi said proudly.

 

"Weh?! Really?! Our proud and spoiled Hye mi is now domesticated?" Pil suk teased.

 

"Hmph!" Hye mi pouted her lips.

 

"By the way, I heard Sam dong's arriving today, are you going to see him?" Pil suk asked.

 

Hye mi suddenly remembered how pissed off she is  with Sam dong.

 

"Why would I care if he's arriving today? Besides I bet he's too busy anyway, too busy with stupid "Superstar Duties." " Hye mi blurted out.

 

 Pil suk sensed a bit of bitterness from Hye mi's words. "Hye mi what's wrong? Did you and Sam dong had a fight?"

 

Hye mi sighed and eventually told Pil suk why she suddenly decided to visit her. "We were supposed to have lunch together today. I cooked his favorite dish and prepared everything. Then he stood me up with no text or call telling me he can't come. I just saw him on the E news channel attending an event during our supposedly lunch date. Arrrrggghhh! Such an !" She blurted out of frustration.

 

"Hye mi I feel bad for you but maybe Sam dong is just really caught up with his schedules. Maybe he can't contact you because he's in a rush today to finish everything." Pil suk said, trying to console her friend.

 

"But still Pil suk, I'm his girlfriend. I would understand if he can't come because of his busy schedule, I just wish he would tell me ahead and not make me wait for nothing." Hye mi said.

 

"I'm sure he regrets what happened and will surely try to make it up to you." Pil suk said, trying to shed light on the situation.

 

"Thanks for listening Pil suk but I'm still upset with him. I sometimes feel that I'm not that important to him anymore. He hasn't even apologized to me yet." Hye mi shared her feelings to her friend.

 

"Aisshhh! Stop thinking such things! Sam dong loves you! Of course you're important to him. Just give him a little more time." Pil suk said.

 

Hye mi pouted her lips and continued to sulk.

 

Pil suk didn' t like seeing her friend like this. She really wanted to cheer her up. She thought maybe going to the nursery can raise her spirits up a bit. "Come follow me Hye mi."

 

"Ooohhh this room is just so cute!" Hye mi cooed.

 

"I spent a large amount of time decorating this room." Pil suk shared.

 

"Looks like you guys are 100% ready for the baby!" Hye mi said.

 

"Not really. We haven't actually thought of a name." Pil suk said.

 

"I think I can help you with that." Hye mi said with a smile.

 

Hye mi and Pil suk spent the whole afternoon looking through Baby name books. It was almost night time and they had about five possible names for a baby girl and four possible names for a baby boy.

 

"I especially like the name Suji for a girl. It will really fit a pretty little baby Pil suk." Hye mi said.

 

Pil suk smiled as Hye mi felt her belly.

 

"Oh! it's night time already. I think I should go now Pil suk. Thanks for the great lunch!" Hye mi said.

 

"Anytime Hye mi! Oh and thank you as well for the beef stew." Pil suk said while walking Hye mi to the door.

 

"Congratulations on your soon to be baby!

 

"Thanks! Bye Hye mi!"

 

"Bye!" Hye mi said as she entered her car.

 

Hye mi arrived home with a lighter feeling-- all thanks to an afternoon with her cheery friend Pil suk. She noticed that the lights were on. Hye sung must be home already, she thought. As she opened the front door, her jaw drops. Hundreds and hundreds of roses were all around the living room.

 

Hye sung came running to her as soon she heard her enter the house. "Unnie! Sam dong's assistant came a while ago with a truck full of roses. Isn't it romantic?"

 

"Hm." Hye mi nodded, still a bit shock with the abundance of roses in her living room.

 

"Oh. I almost forgot. The assistant left a letter that came from Sam dong." Hye sung said as she handed a small pink envelope to her sister.

 

Hye mi got the envelope and went straight to her room.

 

She sat on her bed and with a sigh and opened the envelope .

 

Hye mi, my love,

 

I am sad and ashamed  for I know I disappointed you by not making it to our lunch date. I didn't know I had several pre-scheduled appearances today. I know you're even more upset that I wasn't able to call and tell you ahead of time. I really wanted to but I broke my phone as I was mobbed by the fans on the airport. Again, I am really sorry and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me love.  Words can't describe how much I wanted to see you. I promise I will make it up to you. See you on our first rehearsal. I love you so much. Saranghae.

 

Love,

Sam dong

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Again Comments and Suggestion s'il vous plait :)