Flashback: The Wedding

Movie Magic

 

It was a bright sunny morning in Seoul, Korea. No dark clouds were in sight. The weather was perfect.

Pil Suk woke up with a huge smile on her face.

I'm getting married today. Ha! I can't believe it, I'm marrying Jason today!

Pil Suk's excitement can't be contained.

She began being all giddy and kept shouting "I'm getting married! I'm getting married today! Wooh!!!"

She was also jumping up and down on her bed when her mother walked right in her room.

"Yah Kim Pil Suk! You're already getting married yet you're still acting like a kid." Her mother scolded her.

Pil Suk ran to her mother and hugged her tightly. "I'm just so excited. I can't wait to be Mrs. Jang."

Her mom began to tear up.

"Umma are you crying?" Pil Suk asked.

She let go of the hug and sat by her mom on the bed.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be crying. I just can't believe you're already getting married. It seems it was just yesterday when we brought you to your first day of preschool. Now, you're all grown up and about to move out. Your dad and I are going to miss our little baby so much." Her mother said in between tears.

Pil Suk also began to tear up. She just realized how much she's going to miss her parents when she moves out.

"Umma, you're also making me cry." Pil Suk said with a faint smile. "I'm going to miss you guys too."

"Promise to visit us at least every week." Her mother said who now stopped crying.

Pil Suk nodded.

Her mother smiled and hugged Pil Suk.

"C'mon breakfast is ready." Her mother said.

 


 

 

An hour before the wedding, Pil Suk is still in the bride's dressing room, getting her make-up done. Her Monique Lhuiller couture gown was on a dressform beside the dresser. Pil Suk opted for a simple white gown frosted by swarovski crystals all over. It had a bow on the chest and a mullet-like hem, showing off her pretty gams. Her hair was styled in a simple bun with pretty tiara to top it all off.

 

She sat there quietly while the make-up artist did her work, when Baek Hee and Hye Mi entered the room.

They were wearing almost identical lilac colored bridesmaid dresses except Hye Mi's dress had some white lace detailing on since she was the maid-of-honor. They were finished having their hair and make-up done. Hye Mi had her hair up in a messy bun while Baek Hee had her hair down.

 

"Pil Suk-ie!!!" Baek Hee squeeled.

"Ssshhh you're too loud!" Hye Mi scolded Baek Hee.

She then just giggled and plopped down the couch.

Pil Suk turned to them slightly with her eyes still close since the make-up artist was still doing her eye make-up.

"Baek Hee! Hye Mi! Good you're here."

Hye Mi laid her bag on the couch beside Baek Hee.

"Guess where I found her?" Hye Mi asked Pil Suk.

"Where?" Pil Suk asked back.

"In your open bar, drinking her 3RD APPLETINI! Don't worry. I had her drink some coffee before going here. Hopefully, the alcohol will wear off by the time the wedding starts."

Baek hee then scowled at Hye Mi.

Pil Suk just giggled.

She was used to Baek Hee's wild but fun behavior in parties while Hye Mi tries all her might to control her. As expected nothing will be different for her wedding party.

 

Hye Mi noticed Pil Suk's gown by the dresser and walked towards it.

"Wow. Pil Suk your gown really turned out beautifully.  I can't wait to see you wear it." Hye Mi said while admiring the detailing on the gown.

Pil Suk gushed.

"It's all thanks to you. You were the one with me during the design consultation with the designer. I appreciated your meticulousness." She said with a slight chuckle.

The make-up artist dusted the excess make-up off her face.

"Ok. We're done. What do you think?" The make-up artist asked.

"Omo! Pil Suk-ie  you're really pretty." Baek Hee exclaimed out of admiration.

Pil Suk smiled shyly with her comment.

"I want to look like you when I marry. Soooo beautiful and relaxed, no tinge of stress at all." Baek Hee continued.

"Hihi thanks Baek Hee." Pil Suk gushed.

"Honestly Pil Suk, you're really beautiful. How do you managed to stay so calm and stress-free. Most brides are quite frantic around this time." Hye Mi asked.

Pil Suk gave a big smile and then answered. "I'm just always thinking that soon I'll be marrying the person I love the most. Nothing in this world can ruin this day for me. "

Baek Hee cooed at Pil Suk's answer while Hye Mi rolled her eyes in a sarcastic way.

"Well I know one thing that could ruin Pil Suk's day." Hye Mi suddenly said.

"Hm? What?" Baek Hee asked.

"If Jason doesn't show up…" Hye Mi said teasingly with a mischievous smile.

Baek Hee slapped Hye Mi's arm so hard.

"Ouch! That hurt!" Hye Mi exclaimed.

"Yah! You're so mean! I can't believe you won over me to be the maid-of-honor. Act like one!" Baek hee scolded Hye Mi.

Pil Suk laughed and said "I have no doubts that he'll be there."

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

In the men's dressing room half an hour before the wedding, Jason was standing in front a full-length mirror, fixing the bowtie on his tux. He was wearing a black double-ed suit with a white inner top and a black bowtie. Jin Guk was sitting on the couch, checking his phone.  He was wearing a black single-ed suit with a slim black neck tie.

 

"Ugh! Stupid bowtie. Why can't you look right?!" Jason threw the bowtie on the couch which hit Jin Guk's face.

"Yah!" Jin Guk exclaimed.

"Oops! Sorry. Argh! I can't seem to do the tie right." Jason threw another tie on the floor.

"Dude. Relax. Sheesh... I can't believe you’re the one getting the wedding jitters. Pil Suk looked so calm and beautiful when I checked on her awhile ago. But you… you're a wreck!" Jin Guk said teasingly.

Jason didn't seem to hear anything except the line Pil Suk looked so calm and beautiful.

"You went to see her? How did she look? Is she nervous?" Jason asked.

Jin Guk smiled a bit before answering.

"She seems pretty calm, not nervous at all and she looked very beautiful. Wait, I just said that. Haha Anyway she's fine." Jin Guk said.

"Okay." Jason seem to relax a bit and sat next to Jin Guk.

"Take a chill pill man, I don't think Pil Suk's the type of bride that just leaves the groom at the altar..." Jin Guk said with a mischievous smile.

Jason nodded.

"...She's probably the type that writes a note first. She's a polite girl." Jin Guk bursts into laughter.

Jason began hitting Jin Guk playfullly. "YAH! That's not what a best man should say to a nervous groom."

Jason was still hitting Jin Guk when Mrs. Jang entered the dressing room.

"Yah! You two are still acting like little boys. And you Jang Jason, you're already getting married in a few minutes." She scolded the two.

The two men sat properly and bowed their heads in an instant.

Jason's mother noticed that Jason still hasn't done his tie. "Stand up! I'll do your bowtie." She said sternly.

Jason stood straight while her mom did his tie. He noticed tears were forming in the corners of her eyes.

"Mom are you crying?"

"Sniff. No. Ehem. Just promise me you'll take good care of Pil Suk okay? I really like that girl." Mrs. Jang said.

"Of course. I'll take care of her till my dying breath." Jason replied with a smile.

Mrs. Jang finished doing his bowtie. She patted his son's shoulders and said "Let's go. The wedding's about to start."



 

 

The wedding ceremony was held in a botanical garden inside a glass house in the middle of a park about 30 minutes away from Seoul. There's a labyrinth on its left and a lake on its right. The altar and the aisle were decked out with magnolias and lilacs.

 

The guests were now settling down. Samdong, who was a surprise guest, sat at the back to avoid any commotion over him. The wedding is about to start. The maid-of-honor and bridesmaids were now lining up on the left side of the altar while the best man and the groomsmen are lining up on the right side of the altar. The groom stood by the aisle waiting for his bride. Jin Guk then asked Jason "Are you ready?" Jason nodded firmly.

 

The music starts playing. It was the bride's turn to walk the aisle. She was accompanied by her parents. As she arrived at the end of the aisle, she kissed her parents on the cheek. Her father then gave her hand to the groom and walked his teary-eyed wife to their seats. The bride and groom gave each other the sweetest smiles and walked together closer to the altar. They stood hand in hand as the pastor began with the wedding rites.

 

"….And now for your vows. I heard both of you have prepared your own vows. Shall we start with the groom?" The pastor said.

 

 Jason cleared his throat. He was starting to get emotional. He held Pil Suk's hands.

 

"Remember the day of our audition for Kirin, Ms. Sushi?" Jason started.

 

Pil Suk giggled a bit. It has been so long since Jason called her that.

 

"I will never forget that day because that's the day that I met the person that I would love to spend eternity with." Jason said.

 

Pil Suk smiled.

 

"Remember, the karaoke place where we first sang together. You know, I never wanted it to stop. I want to listen to your beautiful voice forever."

 

Pil Suk blushed with that statement.

 

"Lastly, remember the day we were making our video submission for a contest, it was the first time we kissed. I want to be the only man to own your kiss."

 

Pil Suk blushed even more. The guests cooed at Jason's statement.

 

"Now with this ring, I promise you that I will do everything to deserve your beautiful voice, your kiss and your company for the rest of my life. I love you…" Jason's voice croaked. He's starting to tear up. "...and I will continue to love you even if my heart stops beating." Jason said as he placed the ring on Pil Suk's finger.

 

Pil Suk was now crying. She was just full of joy and love. It was her turn now to say her vows. She tried to calm herself down first.

 

"Jason, I want you to know that since I met you my world has gone upside down." Pil Suk said with a sweet smile.

 

"But it's because of you that it changed for the better. I am my best when I'm with you. And with this ring, I promise to continue being my best, by staying by your side forever. I love you so much Jason. That would never change." Pil Suk tearily said as she placed the ring on Jason's finger.

 

"… And now I pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." The pastor said.

 

Jason held Pil Suk on the waist and kissed Pil Suk on the lips. Pil Suk hugged Jason's neck while kissing.

 

The guests cheered the newlyweds happily.

 

The newly husband and wife now walked the aisle together. At the end of it, Pil Suk suddenly stopped. Surprisingly, she decided to have her bouquet toss at that moment. She held her bouquet high and flung it behind her.  Most of the single women who were eager to get the bouquet were caught off guard. Nevertheless, the single female guests and bridesmaids still dove for the bouquet as soon as it flung through the air but it landed on the arms of an inattentive lady who was too busy finding her camera on her purse.  Of all the ladies, Hye Mi caught the bouquet. Pil Suk and Baek Hee laughed. Hye Mi was the last person they would think of getting married next. The Jang couple waved to everyone before leaving to prepare for the reception.



 

 

The reception was held on the open area by the lake. There's a fully equipped stage for the band and a huge dance floor for the guests. Round tables were placed on both sides of the dance floor while a long rectangular table, where the bride and groom will be seated, was placed in the center. The whole area was decorated by white lanterns, white and purple balloons, white and purple ribbons and flowers from the ceremony.

 

Lively music was playing. Everyone was having fun. Most of the guests were on their feet dancing the night away while some preferred to watch on the side, drinking some refreshing cocktails from the bar.

 

Hye Mi, Sam Dong and Baek Hee were beside the bar. The new couple decided to approach Baek Hee to tell her that they are now together. As her bestfriend, Hye Mi taught Baek Hee should know first.

 

She tapped her back and said "Have you met my boyfriend?” signaling that it's Sam Dong that she's referring to.

 

"Oh my gosh! Sam Dong! You're here! I didn't see you awhile ago! How have you been? Oh! You look so good. You’re really handsome. Baek Hee exclaimed while hugging Sam Dong so tightly.

 

Hye Mi figured that Baek Hee might have not heard her previous statement so she cleared and spoke in a louder voice as she pulled Sam Dong away from Baek hee. "MY BOYFRIEND: SAM DONG"

 

"Oops! Sorry. Just got over-excited" Baek Hee said sheepishly. Sam Dong smiled while scratching the  back of his head.

 

"Wait you guys are together now? Since when? How come I've learn about this only now?!" Baek Hee’s mood suddenly changed, from being embarrass to being slightly upset.

 

"Relax, it was just last night." Hye Mi immediately said to calm her down.

 

"Oh! But how about…" Baek Hee was cut by Jason who saw them from dance floor.

 

"Sam Dong! Hye Mi! Baek Hee!" Jason shouted.

 

The newlyweds paved their way to the bar.

 

"Are you guys having fun?" Pil Suk asked.

 

The three nodded reassuringly.


"Wooo! Can you believe it? I'm finally married to this beautiful girl right here!" Jason exclaimed. He was oozing with joy and energy.

 

"I want what he's drinking." Baek hee commented sarcastically.

 

Everyone laughed.

 

Jason replied "Well, it's a special drink called L-O-V-E and it can only be made for me by Pil Suk-ie."

 

Hye Mi, Sam Dong, and Baek Hee laughed even more by Jason's ultra cheesy line .

 

Pil Suk was a bit embarrassed. "Yah! Stop it with the cheesy lines. You've been doing it all night. Everyone might think we're that kind of couple."

 

"Fine. Anyway, Sam Dong, nice to see you man! It's good you made it to our wedding." Jason said in a calmer tone.

 

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world! Besides, this lady here needed a date so I happily offered my services." Sam Dong said referring to Hye Mi.

 

"They're together now! Surprise!" Baek Hee said suddenly with an unsure smile.

 

"Huh?" Jason was confused.

 

"Really? Since when?" Pil Suk was surprised.

 

"Last night." Hye Mi said as she smiled sweetly to her new boyfriend.

 

Jason was shocked. Though Sam Dong was a good friend to him, he was still saddened to hear the news. He thought of his best man Jin Guk who was preparing for his proposal to Hye Mi earnestly at the moment.  Now, everything he had been preparing for the past week will be for naught.

 

Suddenly, slow paced music began playing. Jason asked Hye Mi for a dance.

 

"Is it okay if I dance with Hye Mi for a while?" Jason asked Sam Dong's permission.

 

"Uhm sure." Sam Dong said.

 

Jason dragged Hye Mi to dance floor far enough from the group.

 

They begin to dance but Hye Mi notice something was bugging him.

 

"Jason, why did you suddenly ask to dance with me?" She asked.

 

"I needed to talk to you, alone." Jason replied seriously.

 

"Hm? About what?" Hye Mi asked.

 

"I need to talk to you about my friend, Jin Guk." Jason started.

 

"There's nothing to talk about. I'm sorry." Hye Mi interjected and stopped dancing.

 

Hye Mi turned around and was about to leave but Jason caught her wrist.

 

"Hye Mi, I know I'm not supposed to be the one to say this, but, Jin Guk has feelings for you." Jason said as he loosened his grip on Hye Mi.

 

Hye Mi turned back around to face him.

 

"H-how could you say that? That's a lie! He doesn't care for me. He hasn't even answered my calls or texts for the past week. He didn't even show up for our usual Sunday brunch together." Hye Mi's words were full of emotions. She was getting teary-eyed. She wiped the tears before it can even flow out.

 

"Ugh!" Jason face palmed himself. "Aigoo! This is my fault." He said.

 

"What do you mean?" Hye Mi was confused with his comment.

 

"It's my fault. Jin Guk lost his phone a week ago; it took him a week to get a new phone with the same number. He only got it yesterday. He asked me to tell you that he lost his phone and that he couldn't make it to your brunch last Sunday. I guess I forgot to do that, I've been really swamped with the wedding arrangements and all. I'm really sorry Hye Mi." Jason said. "Pabo! Pabo!" He said to himself as he continued to hit his forehead."

 

"He didn’t receive it after all." Hye Mi muttered under her breath.

 

Backstory: During the start of the week that Jin Guk lost his phone, Hye Mi messaged him. She asked him about their situation, hinting if there was something more to them than just being friends. It was unusual for Hye Mi to open up like that to anyone. That is why it really hurt her when Jin Guk didn’t reply or even contacted her after that.

 

The two we're silent for a while. Jason wanted to give her space since she seemed pretty affected by what he had just told her.

 

Then suddenly Jin Guk appeared.

 

"Phew! I've been looking everywhere for you." Jin Guk said to Hye Mi.

 

The two we're surprised by his deep voice.

 

"Hey man! Let me borrow Hye Mi for a while." Jin Guk said to Jason with a wink.

 

Jin Guk grabbed Hye Mi's hand and was about to lead her out when Jason spoke.

 

"Wait! I need to talk to you about something first." Jason exclaimed.

 

 "What is it? Are you nervous about your honeymoon with Pil Suk? I don't think I can help you with those kinds of things." Jin Guk said, briefly forgetting that Hye Mi was around to hear that.

 

Jason's face turned tomato red. He was stunned by Jin Guk's statement. Before he could say anything, the two left.



Hey Guys! I know I've made a flashback for the secret garden thing in the first chapter but I'm thinking of writing it again for the next chapter with more details. Whatcha think?

Anyway, thanks for the continued support. :)