Hacking Their System

Don't Try To Solve This

 

YeSung arrived early this morning at the basement office he shared with EunHyuk and Henry – his co-workers. In his mind he was early, almost an hour ahead of time, but it appeared that he was “late”. Henry and EunHyuk had already taken seat in their chairs and were fully ongoing with the research on the computers. YeSung felt a little disappointed with not being the first person behind the desk – for a change.

 

“Hey YeSung! Come check this out. I’m sending it to your computer now.” Henry said and pressed the enter button. YeSung hang his coat up and walked with quick steps to his computer, where he started it. After a few seconds he entered the password and opened the file that Henry had sent him. EunHyuk hadn’t so much as looked up at him, he didn’t know what to say, other than hello, and that seemed foolish in this situation. Plus he had to do work.

 

“Wah!” YeSung exclaimed and pushed himself far away from the screen.

 

“What?” Both EunHyuk and Henry asked and looked up at him with wide eyes.

 

“The file you sent me! Why?” YeSung quickly asked and had almost fear in the eyes. Henry looked confused at him, then at EunHyuk and back again. EunHyuk had also seen the file, so he also didn’t understand it. It wasn’t something bad, not good, but not so bad that it would bring fear in a person.

 

“Why what?” Henry quickly asked. EunHyuk looked at the two others and his head tilted to the side in surprise of what was going on. After all he sat on the side of the table, so he wouldn’t be able to see it.

 

“Why do you send me something like that? I didn’t need to see that!” YeSung’s voice was high and upset. Henry stood up and looked at YeSung’s computer screen. He was just about to stumble down on the floor, but reached to sit down in his chair instead and made big eyes.

 

“I… I didn’t send you that!” Henry quickly said, with a voice that revealed he was close to tears. EunHyuk now looked at the two terrified persons with confused and almost scared eyes.

 

“Didn’t you send the file with the suspect?” EunHyuk asked quickly. Henry just nodded, unable to say anymore. The pictures on the screen had scared him to death. Somehow YeSung’s computer had received a collectible of photos from the crime scene where RyeoWook had been stabbed, along with photos of RyeoWook’s autopsy.

 

“But… But what is it then?” EunHyuk asked confused and was somehow sure that he didn’t want to know, but his curiosity had always been too big to not satisfy. It would eat him up inside if he didn’t get to know. What he didn’t know was that the thing he wanted to know so badly would eat him up twice as much inside. YeSung pressed a few buttons on the computer keyboard with shaking hands and send the photos to EunHyuk. Somehow EunHyuk knew that it would be something bad, so he waited a few seconds before accepting the file. It loaded in a second and the photos popped up. EunHyuk starred in disbelief. All the blood and the lifeless body of RyeoWook. Both on the metal table doing autopsy, but also in the alley in that awful position he had fallen together in. All those stabs and the blood. There was blood everywhere. Even though they were all use to see blood and crime scenes, this was more than enough. This wasn’t just any crime scene; it was the crime scene of their friend. A friend who used to sit there, right beside him – everyday.

 

“How did this manage to come up, when you send a file with a suspect?” It was the only thing that EunHyuk could say, almost breathless. Henry shook his head and looked down into the table. YeSung was still shocked by the images, and they kept swirling around in his head to the point where he felt dizzy. He supported his head with his hand, and closed his eyes trying to get the pictures out of his mind, but it was impossible.

 

“Try to send the suspect file again.” EunHyuk said and tried to be more professional, but it just didn’t seem to work out as well as he had hoped, because his eyes were somewhat filled with tears, that he refused to let escape.

 

“Okay…” Henry mumbled and send the file again. YeSung accepted, hoping that there wouldn’t pop more pictures up of the dead boy he was so close to. Luckily there didn’t come more photos, and instead a file with DongHae popped up. He got a little shock, but remembered what SungMin had told him. They had taken him with them as a suspect, so this wasn’t THAT surprising, but the other two didn’t know about it, so he acted like he knew nothing.

 

“Did you get the right one this time?” Henry asked and looked carefully at YeSung. YeSung just nodded and was about to read the description of his best friend. At some point it was rather funny to read. He realized that DongHae was born in 1978 on October 15th. *I knew that* YeSung quickly thought to himself and tried not to think about that he had not really remembered that. There was still a large amount of time before it was his birthday, so he could reach to forget it along the way.

 

“Hmm…” YeSung hummed and scrolled down the page. DongHae had been let out again after the 24 hours. No proves against him. It made YeSung kind of happy that DongHae had nothing on him. If he had killed RyeoWook, YeSung perhaps would hit him – hard, with a hammer or something. SungMin should be happy now, right? Having his husband back and so on.

 

“What?” EunHyuk asked, because of YeSung’s humming. Henry looked up at EunHyuk, he hadn’t noticed that YeSung had made a noise. YeSung looked up as well.

 

“Huh?” YeSung asked and looked confused at him.

 

“Sorry, thought you had something.” EunHyuk muttered and turned his attention back to his computer.

 

“Argh !” Henry suddenly exclaimed in English, making the other two flinch both with the sudden high raised voice and the word use.

 

“What? What happened?” EunHyuk quickly asked and looked intense at him. Henry moved his fingers quicker than ever over the computer keyboard while pressing a lot of the buttons in the speed.

 

“They know I’m here.” Henry got out of his mouth in a tense voice. His fingers sped over the board and tried hard to fix the problem. It was rare that any of them was found in the police database, but when it happened they could usually fix the problem in no time.

 

“Shut off your computer YeSung.” EunHyuk quickly said, and shut off his own after saving his files that he had open. YeSung did the same and shut it off. Henry was still in the stress of getting rid of the other hacker on the line.

 

“ this one is good.” Henry exclaimed and pressed more buttons. EunHyuk and YeSung looked at him with intense looks.

 

“What should I do?” Henry quickly asked. EunHyuk ran through his brain for ideas. They couldn’t block them with virus, that could infect their own web, and shutting off Henry’s computer at this moment could be a bad idea.

 

“Should we shut down the power?” YeSung asked. Meaning by that - the power in the whole building. Then no one could find them or their location, and their web would go down too. Because they “lived” in the basement they had the power controls in the room next to them. It would only be a short power cut, and then it would be back on.

 

“Hurry!” Henry said, trying to keep the hacker out of his computer and everything else. Wondering how much the hacker knew by now. YeSung got up, rushed to the room next to them and shut down all the power. Henry’c computer shut down with a *Zooom* sound, and the lights went off. A few seconds after the lights were on again. YeSung came back with a small satisfied smile. He had always wanted to do that by himself.

 

“Did it work?” YeSung asked Henry. Henry laughed slightly.

 

“Yeah, you shut down the power so that indeed worked. But I don’t know what the hacker saw, and what he didn’t see. I tried to get him off everything, but I’m not sure how much I got cleared.” Henry quickly said and sighed heavily. He leaned back in his soft chair and crossed his arms. EunHyuk looked at him, just not saying anything.

 

“Are you sure that it was from the police? It could be another hacker who was hacking their database as well?” EunHyuk suddenly asked from a little while of silence. Henry shrugged.

 

“I don’t know. I was too busy protecting our stuff to see what the computer ID was. Though, I saw the name. The username of the computer. There were some numbers, and two X’s. I didn’t get to register the code in my head. Again – I were too busy getting him off. Sorry.” Henry answered and looked at YeSung who was now sitting down in his chair. EunHyuk nodded.

 

“It’s okay.” EunHyuk told him, gave him a weak smile.

 

“Should we turn them on again? Or is it still too dangerous?” YeSung asked and looked at the other two. Henry gave EunHyuk a quick look.

 

“I think we should switch our codes to something new, and our connection should we give a new ID.” Henry said and looked very serious.

 

“And make a quick backup of your stuff.” Henry quickly added. Henry got up and walked to the locker and entered the code combination, so he could open the locker door. He pulled out a card, and switched it with another. Pressing some buttons and turning on the thing.

 

“It should be done now.” Henry told the others, and locked the door to the locker again.

 

“He’s a genius. Too young to be a genius.” YeSung muttered, causing EunHyuk to smile. He nodded to what he had just said, agreeing with him totally. Henry came back and sat down, turning on his computer. He hadn’t heard the praising words from the other.

 

“New code and backup.” He reminded the other two and entered his code to his own computer, making assure that everything were as it should be, and checked that the hacker wasn’t in the computer system. He wasn’t, and it would have been Henry a mystery if he had, because nothing like that could be able when he had switched the card. But he had just checked to make sure. He safely changed his passwords and other codes, before doing a quick backup with the files. The other two did the same thing when they had got a clear sign from Henry that it was safe. The clear sign had only been a nod with the head, but that was enough for them to understand.