Hospital Visits

Don't Try To Solve This

 

As the darkness filled the sky and the wind blew wild outside, KangIn was rushed to an operation room. Two doctors, three nurses and a surgeon worked on getting KangIn properly put back together for about 6 hours straight. It went pretty well, and now he just needed to recover. They couldn’t tell by now, if his shoulder would work just as well as before, but they hoped for him that it would. More than a few places they needed to use metal to put him back together with, and even though, they had tried their best, he would have scars almost all the places he had been cut. A small price in comparison to losing one’s life.

 

KangIn had been put in a fake coma, just for the time being, so he could recover well. He had been in the hospital for about a day, when Siwon and HanGeng came to visit him. Siwon was about to let out a scream when he saw the condition in KangIn’s face, and that was one of the tiniest things that had been done to him. HanGeng received the information from the surgery, so he could figure out what had happened to his co-worker. The more he read from the journal, the more he knew for sure that it was those guys they were hunting. But how he was able to get away was one thing he was absolutely clueless about. It also annoyed him more than anything else, that someone had been able to get him out of there, and it hadn’t been them. Him and Siwon. How was anyone able to find him, when there was nothing the police could do? HanGeng felt a hurt in his stomach. Unbelievable… There needed to be someone out there, who was sure of what they did, and could deceive the police from their own work. HanGeng fisted his hand and was about to hit the wall, but just in time he realized that he was in the hospital, and it wouldn’t look good for him, that he was hitting the wall, in his job position. Instead he maneuvered to pretend he was brushing a hand over his hair. The classic thing to do.

 

“How is he?” HanGeng asked Siwon as he stepped into the room. Siwon looked up at him from his position in a chair beside the bed. Siwon shrugged.

 

“Let me tell you when he wakes up, or better! He could tell you himself.” Siwon answered a little ironically. HanGeng sighed deeply and dragged a chair towards Siwon, where he sat down. He crossed his legs, and shot KangIn a quick glance.

 

“I have absolutely no idea of how he managed to get out of there, but someone saved him I guess. Either that, or he has been able to get out, and someone have picked him up. The nurse told me that there had been 3 men in a car and helped him to the hospital. She didn’t know much more, because she had not been told that much. It was early in the evening yesterday. From this rapport, he was signed into the hospital around 8 pm. A little earlier, but minutes doesn’t matter.” HanGeng told Siwon, as he looked carefully at him. Siwon turned his head towards HanGeng and looked him in the eyes.

 

“Well, maybe KangIn was rescued by someone who actually wanted to find him. Normally if I was a person on the street and not with the profession I have, then I would call for help, or as some do, just let him be. I don’t think that he have had a change to get out of wherever he have been, and if you have read the rapport, you would have realized that he wasn’t able to walk because he didn’t really have a knee, and with a shoulder so damaged, I wonder how he would crawl. HanGeng realize that you were too lazy to look for him!” Siwon’s voice was raised and very fast while he talked, and was indeed angry at the end. HanGeng closed his eyes as he was almost yelled in his head.

 

“I, was Siwon? I? Did you have any brilliant ideas of how we could have found him? Hm? Because I didn’t really have any idea, and believe me, I thought. I have thought about it from the moment you called me and said he was missing. Do you think this is funny to me? Do you really think that I didn’t give a damn about him? That I would just let him be somewhere and not want to find him? BUT are you aware of how many places he could be? Do you think that we could just walk around all Seoul to find him? Don’t you think that those people who took him, was a little too sneaky to just let him be somewhere too easy to find? Because I don’t think they would just drop him on the street and drive away again. If you read the journal that you wanted to point out for me, then you would also realize that these persons wanted to torture him to death. They were not interested in letting him get away. We have him back, so let’s move on with all of this , because it does no good for either of us.” HanGeng answered. Siwon wanted to smack his head a few times while he talked, but he managed to keep it in. He still wanted his work.

 

“We could have used some of the other departments, we could have had dogs and helicopters and all sorts of things!” Siwon said annoyed in defense for Hangeng’s accusations of not having thought of anything himself. HanGeng sighed loudly.

 

“Yes! We could have had all that, but what would the results be if we used all that and we haven’t found him? Do you know what equipment like that costs? Even though he is an officer, I’m not sure that the government would give us permission to use all the equipment we have to find him, and maybe not find him? There are so many reservations to notice and maybe if we finally had all these things we needed, he would perhaps already be dead. How would you explain the government that they had just used 2 or 3 millions of dollars to rescue a dead man?” HanGeng asked, but was cut off by Siwon.

 

“You can see perfectly right here, that he is not dead! All of these stupid things you say are just “Maybe”’s . Maybe he was in a park? Maybe he was on a street? Maybe he was just in a house where we could enter as we wanted? Maybe he wasn’t this bad hurt if we had found him before? I like the word “maybe” too, and I can use it in just as many sentences as you just did. You know, the funny thing about “Maybe” is that it’s only a “Maybe”.” Siwon answered him with a raised voice and an almost angry look in his eyes. HanGeng sighed and held his head in his hand so his forehead was supported, and his gaze looking down. Desperately trying not to get furious at him and hit him, but to calm himself instead.

 

“Siwon…” HanGeng muttered and looked up at the man in front of him, who looked more torn apart, than he had ever seen him before.

 

“Maybe you should get a little vacation. A week off? I think it would do you some good.” HanGeng said and looked as calm as he could manage to be. But somehow with these words, Siwon was about to jump him and rip him apart, if it hadn’t been for a nurse that just entered.

 

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but a doctor needs to check on the patient, I may need to ask you to leave for the time he is being checked.” The nurse said as she carefully backed out and closed the door. They had both just nodded at what she had told them.

 

“I don’t need a vacation…” Siwon just answered with a cold voice, before he got up, took his jacket from the chair and walked out of the room before HanGeng could stop him. HanGeng brushed his hand over his face and got up too.

 

“Get better soon KangIn. I expect to see you soon in the office. Don’t worry too much about Siwon, he just cares about you. I’m glad to have you back, even though Siwon makes me the bad guy and get it all to sound like I didn’t care about you. For that I’m sorry. I hope you will understand when you get up. Take care.” HanGeng told the unconscious KangIn with a soft voice. He gave him a tiny pat on the hand, to let him know that he was there. People had always told him that persons in coma could hear other persons in the room and what they talked about, something like that. But it made him feel very weird for talking to him when he wasn’t answering, and the way he spoke to him also scared him a little. He shook the weird feeling off, and walked to the door, looking back at KangIn for a second, before he walked out of the door, and closed it behind him. Slowly he approached the exit door, and out on the parking lot, to find his car.

 

Just a few seconds after HanGeng had left, KangIn moved a finger. He had felt a light touch on his hand, and the brain had registered it. The machines that were attached to his body went crazy. They made all kinds of sound, because the brain activity started and the heart started beating franticly. Two nurses and a doctor hurried to the room and tried to get everything under control. They turned off the coma, got him off the different tubes and so on.

 

His eyes opened slightly and looked around in the room, he couldn’t see anything, like everything was fogged and smudges. The only thing he realized was the people around him doing all kinds of stuff. He could hear their voices really clear, but not one word of what they actually said. It was at that point he felt the pain. Even though, the nurses had given him lots of painkillers, morphine and all sorts of thing, he still felt pain in his whole body. The doctor noticed KangIn make small weird noises because of the hurt he felt, but he couldn’t say anything yet. It was like his throat was bound and his tongue didn’t exist. A nurse carefully removed the tube in his throat for getting the air to his lungs. KangIn made small hoarse noises like his breath was lacking for air. A doctor opened his eyes wider and suddenly the only thing KangIn could see was light straight to his eyeball. It hurt with the sudden light and he tried to close his eyes while the rest of his face made a grimace of pain. He had apparently moved to get away from the light in his eyes, and the pain in his body had worsened. Especially his shoulder was hurting. Again he could hear some people talk, even though he could hear they talked loudly, he couldn’t understand a word. Maybe there had been something with “Friends” and “Police”, but he was unsure, even though it would make sense. Despite his awful condition he couldn’t help but laugh on his inside by the thought of calling his co-workers “friends”.

 

Wait… How did he get here? What had happened, and why did he hurt everywhere? Had he been in some bad fight with a criminal and got beaten up by the bastard? No, that wasn’t likely. He could beat up whoever tried to hit him in just a few seconds. Did he crash in a car? Well that would be possible, especially if Siwon had been driving… Was Siwon okay then? Was he hurt somewhere? Slowly his eyes opened more and he looked around in the room. His vision wasn’t clear yet, but better than before. He wanted to lift his arm to his head, but the pain shot through his body again as he was about to lift it, so he just let it stay down by his side.

 

“Hello? Are you there?” KangIn could hear someone talking to him, like he was talking loudly directly into his ear. KangIn blinked a few times, trying desperately to get his vision cleared.

 

“Blink twice if you can hear me.” The person told him. Now he sounded a little more away. KangIn blinked twice and he could hear a few more voices around the room, but he couldn’t figure what they said.

 

“Can you move your fingers on your left hand?” The voice asked. KangIn tried but he couldn’t feel anything, so he didn’t know if he did it or didn’t.

 

“Good. How about the right?” The voice asked again. KangIn tried again, still not knowing whether he did it or not.

 

“Hmm… Interesting.” The voice muttered, but still close enough for KangIn to hear what he said. KangIn wanted to ask him what was interesting, but he couldn’t talk, or his tongue didn’t work or his throat had collapsed, he wasn’t really sure of any of those. Right now everything confused him. One thing he knew for sure – he was hurt and in the hospital. Everything else was just blurred for him right now. What was the last thing he had done before waking up here? His brain went on overwork to figure out what had happened. One of the machines went crazy by the huge brain activity, and then stopped just suddenly, as KangIn closed his eyes shut and fell unconscious again.

 

The doctor and nurses tried to find out what had happened, and a few hours went by without any further contact from KangIn to the world. By now he was still breathing almost by himself, but with a mask on instead of a tube stuck in his throat. Slowly KangIn reached the surface of the world again, when he heard voices next to him. He wanted to turn his head to see who it was, but somehow nothing in his body wanted to work.

 

“Did you see that?” Siwon asked when he saw small movements from KangIn. HanGeng looked at KangIn too, but shook his head.

 

“No I didn’t.” HanGeng answered, but already alarmed to call the staff when he saw something. They had arranged peace between them, and HanGeng had surrendered to Siwon because he didn’t want to hear more from the idiot’s mouth about how incompetent and bad he was as a boss, so he had just said that he had been handling the case wrong, and that they shouldn’t discuss it more. Siwon had obviously been satisfied with that, and they hadn’t mentioned it again in the 2-3 hours they had been in the room. KangIn moved a finger on his left side, but that wasn’t visible for the two, so they didn’t notice it.

 

“Perhaps there wasn’t anything.” Siwon muttered and turned his head to face HanGeng again. KangIn made small noises underneath the breathing mask and both of the men turned to him. Siwon sent HanGeng a quick look that HanGeng could immediately read and got up. He went to a doctor there was standing in the hallway and told him what had happened. The doctor followed him to the room instantly. Siwon was already standing next to KangIn and held his hand very lightly, careful not to touch anything that could cause damage, or touch his small wounds on the hand. The doctor came across the room and checked something on a machine, before he took out the small flashlight and checked KangIn’s eyes. Once again KangIn didn’t like the sudden light in his eyes.

 

“S…M… T…” KangIn mumbled something completely incomprehensible, but the doctor reacted quickly. He pressed the red button to get some help, and a nurse came immediately.

 

“I think you need to leave the room. I’m sorry. We will take good care of your friend, and you can wait just outside.” The nurse told them, and they both nodded. Siwon let go of KangIn’s hand, before following HanGeng out of the room. A doctor and a nurse hurried to the room, and they closed the door behind them, lighting a lamp so people could see that there was occupied for bigger examination.

 

“He will be out soon right?” Siwon asked without giving a single look to HanGeng. He could hear that HanGeng didn’t know with the little noise he made. After a little half an hour the door opened again.

 

“You may enter. He should be awake a little while, but don’t push him too hard to tell everything, he needs rest.” The doctor told them and left the room. Siwon and HanGeng bowed for him and walked into the room. KangIn was lying on the bed, but with the upper part of it, a little raised up. Not much, but a little.

 

“Hey, how are you?” Siwon asked as he got closer to him. KangIn blinked a few times. HanGeng slowly approached the bed too, but he let Siwon do what he wanted first. He was after all the person that had craved to see him.

 

“Mmr... I understand. From what I read from the journal, it doesn’t look too good huh?” Siwon said to KangIn as he placed himself in the chair next to the bed. KangIn smiled very lightly and blinked again, only just one time.

 

“You will soon be on your feet again.” Siwon assured him and smiled back at him. KangIn smiled a little more. At least that was one thing that didn’t hurt that much.

 

“Does it hurt a lot? Don’t they give you something to ease the pain?” Siwon asked like he was a 10-year-old kid that asked his father about car parts, while building a car. KangIn smiled a little more and rolled his eyes at him. Siwon laughed a little.

 

“Ah, yeah sorry. I’m just curious, and you know… I don’t want you to feel hurt…” The last thing was said very quiet. Siwon hadn’t even realized that he was holding KangIn’s hand, as he apparently had taken while he had sat down. KangIn gave his hand a tiny little squeeze, but Siwon noticed it immediately. Siwon nodded a little and smiled to himself. HanGeng just stood a little away and watched the scene like those movies where a girlfriend is crying over her boyfriend after an accident and when he finally wake up the girlfriend pretends like there’s nothing and is just shy. HanGeng raised an eyebrow, while thinking of girlfriend and boyfriend. Did Siwon have a crush or something on KangIn? That’s was indeed something new if that was true. It would actually make sense if that was the case.

 

“Do you remember anything… Anything at all, about what happened?” Siwon asked KangIn with a rather soft voice. KangIn blinked one time and Siwon nodded.

 

“Okay, we can talk about that later. Maybe you will remember something when you wake more up.” Siwon said and smiled a little to him. A nurse knocked on the door and smiled to them all.

 

“I’m sorry to interrupt, but we need to give him some more medicine, and he will get tired so he needs rest.” The nurse said and smiled to them. Siwon let go of KangIn’s hand, and got up.

 

“We will see each other later. Take good care of yourself.” Siwon said while walking away from him. KangIn blinked twice and HanGeng lifted his hand in goodbye before they both got out of the door. HanGeng grabbed Siwon’s wrist and pulled him to the side, while looking very intense at him. Siwon’s eyes grew wide and full of confusion.

 

“Do you like him?” HanGeng asked bluntly. Siwon pulled his arm back, and shook his head wildly.

 

“No! If you mean like, in love-like, then no! Gosh no! Do you think I’m a or something?” Siwon asked him with an accusing voice. HanGeng looked a little more intense at him, but he could see that Siwon was telling the truth.

 

“I just wanted to know. I don’t want weird relationships in my office.” HanGeng said and started walking away. Siwon laughed a little because he felt that HanGeng was really weird right now. Siwon followed him out to the parking lot and they both got into each of their own cars, he made a little wave, before driving out on the street in the other direction of HanGeng.

 

KangIn slept the rest of the day and the night too. Siwon and HanGeng visited again the following day. Now it was a Saturday so it was better with work and they had more time to be there. KangIn was awake when they came to the hospital around 11 am. Siwon entered first and earned a lively smile from KangIn that was sitting up a little with the support from the bed. It was only a little, but it felt better than if he was lying down. HanGeng also entered and lifted his hand in greeting.

 

“Do you feel better?” Siwon asked KangIn and gained all his attention. HanGeng sat down in the chair he had been sitting in the last few times. KangIn smiled.

 

“Yeah… I’m better. Even though, everything still hurts like hell.” He answered with a little hoarse voice, but it was only like a little shaking. He made a little smile, to pretend that the pain wasn’t really anything. But Siwon could read him like a book, and knew that he was in pain all the time, even for all the medicine they gave him.

 

“I hope it gets better. Now… Can you remember anything?” Siwon asked and looked almost hopeful at him. KangIn looked down in a kind of embarrassment.

 

“No… I can’t remember much. I remember a lot of blood, pain, and the room was grey. Like concrete grey, and it was everywhere. I remember at gunshot, and some people talk. I think that’s all.” KangIn answered and finally looked at both of them again.

 

“Hey, it’s okay. It has been very traumatic and you have been in a coma. There’s nothing to blame you for not remembering everything. Maybe you should be happy for not remembering.” HanGeng said, perhaps not the greatest of help, but he tried his best.

 

“Yes, I know. But we have finally had a chance to know who the persons behind all of this might have been, and then I can’t remember a thing. That’s really some deep …” KangIn answered. He was clearly not satisfied with himself, and Siwon was fully aware of that. So he placed a hand near KangIn’s shoulder, because it was the damaged one that he was closest to, and he didn’t want to touch his wound, so he only placed it close to it.

 

“Don’t blame yourself this. It’s really okay. Maybe if you see the persons again, you can remember them or something like that. But I think that our Boss is right. It’s probably best that you can’t remember.” Siwon said softly and took his hand back. KangIn moved his head like a nod, but it was nothing near a nod.

 

“Do you know who got me here? Saved me, so to speak.” KangIn asked and looked at them. Siwon shook his head.

 

“No, I’m sorry KangIn. The only persons who saw them haven’t given a description of them, and from what I have heard, the guys who brought you here, told them not to remember them, and keep their existence a secret. The only thing I know is that there were 3 men, and they got you here by car. It’s the only thing I can tell you. After all the staff has professional secrecy like us.” Siwon answered him with a little sad tone. He really wanted to know who the guys were that had brought him here to the hospital. At least so he could thank them.

 

“Oh, okay. Then I can maybe find them somehow in another way.” KangIn muttered to himself. A small hour went by where they just talked, not that much of what had happened, but about stuff they didn’t really talk to each other about in the office. Nothing in particular, but just normal stuff. Later Siwon and HanGeng were kicked out by a nurse and they went home so the man could get some sleep. HanGeng had informed ShinDong about everything each time he had seen KangIn. ShinDong had visited KangIn one time, but it was a quick visit, even though it was only 20 minutes, it somehow felt like a warming breeze in KangIn’s stomach. He always nagged on ShinDong and even if he told him a lot of unnecessary things, he was there anyway. KangIn needed to admit that ShinDong was a great friend, a friend he just didn’t know he had. He was actually looking forward to get back to the office again. To move on with his life.

 

 

A/N: I know it has been a while since my last update, and I hope to post an update more today. :) Even though the story isn't great after the judge on viewers and subscribers - and comments, then I still want to continue to write it... ^^ Thanks to those persons who read this, if there actually are someone who does.