A Guest More

Don't Try To Solve This

 

”Hey Ryeo…” YeSung said, he sounded a bit tired, just like he had been sleeping and woke by the call.

 

“Hey buddy. I need to hear about something. Have you been in a fight with DongHae or something? He seems pretty pissed at you?” RyeoWook quickly asked. He knew that he couldn’t stay in the bathroom forever, so he needed to hurry up. YeSung sounded like he woke up immediately, and sounded a bit confused.

 

“No? I don’t think so. Why would he be pissed at me?” YeSung asked him back. RyeoWook rolled his eyes.

 

“Well, that was what I asked you. Can you come to their house? Like you just wanted to stop by. And act natural or else DongHae would know that I have called you. He probably knows anyway…” RyeoWook asked, and the last part he just mumbled for himself. He flushed the toilet, to make it sound more real.

 

“Wait, have you just been on the toilet in the conversation?” YeSung asked, almost disgusted.

 

“No silly. I am in the bathroom, excused that I needed to use the toilet. But can you stop by? I need to see his reaction, and how he will take it if he sees you. And are you sure that there’s nothing going on between you?” RyeoWook asked once more, just to be sure, in case that there really was something, then he wouldn’t add gasoline to the fire. YeSung sighed to the last question.

 

“I don’t know what’s wrong with him, but believe me, I can’t think of anything that I have done to piss him off. And yes, I can visit them if you want me to. I’ll be there in about half an hour. I need a shower.” YeSung said and RyeoWook could hear that he stumbled out of bed. RyeoWook the water at the sink, to “wash his hands”.

 

“Have you been sleeping?” RyeoWook asked with a small laugh.

 

“Yeah, I took a nap. I’ve been working all night, and I needed sleep.” YeSung answered and groaned.

 

“Okay, but I’ll see you soon. I need to go. Bye.” RyeoWook quickly said, and hung up before YeSung could answer him. Causing YeSung to just look stupid at his phone, when the connection was turned off, and he threw the phone on the bed, before he went into the bathroom to have a shower.

 

RyeoWook put his phone back in his pocket, and unlocked the door, and walked out. In two seconds he thought that DongHae had been listening by the door, but he was just walking by and stopped when the door opened.

 

“That took a long time.” DongHae stated and RyeoWook smiled weakly.

 

“Stomach issues.” He replied and pulled his shoulders, before they walked into the kitchen together. SungMin stood by the stove and was cooking some rice and some more in other pots and some chicken on a pan.

 

“Wow, you sure are a good cook.” RyeoWook said teasingly. He had known SungMin for years, and knew that he was an amazing cook. SungMin smiled by the compliment.

 

“Thanks, but you know that already… Or are you just acting like you get surprised every time?” SungMin added teasingly back to him. RyeoWook shrugged and laughed a bit.

 

“You never know.” He teased back, and sat down on one of the chairs. DongHae had already placed himself on one of the other chairs, so he just sat there anticipating.

 

“No you don’t, but I know that you know that I’m a great cook.” SungMin said and felt the victory.

 

“I guess I have to surrender this time. You’re right. Satisfied?” RyeoWook asked and smiled slightly.

 

“I’m always satisfied.” SungMin said with a big smile and stirred the pots.

 

“Get over here.” SungMin said shortly after, and RyeoWook got up, to do what he told him to. SungMin found a teaspoon, adding some of the content from one of the pots, and slowly blew on it before he fed it to RyeoWook. RyeoWook tasted it, and his eyes lit up.

 

“That’s really good! You are still one of the best cooks I know. I can’t wait to dinner.” RyeoWook said vigorous and smiled big.

 

“I’m glad you like it. There’s plenty, so you can eat as much as you want.” SungMin said smiling, and put the teaspoon down on the table, before he stirred the pot with kimchi. RyeoWook stood beside him and looked down in the pots, amazed by the content in them. It smelled so good that he just wanted to eat it right away. He could feel his stomach rumble and almost prayed that SungMin didn’t hear it. It seemed like he didn’t, because he didn’t say anything, but a small smile on his lips gave him away. RyeoWook couldn’t resist smiling a little bit himself. SungMin was just so great, and he really cared about him.

 

They had been friends since way back. RyeoWook couldn’t even count the years they had been friends, but for him it didn’t matter, time was just another kind of amount. He knew that they would always stay friends, right till the end, which was so far away. When DongHae and SungMin had found together, he knew that they were made for each other. DongHae and RyeoWook had quickly become friends too, and they were good to take care of SungMin when he needed someone.

 

The doorbell rung a few minutes later and SungMin looked confused at DongHae.

 

“Do we expect anyone?” SungMin asked him, and he shook his head, just as confused as SungMin. SungMin shrugged his shoulders and left the stove, to go and see who it was. He opened the door and looked at YeSung with a smile.

 

“Hello YeSung! How lovely to see you!” SungMin said happily, and gave him a hug. YeSung smiled and hugged him back. He was a bit nervous to see DongHae because he didn’t know what to expect from him. A cold shoulder or a person who acted like nothing. YeSung bowed when he walked inside and took his coat and shoes off.

 

“Hello Minnie, it’s good to see you too. I just wanted to stop by and see how you two were, and I was just in the neighborhood, so I thought it was convenient to make a visit.” YeSung said and gave SungMin a small squeeze on the shoulder, before they both moved into the kitchen.

 

“Oh well hello RyeoWook. I didn’t know you were here. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have come then, I thought you were alone home.” YeSung apologized and bowed for them to be polite.

 

“Oh no, no, no! There is plenty of room for all of us. I’m sure that we can all be here.” SungMin said with a sweet smile. DongHae got up to greet his friend. They gave each other a manly hug, and DongHae offered YeSung to sit down with a hand gesture.

 

“How are you YeSung?” DongHae asked politely. YeSung looked around in the kitchen and turned his gaze towards DongHae when the latter asked him the question.

 

“Uh, I’m fine. How about you two?” YeSung asked to be polite and looked at DongHae and switched to SungMin, before he once again looked at DongHae. YeSung could feel the fake personality that DongHae had taken cover of. What the matter was he couldn’t tell. So RyeoWook had been right… DongHae was different, and maybe more towards YeSung than the others, but perhaps it was just something he thought.

 

“We are good. Yes, it’s very well here.” SungMin answered and smiled quickly to him, before he turned his head again to the pots on the stove and stirred some more in them. RyeoWook looked intensely at DongHae’s back so he could see YeSung, and follow DongHae’s moves, but DongHae couldn’t see his interest in the conversation – or the lacking of so.

 

“Do you want to join us for dinner? You haven’t eaten yet have you? There is plenty so that’s not a problem.” SungMin said enthusiastic and poured some of the food into bowls and other kind of useful plates.

 

“Seems like I have no choice. And no I haven’t got anything to eat.” YeSung teased, and smiled to him.

 

“No, you actually haven’t gotten any choice. I have decided for you.” SungMin teased back, and put the food on the table. RyeoWook was about to find the bowls and such for them to eat from. SungMin was happy for the help. Normally DongHae could help, but he didn’t do it too often.

 

They all sat down by the table, and ate, mostly in silence, but they chatted about small things at times. DongHae seemed to be warmed up after a bit of time, but both RyeoWook and YeSung was in doubt whether it was fake or real. But they just acted along that nothing was wrong.

 

After dinner they sat in the living room, and had some tea, SungMin blabbering away about their (maybe) trip to The United States (perhaps) in the summer. RyeoWook had already gotten the talk, but YeSung also needed to hear – of course. RyeoWook was dying of laughter on his inside, because he knew that YeSung acted totally like himself when he had had the speech. Nodding and answering when he felt it was necessary.  A good while after, they decided to leave, it was already dark outside.

 

“Thank you for a lovely dinner and a good evening. I hope to see you soon in the future.” YeSung said politely to both SungMin and DongHae. He bowed low, and smiled to them.

 

“Thanks for today, I will see you later. I hope it to be sooner than last time.” RyeoWook said after YeSung had spoken. He bowed too, and gave SungMin a hug.

 

“No, it’s us who thank you. It’s so nice to see you, and come again soon. We love to have you.” SungMin said smiling brightly. DongHae put his arm around SungMin’s waist and smiled politely to the two others.

 

“We will see each other soon, I promise.” DongHae said and bowed his head for them.

 

“Good. And thanks again. Goodbye.” RyeoWook said and got into his car. YeSung smiled slightly and gave SungMin a short hug.

 

“Goodbye.” He said and got into his car. He closed the door and RyeoWook waved before he did the same. They their cars, and drove away after a last wave to the couple that stood and smiled after them.