The Detectives

Don't Try To Solve This

 

It had been a few days since YeSung and RyeoWook had visited SungMin and DongHae, and now the Monday had entered the door. YeSung had killed his alarm clock and kicked himself out of bed, before he went to the bathroom and took a short, but hot shower. The water sure had awoken him, and shortly after he was about to step into his car, when he remembered that he hadn’t gotten any breakfast. He shrugged his shoulders and turned the engine on and left for his “work”.

 

RyeoWook was sitting and enjoying eating his breakfast, when he saw the time on his wristwatch. He hurried up and stuffed the last of his rice into his mouth before he threw the rice bowl into the sink and ran out to get his jacket, and drove to “work”.

 

EunHyuk sat by the computer when Henry arrived. The place was a basement underneath a rather big building, but no one actually knew that there was a basement, except for those four, and a guard, but he just ignored them when they arrived.

 

“Good morning. You sure are on time.” EunHyuk said with a slight smile, but kept looking at the computer screen. Making Henry doubt that he even knew who had entered the door. He hung his jacket on a coat rack and moved closer to his senior.

 

“Better on time than late, right?” Henry asked and smiled a little. EunHyuk nodded and looked up from his computer.

 

“Can you teach that to the two others? They could learn something from it. I guess.” EunHyuk said as a joke. He smiled a little more, and looked at Henry. Henry bowed for him, and sat down across the table. The table was rather big, and there was four computers attached to it, which was their work station, and they all had their own, so they couldn’t use the others, but there was no need for that. EunHyuk still looked at Henry.

 

“Had a good night?” EunHyuk asked and his gaze rested on Henry.

 

“Yeah, I think so. Well I have been sleeping, so I don’t really know if it was a good night. A night like all the others, right?” Henry said with a smile and his computer. EunHyuk nodded to his answer, which make sense.

 

“I give the other two five minutes. Then we should call them. I really hope they are out of bed.” EunHyuk stated and got up to go to the small kitchen-like area.

 

“Want coffee?” EunHyuk offered and poured himself a cup of the hot liquid.

 

“Yeah thanks.” Henry answered and smiled. Shortly after there stood a mug of hot coffee beside him, and he took a small sip of it, testing how hot it was, but it was not too hot.

 

Around five minutes later, EunHyuk was just about to call RyeoWook and YeSung, when the door opened and both of them entered together.

 

“Hey, sorry about we are so late. The traffic was a mess!” YeSung said and hung his coat beside Henry’s jacket. RyeoWook took his jacket off, and tried to hang it up on the coat rack, but his attempt failed and he needed to pick it up from the ground, before he could try again. This time he was luckier.

 

“I was just about to call you, but it’s good that you are here now. Sit down.” EunHyuk said and pointed at the two empty spots where they used to sit. RyeoWook hurried to his seat after his struggle with his jacket, but he placed himself in his chair and YeSung sat across him on the side of the table.

 

“Okay, there is not much today, but we know that the cops have nothing to do either. I think that the boss of the investigation department, HanGeng, has some trouble. I have seen him a couple of times, and he looks worried. With no reason I guess. But there have been no investigation in a while now, and I think that the group we have been on track of in a long time now has gone underground.” EunHyuk said. The daily introduction of what happens and what they can expect.

 

“So we can’t find out any more of what the killer group has in mind, before they strike again?” YeSung asked and looked at EunHyuk. EunHyuk thought a few seconds and opened his mouth to speak.

 

“Not really. We can’t find any trace of them, even though we have tried for a long time now. They leave no sign or evidence whatsoever, so it’s getting hard to find them without any trace to follow.” EunHyuk answered. RyeoWook looked back and forth between them, before deciding to speak too.

 

“What about the latest kill? It’s a good time back, but wasn’t there anything? Not at all? Fingerprints, something?” He asked. EunHyuk shook his head and sighed.

 

“Sorry guys, but not even a single one of the murders has given sign of who it is. We know it’s a group of killers, because the murders are different from each other, but some of them have the same way of procedure. Which make no sense at all. The investigation department had some thoughts about if it was a group at all, but the evidence point in that direction. It’s not all murders there are connected, but a lot of them have the same background or something that connects them. The investigation points in a lot of different directions, but it seems like there is one big brain behind it all, and that he has people to do the dirty job for him. He must have a motive for it. I don’t think he is doing it for fun. But if we look…” EunHyuk spoke and at the end he did something on the computer, and few second after, there popped something up on the other three screens. The three other guys opened the files and they all looked at it.

 

“If we look at the victims, a lot of them are wealthy and with good health. That’s the major of the victims. Perhaps the “Big Brain” has an issue with them. The major part of the victims has families and lives a good life, with a good paying job. A few of them even has a head job. They are bosses of bigger firms and even one of them was the leader of a chain of hotels here in Seoul, but also in the rest of the world. In USA, Europe and even a few in South America. He was a highly respected man, and his bank account didn’t suffer anything, if you can put it that way. His wife got all his money and the big house, and everything else when he died. First the investigation department thought that she had been behind the murder, eventually they found out that she really was heartbroken, which they thought she had just acted. If you look further down, you see that she is actually on the list too. Not long ago, she suffered the same destiny as her husband, and the money disappeared. That’s why the investigation department started to think that there was some genius behind, that needed money. I have tried to track down the money that disappeared from the account shortly after the wife’s death, but it seems that they have vanished. They have not been withdrawn from the bank, but the account that they have been transmitted to, doesn’t exist. See, that’s a bit of a problem. This means that there is no lead at all in that direction.” EunHyuk kept talking, the others listened carefully, knowing that they had to be put in the case – once again – and hear if any new tracks were showing. Sometimes a new set of eyes, or in this context ears, could see another perspective of the case. But this time, no one of the other three could see anything that could be the smallest lead in a direction that could be useful.

 

“The latest murder was a 40-year-old male, with no long education, other than the normal middle school education. But he was very wealthy, probably the reason why he didn’t take an education, he didn’t need one. Once again the bank account was emptied for money just a short amount of time after the murder. The man’s body was not even found when his bank account was emptied. So, that must mean that the genius has some kind of hacker, or what would be worse, an employee inside the bank industry. I have tried to hack me into the latest murders bank account, but the account was already shut down shortly after the money was transferred. Maybe this person, who is behind all this, tries to cover up. Killing the person, stealing the money and shutting the account down, so there can be no trace of the money transfer. All this could be a lead, that he has some kind of co-operation with one inside the bank. Who wouldn’t like a few extra cash almost for free? It’s just a few clicks and it’s gone.” EunHyuk said and looked at the other three. They were still awake, so he felt that he was free to continue, but before he could Henry opened the mouth and started talking.

 

“So what do you think we should look for? A person in a bank, whose bank account, has increased a lot in a short amount of time? That won’t be difficult. But do we know a specific bank or shall I research different banks to be sure?” Henry asked. He was the best hacker of them, but they were all pretty good at it. Hacking into a bank is not that hard, but it requires some good password-breakers.

 

“That’s a good idea Henry. Do that immediately, and send what you get to us. If there is anything that increased with more than 50.000.000 won or around 45.000 dollars if the bank is using that currency, then you send it to us, we check it out and maybe we can find something. If we are lucky it should not be a problem.” EunHyuk said and smiled a bit. He was happy with his co-workers, they had brains for themselves. Henry started his research, and quickly there popped a few accounts up from the first bank. They sat in silence for a while, while they worked and sometimes there were a few small *Plings* indicating that there was a new bank worker who needed a check.

 

“Hey, this guy, his account has increased with about a million dollars within the last 4 month. That’s suspicious. I’m going to check him out. Two seconds.” YeSung said and clicked a new program open. He found the person in the program and read aloud what he could find.

 

“Name: Lee Won Yi. Age: 43. Work: Bank employee. He has no criminal past, so he’s not known to the police. No family. Which means that there can happen nothing to people close to him. He’s been to The United States for some years, before returning to South Korea, with an education in economy. He seems decent, but with a raise in his account with so much, in just a few month, that seems suspicious.” YeSung said and RyeoWook nodded.

 

“It’s not normal, no matter what he does for living. Even if he was a drug dealer, he wouldn’t get that much. There must be something behind that. Save the file.” EunHyuk said and looked into the computer screen again, and looked up a new file, before closing it again shortly after. The file that YeSung had found was bugging him. Everything indicated that it was him. No one of the others he had seen had gotten so much money in such a short time. EunHyuk opened the file again to look on, they couldn’t stop already, even though it had been so long, it was almost lunch time. His stomach moved on the inside and twisted with small noises. No one of the others seemed to notice, so he didn’t care.

 

Not long after, Henry had noticed just not acted on it, got up from the chair. The others looked confused at him, standing up suddenly.

 

“How about some lunch?” He said and smiled widely. EunHyuk’s stomach was about to make higher noises with the thought of getting food.

 

“Sounds good! But I will go get it. You have to research more, so we have work to do. You can’t go and leave us doing nothing. So I will get some. Sandwiches?” RyeoWook said and asked the last part, which the others just nodded.

 

“Okay, then I’ll just sit back down, and continue.” Henry said and sat down with a small *bump*. RyeoWook smiled satisfied. He waved and walked out after getting his jacket by the coat rack.

 

“I’m back in a minute!” RyeoWook yelled from the doorway and they heard the door close behind him. They continued with the work, while RyeoWook was on his way up the stairs and out of the building. There was a perfect sandwich bar just around the corner and they used to get something from there almost every day. Except from the days they decided to eat a china box. It was quick and it was cheap.

 

RyeoWook turned around the corner and in one of the small alleys there were all around the city, a guy stood. He was throwing a coin up and down in the air. He looked familiar, but it was rather dark in the alley, so RyeoWook couldn’t really see who it was. He made the mistake and stopped by the alley, the person looked at him from the short distance. The other guy stopped the coin and put it back in his pocket. He made a gesture with two of his fingers, to tell RyeoWook to come closer. Normally RyeoWook would never do that, but this time the person seemed familiar, so he didn’t think so much about it, he just walked towards the guy and stopped in his tracks a few feet away from him.