It Just Got Serious

Don't Try To Solve This

EunHyuk sat by his computer and tapped away on it, while Henry was searching for something by clicking the mouse a hundred times or so, in the hour that had just passed by. YeSung had a stone-face while reading something on the internet.

 

“Hey guys! Something just popped up. It’s an email that had been sent from a police officer, to one of those guys in the investigation department. Choi Siwon if I’m correct.” Henry suddenly said. The other two looked at him with interest.

 

“I’ll just send it to you.” Henry said before neither of them could utter a word. Both of their computers made a little *pling* and the email popped up on their screens too.

 

“I hope you find your friend, safe and alright. I can tell you care for him and like him, and you think he is a good friend. Even though, he seemed to have a bad day. I hope you are okay. Call me if there’s anything that I can do for you. – Choi SaRang.”

 

They all read the small intro to some files from a crime scene. It looked nasty from the pictures to judge, but that wasn’t what caught their interest by now.

 

“What do you think that means? Which friend is not alright?” Henry softly asked a little confused. YeSung shrugged, wanting to know the same.

 

“Didn’t you notice the “Find” in the first sentence?” EunHyuk asked. They both looked an extra time on the screen.

 

“That must mean that this friend is gone somehow. Could it be one of his co-workers? I could imagine that.” Henry said, the first line he said was rather noticed for the other two, they had figured that out.

 

“Hmm… Aren’t there only three that goes out? I believe the secretary usually stays in the office all the time. So that must mean that only two of the others can be missing. Two seconds…” YeSung said, tapping like crazy on his computer for a minute or so, before finding what he searched for.

 

“Aha… I guessed so. HanGeng, the boss, have used his computer in the mean time, when these pictures have been taken.” YeSung said. The other two understood.

 

“So that leaves the last one left. But doesn’t the boss usually go with them?” EunHyuk suddenly asked. Henry shrugged a bit.

 

“Usually yes, but it shows on his computer that he have had some work to do. I guess it must have been important somehow, means he needed to do it, before going. So he sent the others.” YeSung answered him. EunHyuk nodded.

 

“Hey! Do you still have the coordination’s from the phones they use? Maybe we can find him somehow with that?” Henry asked EunHyuk. EunHyuk started looking through the files that could happen to be that.

 

“Yeah, right here actually.” EunHyuk said, a little impressed by the quick brain in front of him. Not that he was a dumb guy, he really wasn’t, but he hadn’t even thought about that possibility before he had mentioned it.  

 

“Can you see where it is?” YeSung asked hopefully. EunHyuk shook his head.

 

“No, but I may be able to trace it back to the day where he was caught. I guess that’s the same date as the woman sent Choi Siwon that message.” EunHyuk clicked back to see the date. Monday the 3rd.

 

“Do you have any idea of the time?” EunHyuk softly asked, well-knowing that they wouldn’t have any idea about it, as well as he had the lack of knowing too. They both sent him a look, telling him no.

 

“I thought so.” He muttered to himself. He pressed a few keys and watched the whole day of where KangIn had been. His could trace his phone, and saw every move he make. The driving to the office, out again a little after, into the car, driving to the crime scene, going into the building, coming out a little after, walking around outside and on the other side of the building. Then suddenly the moving stopped, and started moving rather slowly. Then it got moving very fast, as if it was transported by something - like a car. EunHyuk could see that they ended up somewhere and the signal disappeared.

 

“Hmm… Maybe he’s there then?” He mumbled to himself, looking up from the screen, and seeing the other two starring at him.

 

“What?” EunHyuk asked. YeSung had his arms crossed and was leaning back in the chair. Not showing that he was angry, it was just a comfortable position.

 

“Yeah, well… You could tell us?” Henry asked with a more lightly mood. Hoping to get some good news. EunHyuk looked down on his screen again. The signal was back and moving fast again. Suddenly the signal got lost again. He had of course sat the speed up to not look at his whole day. A few times he had slowed the speed down, when he stopped moving, or like now, when the signal got lost. EunHyuk sat the speed up, so maybe he could get a signal again. But he didn’t.

 

“Well, that is interesting.” EunHyuk said. He sent a screenshot of the place, with the street name and so on, to the others. They opened the mail and checked it.

 

“Well, he must be there then? Right?” YeSung asked. Hoping that it wasn’t something really bad happened there.

 

“Yeah, I would guess so.” EunHyuk answered with a little shrug. YeSung nodded to himself.

 

“Should we do something? Like… Get him or something like that?” Henry asked. YeSung shrugged and looked at EunHyuk.

 

“Well, he could have gone himself. In his own free will?” EunHyuk said. They couldn’t just bump in somewhere they weren’t sure of, and if he really had wanted to go himself, then they shouldn’t rescue him.

 

“It didn’t sound like that on the message from the police woman.” Henry answered. YeSung nodded agreeing.

 

“And don’t you think that he would have told at least someone that he would go?” YeSung added to what Henry had asked. EunHyuk sighed a little, not loud.

 

“Okay, but what if there’s nothing? What would we do then?” EunHyuk asked, trying to get a little sense kicked into their brains.

 

“People can’t know that we know each other like this right?” EunHyuk said shortly after before the other two could answer the first thing he had said. YeSung nodded a little.

 

“Yeah, that’s of course true. But should we inform the cops then?” Henry said. EunHyuk quickly looked at him.

 

“No! We can’t do that. That would be disposing us. If they have no clue where he is, then they would suspect us for being together with those who might have taken him or something. We can’t just tell them that we have hacked their system over years. That would be stupid. And they would ask how we would know where he was.” EunHyuk explained. They both agreed with him. It was just frustrating if they needed to do it themselves. But they couldn’t let him die or whatever was happening, if they could do something to help it. After all, they knew him like a close person because they knew everything about him. He just didn’t know them. And it was important to maintain it that way.

 

“BUT! What we can do… We can wait for some hours and put an alarm on, so in case he would leave the place, we would notice it. If he’s not out, then we can go.” EunHyuk said, like it was the solution on everything. YeSung sent him an almost judging look.

 

“You are aware of that this happened two days ago? Right?” YeSung asked with a calm voice, looking at him with those judging eyes. EunHyuk almost awoke.

 

“Oh yes! … I thought it was the same day, because the date is on the screen. Then we should do something!” EunHyuk quickly said with his voice sounding like it was an apology. Henry smiled a little by EunHyuk realizing what they wanted to tell him.

 

“Yeah! That’s what we wanted to hear!” YeSung said a little jokingly. EunHyuk didn’t think it was that funny, but he smiled a little anyway.

 

“But what should we do? When we get there, and if there’s like… A ton of people waiting?” Henry asked after. The other two looked at him, wondering the same.

 

“We can go there, and find our way in, then I have a little computer that can tell if there are people inside. It’s like a heat-seeking device.” EunHyuk answered. They looked at him, and thought it was a rather okay plan.

 

“Should we go by car?”  Henry asked, after giving a little nod to agree with EunHyuk.

 

“No, I think we should walk about three miles or so.” YeSung answered sarcastically. Henry made a fake laugh.

 

“Guys, no kindergarten.” EunHyuk said and looked at them with a serious expression. They both sighed and knew he was right.

 

“Yes, we are taking my car, at the time we will see if the place is surrounded by guards or something.” EunHyuk answered, standing up from his chair. He printed a navigation-map from the computer, and shut it down. The other two closed their computers too, so they could go.

 

“Guys? I just want you to know, that I can’t handle a weapon.” Henry slowly stated. The other two looked at him with a little sympathy as he looked like he was ashamed of himself.

 

“That’s okay. We can, then that should be enough.” YeSung answered, putting a light hand on Henry’s shoulder. EunHyuk smiled warmly to him.

 

“Hopefully we won’t need to.” EunHyuk said, taking the map out the printer, and unlocked a safety box, taking two guns from it. He gave one to YeSung and kept one himself.

 

“Let’s go.” YeSung said as he felt they were ready to go. They went to the car area, and got into EunHyuk’s car rather quickly. EunHyuk backed out of the parking lot, and out on the street. YeSung told him the way, as Henry was in the back.

 

“Can I keep you as a GPS?” EunHyuk teased YeSung a little, because he sounded like one. Like saying “Turn left by the next light”, and “By the next stop, you should continue to drive straight ahead”. YeSung laughed a little, noticing that he had sounded like one, but only just now.

 

“Well, at least you are more enjoyable to be around than the woman that speaks. Sometimes she gives me the creeps because of her annoying voice.” EunHyuk added, causing both YeSung and Henry to laugh at that. Slowly getting the tension around them to ease.

 

“I’m glad that you enjoy my presence more than your GPS’.” YeSung said, laughing a little. EunHyuk smiled, not answering that.

 

“Oh. Next turn left and then about 200 meters we should be there.” YeSung quickly said, EunHyuk pulling over in the right track, so he could turn left. They saw the place as they turned. The next 200 meters weren’t far, and they noticed a small, but a little long, street, that led to the place.

 

“Should we?” Henry asked, as they couldn’t see where the street led to, because it was like it just disappeared.

 

“Let’s try.” EunHyuk said, hoping for the best. He turned down the small street, and when they got closer, they could see that the street led down to a sort of basement. They looked for a short moment at each other, driving very slowly. YeSung nodded like saying “Let’s do it”. EunHyuk gave him a nod back and they drove down to the basement. They were clearly very surprised that there weren’t anything to stop them. Usually people would put a fence or barrier to keep other people out that shouldn’t be there. But there was nothing. It was rather large, and nothing else to be seen than a small light from something in the end of the basement, that they had figured should be a form of parking space. They slowly drove towards the light, and figured it was a kind of elevator or transporter to the floor above them. EunHyuk parked the car close, but a little away, if there eventually should be someone. They looked around, still inside the car.

 

“Should we take that elevator?” Henry asked, sounded a worried by the situation. EunHyuk found his little computer, so small it could be in one hand. He turned it on, and found the right program. There was only one person on the above floor. The person was clearly lying down.

 

“I guess this must be him?” YeSung asked as he was looking at the screen as well. EunHyuk shrugged but nodded.

 

“Let’s try.” Henry muttered, not sounding worried at all, when realizing there was only one person. EunHyuk nodded as he got out of the car. The other two stepped out as well, making their way, very slowly, to the elevator sort-of-thing. When they got into it, they tried figuring out how it worked.

 

“Well, this button says up, but it won’t work…” YeSung complained. EunHyuk looked a little around the thing.

 

“Maybe…” He mumbled to himself and pulled the security bars to close. YeSung pressed again and the elevator slowly started moving up with some complaining noises. They all looked around not knowing what to expect. When they could see the room through the security bars, they all flinched. It looked like pure hell. EunHyuk quickly removed the security bars and got out. He saw the unconscious KangIn on the floor, and all of them hurried to him. Now LeeTeuk had had his hands on him again, this morning. But he had only caused him more pain and bruises, wounds and so on. He hadn’t had the time to kill him, because he wanted him to die slowly, and this felt like a better idea. Slowly cause him more and more pain, and let him die from that.

 

“…” Henry just muttered to himself. EunHyuk sat down on his knees next to KangIn. He didn’t look good, not good at all. He had a large cut across his cheek now, and his nose had been broken, together with his eyebrow that had a little crack from being hit on it, in a missed try to hit his eye. Even though, his eyes had turned blue and green with a little purple in it. He still only had his boxers on, and these new wounds had been deep and there had been added a good share more.

 

“This must have been a pure demons work…” YeSung slowly said as he looked at the man who seemed to be cut into pieces, but still was put together. EunHyuk noticed the bandage he had on his legs and on his side where he had been stabbed.

 

“But why put him together again?” EunHyuk asked with a low voice. Henry noticed it now too.

 

“Maybe the person who did this wanted to keep him alive and the person may have known that if he hadn’t taken care of him, then he would die from the wounds?” YeSung answered EunHyuk, he hadn’t really expected that any of them would answer.

 

“Sounds like a good explanation. But how in the world are we going to move him in that state?” EunHyuk asked and looked at the two others.

 

“Well… It doesn’t seem like there’s anything in the room that would be able to act as a stretcher.” Henry answered as he had taken a good look around the room. YeSung took a look too.

 

“What about the steel table? It looks like it can move.” YeSung said and walked to it. He pushed it, and noticed it was able to move. Henry smiled a little, but then he shivered.

 

“It looks like those tables in movies where they cut up people in those medical rooms… Autopsy or what it’s called.” Henry said as YeSung rolled it towards them. The other two chose not to answer Henry, because they didn’t want to imagine that right now. It looked like KangIn had had an autopsy already.

 

“It won’t be difficult to get down. But the only problem is the car. How are we going to get him into that?” YeSung said when he got to them. He placed his elbows on the steel table and supported his head in his palms. EunHyuk stood up from his position on the ground.

 

“We can put him in the backseat… Henry can support his head then.” EunHyuk answered. He hadn’t any better idea. Henry widened up his eyes.

 

“I can sit in the back.” YeSung told Henry, as he could see by his expression that he didn’t like to sit with him in that state. Henry thanked him but only with a mime.

 

“We just need to get him out of the chains, and on the table.” YeSung said, getting off the table and looked around before finding a pincher and got the chains cut open. It was a little harder than expected because there were a lot of the rings that needed to be cut. At the hands, and feet as well.

 

“I think this should do it…” YeSung muttered when he released KangIn’s feet from the chain. He looked at his feet, even there he had a deep cut. Why cut his foot? YeSung couldn’t get this psycho.

 

“Now let’s get him up on this.” YeSung said. He took down his arms that had still been stretched above his head. It was just then he noticed that something was wrong with his shoulder. His collarbone was split in two and the one part was sticking out only with a cover of skin not to be shown, and the other was bending into his shoulder.

 

“What the…” YeSung muttered and slowly touched the place. He was forced out of his thoughts when EunHyuk said something.

 

“Yes, we need to get him away from here. We don’t know if someone will come in a moment.” He said and YeSung stood up. He knew they couldn’t pick him up in the easiest way because of his shoulder.

 

“Can we even get him up on that thing?” Henry asked. YeSung bit his bottom lip, not really sure if that was possible. EunHyuk nodded.


“Of course. We just need to do it right.” He told them. YeSung looked around, hoping to find some kind of blanket or anything. He fixed his eyes on the table with KangIn’s belongings. Slowly he approached it and took the stuff from the table. By now his clothes were gone. His wallet still contained all his money and cards, so nothing was taken from it. YeSung also picked up the sign and the gun, he also remembered the phone.

 

“I just found out why the signal got lost. First when he was in the basement it disappeared, but then they have turned it off when they got up here.” YeSung informed the other two. They didn’t answer him, which they saw no reason to do. After have looked at him while he had talked, they looked back at KangIn. YeSung went back to them and placed KangIn’s different belongs in his pockets.

 

“Can we just lift him onto it?” Henry asked, still looking at the man on the ground. EunHyuk tried to figure out how they should deal with it the best. Henry found the place, where KangIn had been cut from a piece of flesh, with his eyes. All of the wounds was either dirty or infected, if not both.

 

“I hope the hospital can get him together again.” Henry softly muttered before the others had answered him.

 

“I think that if I take his legs carefully, YeSung can take the upper body and Henry you need to keep his head straight with the body, so his shoulder isn’t going to fall apart.” EunHyuk instructed. YeSung wondered a little shut down about why he should take the hardest part. How in the world should he be able to carry his upper body when he couldn’t touch anywhere or get a grip on him in that position? He released a small sigh, before he tried to get a good grip around his chest. EunHyuk carefully took his legs supporting both the thighs and calf, as he placed his arms underneath them. When they lifted him up from the floor, Henry had a good grip on his head, not daring to move it the slightest, but he had a little problem with it, because the other two was moving quick to get him on the table. They got him placed on it, YeSung and EunHyuk breathed out heavily.

 

“Why do muscles weigh more than fat?” YeSung asked while catching his breath. EunHyuk laughed at him. On the other hand, he had had the heaviest body part. Henry looked at KangIn with a sad look.

 

“If I was him, I would never dare to show my body to anyone when he heals up.” Henry muttered. YeSung shook his head.

 

“No, it’s going to be pretty ugly.” YeSung answered. He started pushing the steel table towards the elevator. When they all were in there, EunHyuk closed the security bars, and Henry pressed the *DOWN* button. They slowly went down to the basement again, as the elevator sounded like it was going to die or something with all the scratching and high noises it shared with them. EunHyuk opened the bars again when they hit the ground with a little bump.

 

“When we get him into the car, I will take the table up to the room again. They can’t notice that anyone have come and taken him. At least not like that.” EunHyuk told the other.

 

“Okay, now let us get him into the car.” YeSung answered. They got to the car and Henry got into the backseat, but not to sit down. He stood bowed to the roof and should pass him further in the car. YeSung helped EunHyuk to get him off the table, and they held him together, when getting the head and upper body inside, Henry took him a little further in, and YeSung ran to the other side as he sat down in there, and helped getting the rest of KangIn inside. When they had placed him properly and not with his head too high from his body, because they wanted to protect his shoulder, EunHyuk found him a blanket from his trunk, and softly put it on him to not feel so cold. After that, EunHyuk took the table back and placed it the same place as it was taken from. He quickly removed the small blood stains that KangIn’s body had left with his sleeve. Right now he didn’t care with the blood he was going to leave in his car, but he probably would after. Somehow this was weird, they didn’t know the guy personally, and now they had just saved his life.

 

EunHyuk returned to the car, Henry was in the passenger seat and clearly talking to YeSung, because he was turned in the seat to look at him. YeSung was slowly brushing his hand over KangIn’s hair. He didn’t even notice it himself, it was just like a habit, to care about him, when he had people’s head in his lap he usually had his fingers in their hair. EunHyuk got into the car and Henry turned to sit back in the seat.

 

“Let’s go to the hospital.” EunHyuk stated as he the engine, slowly made the car move up to the small street. When they where away from the area they found the nearest hospital and EunHyuk stopped the car close to the entrance.

 

“I will go and call for help, to get a stretcher, you two stay here.” EunHyuk instructed and got out. With a power walk he entered the hospital. Henry turned to look at YeSung again. YeSung had his eyes glued on KangIn’s face while running his fingers through his hair. He felt sorry for him, and it hurt him to see a person up close, so hurt as he was.

 

“He will be alright again.” Henry softly told him. He could see on his face, the little of it that he could see, that he was hurt somehow. YeSung slowly nodded and looked up when EunHyuk opened the door. A woman and two men had come with him and a stretcher. They slowly got him out of the car and on the stretcher. It was much easier with this stretcher, because it could be lowered so it fit the size of the car seats, so they could almost just drag him out and onto it. YeSung handed KangIn’s belongings to the nurse as they were already about to leave. EunHyuk bowed for the 3 hospital workers, as they hurried to get KangIn into the hospital.

 

“Let’s go.” EunHyuk said, it was almost dark outside now and the wind started blowing harder. He got into the driver’s seat, started the car and drove away, back to their basement work place.