I'm So Sorry For Telling You This

Don't Try To Solve This

 

 

RyeoWook looked shocked when the other guy pulled out a knife and he was just about to turn around and run away, when the other grabbed his arm and forced him with great power, far into the alley. RyeoWook couldn’t really understand the situation. Did the guy want money and rob him, or did he actually want to kill him? He knew that what he did with his work wasn’t a save thing, but as far as he knew, no one knew about it. While he was forced further into the valley, which he at first had thought were just a small one, he now discovered that it wasn’t and there had been a small way between two buildings, so he was forced into the small path between the buildings. Here no one would find him, if the guy chose to kill him, was RyeoWook’s first thought.

 

The other guy didn’t say a word, when he suddenly turned RyeoWook around and looked at him. It was first now, at this moment, that RyeoWook noticed that he had a hood on, and that he couldn’t see much of his face. But how could he have thought that he had known him then? RyeoWook got confused, really confused.

 

“What do you want?” RyeoWook stuttered and was pushed against the wall. A pain shut through his body, when the knife cut through his skin and into his stomach. The blood quickly started to run out, when the guy removed the knife from his insides. The person in front of him didn’t answer. The knife was forced into him again, and he felt he couldn’t breathe. He wanted to drop down on the dirty ground, but he could feel his shoulder being held against the wall, causing him to stand up. RyeoWook started to feel dizzy, and his vision blurred. Before he could notice it, the knife cut through his guts and he wanted to press his hands against the place because of the pain, but before he knew about it, the knife was pushed inside of him into his chest. One of his last thoughts was; *Why didn’t I fight him?*

 

***

 

Siwon arrived at the scene, where the caution-tape had already been put up around the valley for stopping curious eyes to come and watch. HanGeng already stood there and looked down on RyeoWook.

 

“It looks like it’s those guys again. Though, it could also be a robbery. The wrong part is that he had his wallet on him, and it seems that all the cash is still in it. Credit card and ID are still in it as well. Kim RyeoWook, he’s 31-years-old and it seems that he hasn’t anyone close to him. So we have no one to inform about his death.” HanGeng stated, without even giving Siwon a look. Siwon had always admired him that he could know who the person was, before he had even seen him. He must have special powers, Siwon was sure of that.

 

“I don’t think it’s a robbery. A thief wouldn’t cut him in pieces. The thief would stab him once, maybe twice, and run away. This is definitely a murder, and we have no suspects or witnesses. Aish…” Siwon said and looked down at the dead body. HanGeng pulled his cell phone up from the pocket and pressed the green call button.

 

“Anything new?” Was his only answer to the person calling. He nodded a few times, even though the person in the other end couldn’t see him. He then hung up with no more to say and turned towards Siwon.

 

“We have a suspect.” HanGeng confirmed and started walking out of the alley. Siwon followed him with fast steps and was right in his tails when they finally got to the street and stepped into one of the parked cars.

 

“The suspect was seen here yesterday, around the same time as the murder. A witness called the office and gave the information. The investigation department found the suspects information. It’s a male, around 32, Korean, married to another guy and lives a few blocks from here. He should be a good friend to the victim. His name is Lee DongHae and should currently be at home.” HanGeng stated and calmly turned to the left, at the traffic light stop. Siwon just nodded, and thought about the dead guy back at the scene. Poor thing, murdered by his own friend. The last thought in his head caused him to let out a deep sigh.

 

“I know. Saturdays .” HanGeng just said. Siwon didn’t really get if he tried to be funny, or very serious about it. So he just decided not to answer.

 

A few minutes later they stopped the car engine and stepped out in front of a well kept lawn. They both looked around and noticed that there was nothing spectacular by the sight. Siwon shrugged his shoulders and moved up the small path towards the front door, right beside HanGeng. When they reached the front door they took a look inside the house from where they stood. Siwon rung the doorbell and they waited a few seconds. The door opened and SungMin stood in the opening with a confused expression in his face.

 

“Hello. I’m HanGeng and this is my partner Choi Siwon. We are from the police and we would like to talk to Lee DongHae. Is he at home?” HanGeng asked, while looking very intense at SungMin. Siwon looked through the open door to see if there was any sign of DongHae escaping or his existence in the house. Everything was well organized and clean, as far as he could see.

 

“Uhm, yes he is at home officer.” SungMin said with a frightened look in his eyes. He gained some strength and called DongHae to come to the door. Neither HanGeng nor Siwon said a word before DongHae showed up in the door, even though SungMin was starring at them in disbelief.

 

“Yes Minnie what’s wrong?” DongHae asked just before he turned into the hallway to see the two cops stand in the door. He stopped in his tracks and looked shocked at them. Siwon looked intensely at him and was just about to reach for his gun, if DongHae was about to escape. Instead DongHae cleared his throat and stepped towards them.

 

“I’m sorry, is there a problem officer’s?” DongHae asked with a solid voice and looked at them with no panic in the eyes. SungMin also handled the panic for both of them.

 

“Yes, I’m afraid there’s a rather big problem Lee DongHae. We have to take you to our office for further questions.” HanGeng said with an authoritative voice. DongHae looked worried from the one cop to the other. SungMin was just about to cry, and he just grabbed his hand without even thinking about it. DongHae didn’t seem to mind right now.

 

“I’m sorry, I don’t think I got your names. Do you have signs?” DongHae asked with a very cool voice. HanGeng nodded and they both showed their police signs. DongHae was now the one to nod.

 

“And with what reason do you arrest me?” DongHae wanted to know. HanGeng looked quickly at Siwon and after that at DongHae.

 

“You are the primary suspect in the murder of Kim RyeoWook. It’s 3.23 pm and you are arrested. Please follow with us to the office, and we will ask you further more questions.” HanGeng said calmly and nodded to Siwon, who pulled a pair of handcuffs up from his pocket and put them on DongHae. SungMin looked more worried than he had ever seen him before.

 

“It will be alright Honey. I will be home soon, you know I have done nothing wrong. Call YeSung and tell him about what happened to RyeoWook and… I love you. I’m sorry for you about RyeoWook. I will be home soon and comfort you.” DongHae tried to sound as sane as possible and not make SungMin even more worried than he was now. Tears had already made a flood down his cheeks, but there was no sound whatsoever. DongHae leaned in at kissed him quickly, before Siwon pulled him with him. HanGeng bowed to SungMin.

 

“I’m sorry for your loss and I hope you can find some place to rest.” HanGeng said and bowed again, before following the others to the car. SungMin didn’t say anything. When the door closed to where they had put DongHae in, he fell down to his knees. An unbelievable face expression was covering his face and suddenly everything was unbearable. When the car drove away he burst into tears. Not only his number 1 best friend was gone forever, but his husband too? How could the world be so cruel?

 

SungMin leaned against the doorframe and looked up into the sky. It had already turned into some grayish rainy weather and he slowly closed his eyes, before a few raindrops hit his face. The rain started to go stronger and it made SungMin’s tears become one with them.

 

He had no idea of how long he had been sitting there in the rain, but a while. DongHae had told him to call YeSung. DongHae… RyeoWook… The tears started flowing from his eyes again. There was no way that he could be able to get into the house and get his phone. But without even giving the thoughts to his body, he started getting up and limping inside and grabbed his phone. His eyes was one big blur and he couldn’t see through the tears, but somehow he managed to call YeSung and he held the phone to his ear, while shaking like he had electricity running through his body.

 

“What’s up SungMin?” YeSung asked as he picked up his phone.

 

“Please… Come… Now.” SungMin whispered and then the phone dropped, and he dropped down on the floor too.

 

“Hallo? Hallo? SungMin? Are you there?” YeSung asked, but no answer. He took the phone down from his ear, without ending the call. The other two starred at him with big eyes.

 

“What happened?” Henry asked and looked curious at YeSung.

 

“Sorry guys. I need to go. I think it’s an emergency.” YeSung said, grabbing his coat and stormed out the door before the other two could say anything. They just starred at each other and EunHyuk shrugged.

 

YeSung had thrown himself in the car, and drove with full speed towards SungMin and DongHae’s house. When he parked the car, he noticed that the front door was open. He ran inside and into the kitchen where SungMin was lying on the floor. All soaking wet from spending the last hours in the rain.

 

“SungMin? Hey. Are you okay?” YeSung asked when he sat down beside SungMin and tried to shake some life into SungMin, who slowly opened his eyes, and looked at YeSung.

 

“They took DongHae. They took him with them. RyeoWook is gone. Forever. And they took him.” SungMin answered with a small voice, before the tears started streaming down his face. YeSung was in shock. RyeoWook was dead? And someone had taken DongHae?  YeSung was just about to cry too, with the news that his friend, and co-worker - had passed away.

 

“I’m… Sorry… Who took DongHae?” YeSung asked and didn’t really get it. He looked worried down at SungMin.

 

“The cops. They think that DongHae did it. So they took him away.” SungMin sobbed and gave YeSung a hug, and hold him close, while crying. YeSung didn’t mind, he needed a hug too, right now.

After a little while, he let go of SungMin and got SungMin up from the floor, with a bit of difficulties. He got him into the living room, and sat him down in the couch. He didn’t want to know how long he had stayed in the rain, or how long he had been lying on the floor. YeSung figured he needed to get back to the others, to give them the awful news, but he couldn’t just walk away from SungMin, and he couldn’t take him with him. He didn’t know who else could take care of him. Both RyeoWook and DongHae were gone, and those three, including himself, were the only people he knew took care of him. Maybe if he looked through his list of contact numbers, he could figure someone out. He walked into the kitchen and picked up his phone, noticing that his call hadn’t ended yet, so he shut it off. He quickly looked through the list of people, but didn’t really figure out who he should call. He made an annoyed noise and let go of the phone. What could he do with SungMin? Let him stay alone home in that state? That was not an opportunity. He sighed deeply, and thought through everything he could. He then walked into the living room, and discovered that SungMin had fallen asleep where he was put. YeSung didn’t want to, but he needed to get the clothes off him, before he got really sick. So he did. After he had gotten the clothes off his body, which was not the easiest thing in the world, because it was so wet. He put a blanket over him, and got him to lie down. Before he decided to go, he checked that SungMin was asleep, and then hurried out of the house.

 

 

When he got back, he hung his coat up, and walked into the room, where the other two was sitting. They looked at him, and he made a sad sigh before he sat down at his desk by his computer.

 

“I’m so sorry for telling you this. But RyeoWook will not be here anymore. He passed away, and his good friend SungMin, got the news earlier. They took DongHae with them – the cops. We need to figure all of this out.” YeSung said and the other two looked at him with eyes filled with pain. Non of them cried, but the atmosphere was tense.

 

“Do you know anything else?” EunHyuk asked after a little while, after taken the news in. YeSung shook his head.

 

“No, but I guess they are investigating this, so we could figure it out if we get some of the files from their computers.” YeSung answered and the computer, which had been on standby after he left.

 

“I hope we can dig up something, so we can help us understand.” YeSung said slowly. Henry nodded with an expression in his face, which was close to tears. They all started looking up something they could use, and didn’t really look at each other. At times, they all starred at the empty place, where RyeoWook used to sit, and the feeling that he would never get back to sit there, was painful.