Chapter 7

An Innocent little Bunny

 

I'm the worst kind of person EVER!

"...why should I waste my time caring about you?!..."

How The hell could I say that to him?

Why didn't I just spit in his face while I was at it....or rub some dirt in his eyes maybe.. just to really deliver a low blow!

.................................


After I'd uttered those words to Kyuhyun, I couldn't see him for dust.
He slammed that car into reverse, and sped out of the car park so fast, I nearly got run over.

stupid...stupid...stupid!

Well, I might aswell wave goodbye to any hope of Kyuhyun being my friend EVER!
...............................
Henry didn't even bother to ask what had gone on.

He could tell it hadn't gone well, by the skid marks streaking the road outside of school.

He'd come to collect me from the spot I had stood in for a good fifteen minutes. The spot where Kyuhyun's car had been.


I didn't dare move.

Henry had wrapped his small arms around my waist and guided me towards his car.

He helped me into my seat, and leant over me to fasten my seatbelt tightly.

"Can't have you bruising that little face anymore, now can we.." he whispered, trying to lighten the mood, but I couldn't respond to him.
He stood up and smiled one of those reassuring smiles, before retreating to his side of the car.
He climbed in carefully.

I think he was afraid, that if he made any sudden movements, I may just break down.
He wasn't far wrong....

...................................

Henry was driving me home now.
He was freaking me out a bit if I'm honest.

He wasn't speaking, he wasn't listening to music....and he was driving FARRR slower than he usually does.

"........Henry.."
My voice sounded unlike my own as it passed through my lips.
I could see that face as clear and crisp as if it was looking at me right now.
That gutted face, that had stared back at me from inside of his car.

My brow furrowed, and I twirled my hair around in my fingers, as I tried to erase that image from my mind.

I hadn't even thought about why he looked like that when I had said those words to him.

I guess it doesn't matter now...the damage is done.

Henry had begun to fidget in her seat, and throw sneaky glances at me from the corner of his eye.
I knew he was bursting with questions.
I just didn't know whether I wanted to answer them yet....
...................................
I remained silent in the car for...ooooh, about another.....4 minutes...before Henry's incessant bustling at my side made me crack.
"..Go ahead Henry...ask me already.. I know you're dying to know." I sighed.

He remained silent for a moment longer...deciding whether or not I was ready to talk.
"Now's as good a time as any Hen'...let's just get it over with now, before I can change my mind!"

"Okay Minnie...." he still seemed to be whispering.
"What happened back there?.." he spoke louder now, making sure he was heard.

"I blew it...that's what.."
"What do you mean you blew it Min? How in 2 minutes can you blow it with him??!"
Easy.

I lay my head back against the head rest, and closed my eyes, exhaling deeply.
I tilted my head to the side, opening my eyes a sliver, to look at Henry.
"I told him I didn't care about him Hen'.."

"You. did. WHAT!?"
"Why would you tell him that!?"


I winced slightly, at the volume of his voice. 
Being in an enclosed space with him always proved tricky when he screamed.
Henry must of noticed this, because he lowered his voice, to a more acceptable level.
"Why would you do that Min?...that doesn't sound like you!"
I honestly didn't know why.
I just panicked when he wouldn't listen to me, and my lips seemed to betray me, letting those words tumble out.
"I know Mochi...I've ruined everything."
"He already didn't like me, and now he hates me even more!"
Henry slowed the car down even more, and was now pulling into a clearing at the side of the road.
He turned the engine off, undid his seatbelt, and turned to face me.

I could only sit still, and play with the material of my bag.

I felt Henry's hand rest gently on my shoulder, and I gradually raised my eyes to meet his.
He was smiling at me like he always did, and he began to speak again.
"He doesn't hate you Minnie....he doesn't even know you.."
"How can you be so sure?....you didn't see the way he looked at me.....those eyes.. they were so blank!"

"I just...know.."
"Believe me!"
"Uggggh....I'm such an' arsehole!!"
Henry laughed at this, and reached his arms fully around my shoulders now.
"Yeaaaah...but you're my arsehole!.."

"That's sweet....."
"....and gross at the same time.." I smiled.

"Look Min...maybe we should cancel this sleepover thing tonight!...you don't look in the festive mood right about now."
This was the perfect excuse to get out of having that stupid sleepover.

But I found myself wanting to have it now.

It would keep my mind occupied if anything, and I really wanted to get to know everyone a little better.
..........................................

"See you at 7, Minnie!" Henry shouted, as he screwed off down the driveway.
I'd assured Henry I was fine, and convinced him not to cancel the sleepover.
He couldn't be happier!
I loved that kid.
.......................................
I tramped up the steps to my house, and threw my weight against the door, opening it easily.
I was beginning to think my dads' philosophy of life was slightly askew.
"Things can only get better Min, remember that."

What a load!
He did tell me to give it 7 days though.
2 more days.....
If things don't begin to look up in that time, I'm officially giving up on the whole 'things can only get better' notion.

I didn't acknowledge my parents as I walked into the house, it was beginning to become a routine. I just made my way up the stairs and tumbled onto my soft bed.

Not long afterwards, I heard light knocking on my door.
"Hello?"
"Hey Min, it's me.. is it safe to come in?" My dads head popped around the partially open door, before he stepped inside.
I laughed, but it was obscured by the soft mattress under my face.
"Of course it's safe dad.. what could I possibly be doing...I've only been home for like 5 minutes." I said sarcastically.

"One never knows.. when men are left to their own devices.." He smiled as he casually walked around my room, picking up random objects and studying them closely.
He carried on like this for a little while.
"Did you want something specific dad, or are you just here to paw through all of my things?" I gestured to the book he now held in his hand.
He looked my way, and dropped the book down onto my desk, before moving closer to me and sitting on the edge of the bed, where my head was.
"Me and your mother are just a little worried about you, that's all."
"What do you mean? I'm fine..." I lied through my teeth.
He looked at me as if to say: 'We're not stupid you know'

"Well...I mean...the way you've been acting since we moved here."
"You haunt the house all night, and look like a zombie all day! You barely speak to me or your mother anymore...and you look miserable all the time."
"What's going on in there?.." He pointed his finger to the side of my head and tapped it lightly.
His eyes were searching mine, looking for an answer to his question.

I knew my dad had seen the way I looked at Kyuhyun, but I didn't feel comfortable talking to him about my feelings.....not yet.

"More than you know dad."

He stopped searching, and smiled warmly at me.

"I understand son. I'm always here if you need to talk though. I'm coooool.."

"You're a goof, do you know that?!" I laughed.
"Yeaaaah, I know, but my offer still stands kiddo."
He raised himself off the bed, mussed my hair up, and proceeded to walk out.
I sat up quickly to catch him before he left.
"T-thanks dad, I appreciate it."

Ooops..I almost forgot....

"Dad, is it okay if I have some friends over for a sleepover tonight? I kinda forgot to ask..."
"Sure Min" He smiled. Obviously pleased at the mention of friends.
"When?"
"Errrr....in about 3 hours?" 
He chuckled at this.
"You don't waste anytime do you"
"I...guess not...no heh!"
"Of course it's fine...if it makes you happy.. it makes me and your mother happy."
"You're the best dad"
He opened the door to my bedroom and slipped out muttering to himself as he did...."...don't I know it.."

3 hours and twenty-five minutes later......

I'd managed to tidy my room up, in readiness for everybody arriving.
I'd also had a shower, and fixed myself up a little bit.
I don't know why...I was only staying at home, but I was very proud of my appearance.

'Ding..Dong'

Ahh..let the fun begin!
......................................
I flew down the stairs, rather perky I thought.
I reached the front door, and threw it open, to reveal the whole gang.
They were all huddled together, and each of them was holding: a blanket, a pillow, and a bag.
Henry was at the heart of the gang, and he had hold of a big fluffy, yellow pillow in one hand, and in the other he held a massive leather tote bag.
Amber and Hyuna held similar tote bags and their own over-sized pillows.
Joon, Taemin and Zhou didn't have pillows, but they did have fabric of sorts under their arms.
I struggled to see what it was exactly, in the dim light cast onto them from the hallway.
"Ready for the night of your life Min?" Henry said, with a hint of secrecy hidden in his voice.
I scrunched my face up at this, before raising my eyebrow questioningly.
"It's a sleepover Henry...."
Amber interjected now.

"Ahhh...it's not just a sleepover anymore Beep Beep."
hmmmm?

"What do you mean...not just a sleepover?" I said slowly.

Amber just tapped the side of her nose.
"That's for us to know, and you to wonder"
.........................................

I invited everybody inside, and as Zhou passed me, he smiled a little before putting his head down and walking by.
What's with him?

Everybody piled into the living room.
They were greeted by my parents who were sat on one of the squishy sofa's together.
"Hey kids....got a fun night planned?"
My mum was the first to speak.
"We sure do Mrs. Lee" Joon nodded his head as he said this.
"Aww that's nice..and please..call me Sora."
He smiled once more, before the introductions began.
"Mum..dad...these are my friends."
I indicated to the kids behind me.
I introduced them one by one....some taking longer than others.....namely Hyuna, who took off talking about the colour scheme and 'Feng Sui' of the living room.

My parents seemed impressed by how nice, and polite my friends were.

"Well anyway...we'll let you kids go and have a fun night....if you need anything, let us know!" 
Alot of 'goodbye's' and 'nice to meet you's' were exchanged, before me and my chums left the living room, and headed for the stairs.
On the way up to my room, Zhou hung back a little, and I took this as an opportunity to ask him what was wrong.
He didn't seem himself, and I didn't like it.
The others walked ahead of me, chatting to themselves about the house, and about my parents...but they still remained tight lipped about tonight.

I fell into step with Zhou, and nudged his side gently to get his attention.
"What's up with you...you've barely said a word since you got here?.." I whispered.
Zhou’s head stayed low, but he muttered an answer under his breath.
"Wha'?...I can't hear you.."
"I. feel. bad." he repeated.
"Bad?..bad about what?"
He looked at me now, with a 'isn't it obvious' face.
"What have you got to feel bad about?"
"I ruined your chances with Kyuhyun....I'm so stupid.."
"Ohhh Zhou Mi!...there wasn't a chance in hell with him anyway.. there was nothing for you to ruin."
"And besides....if anybody ruined anything...it was me!"

Mi smiled lightly, realising I didn't hold anything against him.
"You mean.. you don't hate me?"
"Hate you?!"
"I couldn't hate you if I tried Mi"
"Besid-....ooof!"

Mi had jumped on me and was now bear hugging the life out of me.
"Thank god! I've been worried that you hate me for what happened.. you know.. before.."
He avoided speaking in specifics.
"Silly-billy" I laughed.
.......................................
We'd reached my room by now, and I was practically dragged through the door by multiple hands.
The door was slammed behind me, and I was surrounded by the over excited faces of my friends.
"Wh-whats..going on h-here?" I questioned.
"It's the suprise!" laughed Henry.
Oooooooh...I remember now!

"Okay..so what is it?"
They all looked at each other with bright eyes.

"WE'RE TAKING YOU DANCING!" They all screamed in unison.

The girls all quickly made their way to the bed and emptied the contents of their bags onto the bed.
Piles of cloth came tumbling out, along with shoes, makeup and jewellery.
I now noticed that the boys had been holding their clothes in their arms the whole time.
"So that's what you meant when you said 'night of my life' then?"
"Sure was! So are you?" Henry answered.
"Am I what?"
"Ready....of course"
"Errrm..yeah I suppose" I giggled.
..............................
I was now stood in the bathroom with Mi, Taemin and Amber, while we were fixing our hair and makeup.
Amber beaufonted her fringe up, and began hairspraying it, to hold it in place.
Taemin was carefully lining his eyes, while letting his tongue poke out of his mouth.
Me and Zhou Mi were working product into our hair, and fussing completley over it!
"Uggggh it just won't go!!" I screamed, as I let my hands drop to my sides.
"What are you talking about Min, your hair looks perfect, like usual!" Taemin said.
He'd become less shy as he'd gotten to know me better.
"Stop being nice Tae...it looks dreadful.."
"Oh get over yourself...it looks fine.. now let's go!" Zhou Mi said as he dragged me by my ear out of the bathroom.
I'd picked a gorgeous outfit to go out in.
It was Pink skinny jeans, of course.
With a crisp white shirt tucked into my jeans.
A little tight Pink cardigan.
And my favourite pair of high tops.
I looked quite dishy I thought.
The other guys sported shirts and jeans also, and the girls really made an effort.
They all had dresses and heels on.
Their makeup and hair was flawless, and they were glowing.
"Wowww...don't we all scrub up nicely!" Hyuna commented.

She was right.

................................

"HOLD ON. HOLD ON"
"You want me to what?"
The night looked like it was about to end before it had even begun.
"It's easy Minnie, I do it all the time at my house!" Henry soothed.
"I don't care if you're a professional stunt man Hen'....I am NOT shimmying down a drain pipe!!"

"Oh come ooooon Min! Don't be such a stick in the mud!" Amber commented.
"Yeah Min..this is the only way we can get out without being seen"
"I told you already. I refuse to!"

"FINE.. we'll go without you then. You can sit here sulking all night while we go and have a good time!" Henry stated, as he flung open my french doors and cocked his leg over the balcony.
Everyone else was waiting their turn as I ran outisde, worried Henry would fall.
By the time I got out though, Henry was already at the bottom, waving Amber down.

One by one, they climbed with ease down the drain pipe, which was located, conveniently next to my balcony.
They stood at the bottom, looking up at me as I mentally fought with myself about what to do.
One part of my brain was saying: "Go for it, you only live once"

While the other side was saying: "Don't be stupid...you're not invincible you know.."

I gave in to the fun side of me eventually!
I cocked my leg, like Henry had done, and clung tightly to the pipe as I maneuverer my way down.
As I got closer to the bottom, I came face to face with the kitchen window.
Before I could jump down or obscure myself from it, the light flicked on inside.
I could see my dad walking in, and heading for the fridge.
And there's me, holding on to the drain pipe, outside the window, in my glad-rags, with a face like this >_O trying to hide, while my entire body is practically stuck to the window.
Everyone behind me had gone deathly silent.
Busted....

Thankfully, my dad didn't even turn around towards the window once.

Darkness returned to the kitchen once more, and I let my body drop down the last few inches of pipe, so my feet silently hit the earth beneath them.
"Phewww..that was a close one! I thought we were caught for sure.." Zhou Mi laughed.
"I know, I swear my heart stopped.." Said Henry.
"Should we get going then?" I asked
We all nodded in agreement, and made our way to the front of the house.
We couldn't move the cars, so we walked quietly to the end of the driveway, to be greeted by a taxi driver.
Amber had called one earlier, to pick us up.
.......................
A long...taxi drive later, and we had arrived in the town.
It was bigger than I thought it would be, but I suppose living in the city does that to you!
We had not long been out of the cab, and we were now walking towards the more 'clubby' side of town, as the guys called it.

We walked huddled together in our group, braving the cold night air.
The girls, linked arms and walked on ahead, giggling and squealing every so often.
Me and Henry walked along with Zhou Mi, Taemin and Joon, keeping as close to the girls as we could, before being deafened by another round of screams.
..............................
The bumping sound of music started to float through the air.
Small groups of people, like our own could be seen in various areas outside of the club, and the line stretched back for what seemed like miles!

I walked even closer to the girls now, as they confidently walked to the front of the queue.
The bouncers immediately lifted the velvet rope, and made way for the girls to enter the club.
Before me, and the other guys could enter though, the rope was brought back down.
"Heyyyy..what gives?!" questioned Joon.
"Back of the line boys." the bouncer said automatically.
The girls had noticed our absence, and casually walked back to the guys on the door.
"Hey Mike, they're with me.. they're my friends, give them a break would you?" Amber said smoothly.
She's 18 and she's managing to charm free entrance into what seems to be the hottest club in town....how does she do it!?

Mike's face softened as Amber placed a hand on his arm.
"Pleaaaaase.." She whispered lightly.
"Okay, okay...but just this once.. and you owe me!"
Amber's little face lit up.
"Oh you're the best Mike, thanks!!"

Again, the velvet rope was lifted, and a chorus of groans, and complaints came from behind us.
"Have a good night" Mike grunted.
.......................
We entered the club, and were met immediately by the sound of loud, fast paced music.
I felt my ear drums pulsing with the sheer volume of it, but it felt good!
I couldn't form a thought, and I realised why Zhou and Henry had brought me here.....
....so I couldn't think about today, or Kyuhyun!
We all made our way across the room, and headed towards an empty booth.
The dance floor was full of writhing, sweaty, bodies and the bright, flashing lights, made them glisten as they moved.
Zhou, Joon and Amber stayed standing as the rest of us sat.
"What are we all drinking?" Mi shouted over the music.
"How about we start with some Apple sours?...sound good?" Henry said, screaming back.
Joon gave a thumbs up, and the three of them disappeared to the bar to get our drinks.
My eyes scanned the massive room, picking out no-one in particular.
The beat of the music was slowing now, and a new one was about to start.

Henry was up on his feet suddenly, and he had pulled me up along with his, squeezing past Hyuna, and out of the booth.
He was pulling me to the dance floor, and I just went with it.
A good dance would do me some good.
I needed this night out!
It'd been too long, and I needed the distraction.

The beat started up and my body moved wildly in time to the beat.
Henry followed my movements closely, and we were both soon lost in the sound.
My hips swayed, my arms raised, my head thrown back...I was in heaven.
I could feel the heat radiate from my body.
................................
A newer song, that didn't really get me going started playing after the first.
Both me and Henry decided to re-join the others.
We twisted our way through body, after body, before finally reaching our booth again.
The table was filled with little glasses of apple sours, bottles of beer, and a long clear bottle of tequila.
I love these people!

................................
Two and a half hours later, and we were on our fourth round of tequila shots.
1...2....3....GO!

The strong liquid hit the back of my throat, and I immediately took a swig of beer.
I stood up, swaying a little as I did.
"I'm juuu-st.. going to errr.. you know.. go to the l-ittle.. hiccup boyyyys room.. m'kay"
I carefully walked through the large crowd in front of me towards where I thought the mens room was.

I didn't quite make it that far though, and I ended up falling against the closest wall, and leaning my back up against it, while I had a little dance with myself.

A gravelly laugh to my side caught my attention, and I turned around and found myself looking at a guy about 3 years older than me.

He was quite handsome I thought.....

I was completely legless though, so I would of thought anyone was an underwear model.

"Having fun there all by yourself guy?" the stranger asked.

"I g-uess I AM.. what's it to yoooooou hm?"

"I just thought you'd like a bit of company, that's all."

"Okaaaay then.. ya' can never ever have too many friends...I think!"

I must've sounded like an idiot, but everything I was saying made perfect sense at the time.

"Come and dance with me?" the stranger asked, holding his hand out to me.
I took his hand, and let myself be led to the dance floor once again.

I let him place his arms around my waist, as we swayed back and forth to the slightly bouncy song that was echoing around the large room.

He stuck pretty close to me throughout the first song, and well into the second.

Towards the end of the second song though, he pulled away slightly, and reached into the pocket of his jeans, fishing something out.

I couldn't see what he was holding, but I soon felt fingers at my lips.

His fingers!

My lips parted only slightly, and I could feel something slip between them......

.......a pill.

The fingers were suddenly gone, and the stranger placed a small kiss on my lips before winking at me, and slipping off into the crowd.
Usually...I would never touch anything like this...but I was sooo drunk, and my mind was clouded heavily.
I didn't think...I just swallowed.
...........................

At present, I'm stood on a table in the club...shaking my groove thing!
I've never felt better.
I swear I could feel all the endorphins in my body building up.
I took that pill about an' hour ago, and I haven't stopped dancing since.

I could suddenly feel a sharp tug on my jeans.
I looked down, and my eyes focused briefly on a little dark haired girl in a sparkly silver dress.
It took minute for me to realise it was Amber.
"HEEEEEY AMBER'!"
"Come and dance with me...it's sooo much fun!"
Amber was frowning at me, and tugging harder on my jeans now.
"Come on Amber, quit it, come and dance"
"LEE SUNGMIN! GET DOWN THIS INSTANT!"
My eyes snapped wide open and focused properly on the little brunette. Her face was serious, and she wasn't letting go of me.
I reluctantly got down off the table, and stood to her side.
"Where have you been? we've been looking all over for you, for at least twenty minutes!!" 
"We were worried sick"
My eyes weren't focusing properly anymore.. they seemed to be going blurry, as if the sun was in them.
"what..what dya mean..I've been hear all the time..where have YOU been?"
Amber grabbed my face in her hands now, and brought it down to her eye level while she scrutinized me.
"What have you taken Sungmin, your pupils are huge, and you're not acting right??!" Amber demanded.
"I met this guy before.. and we danced...and he gave me this little pill...I feel GREAT though!"

Amber's eyes were bugging out of her head by now.
"YOU WHAT!!"
"You swallowed a pill, some strange guy gave you?...are you CRAZY!?"

Amber's voice sounded really distant now, and I found my eyes rolling around in my head.
Oooopsie.

"Min, come with me, come on honey...ZHOU, JOON, TAEMIN, COME HELP ME! I FOUND HIM!"
I heard worried voices, and the sound of heavy footsteps.
"Jesus...Amber..what's wrong with him?" I could hear Henry now.
"He's taken something...some guy gave it to him before......here get hold of him he's heavy.."
I was hoisted onto somebody else, and I leant all my weight on them, finding it hard to support myself anymore.
...................................

I knew we were outside now.
I could feel the cool night air on my skin, and it felt great!
My skin was sooooo hot, I felt like I was on fire.
"We'll never get a cab with him like this...what should we do?" Zhou Mi again.

"...I don't know...let me think...ummmm."

"Hey why don't you guys get a cab back to Min's place, and we'll see you there in a bit.." Zhou suggested to the others.
"Sure...are you okay with him.. I'll stay if you need help.." Taemin offered.
"Thanks Tae', I think we'll be okay, just make sure everyone gets back to Min's safely okay."
"Sure will.. you be safe too!"
And with that.. the others left to find a cab.
While I suddenly noticed how soft Zhou Mi’s hair was.
I had to touch it!
I lifted my hand up to the back of his head, and I ran my fingers through his thick dark hair.
"..hehe..you're hair's sooo soft Mi Mi.." I said goofily.
I continued to tousle it between my fingers.
Zhou just rolled his eyes, and let me carry on playing with his hair, while Henry thought of what to do.
..............................
"I can only think of one person we can call.." Henry said wearily.
"Do you think he'd come?" Zhou Mi said, slightly suprised.
I was too busy smelling Zhou Mi’s hair.
I wasn't really paying any attention to what they were talking about.
Good thing too.
If I knew what they were talking about, I would've ran for the hills!

Henry quickly dug his hand into his pocket, and pulled out his phone.
He flipped it open and dialled out, holding the phone to his ear.


".....Heyyy, Sorry I'm calling you so late..."

"Yeah I know what time it is...look! will you listen to me.."

"I'm not being y...this is serious.. just shutup for a minute will you!"

"No..no I'm fine..I'm not in any trouble.."

"It's Sungmin...." he said slowly, waiting for a reaction.

"...No he's not hurt...he's taken something, and there's no way we can get home with him in this state...I'm with him now...."
"Yeah Mi's with us too...he's got hold of Min..."
"We're outside 'The Reflex' now...yes...!"
"You're the best Kyuhyun...thank you so much...see you soon!"

Zhou looked at Henry.

"He's coming!"


----------------------------------------------------------------

Holy curved yellow fruit!

That was a long chapter!!!

I couldn't find the right place to end it hahaha -fail-

I'm feeling alot better today~~

Hopefully it lasts for awhile ^__^

Because i haven't been at University for two weeks i wont be able to update very often from Monday onwards :\

I hate being behind in work >__< 

So, this weekend i will update update UPDATE!

Anyways...

Thank you for all the lovely comments!!

And WOW! look at all you subscribers~~ ♥ 

I'm going to call you all little pom poms! *giggles*

Enjoy~

Jaehwa ♪