Chapter 34

An Innocent little Bunny

Sungmin's P.O.V

Okay.....Okay......Okay.....Okay!

Did I say okay yet?

Okay!

Today is the day.....and I mean......the day!

First day back at school......

First day seeing Kyuhyun.......

I'm okay with it though....I'm totally chilled out!


I slammed my hand down to my side, clutching at the paper bag laying there.

I pushed it to my mouth and took several deep breaths into it, calming my heaving chest.

"Wooooooooo..." I breathed out, feeling a little calmer.


I was over overreacting I know, but my stress levels bumped up another notch or two at the mere thought of seeing Kyuhyun again.

What if he was mean to me?

What if he wanted to hit me?

What if he-

I stopped myself.

Yoona had told me to count to ten, every time I started to freak out, and if that didn't work, I should use the paper bag.

She was sort of my shrink......because Dr. Park bit the big one!

She just 'Mmmed' everything I said, and never gave me any feedback.

Yoona gave me feedback by the bucket load, and that's exactly what I needed too.

I glanced over at my clock, realising that it was now or never.

I quickly manoeuvred around my room, pulling on outfits, then quickly discarding them in favour of something else.

wanted to impress Kyuhyun....

I must of thought, somewhere deep down, that if he saw me looking my best, he'd miraculously take me back.

I finally settled, on some jeans and a green t-shirt....

He did say that his favourite colour was green.


Fast forward to school!


I'd hitched a ride with Henry as usual, and stayed silent the whole drive to the school.

I was almost holding my breath.

Henry did the courteous thing and let me be, instead of clouding my mind with anything other than Kyuhyun.

We waited in the car park as usual, greeting each of our friends as they arrived.

I smiled politely, but sighed inwardly when Kyuhyun didn't show up.

I honestly thought he'd show his face today, I mean....I did, and I've been like a hermit crab for the past month.

Everyone filed past me, giving me kind, soft smiles, and the odd hug, but nobody approached the taboo subject.......and I thanked God they didn't.

Everyone stood silently, sending glances my way.

I didn't return them.

I wanted to stay in the car park, and wait for Kyuhyun....even though I knew he wasn't going to show.

I stood on my tip toes, and strained my neck to see over the crowds of kids in front of me, trying to keep a look out for his face......but after 10 minutes, Henry softly tugged at my arm.

"Come on Minnie....everyone wants to go sit down, and it doesn't look like he's going to turn up...." Henry muttered into my ear.

I nodded my head, and shuffled over to the gang.

Taemin clung to my left side, whilst Zhou Mi slung an arm around me from the right, rubbing my arm gently.

I smiled a little smile to them both, and started some small talk, all the while glancing over my shoulder, hoping to catch a glimpse of Kyuhyun.

.....................................................

When we reached our bench, I plonked myself down and stared off into space.

I'd sort of resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't be seeing Kyuhyun today, and my stomach dropped a bit even at the thought.

I could hear some mumbling and the occasional giggle behind me from everyone else, and I wished I could snap out of my trance and join them, but my lips couldn't form any words.

I don't know why I was so excited to see Kyuhyun, when I knew I'd probably just hurt even more.

Love does crazy things to you I guess.


I closed my eyelids for a millisecond, studying my eyelids, before the noise from behind me abruptly stopped.

I fluttered my eyes open to find out the cause, but it didn't take too long to find out, because the cause was walking right towards me.

My heart suddenly began to thump against my ribcage, and a million thoughts that I hadn't been able to process this morning, came rushing into my mind all at once.

I instantly became uncomfortable.

I felt self-conscious about myself, which never happens!

I looked Kyuhyun up and down more than once and just verified in my own mind, how good looking he was, and how ugly I felt right now.

He looked great, like nothing had ever happened between us at all.

I must've looked like on a stick in comparison.

As Kyuhyun arrived in front of us, he stood a little to my left, in front of Henry.

I looked up briefly, for maybe a minute, and Kyuhyun kept his eyes trained on mine.

I don't think he even blinked.

I began to feel uncomfortable again, and looked away, clearing my dry throat.

The chatter didn't pick up again after Kyuhyun's impromptu arrival, and he sort of just stood there.

Henry didn't seem happy at all, but I didn't dare look up to see his face, because I could feel Kyuhyun's stare, burning into me.

After another couple of minutes, Henry finally made some movement.

He scooted a little closer to me, and Kyuhyun took the hint, and readily sat down, stretching his legs out in front of him.

Moments later, Lulu broke the increasing silence.

She asked something about how he was, but I didn't really pay that much attention, as I was quietly dying of awkwardness.

I did however pay attention when his voice chimed in, answering whatever she'd asked.

I can't describe how wonderful I felt.

I needed to hear that voice, it was way too long since I had, and I craved it more than anything.

I felt a little flip in my stomach as I heard every perfectly formed vowel and consonant leave his lips.

"So, so...school's been boring since...." I heard Lulu begin.

I cringed a little as I thought she'd forget herself and mention the unmentionable.

But he trailed off, giving Henry the chance to change the topic entirely.

"So...how was everyone's weekend?" he said, adding a short, forced laugh to the end.

I exhaled heavily, reminding myself to thank Henry later.

Then the earlier chatter began again, leaving me and Kyuhyun to sit silently, with our own thoughts.

What I wouldnt give to know what he was thinking!


I could feel him staring at me still, and I almost turned to stare back, but instead I just pushed a hand into my bag, and fished out some book Hyuna had given me the other day.

It was called something stupid, like : 'Starting over, again'


It was a good book though.

It went into detail about the stages of a break up, and how long it could take, and so on and so forth.

I thought I'd only read a few pages, but I really started getting into it.

I flipped to another page, beginning a new chapter, called: Acting out

As I began to read, I ran my tongue over my bottom lip, and started nibbling at it, like I usually did when I was concentrating on something.

As I began a new line, a noise to my left distracted me.

I tore my eyes away from the page to see Kyuhyun, out of his seat, and scrambling around.

He'd dropped his bag, and some books lay strewn across the floor.

Without thinking, I automatically got up, and began to help.

Bad Idea....


We both went for the same book, causing our fingertips to brush together for only a fraction of a second, before he pulled his hand back, as quick as lightning.

Regardless of how short it was, the contact felt really good, and I smiled a little to myself.

I was a little hurt, that he recoiled away from me so quickly though.

Did he hate me that much?

"Are you okay?" I asked softly, throat still dry.

It was worth asking, the most he could do was ignore me.....or at least I think that's the worst he could do....

He looked at me wide eyed for a moment before practically screaming in my face.

"Yeah...err...I've gotta go..."

He turned swiftly, clutching his bag, and began to rush away.

But he didn't pay attention to where he was going.....

"Kyu watch ou-" I began, almost shrieking.

I was too late though.

SPLASH!

In he went.

It might of just been me, but I felt like he'd been under the water for hours!

I couldn't contain myself anymore, and hurled myself into the pool after him, panicking that he might've hit his head or something.

I found him straight away, floundering a little under the surface.

I didn't understand why though, because I know he can swim.

I grabbed onto his shoulders right away, and began swimming and pulling him to the surface.

After a short while, we broke out of the water, and we both gasped for air.

I could hear him cough and splutter, and my face fell into a sad, pout.

He turned to look at me, and he looked like a deer in the headlights.

"OH MY GOD, KYUHYUN!!! ARE YOU OKAY?" I yelled at him.

He never answered, but I could hear everyone in the distance shouting for us, so I just clutched him again, and pulled us over the edge of the pool, keeping my eyes fixed on his frightened looking face.

As soon as we reached the edge though, he ripped himself away from me, and bolted out of the pool, and away from everyone.

He didn't even get his now drenched, and ruined bag.

I remained in the water, more than little shocked for a couple of seconds, before everyone was reaching down to me, trying to pull me out.

I just looked after Kyuhyun, with sad eyes, b with tears, I thought I'd cried out.

Everyone sent me sympathetic looks, but I'd had enough of everyone's sympathy.

I pulled away from them, and took off in Kyuhyun's direction, leaving a very confused group of people behind me.

I ran as fast as I could, slipping every now and again.

I didn't have to wonder where Kyuhyun went.....I could see the wet trail he'd left, and it lead me right to him.

As I rounded another corner, I could see him stood with his back to me, a little way up the corridor.

I made my way towards him, squelching in my shoes as I went.

He was stood stock still, and I hurried to see what was wrong.

As I got closer to him, I could clearly see over his shoulders.

Oh no.....this can't end well.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Ohh man... we're almost finished!

I think i'm going to have to go buy some cream cheese ><

... I might actually update all chapters today... 

Cause i'm so bored.... and need something to do.. ha .. ha...haaa...

Yeah...

Jaehwa ♪




ARE YOU ALL READY FOR U-KISS' STOP GIRL TEASER?!?!? HAHAHHA -SPAZZES- I'M A KISSME TOO KKKKKK :D