Chapter 27

An Innocent little Bunny

 

A loud gasp escaped my lips, and my wide eyes, met those of another.

My body wouldn't move.

The bright light from the corridor, shone in through the partially opened door, and directly onto my face.

I could feel the dread building up inside of me already as I stared into those bright grey eyes.

His face was blank, and he stood as motionless as me, with his hand still keeping the bathroom door propped open.

"Kyu-" My voice caught in my throat.

He didn't speak, nor did he move a muscle.

We just stood in total silence, looking into each others eyes.


What occurred next, left no doubt in my mind, that I'd been effectively 'caught in the act'

The soft footfall echoed through the corridor, and came every increasingly closer to mine, and Kyuhyun's location.



Please turn around!...please turn around!...


I wanted to physically stop Siwon from approaching us.


Although he didn't realise it now, he was entering a minefield.

Kyuhyun hadn't been paying attention to the faint sound outside, but on seeing my sudden interest in it, he became more wary.

He pushed me back into the bathroom more, and scooted behind the now closed door, with a face full of fury.

Oh God!.....

My heart was rapidly beating against my chest, and my palms became damp.

I could feel little beads of sweat, gathering along my brow, but I dare not move to wipe them away.

My body was so very still, that I could feel my pulse, bumping against my skin, as if it wanted to break out.

The last footsteps became clearer now;

tap....

tap....

tap....


I felt the need to scream loudly, but my lips would not budge, to entertain the idea.

Kyuhyun's eyes swept over my face, then my body, observing my reactions.

If it wasn't totally obvious already!

The last soft pad of a foot, signalled the end of the gruelling, torturous wait, and I excepted the consequences of my near meeting with Siwon.

With blurry, unclear vision, I lifted my eyes to the door, as it creaked open an inch.

Then another inch....

Until my eyes clamped on the glorious vision before me.


"Zhou Mi!" I uttered dreamily.

Kyuhyun's face looked totally confused, and he looked between the two of us a couple of times, trying to rationalise the scene.

My face had converted from one of pure pain, to one of demented pleasure.

I was saved!


I fought the urge to pounce on Zhou, and shifted in my position, trying to appear innocent.

"You mean......you were here to meet.....Zhou?" Kyuhyun said slowly, as if answering his own question.

Zhou caught my eye, and upon noticing my sudden dumbness, he answered for me.

"Of course Kyuhyun!....who else would he be meeting." he said looking at me, with a hollow smile.

He didn't attempt to leave that an open question, it only left the possibility of bringing Siwon up.

Kyuhyun shifted his eyes to me again, and it felt as though he was trying to read me.

I edged a little closer to him.

He remained planted in his position, but his hard face softened to a great extent.

"Kyuhyun?...." I asked softly.

"Hm?" He grunted.

"Did you follow me here?"

He wouldn't look directly at me, and I could tell he was a little embarrassed by his stalking behaviour.

"I-" He hesitated.

He looked at me briefly, before shaking his head, and pushing past, both me and Zhou, and leaving the bathroom.

I opened my mouth to shout after him, and my body began to move, but Zhou only rested his hand on my shoulder, preventing me from doing anything.

A frown etched its way onto my face, and my lips fell into a pout.

I tried to move myself from Zhou's tightening grip, but he had a strong hold of me.

"Zhou Mi, let me go please...you're hurting me!"

He ignored me, and remained silent.

I couldn't turn to see his face, but I assumed the worse.

I'd still been 'caught in the act'.......Zhou had found me out!


Before I had a chance to utter another word, I was spun around quickly, and pushed up against the cold wall, quite roughly.

Rough wasn't a word I usually associated with Zhou Mi.


My back had cracked against the tough, thick plaster and I cringed at the sharp pain reverberating up and down my back.

Zhou placed his hands either side of my head, and leaned over me, pushing his forehead against mine.

This is the side of Zhou I hoped to never see.

"Zhou what are you-"

He placed a single finger to his lips, silencing me instantly.

He had a menacing look about him, and I had never felt so scared.

"Min." He began.

"I may be your friend.....and I may have helped you out today......but let me be clear about one thing!"

His voice became harsher, and louder as he finished.

I shrank back from him as much as I could, but the wall wouldn't allow anymore space between us.

"What happened today, is to never happen again!"

"Nothing did happen Zhou....I-"

He shook his head at me, and shushed me.

"No, No!.....don't talk.....just listen!"

He pressed his body into mine further.

"I don't know what is going on with you and Siwon.....but it either stops now or this will only end in tears!"

"I won't allow you to string along my best friend, if you have no more feelings for him."

"Kyuhyun has been through too much, and all he needs is reassurance."

"I helped you out today Min.....I won't do it again!....sort yourself out"

With that said, he pushed himself away from me, and hastily exited the bathroom, much like Kyuhyun had before him.

My body finally reacted to the entire situation, and it came crashing down on me all at once.

My body slid down the wall, and hot tears, flowed from my eyes, drenching my cheeks.

My body shook, and I drew in large gasps of air, trying to steady myself.

The more I gasped, the harder the tears fell.

I felt awful!

I didn't find myself attracted towards Siwon, nor did I have any intention of having a sordid, bathroom tryst with him, but the way Kyuhyun had looked at me, and the manner in which Zhou had spoken to me, utterly convinced me, that I had done wrong, by even attempting to meet him.

The shrill ring of the final bell of the day echoed through the dark, empty room I lay in, and my body ached.

I could barely bring myself to stand.

I knew I had to return to my class, if only to retrieve my bag, but the idea of seeing Kyuhyun and Zhou, was too much for me to bare.

The idea of seeing Siwon was equally unappealing.

Weighing up my options, I went with the one that made the most sense at the time.

I ran.

 


--------------------------------------------------------------------

lsdkgjdkjfghfjgl'khj;lkj someone just kill me now haha. that's two short ones >< (only cause i cut it in half though!) 

next one is the last update .__.