Chapter 1

An Innocent little Bunny

 


Tracing my name into the condensation forming on the window beside me, the car juddered to a stand-still. 

I slowly blinked my eyes, taking in the entirety of my surroundings through the childish smears I had placed onto the glass, somewhere along the way to our new house.

The house itself was quite big, with a sweeping driveway from the road, upto the garage. There were little shrubs planted evenly along the way, sort of like a guide to the steps of the house. The bare trees shadowing the house, only reminded me of the cold autumn that seemed to come over night, leaving me chilled to the bone and pulling my scarf closer to myself, up over my nose, that was now resembling a little cherry.

The sound of china smashing, brought me out of my momentary reverie.

"...God Damnit!.."

My father sure knew how to get off on the wrong foot, ecspecially when it came to handling my mothers expensive plates.

"Minnie-baby, come here and help your father take the rest of this stuff carefully into the house please."

That's me! 
Min-baby.....or if you're other people… Sungmin
I suppose it's better than Minnie-The-Pooh, which had stuck with me all through middle school, and up into high school.

"..Mum, you can't keep calling me Min-baby! I'm 18 for Gods sake!.." 

My mum just chuckled at me.
"You'll always be my baby Minnie, even when you've got kids of your own, so for Gods sake, get over it. Besides it's such a cute nickname!.." she just chuckled again and went back to the car to remove some more precious items before my dad could break them too.

I couldn't help but smile as my mum had copied my whining tone when she spoke. I love my mum, but the nickname's have got to stop. That's all I need at my new school, more reason for the other kids to dislike me.

Again, I found myself drifting into my own 
mind, holding conversations about every
thing and nothing. I snapped out of it and rushed over to help my dad, just in time to save another plate, sticking out of the bottom of a broken box. " Thanks kid, your mother wouldn't be a very happy bunny if I broke another of these bad boys" he said as he balanced the box on his knee, and reached out for the plate in my hand. 

My dad is the best guy I know! He's a weird and wonderful person, with a passion for two things...writing and family!
That's the reason he's moved us out here, so he can spend more time with me and my mum while he writes his new book.

Pulling another box out of the car, with my name on it naturally, I trudge up the steps to the front door behind my dad, who had ladened himself with everything he could. Bags, boxes, plants, blankets...he looks like a pack horse. I let myself giggle a little at the sight of him, as we entered the living room.

My mouth gaped slightly at the room we stood in. It was huge and already mainly furnished with brand new furniture. The huge fireplace blazed warmly, giving my ruddy cheeks some warmth. The two large sofa's looked like giant beds, and I fought the urge to drag one in front of the fire and just dive onto it and bed down. The inside of this house definitely made up for the cold bare feel of the outside. 

I must of looked like a dead fish just standing there and gawping at everything, and before long I could hear my parents light, breathy laughs. "..I take it you like it Min, honey?" I didn't even have to answer my mum, I just nodded my head like a little kid. I also couldn't fight the urge anymore, and I ran and dove onto the closest of the two sofa's. 

"..Awwwww..yeah!!..." I think I might of even squealed a little bit in pure pleasure at the feeling of this plush cloud I was now laying on.

I could hear more laughing, and footsteps around the different areas of the downstairs. I could of stayed where I was for the rest of the night, but instead I thought I'd better take a look around and get settled into my bedroom. Reluctantly, I peeled myself from the warm groove I'd made in the sofa and followed the sound of voices, into the kitchen, where my mum and dad were un-wrapping glasses and various other breakable items from bubble wrap. "Which room is mine mum?"

"..Oh, hi baby, I thought you'd be comatose on the sofa still" she said with a small grin. "It's up the stairs, last door on the left..." I grinned back, shook my hair out slightly, and turned to make my way upstairs. "..Oh and Minnie.. I think you'll like it" with that she winked, and threw herself back into arranging kitchen utensils with a look of pure bliss on her face. My mum loved moving house, and basically everything that went with it. Packing,  un-packing,  decorating,  painting. The works!

With a bit more bounce in my step now, I bounded up the stairs with a big bag of my clothing in one hand, and a suitcase of shoes in the other. Can't have too many shoes, I think!

I walked slowly now, leaving myself in suspense over my room. When I got to the door, I happily wrapped my fingers around the handle, and pushed it open.

The bag, and suitcase crashed to the floor. I was even more fish-like than downstairs.
The room was huge. On the far side, facing the door there were large ceiling to floor french doors, that opened out onto a little balcony, over-looking our back garden, which was pretty much the forrest. Although the trees were bare now, I could only gush with joy at how beautiful it would look in spring. The bed was far too big for one person, but who was I to complain. I threw myself onto it, and lay on my back for a while, feeling myself sink into the heavenly mattress.

My eyes scanned the room from were I lay, and almost immediately fell on a nice large walk in wardrobe. I suppose even for a young guy like myself, I did have huge amount of clothes and shoes. I could put any little paris hilton out there to shame.

I suppose you're wondering why my mum said I'd really like this room....well, it's because we have always lived in the city, so my dad could live close to work, and my view was always of the concrete jungle of office and apartment buildings, and I suppose the main reason was the huge wardrobe. In our old house, I had to keep my clothes in any space I could, my room wasn't big enough to hold a big wardrobe, so I never had the storage. All my clothes were everywhere, in my parents room, in the bathroom....you get the picture.
I could really get used to this place!

After about 45 minutes of just laying there, beaming about the house, I decided to stop being a lazy boy, and start making this room my own. I made about three or four trips dowstairs to collect: clothing, shoes, bedding, music, dvd's and everything else I had packed.

I instantly searched for my iPod and its dock. You've gotta' have some tunes blasting whilst you unpack.

"A-ha!" I'd found my gorgeous, sleek black music machine, and I was starting to connect it up, but I was interrupted briefly by a knock on the door. "Come in dad" I smiled automatically, knowing it was him.....we had a secret knock, that we'd made up when I was a kid, and he still uses it today, kind of like my mum with her nicknames. "Hey Min, your mum has been a busy bee, and she's invited the 'neighbours' over" I had to laugh at this, I knew what my mum was like, and knowing her, she'd invited the whole town for dinner, hence the air-quotes from my dad.

"She told me to tell you, that they'll be here at about 6:30, and to make sure you're dressed smartly....I say stick to your jeans anda t-shirt..but don't tell your mother I said that.." with that he winked and left the room, closing it softly behind him. 

Chuckling, I finished setting my music up, and flipped it to the first song...'The Cure - Close To Me'.

The gentle hum of the song began, and I clapped my hands along in time, while I danced my way over to the first bag of clothing......

4 Hours, and too many songs to mention later, I was nearly done with my room. My wardrobe was now full with a colourful display of t-shirts, scarves, coats, jeans and of course my beloved shoes. I did note however, that the wardrobe still had a good bit of room left in it...so that meant a trip to the biggest and brightest store I could find in this town was in order.

I'd had fun unpacking all my stuff, of course the music did help, and I hadn't once thought back to what my dad had said earlier about the 'neighbours' coming, but as I stood there surveying my room, and patting myself on the back, it came back to me. I quickly looked behind me, to where my alarm clock stood on the bedside table....6:20..... I cursed myself for forgetting and quickly grabbed a towel that still lay on my bed, before running into the bathroom, that was luckily connected to my room. It just wouldn't do for my new 'neighbours' to see me soaking wet running around the house after a shower.

I let the water run as hot as my skin could bare, and stood in the steamy goodness of it, finally feeling the stress of the move, and the unpacking weigh down on me.

After a good 10 minutes, I stepped out and wrapped my big fluffy pink towel around me, and walked back into my room, towelling my hair dry. Once again I stood and admired my bulging wardrobe, and decided on wearing a pair of tight black skinny jeans, a fitted pink shirt tucked in, a little black waistcoat left open, with a loose black tie, and to top it off, a pair of pink canvas shoes to match the shirt.

My hair was by now bone dry, at the speed I was towelling it, so I decided to run my straighteners through it, and work some product into it, just to impress.

Checking myself over in my mirror, I noticed that it was now closer to 7pm. I was surprised my mum hadn't been up here already, to drag me downstairs. I shrugged it off, and opened my bedroom door, as soon as I did, the sound of laughter and light music filled my ears. I walked a little quicker than usual towards the stairs, trying to make it look like I was eager to meet 'n' greet the towns folk. I was a bit nervous, as I was sure there'd be some kids my age from the local school there with their parents. I suppose that's why I dressed so well, instead of taking my dads advice. I wanted to make a good first impression!

In the time it'd taken me to fret about meeting these people, I'd made it down the stairs, and I was now making my way towards my parents, situated across the room close to the fireplace.

They spotted me soon enough, and gestured for me to go to them.

They were talking to four people, who I assumed they wanted me to meet. All four had their backs to me, so I couldn't see their faces, but I would soon enough.

I put my best, charming smile on and sauntered over, oozing confidence all the way, something I had inherited from my mother, who permanently looked graceful. My insides were full of butterflies though, and they only increased once I came face to face with one of the four facing me.

His eyes bore into mine straight away.
Those piercing eyes!

He held my eyes with his own, forcing me to look at him. If a fire broke out right then and there, I don't think I could've tore my eyes away from his. The perfect pink of his lips. I also found my eyes wandering up his smooth straight jaw down to his neck.

His hair was as black as coal, poker straight, and swept beautifully across his forehead, much like my own, only I found myself fiddling awkwardly with mine, feeling for once in my life, unsure of my appearance.

The words coming from my mother's mouth, slowly snapped me out of my trance, but they made no sense at all....and I realised that in a few short seconds, I had become totally obsessed with this boy. In those first few seconds I knew that I wanted to know everything about this person.

The only thing my mother said that got through the white noise that filled my head now was,

"...And this is Kyuhyun.." 

The beautiful boy had a name, and now I couldn't get it out of my head.







A/N: WOW thats a long first chapter haha o^__^o 

I'm sorry if this FF completely FAILS.

I'm new at writting kay? :) Please be kind~~

Jaehwa ♪

Comments are L.O.V.E.D~