"I hope we can stay like this, always."

The Newbie and Pregnant

A week has passed since the incident with Uee. Since the incident, Nana and Myungsoo have been spending more time together. They’ve been spending so much time together that Nana and I haven’t seen much of each other after the incident. I don’t mind though. We still have lunch together and she tells me all about the time her and Myungsoo have spent together. Sometimes it is quite interesting, and I wish I had someone to spend so much of my time with.

*ring ring*
“Hello?” I pick up my phone as I get out of my car in the school parking lot.
“Jisu, this is Giyeon.”
“Oh, hey. I just left the house, and you’re already calling me? Is everything ok?” I asked surprised.
“Well, yes everything is alright, but ‘Babies R Us’ just called and your nursery set you ordered will be delivered here today, and I won’t have time to take it up stairs, or be here to set it up.” She said with disappointment.
“Oh, well that’s ok. Will you at least be there to receive the delivery?” I asked a bit disappointed myself ,since I can’t put it together myself.
“Of course I will. I am sorry I can’t be there to set it up though sweety.” She must have known I would be a little disappointed. “I have a business meeting a couple towns over and I won’t get back in until late tonight. I wish I could be there to help you prepare.” I could practically hear the frown form on her face.
“No, it’s alright aunt Giyeon. We can do it some other time.” I reassured her.
“This is why I love you Jisu. You never let things keep you down, and you are so understanding. I will let you go now, dear. Have a good day today, alright?” She said enthusiastically.
“I love you too Giyeon.” I laughed. “Of course I will have a good day today. Have a good time at your meeting. I will see you when you get home.”
“Ok, dear. Bye.”
I hung up. What am I going to do? I can’t move  that stuff upstairs. I am not supposed to even carry my backpack to school anymore. Well, not with a lot of stuff in it. I exhaled a sigh as I stepped out of the car and walked toward the school.

When I entered the school, Nana wasn’t waiting for me at my locker like usual. She must be in class already. I looked toward the clock in the hallway and noticed the tardy bell would ring in a few minutes. That’s why she’s not waiting for me! I am almost late! I quickly grabbed the things I needed from my locker and went to class.

When I got to class I saw Nana in her seat, and I took my seat next to her with a smile. The teacher started class and I took my notebook out to take notes. This is going to be a long day.

After class, Nana told me she was going to have lunch with Myungsoo today. This too? What, am I just going to eat lunch alone? A frown formed on my face
“I’m sorry, Jisu. Do you want me to cancel with Myungsoo and eat with you? WAIT! You did bring lunch, right? You weren’t going to just share lunch with me today, right? Because I will most definitely stay then! Your baby needs-”
‘Nana! Calm down. I don’t want you to cancel your lunch date with Myungsoo, and I brought my own lunch to eat. Don’t worry about me so much, ok?”
“Oh, well you just look down today.” She said frowning.
“I just have something on my mind today. I am fine, ok? Now, go have your lunch date with Myungsoo.” I smiled at her teasingly.
“It’s not a date!” She said trying to reassure me.
“Yeah, yeah. There’s no convincing me that it’s anything different.” I said as she blushed a little.
“Well, I hope he see’s it as a date too.” She said smiling like a child that was talking about their first crush.
“I knew it. I knew you liked him.” I said as I poked her.
“Shh! Don’t say it so loud. Someone might hear you!” Nana put her hand over my mouth.
I mumbled that no one was around, her hand still on my mouth.
“Wait, what?” Nana said as she removed her hand.
“I said, no one is around. Everyone is at lunch! Which is where you should be. Go, go!” I said pushing her away.
“Ok, ok! I am going.” She said as she waved at me smiling, and I waved back.


Since I didn’t want to eat lunch in the cafeteria by myself, I took my lunch over to the bench in the hall that faced out toward our school fountain, and garden.
I sighed, What am I going to do? I need to set the nursery up as soon as possible. I never know when the birthdate for my child will be, and Giyeon is always busy. I swear, I feel so useless.
Out of my peripheral vision, I saw someone sit down next to me. I looked over to see who it was.
I looked toward him shocked.
“What are you doing sitting in the hall by yourself?” he asked.
“Well, what does it look like I am doing? I am going to eat my lunch.” I said sarcastically.
“I see that, but why by yourself? Where’s Nana?” He asked curiously. “Did you two have your first friend fight?”
“No, Woohyun. Where do you think Nana is right now?” I asked him.
“Well... I would guess that if you two aren’t fighting, she is having lunch with L today.”
“Bingo.” I said holding my finger up.
“Do you not want her to eat with L? Is that why you looked so sad?” He questioned.
“No, it’s not that. I don’t mind that she is spending so much time with Myungsoo.”
“Then why the long face?” He asked as he took his lunch out.
I was surprised that he was going to eat with me, and didn’t respond fast.
“Well?” He asked impatiently.
“It’s nothing.” I said waving my hands in front of my chest.
“If it were nothing, you wouldn’t be looking so disappointed. Tell me.” He placed his sandwich on his baggy that was carrying it.
I sighed.“Well, the nursery set that I ordered is being delivered to my house today. Giyeon said she will be there to receive it, but won’t be able to move it upstairs, or set it up. I am just worried that if I don’t get it set up soon that I will have the baby, and nothing to bring him or her home to.”
Woohyun smiled, “ Well, I could come over and help you with that.”
“No, no! I will figure out something different.” I said trying to decline.
“I won’t take no for an answer! You’re going to stress yourself out over something that can be fixed right now.” He smiled, “Stress won’t be good for you, or your baby.”
I smiled at him. That is so sweet. For once I feel that someone cares for my baby as I do. Even though Nana seems to care for the baby, this was different. This made him seem even more attractive to me. Nam Woohyun, what are you doing to me? I felt myself blush.
He picked his sandwich back up. “I will meet you at your locker when the dismissal bell rings, ok?” I nodded. “So, eat for now, and anytime something like this comes up, don’t hesitate to ask me for help, alright?” He winked at me and bit into his sandwich.
What is this? I feel flustered. Oh my, what is happening to me? I looked away from him, and grabbed my lunch.


When the dismissal bell rang I rushed out of class to meet Woohyun at my locker. When I got there he was already there leaning against the lockers. He smiled and turned my way, and I smiled back as I approached him.

When I finally reached my locker, I heard someone call my name.
“Jisu!”
I looked over to see Nana walking quickly toward me, and Myungsoo was trailing a little behind her.
“Jisu, Woohyun told us you needed help setting the nursery up! Why didn’t you tell me? He said you were pretty worried about it!” Nana said and Myungsoo finally reached us and stood beside her.
“Well, you were happy about having lunch with Myungsoo. I guess I just didn’t want to bother you at that time with my worries, and Woohyun ended up seeing me in the hallway and approached me.” I said as I smiled at her.
“Oh I see. Well Myungsoo and I are here to help!” Nana said as she pointed her index finger toward the ceiling.
“Yep, so let’s go.” Myungsoo said as he put his hands back into his pocket and turned to walk toward the doors, and we all followed.


When we arrived at the house, the nursery set boxes were laying in front of the stairs.
“Well, we better get started.” Woohyun looked at me, placed his bag down, and started toward the boxes; Myungsoo followed him.
“Which room are you putting the stuff in?” Myungsoo questioned.
“Oh, um. We are setting it up in the last room on the right.” I told them.
They nodded and packed some things up to the room.
“Doesn’t it feel like we are playing house or something?” Nana asked with a smile on her face, looking at the boys walk up the stairs.
I shook my head at her,“You’re such a child Nana, I swear.” I said as I pushed her shoulder a little.
“Well, doesn’t it kind of feel that way though?” She said with big eyes.
I laughed at her. “I think I will go start some dinner.” I said as I went toward the kitchen.
“Alright, I am going to go help the boys.” She said heading toward the stairs.


After a few hours, I was still getting dinner ready; and Woohyun, Nana and Myungsoo were still upstairs putting things together. Well, it was more like Nana handed Myungsoo the tools as he put it all together, and Woohyun was working alone. They seem like a married couple getting ready for their first child. I rolled my eyes.

Woohyun came downstairs to see how dinner was coming, and I realized that Nana was right, this did feel like we were playing a game of house.
“How is dinner coming?” Woohyun asked as he leaned on the counter next to the stove.
“It’s almost done.” I smiled at him, and he smiled back.
I felt my cheeks get hot. Please, stop smiling at me like that.
*knock knock*
Someone was at the door, but Woohyun said he would get it.
I continued to cook the food.


*Woohyun’s POV*
I walked toward the door, twisted the handle; and pulled it open.
When it was completely opened a boy stood there with a surprised face.
“Sorry, I must have the wrong house.” He bowed and began to turn around.
He looks familiar.
I placed my hand on his shoulder, “Wait, who is it that you’re looking for?” I asked.
He tilted his head, “I am looking for Oh Jisu.”
I knew it. The same guy from the cafe who was bothering Jisu.
“Well, then you have the right house. Please wait here and I will go get Jisu for you.” I said leaving him standing in the doorway.

I walked into the kitchen and I saw Jisu was still stirring the food.
“Jisu?”
“Hm?” She said not looking away from the food.
I smiled, “There’s someone at the door who is here to see you.”
“Oh, ok.” She put the spoon down. “Can you keep an eye on the food for me?” She asked.
“Sure.” I gave her a smile, and her cheeks got a little red. She is so cute when she is shy. Oh Jisu, you make my heart skip beats.
I took over the cooking, and she exited the kitchen.



*Jisu’s POV*
I walked to the door and saw Chanji leaning against the doorway.
“What are you doing here?” I questioned him.
He looked at me, “I wanted to talk to you. I think we need to talk.”
“I don’t think there’s anything to discuss.” I said crossing my arms in front of my chest.
“Please, let’s talk. Can you come outside for a bit.”
I hesitated, but grabbed a sweater and went outside with him

“What do you want to talk about, Chanji?” I asked, clearly annoyed with his sudden visit.
“Well, you are carrying my baby. What else would I want to talk about?” He said looking at me like I was stupid.
I rolled my eyes. “Well, talk.”
“Did you find out the gender of the baby?” he asked.
“No, I want it to be a surprise.” I bluntly stated.
“Don’t you think I should be involved in these decisions?” I could tell he wasn’t happy with this.
“You never wanted to be involved before. Why all of a sudden do you have an interest in the baby?” I questioned him.
“Well honestly, I’m not really all that interested in it, but when my mom found out a couple months ago, she insisted I talk to you about it.”
“Is that why you wanted to talk to me in the cafe too?”
“Kind of.”
“Kind of? What kind of answer is that? Can’t you just answer honestly? Oh, wait. You didn’t even tell your mom about my pregnancy, you lied and said that the baby couldn’t possibly be yours to my parents when I was telling them, and made me look like a ! To my own parents! When you knew that I was a before that night!” I raised my voice. “ So, I guess it wouldn’t be possible to get a complete honest answer from you.”
He looked around to see if anyone was around to hear what I had said.
“What? Don’t want people to know that you’re not some cool guy who got a girl pregnant, and before that you had never had before either? Do you not want people to know that you’re not the player that you lied to be?”
He scoffed and walked away. “I don’t want to be apart of that kids life anyways! You can go through everything all by yourself!”
“I have been fine by myself this far, I don’t think I need you after six months of going through this alone!” I shouted toward him.
He turned around. “It doesn’t seem like you are doing this alone.” He said pointing toward the door.
I looked to find Woohyun standing on the porch, and walking toward me.
“Come on, Jisu. Dinner’s ready.” He smiled down at me, and we walked back inside. I glanced at Chanji before entering the house.


“What was that all about?” Woohyun asked. “If you don’t mind me asking.”
“Just Chanji being the new him.” I rolled my eyes. “ I swear, he hasn’t shown any interest in the baby before, but now that his mom found out about it being his baby he is trying to talk to me, and be involved. I mean, not like I don’t have enough to worry about, but now he wants to be involved; and come back into my life as well.” My eyes started to tear up.
Woohyun looked at me and placed a hand on my shoulder. “Don’t worry. He won’t approach you anymore.” He pulled me into a sudden hug, and I was shocked.
After a few seconds, I decided to hug him back, and cry into his chest as he rubbed my back.
When I felt like I was done crying, I backed out of the hug, and he smiled at me.
“Feel better?” He asked, and I nodded.
“Good. Now, let’s call Nana and L down for dinner. I smiled, and he went to get Myungsoo and Nana.
Nam Woohyun, why do you care about me so much? I just don’t get it. You make me feel as if I am not some unwanted pregnant girl. I think I may like you, Woohyun. Thank you.


After we had dinner, we all walked up to see the nursery. I was surprised that they all finished it in so little time.
When we walked into the room, my eyes began to water.
“It looks so beautiful.” I wiped my eyes.
“I am so glad you like it!” Nana said hugging me.
“Me too.” Woohyun said with a smile, and Myungsoo nodded.
“Thank you guys. Thank you so much. I am so thankful to have met all of you. I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t met you.” I said as a tear fell from my eye, and Woohyun wiped it from my cheek.

“Well, you don’t have to worry about that. You did meet us and we are always here to help.” Woohyun smiled.
“That’s right! Even though L is lazy, and complained a couple of times, he and I were happy to help you too!” Nana added making Woohyun and I laugh.
“Hey! Im Nana, I did not complain that much, and I AM NOT LAZY!” He defended himself.
Woohyun and I looked at each other as Nana teased Myungsoo.
I am so glad to have met you. I hope we can all stay like this, always.

 

 


Hey guys!

I know this chapter isn't as long as the others, but I hope you enjoy it still.

Isn't Woohyun sweet? :)

Isn't Chanji a jerk? -_-

Please, leave me comments about what you think!

I will try to make the next chapter longer. :)

I will try to update when I can this week. I started school, and have been very busy. 

I am a Senior this year, and we just got AP classes. Let's just say, I am taking three Ap classes, and it is a lot of work. Lol.

I hope everyone who is starting school has a good start! :)

FIGHTING~ :)